Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozuma

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Dear Yanfly,

In your Animated Sideview Enemies plugin, the Scale function can be used in a more random fashion?

Think how it would be magical a tag like:

<Scale: 90 to 110%>

Thus the Rat would vary somewhat in size, increasing the density game!

Grateful for the attention.

Neo Soul Gamer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey Yanfly,

Not sure if you noticed but when the party only has one actor, the Battle Status tends to look a little weird. The Gauges span the entire length of the window with the Actor graphic on the far right side. The Damage popup, however, still appears over what I assume is the actor position set by the plugin. (In this case, on the far left)

I remember in your old Battle Status script, you had an option to keep the graphics and gauges centered based on the party size.

Is it possible to include that option in your next update?

Hyomoto

Staring Contest
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Yanfly,

I was playing around with your item upgrade plugin and I was surprised to find it was far more limited than I'd expected.  There doesn't seem to be any way to add or modify any traits, nor can you modify stats by a percentage.  What I'd like to do, for example, is create a whetstone you can use on your weapons that adds +50% slash element to the weapon.  The idea is pretty simple, you can use a whetstone on something like a Staff, but since it uses crush damage it's really only going to be useful if you want to use it with a skill that has the slash element, but using it on something like a Sword would be more practical.  As another example, you might use a fire gem to add a fire element to your weapon, or enchant a weapon to change it's attack element altogether.  I'm playing around with the whole different types of attacks and resistances thing, and spirit enemies are pretty resilient against physical attacks (slash, crush, pierce) but I'd like to be able to add a 'special' element to weapons that they are weak against and it would be nice if it could be added by upgrading your weapon.

Also, a generic shadow for static enemies would be nice too.  It would really allow the floating effect to stand out, but I think it's like a poor man's SSAO, it just adds a little character to the scene no matter what.

Whether or not you do anything with this, thanks for all your hard work over the years.

EDIT:  I just realized that element rate, again, doesn't affect how much damage you do but how much your receive.  I wanted to make weapons work on their elements instead, but I guess that's both more complicated and less possible than I thought right now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
After the last patch, my instant cast libra skill now causes the game to crash.

TypeError: Cannot read property 'makeActions' of null
    at Function.BattleManager.endActorInstantCast (YEP_InstantCast.js:309)
    at Function.BattleManager.endAction (YEP_InstantCast.js:293)
    at Function.BattleManager.updatePhase (YEP_BattleEngineCore.js:1605)
    at Function.BattleManager.update (YEP_BattleEngineCore.js:1432)
    at Function.BattleManager.update (YEP_X_BattleSysATB.js:914)
    at Scene_Battle.updateBattleProcess (rpg_scenes.js:2050)
    at Scene_Battle.update (rpg_scenes.js:2042)
    at Scene_Battle.update (YEP_BattleEngineCore.js:3611)
    at Scene_Battle.update (YEP_VictoryAftermath.js:791)
    at Function.SceneManager.updateScene (rpg_managers.js:1673)

Vegnarus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
@thechancellor: You're right about that. It looks way off with less members. In the VXA version the dimensions were set and the actors' windows would divide the space based on the current number of actors in the party. This was done without stretching. Without centering it would just occupy the corresponding slots in the window like this:  [ Actor 1 | Empty | Empty | Empty ]

Since the resolution is easily changed in MV, it would be better to just divide the window space based on the max number of party members to set how big each individual actor status window can be, and then use the two methods above.

---------

@Yanfly: I found a visual bug for CTB. If you have enemies appear halfway through the battle they don't have their Letter tags on their turn order graphics. The regular BattleEngineCore assigns the extra Letters just fine though. 

TheRiotInside

Extra Ordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Yanfly: I just wanted to thank you for all of the fantastic work you've been doing with these plugins. The CTB especially is wonderful :)

I had a hopefully quick question about partitioning damage in skill notetags. Hopefully this is within the scope of what you are helping us with in this thread.

Say I have a skill, Thunder Blade. I want it to deal normal attack damage, and then an additional 50% of that as thunder damage, so basically this:

a.atk * a.atk / b.def (slash element type)
Code:
0.5 * a.atk * a.atk / b.def (thunder element type)
I know there are probably a few different ways to do this, whether by changing the attack element after dealing the first damage, or by calling two skills' damage formulas in one skill, but I'm hoping there is a relatively easy solution regarding your lunatic options for skill notetags.

I've tried a few things and have read through the plugin help files a few times, but a straightforward solution has not popped out at me yet.

