Not open for further replies.

Myst Desdemona

The Snark Knight
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English/Swedish
I have sort of a noob question.

Is there a way to make a scaling elemental resistance or weakness?

I'm using your "hestia knife" as a template. I'm think though that instead of a stat, an element could be resisted more and more until it tips under 0% in which case you will absorb the damage instead of taking any at all.

<Custom Parameters>

def = user.paramBase(3)* 0.05 + user.level;

</Custom Parameters>

I'm using this one for a shield, hence the def parameter.

Thanks in advance :)

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Does MV use agi for anything else besides determining turn order?

Like with the amount of grief CTB is giving I'd just rather use DTB if it also had

• order based on AGI
  • immediate actions
  • the ctb turn order bar
AGI isn't use used for anything else except speed.

I have sort of a noob question.

Is there a way to make a scaling elemental resistance or weakness?

I'm using your "hestia knife" as a template. I'm think though that instead of a stat, an element could be resisted more and more until it tips under 0% in which case you will absorb the damage instead of taking any at all.

<Custom Parameters>

def = user.paramBase(3)* 0.05 + user.level;

</Custom Parameters>

I'm using this one for a shield, hence the def parameter.

Thanks in advance :)
As far as that is concerned, there's nothing I've made that would allow to do that yet.

Neo Soul Gamer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Going back to another member's issue mention earlier today... Is there a way to raise the Z layer of the popups so that they appear over the Battle Status?

gRaViJa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, in the plugin poll there is a plugin meant to do just that!

Oops, as writing I was Ninja'd by Yanfly!
I need this so bad for my game! Off to the poll!

Fox536

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hey Yanfly I don't know if you are worried about conflicts or not but I did find a conflict with Bobstah Commands Plugin. I added some code to fix the issue, I'll post it in case you want it.

Game_Battler.prototype.ctbTicksToReady = function() { var goal = BattleManager.ctbTarget(); if (this.isCTBCharging()) goal += this.ctbChargeDestination(); goal -= this.ctbSpeed(); goal -= (this.isCTBCharging()) ? this.ctbCharge() : 0; var rate = this.ctbSpeedTick(); if (this.ctbTicksToReadyActionCheck()) { var item = this.ctbTicksToReadyActionCheck(); // Edits if (item) { if (item.speed < 0) goal -= item.speed; } // End Edits } return goal / Math.max(1, rate);};Game_Battler.prototype.ctbTicksToReadyActionCheck = function() { if (!BattleManager.isInputting()) return false; if (BattleManager.actor() !== this) return false; var scene = SceneManager._scene; if (scene._skillWindow.active) { if (this._skillWindowIndex === scene._skillWindow.index()) { return this._skillWindowItem; } this._skillWindowIndex = scene._skillWindow.index(); this._skillWindowItem = scene._skillWindow.item(); return this._skillWindowItem; } else if (scene._itemWindow.active) { if (this._itemWindowIndex === scene._itemWindow.index()) { return this._itemWindowItem; } this._itemWindowIndex = scene._itemWindow.index(); this._itemWindowItem = scene._itemWindow.item() return this._itemWindowItem; } else if (scene._actorCommandWindow.active) { if (this._commandWindowIndex === scene._actorCommandWindow.index()) { return this._commandWindowItem; } var win = scene._actorCommandWindow; var symbol = win.currentSymbol(); this._commandWindowIndex = win.index(); if (symbol === 'attack') { this._commandWindowItem = $dataSkills[this.attackSkillId()]; return this._commandWindowItem; } else if (symbol === 'guard') { this._commandWindowItem = $dataSkills[this.guardSkillId()]; return this._commandWindowItem; // Edits } else if (symbol === 'customSkill') { this._commandWindowItem = SceneManager._scene._actorCommandWindow._list[SceneManager._scene._actorCommandWindow.index()].ext return this._commandWindowItem; // End Edits } } if (!this.currentAction()) return false; return this.currentAction().item();};
all it does is add a catch for Bobstahs Custom Commands that are skills on the Actor Command Window. Like I said I'm not sure your worried about it, but I'm using both so I figured someone else might be too.

Nevermind, I should have known it would already of been patched, lol sorry bout that. the Updated version already catches the issue. Like always your way ahead of me lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll link it as an add on from the 

Going back to another member's issue mention earlier today... Is there a way to raise the Z layer of the popups so that they appear over the Battle Status?
The layer of the popups is the sprite layer itself.

