Not open for further replies.

Myst Desdemona

The Snark Knight
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English/Swedish
Hey Yanfly,

I tried to look through your plugins but I sorta got lost.

I wanted to ask you if it would be possible to buy more than one weapon at the shop. For some reason it can't go up to more than one (Have the money to buy more than one of course.)

Also, is there a way to show all stat changes in shop instead of just attack? I'm pretty sure I didn't change anything in your plugins.

AndI have no other plugins to mess with those parameters.

Yanfly

Developer
Reaction score
My sincerest apologies if this was asked before - but could you add the ability to make the speed of "breathing" or floating dependant on the enemies current HP, so it slows down once they get closer to dying? It'd be a neat way to see how much an enemy can take without explicitly showing lifebars to the player! :) 

I hope you have a wonderful day~
Sure, I'll add it in the next update.

some suggestion... any way for Event Mini Label to update it's label when there's change to $gameVariables :D ...

since i try to add \v[1] to the label.

and when i change the variable it's not updated :D . (until i leave and reenter map)

EDIT: wait... you don't have to add code to $gameVariables change... i would prefer if there's a plugin call / script call

to update all mini_label on the map. so i can execute it manually after i change variable (less lag hopefully).

also any way to support multi lines...

some comment tag like:

<Mini Label Lines: x>i would like to create something like this:

Emery Town

Population: 1325

Troop: 521

wait a minute... where's the link to gab window? cannot find it in yanfly.moe >.<...

i really want gab window :D .
Sure, I'll add a command later.

Just in case it helps to clarify, this is the note in my Skill to have the character step forward, swing the wand, animate the spell over the enemy, and then have the character step back.  It works just fine for actors, but not so hot for enemies.

<setup action>

move user: forward, 200, 15

wait for movement

display action

motion wait: user

</setup action>

<target action>

motion swing: user

wait for movement

motion wait: user

action animation: target

wait for animation

action effect

</target action>

<follow action>

perform finish

wait for movement

</follow action>
This is how the enemy is set up.

<Sideview Battler: Witch>

<Sideview Idle Motion: walk>

<Sideview Weapon: 27>
And I've also given them the trait Equip Weapon - Wand, which is the same weapons that the actors have.  And yet bar none, when the actors swing it, they show the wand animation, and when the enemy swings it, nothing.  I had previously reported "a few pixels of something inexplicable flashing over its head for a frame", but this was about five pixels missing in the character's hair graphic for a frame; this is repaired, and no weapon still.  I tried turning off all other plugins, but it didn't change anything.  Help!  And many, many thanks in advance.

Alright, I see the issue now. I'll get it fixed tonight.

Hey Yanfly is there any built-in code, that set's a battler to the current attacker?
BattleManager._subject will return the active battler.

Since Shop Core seems to be winning, one thing I'd like to see from it is a smarter use of space (as described in this request thread)

Seems like Yanfly copied the layout used in VXAce for his item and equipment plugins, but it's kind of

1. showing its age, doesnt consider MV having larger screens than VXAce
  2. inflexible, lots of blank spaces, doesn't list important information like Ex-Parameters/Elements/etc
For his item and equipment plugins

I brought it up because there's a pretty clear trend so far and YEA shop menu suffers from the same layout problems 

"Showing its age". Shop Menu Core was requested by many users specifically for the Ace interface alone. I intend to keep the same format as to keep uniformity amongst my plugins. Should you find it inadequate for your usage, I suggest you visit this forum: http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/forum/136-js-plugin-requests/

And not make insults towards my work here when a good majority of users find it fine otherwise. Thank you.

I get 'Type Error' - 'undefined is not a function'.

:-(

Also is there a way we can download all of your plugins at once? (the most updated version)

I prepurchased the engine and I feel like I'm using an older version of all of these... (I may be wrong?)

