Ghost of Christmas Kloe

The Icecream Princess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
IS there an active link to skill cost items because I got 404 when trying to view it?
If you had been actually been keeping up with the Plugin Polls, you would know that it's not released yet. Although when it is, it will be AMAZING! The plugin poll when Yanfly chose it was about 2 weeks ago so it will probably be out this weekend!  :D

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Just a question for Yanfly.

Would it be possible to add a option for your Victory Aftermath to adjust the text size to accommodate a six person party, so that the fields don't overlap?

I only ask because your new battle hud window supports six people beautifully, and if I could get the victory aftermath to look correct with six people, that would make me a very happy person.

No rush or anything, of course. Thank you so much for your time.
Sure, I can add that.

Speaking of Victory Aftermath, Yanfly: Are you planning to update the plugin with the rest of the VX Ace version features, like for example, the party's victory quotes?
Eventually yes. 

One more question: I'm looking for a way to make an equip have very good effects for the actor, but halves all battle stats (atk, def, etc). I am trying to use the Lunatic mode tag for Custom Parameters on the equip, but I cannot get it to divide itself by 2... (atk = atk / 2; does not work)

How would I properly go about doing this?
You'll want to follow the way it's done here for the Hestia Knife.

Still having problems with turns in CTB... battle events are not cycling properly, firing at the wrong times or not at all   :stare:

All I'm looking for is something to replicate tabletop RPG initiative order, where

1. battlers use AGI at start of battle to determine their order
  2. battlers act immediately when their count comes up
  3. 1 turn means all battlers have acted, count returns to top of list
as it is CTB does #2 great, seems to do #1 alright, and then absolutely drops the ball when it comes to #3. nothing ive tried reliably ends a turn after battlers have acted for all party/enemy sizes. here are my current settings for reference

"---CTB Settings---":"","Per Tick":"user.agi","Initial Speed":"0","Full Gauge":"800","Pre-Emptive Bonuses":"0.8","Surprise Bonuses":"0.8","---Escape---":"","Escape Ratio":"0.125 * $gameParty.agility() / $gameTroop.agility()","Fail Escape Boost":"0.025","---Turn---":"","Full Turn":"100","---Rubberband---":"","Enable Rubberband":"true","Minimum Speed":"0.5 * BattleManager.highestBaseAgi()","Maximum Speed":"1.5 * BattleManager.highestBaseAgi()"
At this point, you're probably going to want to adjust the AGI of your units. If I recall correctly, you're using some very small numbers. Smaller numbers are much harder to balance than larger numbers because a small change in variance impacts the speed of a unit greatly.

Assuming on the battlefield, you have AGI with 5, 6, 7.

7 AGI will be the fastest unit obviously. However, 7 is 16% faster than the unit with AGI 6 while 40% faster than the unit with AGI 5. 5 AGI will be the slowest unit. Slower than 6 by 16% and slower than 7 by 40%. With a range of just 2 AGI difference, you have 40% fluctuation.

On the other hand, if you use AGI speeds with 25, 26, 27, their order is still the same. However, 27 AGI is only 8% faster than 25 while only 3% faster than 26. On the other hand, 25 AGI is only 8% slower. With the same range of 2 AGI difference, the fluctuation is cut from 40% to 8%.

Tried the delay in battle engine core. Isn't working. When I use lets say a healing potion. The healing # is always in the back under the actor's window. Same for when they take damage, and everything else. 
I have no idea what you're talking about. Elaborate?

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
I assume he means the damage pop-ups are appearing on the layer below the actor battle status window.
If that's the case, then yes, this is supposed to happen as per MV's code. The popups are tied to the sprite layer. The battle status is tied to the window layer. These layers are separate and the window layer is always on top of the sprite layer.

The first image I posted has a working image.

Okay, fine I don't know why it was being such a problem but this was what I wanted to show you Yanfly.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5nva6eyowif2bq7/sideview.png?dl=0
You most likely have conflicting plugins. If you can recreate this problem in an empty project with nothing but the Battle Status Window plugin, upload it online for me.

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If that's the case, then yes, this is supposed to happen as per MV's code. The popups are tied to the sprite layer. The battle status is tied to the window layer. These layers are separate and the window layer is always on top of the sprite layer.

You most likely have conflicting plugins. If you can recreate this problem in an empty project with nothing but the Battle Status Window plugin, upload it online for me.
The only battle related plugins I have are the ones from Yanfly.moe

dayhjawk

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yes, the damage pop-ups are appearing on the layer below the actor battle status window, ie undernearth everything.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Skill Core >> Skill Cost Items

Features and How to Use

This plugin requires Skill Core. Now you can set costs for skills using items. The item costs will appear next to the other skill costs displaying the icons of the items needed and the amount of the items to be used. Item costs using this plugin can be altered by set and percentile amounts in addition to being replaced altogether by a substitute item.

Plugin: http://yanfly.moe/2015/12/12/yep-43-skill-cost-items/

Instructions

Introduction

This plugin requires YEP_SkillCore.
Make sure this plugin is located under YEP_SkillCore in the plugin list.