Hey Yanfly I don't know if you are worried about conflicts or not but I did find a conflict with Bobstah Commands Plugin. I added some code to fix the issue, I'll post it in case you want it.

Game_Battler.prototype.ctbTicksToReady = function() { var goal = BattleManager.ctbTarget(); if (this.isCTBCharging()) goal += this.ctbChargeDestination(); goal -= this.ctbSpeed(); goal -= (this.isCTBCharging()) ? this.ctbCharge() : 0; var rate = this.ctbSpeedTick(); if (this.ctbTicksToReadyActionCheck()) { var item = this.ctbTicksToReadyActionCheck(); // Edits if (item) { if (item.speed < 0) goal -= item.speed; } // End Edits } return goal / Math.max(1, rate);};Game_Battler.prototype.ctbTicksToReadyActionCheck = function() { if (!BattleManager.isInputting()) return false; if (BattleManager.actor() !== this) return false; var scene = SceneManager._scene; if (scene._skillWindow.active) { if (this._skillWindowIndex === scene._skillWindow.index()) { return this._skillWindowItem; } this._skillWindowIndex = scene._skillWindow.index(); this._skillWindowItem = scene._skillWindow.item(); return this._skillWindowItem; } else if (scene._itemWindow.active) { if (this._itemWindowIndex === scene._itemWindow.index()) { return this._itemWindowItem; } this._itemWindowIndex = scene._itemWindow.index(); this._itemWindowItem = scene._itemWindow.item() return this._itemWindowItem; } else if (scene._actorCommandWindow.active) { if (this._commandWindowIndex === scene._actorCommandWindow.index()) { return this._commandWindowItem; } var win = scene._actorCommandWindow; var symbol = win.currentSymbol(); this._commandWindowIndex = win.index(); if (symbol === 'attack') { this._commandWindowItem = $dataSkills[this.attackSkillId()]; return this._commandWindowItem; } else if (symbol === 'guard') { this._commandWindowItem = $dataSkills[this.guardSkillId()]; return this._commandWindowItem; // Edits } else if (symbol === 'customSkill') { this._commandWindowItem = SceneManager._scene._actorCommandWindow._list[SceneManager._scene._actorCommandWindow.index()].ext return this._commandWindowItem; // End Edits } } if (!this.currentAction()) return false; return this.currentAction().item();};
all it does is add a catch for Bobstahs Custom Commands that are skills on the Actor Command Window. Like I said I'm not sure your worried about it, but I'm using both so I figured someone else might be too.
Thanks, I'll link to this on the CTB page if you'd like to make a patch plugin for it.

Fox536

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Thanks, I'll link to this on the CTB page if you'd like to make a patch plugin for it.
I can, the first method was already fixed by your latest CTB update, I can make the second one into a patch though if you'd like. But I'm not sure that it's needed though since after updating to your the newest version, It doesn't crash any more. It was a weird issue too, it only crashed when you selected a skill, then went back to the Actor Command Window, I had no clue what was going on for a while lol. Anyways thanks as always your the best.

Rexxon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I would like to thank Yanfly for updating the Victory Aftermath, the text re-sizing works great. However, I did notice the bars were still in the same place, which meant there was still overlap. Any way you could consider an option to either be able to manually adjust the bars, or have the bars auto-adjust based on the text size?

Also, weirdly enough, when I play the demo and go into battle, when I target and attack the 'Slime A' of the four slime battle, their HP gauge does not pop up. Does anyone else have this problem?

Thank you so much for your help, Yanfly. I am very grateful for all that you do.

Neo Soul Gamer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey Yanfly,

The functions of your Item Upgrade Slots... Can those same effects be run through an eval? Going back to your Stat Upgrade Tips & Tricks video, I'm curious as to whether or not I can do things like raise/add a boost count, change the base name, or add a prefix to a weapon when a skill is learned.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
I would like to thank Yanfly for updating the Victory Aftermath, the text re-sizing works great. However, I did notice the bars were still in the same place, which meant there was still overlap. Any way you could consider an option to either be able to manually adjust the bars, or have the bars auto-adjust based on the text size?

Also, weirdly enough, when I play the demo and go into battle, when I target and attack the 'Slime A' of the four slime battle, their HP gauge does not pop up. Does anyone else have this problem?