I'm a manager at work, father of a one year old, and it's very difficult for me to keep up with the updates in real time. Any mercy for someone like me, Yanfly?
You can download an archive of all the plugins from this page from the "To download all available plugins, click here."

http://yanfly.moe/yep/changelog/

@Yanfly

I have a quick question regarding the display of JP costs in your Skill Learn System.

Is there some way I can display the correct JP cost, if I want to change them with a formula inside the <Learn Cost Eval> tag?
Yes. That's what this notetag is used for:

* <Learn Custom Text> * text * text * </Learn Custom Text> * This will be the custom text shown underneath all the main costs. You can * use text codes for this.
After reading some other replies, it looks like I can use the damage rate option in your Damage Core to accomplish the 50% damage portion, so I guess all I need now is a way to also change the attack element. If anyone knows the proper syntax for doing so, it would be greatly appreciated :)

Something like:

action effectdamage rate: 50%(change attack element to x)action effectSorry for posting about it again, but it's very easy for posts to get buried in such a busy thread, and it looks like I didn't make it into the latest big batch of replies. Thanks again @Yanfly for all the effort you're putting in not only on the plugins but also in supporting them and helping out the community.
This isn't a function yet and will be included once I make an elemental aspect plugin for the Damage Core.

Hey Yanfly,

Thanks for adding the option to adjust the columns in Battle Status.

There's still a bug though. Even when the columns aren't adjusted, the damage popups display above the battle status as if they were adjusted. For example, if you have two party members without the columns being adjusted... They're shown to the left side of the battle status, but the damage popup for the second actor appears on the far right side of the status, which is exactly where the popup would display if "Adjust Columns" were set to true.

A second thing that may or may not be a bug (probably done by design, but needs a change imo) is the turn skipping. Skipping all the way right will results in a missed turn, which is fine. But I see this happening accidentally where the player may not have intended to skip the turn, and just wanted to get to the last actor. Is it possible to include an option to display another command box on the right side asking to end the turn?

Wondering this too, as there's no JP Cost Display Eval function. I had to rely on the Custom Text display. But making any changes to the cost in the future would be a ton of work.
Thanks, I'll get this fixed.

Yanfly

Developer
Reaction score
Hey Yanfly,

I tried to look through your plugins but I sorta got lost.

I wanted to ask you if it would be possible to buy more than one weapon at the shop. For some reason it can't go up to more than one (Have the money to buy more than one of course.)

Also, is there a way to show all stat changes in shop instead of just attack? I'm pretty sure I didn't change anything in your plugins.

AndI have no other plugins to mess with those parameters.
If you're using independent items, it will only allow you to buy one at a time for the sake of keeping them independent.

Myst Desdemona

The Snark Knight
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English/Swedish
If you're using independent items, it will only allow you to buy one at a time for the sake of keeping them independent.
Can you maybe clarify on what independent items mean? I feel like I missed an episode. Although it's mostly just a minor inconvenience, not too bad.

How about showing all stats changes instead of just Atk or def? Kinda sucks when you don't know what you're buying lol.

Yanfly

Developer
Reaction score
Independent Items come from the Item Core. I suggest you watch that video if you want to know what they are.

And I'm going to change nothing about the default shop layout through that plugin alone.

If the Shop Menu Core wins, then yes, you'll be getting the full package and see all the stat changes.

Portkey89

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Alright, I see the issue now. I'll get it fixed tonight.
You're so generous, it makes me borderline emotional.  Thank you, thank you, thank you for all that you do!!!!

Kest

The Ecstasy of Gold
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Can you maybe clarify on what independent items mean? I feel like I missed an episode. Although it's mostly just a minor inconvenience, not too bad.
For Item Core you need to tag your consumable items like Potions with <Not Independent Item> tag, otherwise they end up with randomized stats and won't stack properly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Myst Desdemona

The Snark Knight
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English/Swedish
Independent Items come from the Item Core. I suggest you watch that video if you want to know what they are.

And I'm going to change nothing about the default shop layout through that plugin alone.

