Riff

Eorzean
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
What you've explained is what I'm already aware of. In retrospect, I asked a horrible question. Haha. Let me clarify.

What I would like is for a "Battle Turn" to pass each time a battler's Turn Gauge is full. Meaning, If I have a battle event set to trigger on Turn #4, I want that event to trigger after three battlers (doesn't matter which ones) take their turns. 

In this plugin, Yanfly seperates the two. There are turns for the battle, and turns for actors/enemies. I'm asking if I can merge the two. Setting the values to identical numbers in the parameters doesn't have that effect. At least, for me it doesn't.

My understanding is, setting a value for number of ticks to pass for a Full Turn count means that you can't set a number of battlers to act before something triggers. It'll always be random based on agility.
Fair enough. I havent started using that, I guess that's why i havent thought about it. Haha. Now that you mention it, it will be good to know.

theres no download or page for skill costs items
Not yet. It's scheduled to be released this weekend. Please look forward to it! :)

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
I managed to reproduce it, I think.

Try this exact setup:

I think it's somehow related to Fadeout and Fadein Screen. Weird.
Thanks, managed to replicate the bug and fixed it: http://yanfly.moe/yep/changelog/

Hey Yanfly, the CTB Full Turn Count mechanic is still confusing for myself and others (judging from the feedback so far). Is it possible to make it so that turn counts are based on enemy and actor actions? Meaning each turn executed by an actor or enemy increases the Battle Turn Count by 1?
What you've explained is what I'm already aware of. In retrospect, I asked a horrible question. Haha. Let me clarify.

What I would like is for a "Battle Turn" to pass each time a battler's Turn Gauge is full. Meaning, If I have a battle event set to trigger on Turn #4, I want that event to trigger after three battlers (doesn't matter which ones) take their turns. 

In this plugin, Yanfly seperates the two. There are turns for the battle, and turns for actors/enemies. I'm asking if I can merge the two. Setting the values to identical numbers in the parameters doesn't have that effect. At least, for me it doesn't.

My understanding is, setting a value for number of ticks to pass for a Full Turn count means that you can't set a number of battlers to act before something triggers. It'll always be random based on agility.
I'm actually against doing because it interferes with the turn structure of MV. By making turn counts and such, events and whatnot that would proc once a full team turn would proc every single action. While this may be what you want, this comes with other consequences: regeneration would proc every action for any battler, cooldown timings would go down per battler that takes an action, state turns would drop per battler, and that's just only my plugins alone. Other plugins made by other people would in turn get affected, too, and I'm not going to enable such an option that would cause an issue like that for others.

theres no download or page for skill costs items
It'll be out on this upcoming Saturday~

estriole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesian
based on post here

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/52478-yanfly-message-core-missing-spacing-for-removed-line-breaks-in-item-description/

about message core plugin...

Yanfly, on 08 Dec 2015 - 05:58 AM, said:

Are you talking about if you have something like this:

Text Line1 Stuff
Text Line2 Stuffit will appear like this?

Text Line1 StuffText Line2 Stuffinstead of like this?

Text Line1 Stuff Text Line2 StuffIf so, that's intention and has been that way since the start. This is because not all languages use spaces (such as Japanese, Chinese, Korean) and the wordwrap would cause problems for them otherwise.
how about some plugin parameter to switch between the behavior. i also think that using wordwrap is a hassle because of that issues.

and it break my existing project when i install that plugin and activate wordwrap. and i don't like to edit all the text i've made...... it's a huge work.

also... using plugin parameter to switch between those two behavior will accomodate for both english and non english language user.

so if parameter is set to true:

Text Line1 Stuff

Text Line2 Stuff

will appear like this?

Text Line1 Stuff Text Line2 Stuff

(for english user)

if false

Text Line1 StuffText Line2 Stuff

(for non english user)

and please also make the message work like that too. :D .

not just description only.

i post in that thread too. but maybe it's more noticed here in your 'official' thread for plugin :D .

Last edited by a moderator:

Riff

Eorzean
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Okay. Since the Turn Structure parameter has been removed, let's clarify few things.

Based on my understanding, these are how the 'turns' work. Please correct me whenever I'm wrong.

1) Every tick, each battler's gauge value increases by the Per Tick (user.agi by default) parameter til it hits the Full Gauge value, and this battler will take his/her turn. The gauge value of this battler resets to zero (or to the value set by After ATB/CTB) after this battler finishes his/her turn. This one should be simple and straight-forward.

2) When using Battle A.I. for an enemy, the Turn eval depends on the turn of that individual enemy. Might be irrelevant, but I choose to mention it in case others weren't aware of this.

3) States Auto-removal Timing setting can be divided into 3 'types' - None, Action Start/End and Turn Start/End. These are how the turns timing work for each:

• None - state always active, never ends
  • Action Start/End - state turn count goes down as soon as the affected battler gets his/her turn or after he/she uses it up (determined by the  Full Gauge   and Per Tick parameters) 
  • Turn Start/End - i am unsure of this one, but i believe it's based on the Full Turn parameter? So, once every Full Turn ticks?
My questions are:

1) When do HP/MP/TP Regeneration (via actor/class/enemy/weapon/armor/states trait) proc?

2) How does the Turn Start/End and Full Turn parameter actually work?

3) How does the turn count work for Battle Events (via Troops tab)?

4) Oh, how about warmups/cooldowns?

I hope I don't cause any confusion, especially due to my language. And if I do, I apologise in advanced. I, myself, feel a bit confused and would like to seek clarification. I also hope this can also help others too. :)

- Riff

EDIT: Added question for warmups/cooldowns.

Kest

The Ecstasy of Gold
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
For Skill Cooldowns, how do you prevent them from activating outside of battle?

I imagine it has something to do with <Cooldown Eval>

HeroicJay

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah, I was still wondering about state timing. Turns out that, with the CTB, it's "Action End" that gives me the results I want. That works.

BTW, I find it a little weird that the CTB plugin CLAIMS that the default escape values are 0.5 * (stuff) with a growth of .1 by default, but actually defines the defaults as 0.125 and 0.025.

Radis3D

Just a Devilz
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
if it's in formulae box you can write:

dmg = normal formula; if (b.hp / b.mhp <= 0.25 ) { b.mhp } else { dmg }basically: if it's below 25% HP the skill will deal damage equal to it's max HP (you can use 99999999, an "infinite damage"), else, it'll deal normal damage.
 thank you very much :3

Taemien

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have a question about Item Core. Is there anyway to show a picture for the item using a <image: string> notetag like in the VX Ace version of the plugin?

Something like
aim-06.jpg

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
About the HP/MP/Tp regen issue: I seem to recall some games had it proc at the end of the battler's turn, and some games had it create a new card and go into the queue, and when the card came up, then it proc'd. Could that be a possibility? As in, have a card in the queue that means end of turn, and when that hits, all the default end of turn stuff processes?

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
based on post here

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/52478-yanfly-message-core-missing-spacing-for-removed-line-breaks-in-item-description/

about message core plugin...

Yanfly, on 08 Dec 2015 - 05:58 AM, said:

how about some plugin parameter to switch between the behavior. i also think that using wordwrap is a hassle because of that issues.

and it break my existing project when i install that plugin and activate wordwrap. and i don't like to edit all the text i've made...... it's a huge work.

also... using plugin parameter to switch between those two behavior will accomodate for both english and non english language user.

so if parameter is set to true:

Text Line1 Stuff

Text Line2 Stuff

will appear like this?

Text Line1 Stuff Text Line2 Stuff

(for english user)

if false

Text Line1 StuffText Line2 Stuff

(for non english user)

and please also make the message work like that too. :D .

not just description only.

i post in that thread too. but maybe it's more noticed here in your 'official' thread for plugin :D .
I'll add it later.

Okay. Since the Turn Structure parameter has been removed, let's clarify few things.

Based on my understanding, these are how the 'turns' work. Please correct me whenever I'm wrong.

1) Every tick, each battler's gauge value increases by the Per Tick (user.agi by default) parameter til it hits the Full Gauge value, and this battler will take his/her turn. The gauge value of this battler resets to zero (or to the value set by After ATB/CTB) after this battler finishes his/her turn. This one should be simple and straight-forward.

2) When using Battle A.I. for an enemy, the Turn eval depends on the turn of that individual enemy. Might be irrelevant, but I choose to mention it in case others weren't aware of this.

3) States Auto-removal Timing setting can be divided into 3 'types' - None, Action Start/End and Turn Start/End. These are how the turns timing work for each:

• None - state always active, never ends
  • Action Start/End - state turn count goes down as soon as the affected battler gets his/her turn or after he/she uses it up (determined by the  Full Gauge   and Per Tick parameters) 
  • Turn Start/End - i am unsure of this one, but i believe it's based on the Full Turn parameter? So, once every Full Turn ticks?
My questions are:

1) When do HP/MP/TP Regeneration (via actor/class/enemy/weapon/armor/states trait) proc?

2) How does the Turn Start/End and Full Turn parameter actually work?

3) How does the turn count work for Battle Events (via Troops tab)?

4) Oh, how about warmups/cooldowns?

I hope I don't cause any confusion, especially due to my language. And if I do, I apologise in advanced. I, myself, feel a bit confused and would like to seek clarification. I also hope this can also help others too. :)

- Riff

EDIT: Added question for warmups/cooldowns.
1. That's correct.

2. That's correct.

3. They work as follows:

None - Never automatically removes itself. Must be done through manual means.

Action Start - When a battler starts a valid action, the counter drops by 1.

Action End - When a battler finishes a valid action, the counter drops by 1.

Turn Start - This will go down whenever the battle gains a new turn.

Turn End - If you are using timed states (Battle Engine Core default setting set to true), states with Turn End will have a counter of their own and last (by default setting) 100 ticks x the amount of turns they're set for from the very tick that they were applied on the battler. If not, the turns go down whenever the battle finishes its current turn.

