Status
Not open for further replies.

Yanfly

Developer
Reaction score
Wait, in the plugin poll results on the video it says Enhanced TP has 820 and the others have < 800 votes? Is that a mistake or some silly cheaty thing?

Anyway, the newcomers! I'm not sure about Shop Core, I sorta already use one, but variety is always welcome! But Steath!? Thats just the super duper coolest thingy ever! (Well, Skill Costs items but yeah) Imagine sneaking past guards!

Also Yanfly, if you do make that, can it have sprite changing so we can have a "Stealth" sprite for actors if we want E.g. Sinweaver's Stealth Box sprites!

My votes this week is just one, as I'll focus on Stealth since it really is the coolest thing since Skill Costs Item!!

Also I'm excited for Gab Window even if I'm not really sure what would be possibe with Buff and States core exept for what we already have? Maybe um… states that create mini-games or switch scenes? That create pictures? I dunno…

Anyway, as always thank you Yanfly for your continuing awesomeness, and have a nice week!  BD
Ah woops, it was 546 votes. My bad!

Yeah, stealth mode will have its own graphic (optional).

Yup, I tried about five different ID's, but my enemy never swings a weapon.  :/  Only my actors ever do.  Does it matter whether the weapon is equipped by the enemy or not in the normal editor for the action sequence pack to work?  Or does it just need to be assigned via tag as their <Sideview Weapon: x>?  I'm just trying to debug, but despite that, I've tested all of these, and can't seem to figure out where the problem is stemming from.  
Hmmm, I'll look into this tonight after work.

The Gab Window looks beautiful.
<3

Last edited by a moderator:

Pumamori

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My sincerest apologies if this was asked before - but could you add the ability to make the speed of "breathing" or floating dependant on the enemies current HP, so it slows down once they get closer to dying? It'd be a neat way to see how much an enemy can take without explicitly showing lifebars to the player! :) 

I hope you have a wonderful day~

Vegnarus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
It does doesn't it? The last game I remember that did something similar to that incredibly well was Rogue Galaxy. The little voice clips and comments from various characters added a lot to the experience and immersion of the game.

My sincerest apologies if this was asked before - but could you add the ability to make the speed of "breathing" or floating dependant on the enemies current HP, so it slows down once they get closer to dying? It'd be a neat way to see how much an enemy can take without explicitly showing lifebars to the player! :) 

I hope you have a wonderful day~
That's a nice idea Puma. The only indicator without life bars would be the breathing rate so if the player is fighting a tough enemy and they see them starting to wheeze out they'd know that they're almost there.

Ilan14

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Nevermind! I see you fixed it. :)

estriole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesian
some suggestion... any way for Event Mini Label to update it's label when there's change to $gameVariables :D ...

since i try to add \v[1] to the label.

and when i change the variable it's not updated :D . (until i leave and reenter map)

EDIT: wait... you don't have to add code to $gameVariables change... i would prefer if there's a plugin call / script call

to update all mini_label on the map. so i can execute it manually after i change variable (less lag hopefully).

also any way to support multi lines...

some comment tag like:

<Mini Label Lines: x>i would like to create something like this:

Emery Town

Population: 1325

Troop: 521

wait a minute... where's the link to gab window? cannot find it in yanfly.moe >.<...

i really want gab window :D .

Portkey89

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Just in case it helps to clarify, this is the note in my Skill to have the character step forward, swing the wand, animate the spell over the enemy, and then have the character step back.  It works just fine for actors, but not so hot for enemies.

<setup action>

move user: forward, 200, 15

wait for movement

display action

motion wait: user

</setup action>

<target action>

motion swing: user

wait for movement

motion wait: user

action animation: target

wait for animation

action effect

</target action>

<follow action>

perform finish

wait for movement

</follow action>
This is how the enemy is set up.

<Sideview Battler: Witch>

<Sideview Idle Motion: walk>

<Sideview Weapon: 27>
And I've also given them the trait Equip Weapon - Wand, which is the same weapons that the actors have.  And yet bar none, when the actors swing it, they show the wand animation, and when the enemy swings it, nothing.  I had previously reported "a few pixels of something inexplicable flashing over its head for a frame", but this was about five pixels missing in the character's hair graphic for a frame; this is repaired, and no weapon still.  I tried turning off all other plugins, but it didn't change anything.  Help!  And many, many thanks in advance.

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
some suggestion... any way for Event Mini Label to update it's label when there's change to $gameVariables :D ...

since i try to add \v[1] to the label.

and when i change the variable it's not updated :D . (until i leave and reenter map)

EDIT: wait... you don't have to add code to $gameVariables change... i would prefer if there's a plugin call / script call

to update all mini_label on the map. so i can execute it manually after i change variable (less lag hopefully).

also any way to support multi lines...

some comment tag like:

<Mini Label Lines: x>i would like to create something like this:

Emery Town

Population: 1325

Troop: 521

wait a minute... where's the link to gab window? cannot find it in yanfly.moe >.<...

i really want gab window :D .
It's in the preview:

Fox536

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hey Yanfly is there any built-in code, that set's a battler to the current attacker?