This plugin enables you to be able to set costs for skills using items. The item costs will appear next to the other skill costs displaying the icons of the items needed and the amount of the items to be used. Item costs using this plugin can be altered by set and percentile amounts in addition to being replaced altogether by a substitute item.

Notetags

To enable skills to utilize items as costs, use the following notetags:

Skill Notetags:
<Item x Cost: y>
<Weapon x Cost: y>
<Armor x Cost: y>
This will set the cost of the item, weapon, or armor x to require y of it before it can be used. If you are using YEP_ItemCore, independent items cannot be used as item costs as the game will not distinguish which of the independent items is fit to be used. If you use multiple of these tags, the skill will require all the listed items to be available for usage.

<Item Cost: x Potion>
<Item Cost: x Sword>
<Item Cost: x Feather Cap>
If you prefer to use the names of the items instead, you can use the above notetag. This will make the skill require x amount of the named item, weapon, or armor. If you have multiple items with the same name, this notetag will give priority to the highest ID value in the order of items, weapons, then armors. If you are using YEP_ItemCore, independent items cannot be used as item costs as the game will not distinguish which of the independent items is fit to be used. If you use multiple of these tags, the skill will require all the listed items to be available for usage.

Class, Weapon, Armor, State Notetags:
<Swap Gauge x: Item y>
<Swap Gauge x: Weapon y>
<Swap Gauge x: Armor y>
Swaps out gauge x to display how much of item, weapon, or armor y the player/party has. Priority is given in the following order: Weapons, Armors, States, Class, Enemy

<Swap Gauge x: Item Potion>
<Swap Gauge x: Item Sword>
<Swap Gauge x: Item Feather Cap>
If you prefer to use the names of the items instead, you can use the above notetag. This will swap out gauge x to display how much of the mentioned item, weapon, or armor the player/party has. If you have multiple items with the same name, this notetag will give priority to the highest ID value in the order of items, weapons, then armors. Priority for the displayed gauge will be given in the following order: Weapons, Armors, States, Class, Enemy.

Actor, Class, Weapon, Armor, and State Notetags:
<Item x Cost: +y>
<Item x Cost: -y>
<Weapon x Cost: +y>
<Weapon x Cost: -y>
<Armor x Cost: +y>
<Armor x Cost: -y>
Increases or decreases the cost of item, weapon, or armor x when required by a value of y. If the item, weapon, or armor isn’t required, then this effect does not apply to the skill cost.

<Item Cost: +x Potion>
<Item Cost: -x Sword>
<Item Cost: +x Feather Cap>
If you prefer to use the names of the items instead, you can use the above notetag format. This will increase or decrease the mentioned item by x amount as long as the item is required as a cost. If you have multiple items with the same name, this notetag will give priority to the highest ID value in the order of items, weapons, then armors.

<Item x Cost: y%>
<Weapon x Cost: y%>
<Armor x Cost: y%>
Alters the cost of item, weapon, or armor x by y%. If the item, weapon, or armor isn’t required, then this effect does not apply to the skill cost.

<Item Cost: x% Potion>
<Item Cost: x% Sword>
<Item Cost: x% Feather Cap>
If you prefer to use the names of the items instead, you can use the above notetag format. This will adjust the cost rate of the mentioned item by x% as long as the item is required as a cost. If you have multiple items with the same name, this notetag will give priority to the highest ID value in the order of items, weapons, then armors.

<Replace Type x Cost: Type y>
Replace ‘type’ with either ‘item’, ‘weapon’, or ‘armor’. This lets you exchange the costs used for a particular item for another (item y). The replacement is given priority to states, weapons, armors, class, and then actors.

<Replace Potion Cost: Ether>
<Replace Sword Cost: Dagger>
<Replace Feather Cap Cost: Bandana>
If you prefer to use the names of the items instead, you can use the above notetag format. This lets you exchange the costs used for a particular item for another. The replacement is given priority to states, weapons, armors, class, and then actors. If you have multiple items with the same name, this notetag will give priority to the highest ID value in the order of items, weapons, then armors.

Item, Weapon, Armor Notetags:
<Item Gauge Color 1: x>
<Item Gauge Color 2: x>
If this item is the item used as gauge display, you can have it produce a unique color using text color x.

<Item Gauge Text: x>
If this item is the item used as gauge display, you can have it show a different text other than its name. Replace x with what you want to write.

<Item Gauge Text Color: x>
If you wish to use a text color other than the one predefined in the plugin’s parameters, use this notetag and replace x with the text color you wish to label the gauge with.

Lunatic Mode – Custom Item Costs

For those with a bit of JavaScript knowledge, you can create dynamic item costs for your skills using the following notetags:

Skill Notetags:

<Custom Type x Cost>
cost = user.level;
</Custom Type x Cost>
Replace ‘type’ with either ‘item’, ‘weapon’, or ‘armor’ to change the type and x as the ID of that item type. The ‘cost’ variable determines how much of the required item type is needed as the cost.