Any help is much appreciated, guys!  :)  (again, sorry if this isn't where I should be asking this)

ryosonic

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
chinese
Primarily Uses
Guys,I found a way to make Yanfly Skill Learn Plugin to upgrade actors skill.

If I wanna learn a magic skill such as holy light,including level 3,I can use this code with the help of <Learn Show Eval>:(I set holy light 1 as skill 1,holy light 2 as skill 2 and holy light as skill 3)

holy light 1:

<Learn Show Eval>

if (user.isLearnedSkill(1)||user.isLearnedSkill(2)||user.isLearnedSkill(3)){

value = false;

} else {

value = true;

}

</Learn Show Eval>

holy light 2:

<Learn Show Eval>

if (user.isLearnedSkill(1)){

value = true;

} else {

value = false;

}

</Learn Show Eval>

<Learn Cost Eval>

user.forgetSkill(1);

</Learn Cost Eval>

holy light 3:

<Learn Show Eval>

if (user.isLearnedSkill(2)||user.isLearnedSkill(3)){

value = true;

} else {

value = false;

}

</Learn Show Eval>

<Learn Cost Eval>

user.forgetSkill(2);

</Learn Cost Eval>

Now everyone in your game can learn this skill and upgrade it without worrying whether other can learn this skill! :D

Tested and it's worked!

kiriseo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
holy light 3:

<Learn Show Eval>

if (user.isLearnedSkill(2)||user.isLearnedSkill(3)){

value = true;

} else {

value = false;

}

</Learn Show Eval>

<Learn Cost Eval>

user.forgetSkill(2);

</Learn Cost Eval>
So you want to show Holy Light 3 if you've already learned it?

Myst Desdemona

The Snark Knight
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English/Swedish
Hey Yanfly!

I'm not sure if I asked this before (If I did then my apologies) But I was wondering if it would be possible to increase the jp cost everytime it is used. (preferably by a set amount or maybe a percentage), using your own tips and tricks of course.

<Learn Cost: 500 JP>

<Learn Cost Eval>

user._paramPlus[0] += 300;

user.forgetSkill(52);

user.refresh();

</Learn Cost Eval>

harveywth

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm trying to implement your CTB plugin and I'm having an issue. I'm not getting an error message but it's still using the dtb system. I've changed it over in the Battle Engine Core plugin.

I tried making a new project and starting with just the base plugins I needed to test and then slowly added in all of my plugins and... it worked fine all the way through, so I'm not sure how to figure out where the error is at this point.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Oh well; I'll stay tuned in case inspiration strikes you to add it. ;) Thanks again for your amazing work!!!

EDIT:

Editing this to say I've got my sideview battlers alive and well!  Still struggling to get weapon animations (nothing is happening yet), but for now, I blame myself; hopefully I'll figure this out.  Thank you for another amazing plugin!

EDIT 2:

I figured out my problem!  I think.  This is in reference to a skill - it's a spell of water magic.  The battle animation from Action Sequence Pack 2 (motion swing: user) is leading my party members to swing their wands before casting the spell, then it performs an animation on the target and does damage.  With sideview, the same swing animation occurs, but the enemy doesn't display a weapon (though there seems to be a few pixels of something inexplicable flashing over its head for a frame).  I've made sure they have a weapon equipped, I've even added the <Sideview Weapon: 27> tag, as it uses custom weapon #3, and yet, no weapon appears.  The party members are using the same custom weapon #3 with no problem.  I tried changing the weapon to any of the other 30 animations, and the enemy never displays their weapon via the Action Sequence Pack 2 call for them to swing it.  Could you look into this?  THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!
Have you tried it with other weapon ID's? I'm having no issues displaying it on mine.

Dear Yanfly,

In your Animated Sideview Enemies plugin, the Scale function can be used in a more random fashion?

Think how it would be magical a tag like:

<Scale: 90 to 110%>

Thus the Rat would vary somewhat in size, increasing the density game!

Grateful for the attention.
I'm going to avoid adding extra features for this plugin for now. I may revisit this idea later down the path, but at the moment, it's not a top priority.

Hey Yanfly,

Not sure if you noticed but when the party only has one actor, the Battle Status tends to look a little weird. The Gauges span the entire length of the window with the Actor graphic on the far right side. The Damage popup, however, still appears over what I assume is the actor position set by the plugin. (In this case, on the far left)

I remember in your old Battle Status script, you had an option to keep the graphics and gauges centered based on the party size.