Thank you so much for your help, Yanfly. I am very grateful for all that you do.
The bars are adjusted based on the lineheight. I guess I can tune them together.http://yanfly.moe/plugins/en/YEP_VictoryAftermath.js

Hey Yanfly,

The functions of your Item Upgrade Slots... Can those same effects be run through an eval? Going back to your Stat Upgrade Tips & Tricks video, I'm curious as to whether or not I can do things like raise/add a boost count, change the base name, or add a prefix to a weapon when a skill is learned.
Unfortunately no. Actors and weapons use different functions so it doesn't work the same way.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Battle Engine Core >> Animated Sideview Enemies

Features and How to Use

This plugin requires Battle Engine Core. This extension plugin allows you to animate enemies in a number of ways, from giving static enemies breathing, floating, and scaled attributes to utilizing animated sideview actors as potential battlers for your enemies instead of static graphics to help make your enemies appear more lively!

Plugin: http://yanfly.moe/2015/12/13/yep-44-animated-sideview-enemies/

Instructions

Introduction

This plugin requires YEP_BattleEngineCore.
Make sure this plugin is located under YEP_BattleEngineCore in the plugin list.

This extension plugin allows you to animate enemies in a number of ways, from giving static enemies breathing, floating, and scaled attributes to utilizing animated sideview actors as potential battlers for your enemies instead of static graphics to help make your enemies appear more lively!

If you are using YEP_X_ActSeqPack2, and would like the ability to add in floating enemies, place this plugin under YEP_X_ActSeqPack2 as well.

To use this plugin, insert within the enemy’s notebox the notetags you see in the section below:

Notetags

Insert these notetags into the enemy noteboxes below to change their sidewview battler aspects.

Enemy Notetags:

— General —

<Breathing>
<No Breathing>
Enables or disables a ‘breathing’ effect for the enemy sprite.

<Breathing Speed: x>
How many frames does it take to make a full breathing cycle? The lower the x value, the faster the enemy breathes. The higher the x value, the slower the enemy breathes.

<Breathing Rate X: x.y>
<Breathing Rate Y: x.y>
Sets the horizontal and vertical breathing rate to x.y. 1.0 is a 100% variance change while 0.0 is a 0% variance.

<Floating>
Sets the enemy to be animated as if it was floating.

<Floating Speed: x>
How many frames does it take to do a full floating cycle? The lower the x value, the faster the enemy floats. The higher the x value, the slower the enemy floats.

<Floating Rate: x.y>
Sets the floating rate for the enemy to x.y. 1.0 is a 100% variance change while 0.0 is a 0% variance change.

<Floating Height: x>
Sets the minimum float height for the enemy to x.

<Scale Sprite: x%>
This allows you to scale the sprite larger or smaller by x% of the original sprite size. If you wish to only scale either the width or the height, use the notetags below:

<Scale Sprite Width: x%>
<Scale Sprite Height: x%>
This will scale the sprite’s width or height by x% amount specifically rather than the whole sprite itself by the same ratio.

— Sideview —

<Sideview Battler: filename>
This is the filename used for the sideview battler found within your project’s img/sv_actors/ folder. Doing this will enable the following notetags to be applied to the battler. This is case-sensitive and used without the image’s file extension.

*Example: SF_Actor3_8.png would be <Sideview Battler: SF_Actor3_8>
*Note: If more than one of these tags is used, the sideview battler selected will be picked from a random pool. Their settings, however, will match all of the other sideview settings set in the notetags for the sake of simplicity.

— Sideview Specific —

<Sideview Anchor X: y.z>
<Sideview Anchor Y: y.z>
This sets the anchor location for the enemy’s sideview battler at y.z. This is used for the event you have an odd-proportioned sideview battler.

<Sideview Width: x>
<Sideview Height: x>
Sets the width/height of the sideview battler. This is for the event you’re using a battler image that may have different proportions than normal sideview battlers.

<Sideview Collapse>
Sets it so that the enemy when it dies will collapse and vanish.

<Sideview No Collapse>
Sets it so that the enemy when it dies will leave behind a corpse and will not vanish.

<Sideview Frame Speed: x>
Sets the frame speed of this sideview battler to x. The lower the x value, the faster the sideview battler animates. The higher it is, the slower the battler animates.

