Status
Not open for further replies.

VHStapes

Game Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Interesting. Try this: http://yanfly.moe/plugins/en/YEP_X_BattleSysCTB.js See if that fixes it for you.
Didn't see this in time but the v1.01 from your page fixed the problem.

Could you explain how the Full Gauge and Full Turn work in a little depth?

In my game characters start with anywhere from 3 to 10 agi, and all characters cap out at 100 agi, so I'm wondering what a good formula would be for the gauge and turn.

I also use the Skill Cooldowns, so getting the turns to be right is fairly important. I'm considering dropping the cooldowns and warmups, do you think they make sense to use with CTB (I'm considering just using skills that slow you down a bunch instead)?

Sol Rising

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Status Menu Core >> Battle Statistics

Features and How to Use

Ever wanted to log the battle statistics of your actors over the course of the entire gameplay? Well, now you can! This bonus plugin requires the Status Menu Core plugin.

Plugin: http://yanfly.moe/2015/12/06/yep-39-battle-statistics/

Instructions

Introduction

This plugin requires YEP_StatusMenuCore. Make sure this plugin is located under YEP_StatusMenuCore in the plugin list.

If you wish to place the Battle Statistics tab in the Status Menu in a specific spot, place ‘Statistics’ without the quotes in the Status Menu Core’s Command Order parameter. If it’s not present there, it will automatically order itself in the ‘Custom’ tab.

Instructions

This plugin is plug-and-play. All battle information will be recorded in the Battle Statistics tab. The information will be as follows:

Battles Initiated

How many battles the actor was present in the starting party and what ratio.

Kills/Deaths/Assists

Displays information about how many kills, deaths, and assists performed by the actor overall. Kills rise when the actor defeats an enemy. Deaths rise if the actor falls in battle. Assists rise if the actor is present during an enemy kill.

Damage Dealt

Total amount of damage dealt by the actor over the course of the game.

Damage Taken

Total amount of damage taken by the actor over the course of the game.

Healing Dealt

Total amount of healing dealt by the actor over the course of the game.

Healing Taken

Total amount of healing taken by the actor over the course of the game.

Happy RPG Making!

great plugin yanfly! question are there any plans to add the feature to be able to show bust portraits in the status menu and extended profile information for our actors? would be great if you could add those in :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Yanfly

Developer
Reaction score
Didn't see this in time but the v1.01 from your page fixed the problem.

Could you explain how the Full Gauge and Full Turn work in a little depth?

In my game characters start with anywhere from 3 to 10 agi, and all characters cap out at 100 agi, so I'm wondering what a good formula would be for the gauge and turn.

I also use the Skill Cooldowns, so getting the turns to be right is fairly important. I'm considering dropping the cooldowns and warmups, do you think they make sense to use with CTB (I'm considering just using skills that slow you down a bunch instead)?
Full Gauge is what speed is needed to be reached in order for a battler to be able to act. Usually, this is best left at a high number so that there's a bit of meaning in AGI differences. However, if you choose to use a low number, by all means go for it~ Full turns are how many ticks is needed in order for the battle to consider it one "turn". While actors and enemies have their own turn structure, battles too have their own due to events needing to fire off at certain intervals.

I strongly recommend setting the minimum cap to 3000 to 4000 for a Full Gauge. For Full Turns, it's best to balance by taking the Full Gauge number and dividing it by the lowest AGI you'll probably have. In the case of a Full Gauge of 3000, it will be 3 so you'll be looking at ticks of 1000. Should you decide to go with lowest at 10, only 300 ticks would be needed for the best effect.

You'll have to do some test runs to see what's best for your game.

great plugin yanfly! question are there any plans to add the feature to be able to show bust portraits in the status menu and extended profile information for our actors? would be great if you could add those in :D
Eventually, yes.

VHStapes

Game Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Full Gauge is what speed is needed to be reached in order for a battler to be able to act. Usually, this is best left at a high number so that there's a bit of meaning in AGI differences. However, if you choose to use a low number, by all means go for it~ Full turns are how many ticks is needed in order for the battle to consider it one "turn". While actors and enemies have their own turn structure, battles too have their own due to events needing to fire off at certain intervals.

I strongly recommend setting the minimum cap to 3000 to 4000 for a Full Gauge. For Full Turns, it's best to balance by taking the Full Gauge number and dividing it by the lowest AGI you'll probably have. In the case of a Full Gauge of 3000, it will be 3 so you'll be looking at ticks of 1000. Should you decide to go with lowest at 10, only 300 ticks would be needed for the best effect.

You'll have to do some test runs to see what's best for your game.
Thank you thank you thank you! That makes a lot of sense. Did you mean "setting the minimum cap from 3000 to 4000" in the bolded sentence above?

Kest

The Ecstasy of Gold
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
How do I hide a skill type from appearing within the Skill scene?

Is this possible using YEP Skill Core?

Here is an example of what I'm attempting:

There are currently two skill types, Martial and Wizardry.

I am using Bobstah Battle Commands to combine them into a single option during battle:

In the skill panel, I am using Moogle's Equip Skills to recreate a custom spellbook from a tabletop RPG:

Now I just need to hide the standard Wizardry skill type option (that first one in the list)

Yanfly

Developer
Reaction score
I don't have any current plugins that accomplish that.

gotnovicks

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
N/A
can you post the error log?
Here's the log:

and here's de notetag:

Code:
<Post-Damage Eval>(a.isLearnedSkill(13) ? a.gainHP(500) : 0)</Post-Damage Eval>

kiriseo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
and here's de notetag:

<Post-Damage Eval>(a.isLearnedSkill(13) ? a.gainHP(500) : 0)</Post-Damage Eval>
I see what's wrong. I've made the same mistake a few hours ago.