Is it possible to include that option in your next update?
You guys all really really hate the stretching huh? :/

In the Ace version, all I ever got was complaints about the empty columns. -_-

Yanfly,

I was playing around with your item upgrade plugin and I was surprised to find it was far more limited than I'd expected.  There doesn't seem to be any way to add or modify any traits, nor can you modify stats by a percentage.  What I'd like to do, for example, is create a whetstone you can use on your weapons that adds +50% slash element to the weapon.  The idea is pretty simple, you can use a whetstone on something like a Staff, but since it uses crush damage it's really only going to be useful if you want to use it with a skill that has the slash element, but using it on something like a Sword would be more practical.  As another example, you might use a fire gem to add a fire element to your weapon, or enchant a weapon to change it's attack element altogether.  I'm playing around with the whole different types of attacks and resistances thing, and spirit enemies are pretty resilient against physical attacks (slash, crush, pierce) but I'd like to be able to add a 'special' element to weapons that they are weak against and it would be nice if it could be added by upgrading your weapon.

Also, a generic shadow for static enemies would be nice too.  It would really allow the floating effect to stand out, but I think it's like a poor man's SSAO, it just adds a little character to the scene no matter what.

Whether or not you do anything with this, thanks for all your hard work over the years.

EDIT:  I just realized that element rate, again, doesn't affect how much damage you do but how much your receive.  I wanted to make weapons work on their elements instead, but I guess that's both more complicated and less possible than I thought right now.
Adding traits wasn't an added feature because it's an extremely delicate process. This does not mean it's impossible. Follow this Tips & Tricks video to learn how to add something like that:

After the last patch, my instant cast libra skill now causes the game to crash.

TypeError: Cannot read property 'makeActions' of null

at Function.BattleManager.endActorInstantCast (YEP_InstantCast.js:309)

at Function.BattleManager.endAction (YEP_InstantCast.js:293)

at Function.BattleManager.updatePhase (YEP_BattleEngineCore.js:1605)

at Function.BattleManager.update (YEP_BattleEngineCore.js:1432)

at Function.BattleManager.update (YEP_X_BattleSysATB.js:914)

at Scene_Battle.updateBattleProcess (rpg_scenes.js:2050)

at Scene_Battle.update (rpg_scenes.js:2042)

at Scene_Battle.update (YEP_BattleEngineCore.js:3611)

at Scene_Battle.update (YEP_VictoryAftermath.js:791)

at Function.SceneManager.updateScene (rpg_managers.js:1673)
I'll get this taken a look at.

@thechancellor: You're right about that. It looks way off with less members. In the VXA version the dimensions were set and the actors' windows would divide the space based on the current number of actors in the party. This was done without stretching. Without centering it would just occupy the corresponding slots in the window like this:  [ Actor 1 | Empty | Empty | Empty ]

Since the resolution is easily changed in MV, it would be better to just divide the window space based on the max number of party members to set how big each individual actor status window can be, and then use the two methods above.

---------

@Yanfly: I found a visual bug for CTB. If you have enemies appear halfway through the battle they don't have their Letter tags on their turn order graphics. The regular BattleEngineCore assigns the extra Letters just fine though. 
Thanks, I'll get that taken a look at.

Hey Yanfly!

I'm not sure if I asked this before (If I did then my apologies) But I was wondering if it would be possible to increase the jp cost everytime it is used. (preferably by a set amount or maybe a percentage), using your own tips and tricks of course.

<Learn Cost: 500 JP>

<Learn Cost Eval>

user._paramPlus[0] += 300;

user.forgetSkill(52);

user.refresh();

</Learn Cost Eval>
You would have to use Lunatic costs to have the JP cost increase.

I'm trying to implement your CTB plugin and I'm having an issue. I'm not getting an error message but it's still using the dtb system. I've changed it over in the Battle Engine Core plugin.

I tried making a new project and starting with just the base plugins I needed to test and then slowly added in all of my plugins and... it worked fine all the way through, so I'm not sure how to figure out where the error is at this point.
Start a new game with your old project. If you're loading from an old file, you're loading the default battle system there which was DTB.

Rexxon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
And here we are, at another week of voting!