— Motions —

<Sideview Attack Motion: swing>
<Sideview Attack Motion: thrust>
<Sideview Attack Motion: missile>
Sets the basic attack motion for your sideview enemy if the sideview enemy is not using any weapons. You can use any of the following motions:

walk wait chant guard damage evade
thrust swing missile skill spell item
escape victory dying abnormal sleep dead

<Sideview Weapon: x>
This sets the sprite’s weapon image to x. If you haven’t modified your system images of the weapons, they would be as follows:

0 - Nothing
1 - Dagger 7 - Long Bow 13 - Mace 19 - Slingshot 25 - Book
2 - Sword 8 - Crossbow 14 - Rod 20 - Shotgun 26 - Custom
3 - Flail 9 - Gun 15 - Club 21 - Rifle 27 - Custom
4 - Axe 10 - Claw 16 - Chain 22 - Chainsaw 28 - Custom
5 - Whip 11 - Glove 17 - Sword#2 23 - Railgun 29 - Custom
6 - Staff 12 - Spear 18 - Iron Pipe 24 - Stun Rod 30 - Custom

* Note: Inserting multiple of these notetags will put them inside a random pool of weapons to use. Keep in mind if you use this notetag, it will use all the default settings found in the plugin’s parameters. If you wish to use more unique settings, use the notetag below:

<Sideview Weapon: x, y, z>
This sets the sprite’s weapon image to x, motion to y, and attack animation to z. An example of how this notetag would be used would be as such:

<Sideview Weapon: 2, swing, 6>

This will give the battler a sword with the swing motion and playing battle animation 6 when attacking.

<Sideview Idle Motion: x>
Sets the idling motion for your sideview enemy. You can use any of the following motions:

* Note: Inserting multiple of these notetags will put them inside a random pool of motions to use.

<Sideview Damage Motion: x>
Sets the damaged motion for your sideview enemy. You can use any of the following motions:

<Sideview Evade Motion: x>
* Sets the evasion motion for your sideview enemy. You can use any of the following motions:

<Sideview Escape Motion: x>
Sets the escaping motion for your sideview enemy. You can use any of the following motions:

<Sideview Guard Motion: x>
Sets the guard motion for your sideview enemy. You can use any of the following motions:

<Sideview Abnormal Motion: x>
Sets the abnormal motion for your sideview enemy. You can use any of the following motions:

<Sideview Sleep Motion: x>
Sets the sleep motion for your sideview enemy. You can use any of the following motions:

<Sideview Dying Motion: x>
Sets the dying (crisis) motion for your sideview enemy. You can use any of the following motions:

<Sideview Dead Motion: x>
Sets the dead motion for your sideview enemy. You can use any of the following motions:

— Shadows —

<Sideview Show Shadow>
Sets it so the enemy will show its shadow for its sideview sprite. The default setting of this is tied to Battle Engine Core’s ‘Show Shadows’.

<Sideview Hide Shadow>
Sets it so the enemy will hide its shadow for its sideview sprite. The default setting of this is tied to Battle Engine Core’s ‘Show Shadows’.

<Sideview Shadow Width: x%>
Sets the shadow width to x% larger/smaller than the default shadow size found within the img/system folder.

<Sideview Shadow Height: x%>
Sets the shadow height to x% larger/smaller than the default shadow size found within the img/system folder.

State Notetags:

<Hide Sideview Weapon>
This will cause the animated sideview enemy battler to hide its sideview weapon effect. The attack motion will revert back to the barehanded attack motion set for the enemy and the attack animation will be the enemy’s default attack animation.

Happy RPG Making!

Ghost of Christmas Kloe

The Icecream Princess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Battle Engine Core >> Animated Sideview Enemies
Oh yeah... I sorta forgot about this... I think my mind took the open beta and thought it was the real version  >_>

Anyway, yay! Finally the full version is out!

EDIT: OMG OMG I really really wanna meet this super cute pink blog of amazing art!! I'm so hyped!! Honestly I'm gonna look forward to this, I wanna meet them!!!!

EDIT2: I think I know who it is! Thats right, Detective Kloe knows! (Hint, A word that Light and L both say in Death Note)

Rexxon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hooray! Thank you so much Yanfly. With these updates, the Victory Aftermath now supports six party teams at text size 20!

