Status
Not open for further replies.

Fernyfer775

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hello there. Seems like the current versions of Battle Core (v1.24) + CTB (v1.05) have a small bug. 

There is a lag/pause every time a player's turn is up. It also seems to have a small lag/pause whenever an enemy goes to do an action.

Fox536

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Turns still occur. Events will still occur at timed turn intervals.

The newest update will have that~ http://yanfly.moe/2015/12/10/plugin-updates-49/
Oh ok awesome I guess I don't know what the change did, but that means it probably won't affect anything I do lol, what you don't know can't hurt right lol jk, anyways good work on all the plugins the sheer amount of plugins, and quality of them is always astounding.

Yoshifull

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Little thing with the Battle System - ATB and the Subclasses : When I put on a Subclass, the ATB gauge turns cyan (the same color that shows a slowed-down character). I removed the Subclass and it turned normal again. Is it normal?

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Hello Yanfly

How can make Variable show in main menu and make it be main variable not actor.

thank you

PS. I want to make game score :D
That's not what this plugin does. It's a plugin made specifically for the status menu so it's not going to work without it.

Hello there. Seems like the current versions of Battle Core (v1.24) + CTB (v1.05) have a small bug. 

There is a lag/pause every time a player's turn is up. It also seems to have a small lag/pause whenever an enemy goes to do an action.
Huh, that's strange. I'm not experiencing it. Can you reproduce this in an empty project and upload it online for me?

Oh ok awesome I guess I don't know what the change did, but that means it probably won't affect anything I do lol, what you don't know can't hurt right lol jk, anyways good work on all the plugins the sheer amount of plugins, and quality of them is always astounding.
:D

Little thing with the Battle System - ATB and the Subclasses : When I put on a Subclass, the ATB gauge turns cyan (the same color that shows a slowed-down character). I removed the Subclass and it turned normal again. Is it normal?
Hmmm, it shouldn't. I'll check out what's going on when I get home.

Ghost of Christmas Kloe

The Icecream Princess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello good sir or ma'am, it seems there is no link for the Battle Status plugin?
Haha! I had to have dinner just after checking out the video so I didn't notice LOL.

It's probably just uploading slowly!

EDIT: Links are now up!

Last edited by a moderator:

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Battle Status Window

Features and How to Use

This plugin replaces the default battle status window, which was shown in a row format, to a column-based format that also displays the party’s faces.

Plugin: http://yanfly.moe/2015/12/11/yep-42-battle-status-window/

Instructions

Introduction

This plugin replaces the default battle status window, which was shown in a row format, to a column-based format that also displays the party’s faces.

For frontview users, this plugin also allows you to enable battle animations to be played on top of the actor’s portraits (and showing any damage popups) to give the player a better view of what’s going on in battle.

Happy RPG Making!

Edit

Ghost of Christmas Kloe

The Icecream Princess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
May I ask if it's possible to fix the fact that when using Ellye's ATB, the ATB bars do not appear when using this plugin... Is there a way to fix this?

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
May I ask if it's possible to fix the fact that when using Ellye's ATB, the ATB bars do not appear when using this plugin... Is there a way to fix this?
I haven't tested it out with Ellye's ATB. However, have you tested putting the ATB below this plugin?

Ghost of Christmas Kloe

The Icecream Princess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I haven't tested it out with Ellye's ATB. However, have you tested putting the ATB below this plugin?
Yes, the same result occurs. I originally had it below this and then I switched and still the same results

Black Noise

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Finally! Thanks Yanfly.

However you said that Battle Animations would play over the Status window but so far I haven't seen any happening.

Did I miss anything?

Kest

The Ecstasy of Gold
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I've been looking forward to this one! Hopefully it supports more than four actors!

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Finally! Thanks Yanfly.

However you said that Battle Animations would play over the Status window but so far I haven't seen any happening.

Did I miss anything?
They do. They appear above the actor's portraits.

I've been looking forward to this one! Hopefully it supports more than four actors!
It adjusts itself according to whatever is the number of actors in your party. :)

Neo Soul Gamer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
They do. They appear above the actor's portraits.
This may be a problem for anyone who has multiple enemies on the screen. Larger enemies would be a problem as well. Is it possible to include an option for adjust the Y values of the battle animations on the party? Maybe in a future update? That way we can set it to appear above the status menu, or directly over the players faces (as some developers would prefer).

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
This may be a problem for anyone who has multiple enemies on the screen. Larger enemies would be a problem as well. Is it possible to include an option for adjust the Y values of the battle animations on the party? Maybe in a future update? That way we can set it to appear above the status menu, or directly over the players faces (as some developers would prefer).
Qqhdg0o.jpg

dayhjawk

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I am using a front battle system, the new battle status window, when I turn on the animations to effect my party they aren't showing up near the windows. When I turn this off, they dont' show up at all. They are appearing near actors like it's a sideview battle system, instead of the windows. Talking about animations showing up on protrait not sprites.

wrigty12

Just a QAer playing with Javascript
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hey, so I have a question regarding the Action Sequences.

Is it possible to hide all HUD except the battle log? I'd like to hide the Character Status window, but still show the attack name through the attack.

HeroicJay

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My two cents:

Another strength of this for front-view battles that you didn't mention is that your enemies tend to be arranged in a horizontal row, so it makes more sense for your own characters also to be arranged horizontally.

That said, I actually think, for side view battles, that having them in a vertical list makes more sense (since, at least by default, that's how your characters are arranged on the field.) But wait, you say, not enough room for faces?

There is enough room for icons! (In fact, I rigged my own game to use actor icons in multiple contexts - including the battle menu - some time ago. That's why my dualtech script looks for game_actor.icon - it already existed in my own project.)

zerobeat032

Cloaked Wanderer...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm getting the following error when i use the Battle Status Window... I'm not sure what's causing it. I turned off all my plugins but Battle Engine, CTB, and the window and it worked... but with the other stuff on, I can't seem to narrow it down.

syntax.PNG

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
I am using a front battle system, the new battle status window, when I turn on the animations to effect my party they aren't showing up near the windows. When I turn this off, they dont' show up at all. They are appearing near actors like it's a sideview battle system, instead of the windows. Talking about animations showing up on protrait not sprites.
You most likely have another plugin conflicting with it. If you can reproduce this problem in an empty project with nothing but the Battle Status Window, please upload it online, link it here, and I'll fix it.

Hey, so I have a question regarding the Action Sequences.

Is it possible to hide all HUD except the battle log? I'd like to hide the Character Status window, but still show the attack name through the attack.
The Battlelog is attached to the Window Layer so unfortunately no.

My two cents:

Another strength of this for front-view battles that you didn't mention is that your enemies tend to be arranged in a horizontal row, so it makes more sense for your own characters also to be arranged horizontally.

That said, I actually think, for side view battles, that having them in a vertical list makes more sense (since, at least by default, that's how your characters are arranged on the field.) But wait, you say, not enough room for faces?

There is enough room for icons! (In fact, I rigged my own game to use actor icons in multiple contexts - including the battle menu - some time ago. That's why my dualtech script looks for game_actor.icon - it already existed in my own project.)
I've considered using icons, but even then, they're a bit small for singular rows. x_x

I'm getting the following error when i use the Battle Status Window... I'm not sure what's causing it. I turned off all my plugins but Battle Engine, CTB, and the window and it worked... but with the other stuff on, I can't seem to narrow it down.
Yes, I've been alerted of this error. Try this: http://yanfly.moe/plugins/en/YEP_BattleEngineCore.js

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

BCj
Working on Escalia again, feels good. Have this overwhelming urge to map as well, but need to get some extra tiles commissioned first :D
Lee Sang wrote on Bandito's profile.
Hi, I've just tried your plugin "Game is Active" and when I tested it on Android, it gave me an error, something about "Cannot read property 'underfined' of underfined.
With my project, I want the player to have access to all the tools they need to get from New Game to Credits as soon as possible; I want the player's progress to only be impeded by the player not knowing how to use the tools the game provides.
Just a little close up shot...
w2xZocX.jpg
finally drew the last member of "team outcast" for my game. since my game has a lot fighting game elements in it, there's bosses in teams of three like King of Fighters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
galaxzee