Thank you so much for all of your hard work Yanfly, you're the greatest. :D

For this week, the order of my preference would go like this:

Enhanced TP, Shop Menu Core, Steal & Snatch, Row Formation, Limited Skill Uses, Absorption Barrier, Party Limit Gauge, Button Common Events, Item Durability, Event Chase Stealth.,

Looking forward to more great scripts in the future, and hopefully Enhanced TP can finally win one this week. Thank you all for your time!

harveywth

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Start a new game with your old project. If you're loading from an old file, you're loading the default battle system there which was DTB.
I'm trying to test from the troops section of the database.

EDIT: I just started over from a save right before I started trying to implement the CTB plugin and started over and it worked. I have no idea what I did to mess it up in the first place, but I guess the point is moot. Thanks for helping regardless <3

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Change the Battle Engine Core default system to CTB.

SAVE the project.

If you don't save the project, the changed settings do not have effect.

Yoshifull

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Hi Yanfly, 

I was wondering if it was possible, using the action sequence, to have a little control on the damage dealt. I explain.

I have a character that use a three hit combo as their standard attack, but I don't want to have each hit deal the formula's damage exactly. The two first hits are rather weak, it is to weaken a bit the foe's awareness to have the last hit deal the most damage. So, in order, I'd want the hits to go by percentages 20%, 15% and then 65%. 

I'm asking if it is possible at all to be able to put,

ACTION EFFECT: 20%//input movements here...

ACTION EFFECT: 15%

//input movements here...

ACTION EFFECT: 65%

//input movements here...
in order to have even more control of damage (or healing) received upon using the Action Sequences...

Riff

Eorzean
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi Yanfly,

I was wondering if it was possible, using the action sequence, to have a little control on the damage dealt. I explain.

I have a character that use a three hit combo as their standard attack, but I don't want to have each hit deal the formula's damage exactly. The two first hits are rather weak, it is to weaken a bit the foe's awareness to have the last hit deal the most damage. So, in order, I'd want the hits to go by percentages 20%, 15% and then 65%.

I'm asking if it is possible at all to be able to put,

in order to have even more control of damage (or healing) received upon using the Action Sequences...
What you described sounds a lot like the action sequences you get from using Damage Core extention plug-in. Give it a try. :)

Yoshifull

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
What you described sounds a lot like the action sequences you get from using Damage Core extention plug-in. Give it a try. :)
*reads comment*

*checks the Damage Core help section once again*

*finds out DAMAGE RATE: x% at the bottom*

..........I've seen that so many times, and I failed to remember it was there all along!? If that's not a "Whoops" moment, I don't know what is.

Thanks ^^;

Ghost of Christmas Kloe

The Icecream Princess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Wait, in the plugin poll results on the video it says Enhanced TP has 820 and the others have < 800 votes? Is that a mistake or some silly cheaty thing?

Anyway, the newcomers! I'm not sure about Shop Core, I sorta already use one, but variety is always welcome! But Steath!? Thats just the super duper coolest thingy ever! (Well, Skill Costs items but yeah) Imagine sneaking past guards!

Also Yanfly, if you do make that, can it have sprite changing so we can have a "Stealth" sprite for actors if we want E.g. Sinweaver's Stealth Box sprites!

My votes this week is just one, as I'll focus on Stealth since it really is the coolest thing since Skill Costs Item!!

Also I'm excited for Gab Window even if I'm not really sure what would be possibe with Buff and States core exept for what we already have? Maybe um… states that create mini-games or switch scenes? That create pictures? I dunno…

Anyway, as always thank you Yanfly for your continuing awesomeness, and have a nice week!  BD

Portkey89

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Have you tried it with other weapon ID's? I'm having no issues displaying it on mine.
Yup, I tried about five different ID's, but my enemy never swings a weapon.  :/  Only my actors ever do.  Does it matter whether the weapon is equipped by the enemy or not in the normal editor for the action sequence pack to work?  Or does it just need to be assigned via tag as their <Sideview Weapon: x>?  I'm just trying to debug, but despite that, I've tested all of these, and can't seem to figure out where the problem is stemming from.  

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Modern Town Overworld, World of Solaria Dungeon, 80's Retro-Futuristic Font | RPG Maker News #73

I been slowing down and not focusing on project currently.
I had this idea for VTubers vs MOTHER and its a bunch of Vtubers finding eight melodies to fight a psychic alien and a fat kid. IDK, kinda find it hard to use RPG Maker for more than 15 minutes
Working on some wizard/magic bases:
TestChara-10-hover.gif

I mean, technically it's a flying base but I haven't made any wings yet, so magic hovering is it for now.
Dear developers, exp gain scaling (reduced gain when you are over-leveled) suck. Please don't do it. Thank you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skycloudrain