If the Shop Menu Core wins, then yes, you'll be getting the full package and see all the stat changes.
Ah alright. Thank you :)

I know what to vote for next time then since the gab window won already.

For Item Core you need to tag your consumable items like Potions with <Not Independent Item> tag, otherwise they end up with randomized stats and won't stack properly.
Thank you for the clarfication. I do enjoy the randomized stats for non-plot gear.

kiriseo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Yes. That's what this notetag is used for:

* <Learn Custom Text> * text * text * </Learn Custom Text> * This will be the custom text shown underneath all the main costs. You can * use text codes for this.
I saw that, but that's not what I meant.

That wont work 'cause I would need the formula to calculate the exact JP cost.

And to calculate that cost I'm using $gameVariables.

If I could include a formula inside that tag, I would list the difference between the original JP cost and the new JP cost as "extra cost" with it.

But how this tag works, it isn't possible.

Hence my question :D

Yanfly

Developer
Reaction score
When using the <Learn Require Eval> notetag, set the cost you find to $gameVariables there so it will show up in Learn Custom Text.

Fox536

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Thanks for the reply, I needed to set the current battles tho, but I found it. It was a challenge getting my battle swap plugin to work with your ctb when I originally design it around another system. But I got it to work. Thanks :)

kiriseo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
When using the <Learn Require Eval> notetag, set the cost you find to $gameVariables there so it will show up in Learn Custom Text.
Alright, now I've got it.

It works fine for one actor.

Now I have this situation:

Every actor can learn a certain skill.

That skill raises the HP of the actor.

The JP cost of that skill increases everytime that skill is learned for each actor individually.

To keep track of how often an actor has learned that skill, I use a $gameVariable for each actor.

When the first actor learnes that skill, the cost for the next upgrade displays correctly.

When the second actor opens the "Learn Skills" window now, it'll display the individual cost of the first actor instead of his own.

After the second actor learned that skill, it'll display his individual cost correctly.

If it isn't too much to ask, could you insert an eval function for displaying costum costs too?

TheRiotInside

Extra Ordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Yanfly: Thanks a lot for the reply. I'll sit quietly until those features are released. :)  (I guess I can make states that add attack elements and add/remove those mid-skill in the meantime!)

It reminded me of another really quick question actually. Is there any way with the current (or future) lunatic skill notetag options to embed another entire skill within a skill? Say you do all the action sequence notetag work, and in the middle you had a line that calls another skill to process, going through all of its action sequences and effects before continuing on in the original skill. Kind of like how a common event embeds within an action sequence when called.

Is that a crazy feature that has no place in this world?

Yanfly

Developer
Reaction score
Alright, now I've got it.

It works fine for one actor.

Now I have this situation:

Every actor can learn a certain skill.

That skill raises the HP of the actor.

The JP cost of that skill increases everytime that skill is learned for each actor individually.

To keep track of how often an actor has learned that skill, I use a $gameVariable for each actor.

When the first actor learnes that skill, the cost for the next upgrade displays correctly.

When the second actor opens the "Learn Skills" window now, it'll display the individual cost of the first actor instead of his own.

After the second actor learned that skill, it'll display his individual cost correctly.

If it isn't too much to ask, could you insert an eval function for displaying costum costs too?
The entire purpose of the <Learn Custom Text> is for you to write out your own text be it costs and requirements. This -is- the eval function for displaying custom costs.

@Yanfly: Thanks a lot for the reply. I'll sit quietly until those features are released. :)  (I guess I can make states that add attack elements and add/remove those mid-skill in the meantime!)

It reminded me of another really quick question actually. Is there any way with the current (or future) lunatic skill notetag options to embed another entire skill within a skill? Say you do all the action sequence notetag work, and in the middle you had a line that calls another skill to process, going through all of its action sequences and effects before continuing on in the original skill. Kind of like how a common event embeds within an action sequence when called.

