Roguedeus

It's never too late to procrastinate...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I was wondering if anyone might know a way to pre-learn skills for actors with the Skill Learn System plugin?

I've tried assigning the skill to the actor via trait, but that doesn't remove it from the Learn Skill menu. (allowing for accidental repeat learning)

I am hesitant to add a custom Learn Show Eval to every possible skill, so it won't show up at all if the actor already knows it somehow, as its a lot of work for something that might be done simply.

I've scanned the plugin with my javascript-noob-eyes and can only find scene functions for learning, nothing that jumps out at me as usable in a script call at the point an actor joins the party.

So.... If anyone can explain how I might go about simply having an actor already learn a skill (as if they already spent the cost and learned it in menu) that would be great!

(edit: I should note that I realize class level based learning works... But then all actors with that class level would know the skills.)

Also, if I might suggest the addition of Forced Learning? Say, a note-tag for an actor that requires all 'forced' learning to be completed before other non-forced skills can be learned.

Example:

<Required Learn Skill: x>Such a feature would make the need for pre-learning unnecessary... But pre-learning script calls would be a lot less work to implement.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Kest

The Ecstasy of Gold
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I was wondering if anyone might know a way to pre-learn skills for actors with the Skill Learn System plugin?

I've tried assigning the skill to the actor via trait, but that doesn't remove it from the Learn Skill menu. (allowing for accidental repeat learning)
???

Oh, actors. Was gonna say, works fine with classes.

OtnLNd5.png

q8HVCDcl.png

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
For that, wouldn't it be easier to just event an individual character learning the skill?

Roguedeus

It's never too late to procrastinate...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
For that, wouldn't it be easier to just event an individual character learning the skill?
Strange how the most obvious solution was the one I failed to consider... ;)

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Strange how the most obvious solution was the one I failed to consider... ;)
Haha, no worries. I do that sometimes, too. I'd go make rounds on coding something only to find out later from one of my friends that it already exists as a function... |||||

Nelderson

Coding *****
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just a suggestion for down the line...

In game character generator  :D

Shadowban

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Not sure if a bug or not but i'm using ctb and I created a skill that stuns the user for 1 turn but gives the whole party regen and protect for 3 turns, But the user seems to get healed 3-4 times during her stunned turn, while everyone else recovers normally. I take the stun out of the skill and it works fine. Not sure what the problem is :S

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Ideas to use with Actor Variables:

-View Relationships with characters

(On top of that, I wonder if there's a way to hide them until that character has joined your party. I wouldn't want to spoil their relationships with each other although it only really matters with the PC)

-Alignment

Didn't expect you to do something like this. Thought you'd focus more on essential aspects.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Status Menu Core >> Actor Variables

Features and How to Use

This plugin requires the Status Menu Core. Ever wanted to display unique Game Variables into the status menu to portray your actors? Now you can! These variables can come from a global or individual source per actor. Variables listed in the Global Columns found in the parameters will be listed for all actors. Variables defined in the actor noteboxes will be listed for that actor when displayed.

Plugin: http://yanfly.moe/2015/12/10/yep-41-actor-variables/

Instructions

Introduction

This plugin requires YEP_StatusMenuCore.js.
Place this plugin under YEP_StatusMenuCore.js in the Plugin Manager.

This plugin lets you place variables into the Status Menu Core in a unique page for display as actor data. These variables can come from a global or individual source per actor. Variables listed in the Global Columns found in the parameters will be listed for all actors. Variables defined in the actor noteboxes will be listed for that actor when displayed.

If you wish to place the Actor Variables tab in the Status Menu in a specific spot, place ‘Variables’ without the quotes in the Status Menu Core’s Command Order parameter. If it’s not present there, it will automatically order itself in the ‘Custom’ tab.

Notetags

Use the following notetags to display variables in your Status Menu.

Actor Notetags:
<Column x Variables: y>
<Column x Variables: y, y, y>
<Column x Variables: y to z>
This will display in column x (1 through 4) the variable(s) y. If using the y to z notetag, this will display all the variables from y to z.

Variable Icons and Display

To display icons and change the display of your variables, write the name of your variables like text codes in the variable editor.

A variable name like this \i[42]Variable Name will show up with an icon.

However, if you wish to make notes that do not appear, you can place the notes between << and >>. For example:

Hello <<You can’t see me>>World!

will show up as ‘Hello World!’ because of the << and >> markers.

Happy RPG Making!

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Not sure if a bug or not but i'm using ctb and I created a skill that stuns the user for 1 turn but gives the whole party regen and protect for 3 turns, But the user seems to get healed 3-4 times during her stunned turn, while everyone else recovers normally. I take the stun out of the skill and it works fine. Not sure what the problem is :S
This is intended. That's because once an actor is stunned, their speed doesn't increase. Once their speed doesn't increase, they won't normally get turns. If a state were to end based on turns, that actor would be stuck there forever. So when that happens, the actor falls back on a tick-based turn system to allow the state to decay and to have regeneration aspects proceed. Otherwise, the regeneration would not occur during the entire duration of being stunned if it were to end during the state duration. 

What you may have to do is change the settings of your turn duration in order to accomodate your battle speed and tick rates.

FlipelyFlip

The Unown
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Heyey,

I got this strange bug:

When I use the CTB and my Characters should heal after they made a move, there is this one character, where every actor except him heals themself. I didn't changed anything from the default parameters for battlespeed, tick rate etc. Is this intended or not?

~Flipely

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Can you recreate the bug in an empty project for me, upload it online (don't deploy) and link it here?

Knightmare

Knight of the Night
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I found a bug........I think it was a weevil or some other kind of beetle.  I put it in a jar and took him back outside. 

Ok, silliness aside the actor variables script is a great idea to add to the status window, and if I'm not mistaken I don't think you've done a script like this before.  There's a lot of possibilities with it including a deeper stat system.  Nice work Yanfly.  Thanks for this. 

FlipelyFlip

The Unown
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
well okay, I found out it's a bug due to placing the plugins. After moving the CTB a few positions down it works now like a charm :)
thank you for your help yanfly :)

Fox536

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hey yanfly I saw you removed turns from your battle systems so is there anything for making something happen at a certain tick time or something?

Kest

The Ecstasy of Gold
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
please rename 'Lucius' to 'Luscious'

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I do wonder if there may be a feature for hiding some of these actor variables or if someone will come up with it. I've just played around with removing luck and those dark bars so far so I suppose that your coding would be easy for others to modify. This could cause a case of Interface Spoiler if you have all relationship values listed there as presented in your video.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Hey yanfly I saw you removed turns from your battle systems so is there anything for making something happen at a certain tick time or something?
Turns still occur. Events will still occur at timed turn intervals.

I do wonder if there may be a feature for hiding some of these actor variables or if someone will come up with it. I've just played around with removing luck and those dark bars so far so I suppose that your coding would be easy for others to modify. This could cause a case of Interface Spoiler if you have all relationship values listed there as presented in your video.
The newest update will have that~ http://yanfly.moe/2015/12/10/plugin-updates-49/

LuLight

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Hello Yanfly

How can make Variable show in main menu and make it be main variable not actor.

thank you

PS. I want to make game score :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

gotta love when a plugin you thought had nothing to do with why something else wasn't working winds up being the issue...
Doing RPG Maker News for 26th September 2021

Well... it's been a while since I was last here :kaoswt: I don't want to say I'm officially 'back' yet, but I've recently started working with RM again, so I might become active here again :kaohi:
Mmmm I love Coca Cola candy! :kaoluv:
aaaand my power is out. I sometimes think that I'm cursed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
machakimen