<Custom Item Cost: name>
cost = user.level;
</Custom Item Cost: name>
For those who prefer to use names instead, replace ‘name’ with the name of the item to be used as the cost. The ‘cost’ variable determines how much of the named item is needed as the cost. If you have multiple items in your database with the same name, priority will be given to the item with the highest ID in the order of items, weapons, and armors.

Happy RPG Making!

Myst Desdemona

The Snark Knight
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English/Swedish
Hey Yanfly!

I just updated all your plugins, like ten minutes ago, and when I tested a battle, the aftermath did not show any text whatsoever.

The only thing I changed is the game's resolution. Is there a specific something I can check?

The plugins are as usual, in the order you specified yourself and I didn't add any more plugins.

Moe_Lester13

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hi Yanfly, 

Wondering if in the future you were going to look at tweaking your Subclass Plugin so that abilities not belonging to our equipped Class/Subclass are not displayed in the menu/battle menu.

Keep up the amazing work, these are all fantastic  :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Ghost of Christmas Kloe

The Icecream Princess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm sorta curious about something... Is it possible to use Gold as an item cost? Like with Lunatic mode or something?

Lear

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Is it possible to use Lunatic Mode with Skill Cost Items to simulate the Pokémon's PP system? (example: Each skill has a set amount of times you can use it, until you are healed at an Inn or use an item to replenish your skills Power Points.)

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Hey Yanfly!

I just updated all your plugins, like ten minutes ago, and when I tested a battle, the aftermath did not show any text whatsoever.

The only thing I changed is the game's resolution. Is there a specific something I can check?

The plugins are as usual, in the order you specified yourself and I didn't add any more plugins.
You have to follow the updating procedures of opening and closing a plugin in the plugin manager. This is because a new parameter has been added.

Hi Yanfly, 

Wondering if in the future you were going to look at tweaking your Subclass Plugin so that abilities not belonging to our equipped Class/Subclass are not displayed in the menu/battle menu.

Keep up the amazing work, these are all fantastic  :D
I'll quote something from this post here: http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/48860-yep-yanfly-engine-plugins-newest-skill-cost-items-plugin-count-43/?p=512773

Under the pretense that you aren't using Class Change Core or any plugins for that matter, should you learn a skill with a matching skill type, switch over to another class via MV's event editor that also uses that skill type, the skill is retained there and isn't removed. If you don't want this to happen and make certain skills exclusive to certain classes, you'll have to make unique skill types for them.

I'm sorta curious about something... Is it possible to use Gold as an item cost? Like with Lunatic mode or something?
You could with Lunatic Mode. I intend to add this as an extension plugin for the future to expand upon its usability more.

Is it possible to use Lunatic Mode with Skill Cost Items to simulate the Pokémon's PP system? (example: Each skill has a set amount of times you can use it, until you are healed at an Inn or use an item to replenish your skills Power Points.)
I wouldn't recommend it. The Limited Skill Uses plugin I have in the plugin poll will simulate the PP system.

Ghost of Christmas Kloe

The Icecream Princess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Well, in the plugin poll there is a plugin meant to do just that!

Oops, as writing I was Ninja'd by Yanfly!

Myst Desdemona

The Snark Knight
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English/Swedish
oops.

Thank you for the clarification. It's working fine now :)

Kest

The Ecstasy of Gold
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
At this point, you're probably going to want to adjust the AGI of your units. If I recall correctly, you're using some very small numbers. Smaller numbers are much harder to balance than larger numbers because a small change in variance impacts the speed of a unit greatly.

Assuming on the battlefield, you have AGI with 5, 6, 7.

7 AGI will be the fastest unit obviously. However, 7 is 16% faster than the unit with AGI 6 while 40% faster than the unit with AGI 5. 5 AGI will be the slowest unit. Slower than 6 by 16% and slower than 7 by 40%. With a range of just 2 AGI difference, you have 40% fluctuation.

On the other hand, if you use AGI speeds with 25, 26, 27, their order is still the same. However, 27 AGI is only 8% faster than 25 while only 3% faster than 26. On the other hand, 25 AGI is only 8% slower. With the same range of 2 AGI difference, the fluctuation is cut from 40% to 8%.
Does MV use agi for anything else besides determining turn order?

Like with the amount of grief CTB is giving I'd just rather use DTB if it also had

• order based on AGI
  • immediate actions
  • the ctb turn order bar

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I've been working on something on and off for a few years now, and I've been reluctant to share any details on the project before I had anything playable because I did not want to generate hype only for the project to go back on hiatus. That being said I believe what I'm working on is very unique and pushes the boundaries of what RPG Maker projects can be. Bold claims, I know but just wait.
Happy Mother's Day to all the moms :)
Create Anime Art w/ AI, Tall Sprites with Aurora, Customize Variable Display | RPG Maker News #34

[My favorite slow moving track I've made so far]
dd_airport2.jpgdd_combat.jpg
dd_town.jpg
I did an experiment to try to solve the art style problem between RTP and 3D models.
But, it feels this grimdark world is going to end even faster. :kaoswt2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kono