I am super excited now, as the story for my game involves a core of six characters, and now I can have them all fight in the same party. :D

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU. :D :D

Ilan14

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
ALRIGHT! This is going to be really useful in my future project...

Well done, Yanfly! :D

Portkey89

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yay Sideview! I can't wait to get home and see if this resolves the issue I mentioned in the other thread! You're a wizard, Yanfly!

In the meantime, a quick question about the Action Sequence Packs. In 2, there's the option to move the battler to a locale in relation to their target (like front center). Is there a way to move them x, y distance from that location? That way, I could have a mage, for instance, move to x distance away from their enemy but centered on them, and use a casting animation that makes a spell move from them to their target. Right now, however, they're practically overlapping the enemy because I can't adjust that distance. Let me know! You're the best!!!

ksart

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@kloe ..... shinigami?

SQUEEEEEEE so happy for official release, now my slimes flick my characters wooohooo! Still super hyped for that awesome artist to make their appearance

edit: i have noticed something... when i updated the battle core when selecting an enemy now the name shows up in a box, i miss when it was just the name. is it possible to add an option that turns the box off?

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay the newest patch seemed to have fixed the broken gauges but now there's a new problem.

Whenever there's an attack, it replicates the atb turn bar over the health gauses until the attack is over.

attack.png

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Yay Sideview! I can't wait to get home and see if this resolves the issue I mentioned in the other thread! You're a wizard, Yanfly!

In the meantime, a quick question about the Action Sequence Packs. In 2, there's the option to move the battler to a locale in relation to their target (like front center). Is there a way to move them x, y distance from that location? That way, I could have a mage, for instance, move to x distance away from their enemy but centered on them, and use a casting animation that makes a spell move from them to their target. Right now, however, they're practically overlapping the enemy because I can't adjust that distance. Let me know! You're the best!!!
There's no option for that yet sadly.

@kloe ..... shinigami?

SQUEEEEEEE so happy for official release, now my slimes flick my characters wooohooo! Still super hyped for that awesome artist to make their appearance

edit: i have noticed something... when i updated the battle core when selecting an enemy now the name shows up in a box, i miss when it was just the name. is it possible to add an option that turns the box off?
Sure, I can add that. http://yanfly.moe/plugins/en/YEP_BattleEngineCore.js

Okay the newest patch seemed to have fixed the broken gauges but now there's a new problem.

Whenever there's an attack, it replicates the atb turn bar over the health gauses until the attack is over.
I'll be disabling the ATB gauge second option since it doesn't work well with the settings. For now, you may as well use appearance option 1.

Portkey89

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Oh well; I'll stay tuned in case inspiration strikes you to add it. ;) Thanks again for your amazing work!!!

EDIT:

Editing this to say I've got my sideview battlers alive and well!  Still struggling to get weapon animations (nothing is happening yet), but for now, I blame myself; hopefully I'll figure this out.  Thank you for another amazing plugin!

EDIT 2:

I figured out my problem!  I think.  This is in reference to a skill - it's a spell of water magic.  The battle animation from Action Sequence Pack 2 (motion swing: user) is leading my party members to swing their wands before casting the spell, then it performs an animation on the target and does damage.  With sideview, the same swing animation occurs, but the enemy doesn't display a weapon (though there seems to be a few pixels of something inexplicable flashing over its head for a frame).  I've made sure they have a weapon equipped, I've even added the <Sideview Weapon: 27> tag, as it uses custom weapon #3, and yet, no weapon appears.  The party members are using the same custom weapon #3 with no problem.  I tried changing the weapon to any of the other 30 animations, and the enemy never displays their weapon via the Action Sequence Pack 2 call for them to swing it.  Could you look into this?  THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I just did some math and... apparently what seemed to be a little fun gimmick turned out to be an 80+ actors project :kaoswt2:
Yay! the original character contest 3 pack is here!
Both MV and MZ looks very good, congratulation for both RMW and Tkool participant!
I definitely can add these characters to use for my game project.

Steam link
The worst part of game development has to be marketing. Ugh...
May be starting a new job in a month or so. The thought is both exciting and terrifying.
Not like a rollercoaster though. Rollercoasters are just terrifying.
"Merchants don't sell you a product. They sell you something RIGHT NOW. That's all they're selling, the product of having what you want RIGHT NOW and not having to wait for it."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LagartixaMan