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
They are all good but the shop core is probably the most useful for most sorts of players and game types.

ksart

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yeah, i'm looking forward to seeing the shop core myself. fingers crossed it will have what i've been looking for

Kest

The Ecstasy of Gold
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Since Shop Core seems to be winning, one thing I'd like to see from it is a smarter use of space (as described in this request thread)

Seems like Yanfly copied the layout used in VXAce for his item and equipment plugins, but it's kind of

1. showing its age, doesnt consider MV having larger screens than VXAce
  2. inflexible, lots of blank spaces, doesn't list important information like Ex-Parameters/Elements/etc

Kest

The Ecstasy of Gold
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
What are you talking about, we've not seen any screenshots of it yet?
For his item and equipment plugins

I brought it up because there's a pretty clear trend so far and YEA shop menu suffers from the same layout problems 

labunga

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I get 'Type Error' - 'undefined is not a function'.

:-(

Also is there a way we can download all of your plugins at once? (the most updated version)
I prepurchased the engine and I feel like I'm using an older version of all of these... (I may be wrong?)

I'm a manager at work, father of a one year old, and it's very difficult for me to keep up with the updates in real time. Any mercy for someone like me, Yanfly?

ksart

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Labunga. If you go to his website, on the plugin update/change log there should be a link to download the plugins in a zip file (or was it a rar?). That website, for quick ref, is yanfly.moe

kiriseo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
@Yanfly

I have a quick question regarding the display of JP costs in your Skill Learn System.

Is there some way I can display the correct JP cost, if I want to change them with a formula inside the <Learn Cost Eval> tag?

TheRiotInside

Extra Ordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
After reading some other replies, it looks like I can use the damage rate option in your Damage Core to accomplish the 50% damage portion, so I guess all I need now is a way to also change the attack element. If anyone knows the proper syntax for doing so, it would be greatly appreciated :)

Something like:

action effectdamage rate: 50%(change attack element to x)action effectSorry for posting about it again, but it's very easy for posts to get buried in such a busy thread, and it looks like I didn't make it into the latest big batch of replies. Thanks again @Yanfly for all the effort you're putting in not only on the plugins but also in supporting them and helping out the community.

@Yanfly: I just wanted to thank you for all of the fantastic work you've been doing with these plugins. The CTB especially is wonderful :)

I had a hopefully quick question about partitioning damage in skill notetags. Hopefully this is within the scope of what you are helping us with in this thread.

Say I have a skill, Thunder Blade. I want it to deal normal attack damage, and then an additional 50% of that as thunder damage, so basically this:

a.atk * a.atk / b.def (slash element type)
Code:
0.5 * a.atk * a.atk / b.def (thunder element type)
I know there are probably a few different ways to do this, whether by changing the attack element after dealing the first damage, or by calling two skills' damage formulas in one skill, but I'm hoping there is a relatively easy solution regarding your lunatic options for skill notetags.

I've tried a few things and have read through the plugin help files a few times, but a straightforward solution has not popped out at me yet.

Any help is much appreciated, guys!  :)  (again, sorry if this isn't where I should be asking this)

Neo Soul Gamer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey Yanfly,

Thanks for adding the option to adjust the columns in Battle Status.

There's still a bug though. Even when the columns aren't adjusted, the damage popups display above the battle status as if they were adjusted. For example, if you have two party members without the columns being adjusted... They're shown to the left side of the battle status, but the damage popup for the second actor appears on the far right side of the status, which is exactly where the popup would display if "Adjust Columns" were set to true.

A second thing that may or may not be a bug (probably done by design, but needs a change imo) is the turn skipping. Skipping all the way right will results in a missed turn, which is fine. But I see this happening accidentally where the player may not have intended to skip the turn, and just wanted to get to the last actor. Is it possible to include an option to display another command box on the right side asking to end the turn?

@Yanfly

I have a quick question regarding the display of JP costs in your Skill Learn System.

Is there some way I can display the correct JP cost, if I want to change them with a formula inside the <Learn Cost Eval> tag?
Wondering this too, as there's no JP Cost Display Eval function. I had to rely on the Custom Text display. But making any changes to the cost in the future would be a ton of work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

So I have a lighter work schedule next week. Is that a sign to move on to MZ?
I got a new rpg idea yesterday, titled "The Hero We Summoned to Save Us is a War Criminal from our Past?!"
Work on Yanfly's MZ plug-ins is coming along nicely. Looking forward to getting them: http://www.yanfly.moe/wiki/Core_Engine_VisuStella_MZ
so uh variables can only be used for num lol? I guess I gotta fix that once MZ come out lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BM_ANDERSON