For Skill Cooldowns, how do you prevent them from activating outside of battle?

I imagine it has something to do with <Cooldown Eval>
You'd have to use a Cooldown Eval.

<Cooldown Eval>if (!$gameParty.inBattle()) cooldown = 0;</Cooldown Eval>
I have a question about Item Core. Is there anyway to show a picture for the item using a <image: string> notetag like in the VX Ace version of the plugin?

Something like
aim-06.jpg
Sure, I can add that into an extension plugin later~

About the HP/MP/Tp regen issue: I seem to recall some games had it proc at the end of the battler's turn, and some games had it create a new card and go into the queue, and when the card came up, then it proc'd. Could that be a possibility? As in, have a card in the queue that means end of turn, and when that hits, all the default end of turn stuff processes?
Unfortunately, adding non-battlers into the card list is currently something that isn't applicable with the current CTB. 

Neo Soul Gamer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey Yanfly,

There was a bug that I had referred to earlier that you couldn't reproduce. I've created a brand new project with only your plugins and the necessary notetags. 

What should happen:

As demonstrated in your video for the CTB... When using an instant cast skill, the turn order gauge is supposed to maintain the position of the actor/enemy that is acting. (At the front)

What actually happens:

You'll notice that the Actor using the Instant Cast skill is being shifted one spot back in the Turn Order bar, but is still allowed to act. In this demo, I've set the standard "Attack" as an instant Skill and nothing else.

Here is the link to the project. (minus the /img and /audio folders)

CyndaBytes

Creator and Destroyer of Worlds
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
I am a bit confused. The discussion is rather technical and language does not help.
A question: with these changes how work turns now in the battle events? When is triggered an event?

Neo Soul Gamer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I am a bit confused. The discussion is rather technical and language does not help.

A question: with these changes how work turns now in the battle events? When is triggered an event?
I'd refer back to Riff's post, as Yanfly had already confirmed that his understanding of it is correct. It's hard to break it down any further than that. You set the frequency of Battle Event in the parameters of the plugin. The best way to experiment is with Battle Events. Have a SE or a message show every turn so you can get a feel for Battle Turns.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Hey Yanfly,

There was a bug that I had referred to earlier that you couldn't reproduce. I've created a brand new project with only your plugins and the necessary notetags. 

What should happen:

As demonstrated in your video for the CTB... When using an instant cast skill, the turn order gauge is supposed to maintain the position of the actor/enemy that is acting. (At the front)

What actually happens:

You'll notice that the Actor using the Instant Cast skill is being shifted one spot back in the Turn Order bar, but is still allowed to act. In this demo, I've set the standard "Attack" as an instant Skill and nothing else.

Here is the link to the project. (minus the /img and /audio folders)
Thanks, I'll get it fixed tonight.

A turn is basically a countdown timer. If it's set at 100 ticks, each tick will make it go down by 1 until it hits zero. Once it hits zero, events are triggered and the timer goes back up to 100.

gotnovicks

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
N/A
in Skill Learning, how do I hide a skill from learning if the user has learned skills 30 31,32 or 33?

I though something like...

<Learn Show Eval>value = true;if (user.isSkillLearned(30..33)){value = false;}</Learn Show Eval>

is it right?

Ghost of Christmas Kloe

The Icecream Princess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Tips & Tricks - Blue Magic
Cool! Although I wonder if it's possible to do the same with a state in-stead of a class. I'll see If I can get that working, if so I'll post it here!  BD

Kest

The Ecstasy of Gold
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
in Skill Learning, how do I hide a skill from learning if the user has learned skills 30 31,32 or 33?

<Learn Show Eval>value = true;if (user.isSkillLearned(30..33)){value = false;}</Learn Show Eval>

is it right?
try an "else if"

also there is a symbol that represents OR, but i dont remember it off the top of my head

kiriseo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German

<Learn Show Eval>value = true;

if (user.isSkillLearned(30..33)){

value = false;

}

</Learn Show Eval>

is it right?
user.isSkilledLearned(30..33) wont work.

try this:

<Learn Show Eval>if(user.isSkillLearned(30)|| user.isSkillLearned(31)|| user.isSkillLearned(32)|| user.isSkillLearned(33)) {value = false;} else {value = true;}"||" means OR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Feel free to check out our "Touch the Stars" gamejam submission, "Starlight, Starbright!"
just finished playing one shot. im kinda disappointed with return the sun ending ngl. i was hoping there would be some after credits scene that would play with my emotions
So apparently the surprise Google Search page browser game saves your progress when you close the browser.

This really makes me miss the golden age of Flash gaming.
ohh man im ending oneshot now (im doing the last stepping puzzle rn) and the music is so...sad...like...ive been thinking recently about how fast moments pass and...my anxious thoughts combined with that music and nostalgia...like...im comfortably sad...and want to cry internally
We're playing one of the Touch the Stars game jam entries, come join us!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ananansy