There is no gainHP() function, only a gainHp() one. "p" have to be lowercase ;)

I love how javascript is logging clear error messages. "undefined is not a function"  :guffaw:

The fun part is, when I debugged in Firefox, I saw a clear error message in the "e" variable that got caught.

I wrote "setMP(value)", note the wrong uppercase "P" same as yours, and I got "undefined is not a function" on the MV console.

But in Firefox, as I stepped through the code line by line, I saw the error "setMP is not a function".

On the console I got only "undefined is not a function", again.

Nuxill

Ok
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey Yanfly, is there a way to change the text spacing in message core? I know there's not a parameter but I wanted my name box to have a larger font and there's overlap with some of the letters.

Nuxill

Ok
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The word for that is "kerning"
Ah, i forgot the term for it. I can't find a piece in the code that mentions kerning though (and I really don't know where to look...) and typing "javascript kerning" into google brings up stuff for editing web pages. I'm wondering if Yanfly edited the kerning in message core at all

DarknessFalls

Rpg Maker Jesus - JS Dev.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
For your ATB Script, how would you make it so that if en enemy has an AGI of 45 and you have one of 5 the enemy should attack more times then you, because they have a higher AGI.

is there a place to set this? essentially make it so: The one with the highest AGI goes first? I have it set right now to the gauges fill up rather quickly. But with me having 5 and the enemy having 45, it seems I go more time then the enemy or the enemy goes right after me ... 

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
For Status core, I am interested to know if you (or any other takers here) will add:

• Large portraits
  • Extended bio that can change in-game

More easy to answer is if I can remove the parameters from the general page so that it just displays experience-related needs.

Lausen

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey Yanfly, I am really enjoying your CTB battle system. You did an incredible job. I have one quick question regarding it though. When used with the party system plugin, if you switch party formation mid battle the CTB order gets reset. Is there a way to have the characters that are coming in take the place in the order of the person they are replacing?

As it is now the player could easily exploit it so the party has infinite turns. Just switching with formation with the last character. I know I could make it so you have to wait so many turns before you can switch again, but I was really hoping to mirror FFX's battle style as close as possible. 

Radis3D

Just a Devilz
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
excuse me..

why after update CTB to 1.02, it doesn't work?
the icon doesn't appear..

thank you

Neo Soul Gamer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
excuse me..

thank you
Still works fine for me. 

Speaking of icons... Can we not use our own Icon borders/Backgrounds for the CTB? I didn't see an option in the parameters.  

Radis3D

Just a Devilz
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Still works fine for me. 

Speaking of icons... Can we not use our own Icon borders/Backgrounds for the CTB? I didn't see an option in the parameters.
i can't see the icon of actor and enemy like before...

:'(

Yanfly

Developer
Reaction score
Hey Yanfly, is there a way to change the text spacing in message core? I know there's not a parameter but I wanted my name box to have a larger font and there's overlap with some of the letters.

Ah, i forgot the term for it. I can't find a piece in the code that mentions kerning though (and I really don't know where to look...) and typing "javascript kerning" into google brings up stuff for editing web pages. I'm wondering if Yanfly edited the kerning in message core at all
Huh, first time I've seen that issue before. There's no option in the Message Core to change character spacing yet. I'll have to look into this further.

Hey Yanfly I added a new extension for the JP System here's the link

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/51837-jp-levels/?p=512221
Nice, I'll get it added. :D

For your ATB Script, how would you make it so that if en enemy has an AGI of 45 and you have one of 5 the enemy should attack more times then you, because they have a higher AGI.

is there a place to set this? essentially make it so: The one with the highest AGI goes first? I have it set right now to the gauges fill up rather quickly. But with me having 5 and the enemy having 45, it seems I go more time then the enemy or the enemy goes right after me ... 
That should already be the case unless you have altered the speed calculation in the parameters. If you've enabled rubberbanding (which is enabled by default), then there's a minimum speed cap to maintain the battle balance. You should take a look into the parameter's settings to adjust the speed settings.

Hey Yanfly, I am really enjoying your CTB battle system. You did an incredible job. I have one quick question regarding it though. When used with the party system plugin, if you switch party formation mid battle the CTB order gets reset. Is there a way to have the characters that are coming in take the place in the order of the person they are replacing?

As it is now the player could easily exploit it so the party has infinite turns. Just switching with formation with the last character. I know I could make it so you have to wait so many turns before you can switch again, but I was really hoping to mirror FFX's battle style as close as possible. 
Strange, it shouldn't do that. By chance, do you have the CTB placed underneath the Party System plugin in the plugin list? If so, that's the problem. Try placing the CTB above it.

excuse me..

thank you
Whenever you update your plugins, MAKE SURE you open up the plugin in the plugin manager and then press OK to get all the new parameters added up to date. If you don't do that, you don't get any new settings added into it. This updating procedure doesn't apply to just my plugins and applies to all plugin updating in general.

For Status core, I am interested to know if you (or any other takers here) will add:

• Large portraits

More easy to answer is if I can remove the parameters from the general page so that it just displays experience-related needs.

• Large portraits

Eventually for the portraits.

Still works fine for me. 

I'll be eventually adding in options to alter that. I avoided including it in the CTB plugin for now to keep it less bulky.The plugin is already 2k-ish lines of code...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Can't wait for the next Sonichu
Birdhouses are usually made of wood. Birds typically live in trees. Trees are wood. Birdhouses are made of birdhouses.
He just discovered cellphones...

(I don't know why am I drawing so much these days...)
In medieval times, a common way to eat food was upon edible plates, which were made of bread, called trenchers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragnamano