Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Qqhdg0o.jpg
Well then... If that's not a derp moment, I don't know what is. So sorry about that. I assumed that parameter was only for Sideview battlers before I got a chance to test it. Thanks!

zerobeat032

Cloaked Wanderer...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
thanks a lot Yanfly! everything seems to be working now.

Yoshifull

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Any luck with the ATB and the Subclass displaying the Slow color instead of the normal one?

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For some reason, it looks like this on my end.

sideview.png

Rexxon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Just a question for Yanfly.

Would it be possible to add a option for your Victory Aftermath to adjust the text size to accommodate a six person party, so that the fields don't overlap?

I only ask because your new battle hud window supports six people beautifully, and if I could get the victory aftermath to look correct with six people, that would make me a very happy person.

No rush or anything, of course. Thank you so much for your time.

Ilan14

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Speaking of Victory Aftermath, Yanfly: Are you planning to update the plugin with the rest of the VX Ace version features, like for example, the party's victory quotes?

wrigty12

Just a QAer playing with Javascript
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
One more question: I'm looking for a way to make an equip have very good effects for the actor, but halves all battle stats (atk, def, etc). I am trying to use the Lunatic mode tag for Custom Parameters on the equip, but I cannot get it to divide itself by 2... (atk = atk / 2; does not work)

How would I properly go about doing this?

Kest

The Ecstasy of Gold
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Still having problems with turns in CTB... battle events are not cycling properly, firing at the wrong times or not at all   :stare:

All I'm looking for is something to replicate tabletop RPG initiative order, where

1. battlers use AGI at start of battle to determine their order
  2. battlers act immediately when their count comes up
  3. 1 turn means all battlers have acted, count returns to top of list
as it is CTB does #2 great, seems to do #1 alright, and then absolutely drops the ball when it comes to #3. nothing ive tried reliably ends a turn after battlers have acted for all party/enemy sizes. here are my current settings for reference

Code:
"---CTB Settings---":"","Per Tick":"user.agi","Initial Speed":"0","Full Gauge":"800","Pre-Emptive Bonuses":"0.8","Surprise Bonuses":"0.8","---Escape---":"","Escape Ratio":"0.125 * $gameParty.agility() / $gameTroop.agility()","Fail Escape Boost":"0.025","---Turn---":"","Full Turn":"100","---Rubberband---":"","Enable Rubberband":"true","Minimum Speed":"0.5 * BattleManager.highestBaseAgi()","Maximum Speed":"1.5 * BattleManager.highestBaseAgi()"

Last edited by a moderator:

dayhjawk

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

dayhjawk

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Looking into that plugin as we speak.

also, when I move the animations lower more over the protraits, the popup text/numbers are always in the very back. Anyway to move them move to the front/over the protraits?

Neo Soul Gamer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Still having problems with turns in CTB... battle events are not cycling properly, firing at the wrong times or not at all   :stare:

All I'm looking for is something to replicate tabletop RPG initiative order, where

1. battlers use AGI at start of battle to determine their order
  2. battlers act immediately when their count comes up
  3. 1 turn means all battlers have acted, count returns to top of list
as it is CTB does #2 great, seems to do #1 alright, and then absolutely drops the ball when it comes to #3. nothing ive tried reliably ends a turn after battlers have acted for all party/enemy sizes. here are my current settings for reference

"---CTB Settings---":"","Per Tick":"user.agi","Initial Speed":"0","Full Gauge":"800","Pre-Emptive Bonuses":"0.8","Surprise Bonuses":"0.8","---Escape---":"","Escape Ratio":"0.125 * $gameParty.agility() / $gameTroop.agility()","Fail Escape Boost":"0.025","---Turn---":"","Full Turn":"100","---Rubberband---":"","Enable Rubberband":"true","Minimum Speed":"0.5 * BattleManager.highestBaseAgi()","Maximum Speed":"1.5 * BattleManager.highestBaseAgi()"
I don't think it's wise to do it this way. I brought this up to Yanfly earlier and he brought up a good point. What if you have an actor who gets two turns before say, 3 of your enemies? With an average sized party, you'd be looking at battle events being called way faster. I believe that's why Yanfly chose to leave out the feature you've described in #3.

One more question: I'm looking for a way to make an equip have very good effects for the actor, but halves all battle stats (atk, def, etc). I am trying to use the Lunatic mode tag for Custom Parameters on the equip, but I cannot get it to divide itself by 2... (atk = atk / 2; does not work)

How would I properly go about doing this?
Atk = atk / 2 means you're just trying to divide the "Weapon's" Atk by two, not the actor equipping it. Refer to Yanfly's "hestia knife" tips & tricks video. I can't remember the exact function, but the notetags shown in that video will help you refer to an actor's parameter. I think it's user.Param(x), where x refers to the parameter you want to effect. 

Looking into that plugin as we speak.

also, when I move the animations lower more over the protraits, the popup text/numbers are always in the very back. Anyway to move them move to the front/over the protraits?
Maybe change the animation base delay parameter in Battle Engine core? You may be able to stop the animations from overlapping and have them execute one after another.

Ilan14

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Speaking of Victory Aftermath, Yanfly: Are you planning to update the plugin with the rest of the VX Ace version features, like for example, the party's victory quotes?

dayhjawk

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Tried the delay in battle engine core. Isn't working. When I use lets say a healing potion. The healing # is always in the back under the actor's window. Same for when they take damage, and everything else. 

Jrrkein

Insert Witty Title Here
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
IS there an active link to skill cost items because I got 404 when trying to view it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Phew! logged back. Seems I was too occupied with 3D learning (yeah for RPGM purposes) creating IRL space, trying to grow catnip, dealing with health and DC is good. (so MrC) ^^
Currently trying to add items in the same style as Kyrise's excellent icons. I like having a large variety of items :3 KyriseandMe.PNG
Create MiniMaps, Sprites for MV Enemies, & Aethereal Plane Battlebacks | RPG Maker News #74

Vtubers Vs MOTHER.png

This might be my next project. You like it?
I'm off to search the master script list for my skill issue. HOORAY! FUN!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zakariadu78