Is that a crazy feature that has no place in this world?
Embedding a skill within another skill is going to cause problems and unnecessary amounts of bloat within the database when loaded up. It's best to go about these things manually than to use a template.

TheRiotInside

Extra Ordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Yanfly: Thanks for the quick reply! You are a hero.

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey Yanfly, is there a way to make it so that each player that has been added to the active party (or into the party reserve) increases the ammount of items that can be carried?

kiriseo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
The entire purpose of the <Learn Custom Text> is for you to write out your own text be it costs and requirements. This -is- the eval function for displaying custom costs.
Sorry to bother you again.

Maybe I'm trying too hard, but there is no eval line that uses the skill's learnCustomText property in your entire script.

This is the only function that uses this property after you loaded all notetags.

Window_SkillLearnData.prototype.drawCustomText = function(wy) { if (this._skill.learnCustomText === '') return wy; this.drawTextEx(this._skill.learnCustomText, 4, wy); return wy;};Every js code written in the <Learn Custom Text> tag will be displayed as raw text with this function.

Or am I missing something?

Yanfly

Developer
Reaction score
Hey Yanfly, is there a way to make it so that each player that has been added to the active party (or into the party reserve) increases the ammount of items that can be carried?
Not with my plugins.

Sorry to bother you again.

Maybe I'm trying too hard, but there is no eval line that uses the skill's learnCustomText property in your entire script.

This is the only function that uses this property after you loaded all notetags.

Window_SkillLearnData.prototype.drawCustomText = function(wy) { if (this._skill.learnCustomText === '') return wy; this.drawTextEx(this._skill.learnCustomText, 4, wy); return wy;};Every js code written in the <Learn Custom Text> tag will be displayed as raw text with this function.

Or am I missing something?
Everything in the the <Learn Custom Text> is straight up text and text code, not code. What you NEED to do, like I said before in the previous post, is to define your $gameVariables in the <Learn Require Eval> code.

Sol Rising

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Guys,I found a way to make Yanfly Skill Learn Plugin to upgrade actors skill.

If I wanna learn a magic skill such as holy light,including level 3,I can use this code with the help of <Learn Show Eval>:(I set holy light 1 as skill 1,holy light 2 as skill 2 and holy light as skill 3)

holy light 1:

<Learn Show Eval>

if (user.isLearnedSkill(1)||user.isLearnedSkill(2)||user.isLearnedSkill(3)){

value = false;

} else {

value = true;

}

</Learn Show Eval>

holy light 2:

<Learn Show Eval>

if (user.isLearnedSkill(1)){

value = true;

} else {

value = false;

}

</Learn Show Eval>

<Learn Cost Eval>

user.forgetSkill(1);

</Learn Cost Eval>

holy light 3:

<Learn Show Eval>

if (user.isLearnedSkill(2)||user.isLearnedSkill(3)){

value = true;

} else {

value = false;

}

</Learn Show Eval>

<Learn Cost Eval>

user.forgetSkill(2);

</Learn Cost Eval>

Now everyone in your game can learn this skill and upgrade it without worrying whether other can learn this skill! :D

Tested and it's worked!
So does this make it so once you learn skill 1, skill 2 is available to be learned and if you learn skill 2 you will forget skill 1 and it won't be available to be learned again. Also skill 3 will become available after you learned skill 2?

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
AH Crap I forgot you was doing a Shop Plugin Core don't hesit to PM for make me remember to trying to adapt my AI to your shop ;D (like doing I will Demo and the setup for make the window match with the layout I need c:

even if in this moment I am so much focus on learning C# and playing with Unity haha I just love Unity so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Should be able to release Haxe MV/MZ next weekend.
It look that somehow MZ tracks are messed up (for example battle4 is obviously a theme, castle2 is a ship, ship1 is a scene and so on..). Maybe they just named them after with some ambiguity.
is there a script call that return how much turn has passed in battle?
Does anyone find this hard to read?

Enjoying my weekend at home to stay Covid free. How is everyone else doing?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkscythe25