Status
Not open for further replies.

kiriseo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Everything in the the <Learn Custom Text> is straight up text and text code, not code. What you NEED to do, like I said before in the previous post, is to define your $gameVariables in the <Learn Require Eval> code.
Wait a second.

I just realized that we might talk at cross purposes. :(

You are talking about the <Learn Require Eval> tag and I'm about the <Learn Cost Eval> tag.

I change the cost and set a $gameVariable for the Custom Text in there.

Are you saying, I should move the whole code to the <Learn Require Eval> tag for it to work correctly for each actor?

Last edited by a moderator:

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Wait a second.

I just realized that we might talk at cross purposes. :(

You are talking about the <Learn Require Eval> tag and I'm about the <Learn Cost Eval> tag.

I change the cost and set a $gameVariable for the Custom Text in there.

Are you saying, I should move the whole code to the <Learn Require Eval> tag for it to work correctly for each actor?
You can move it there, too or leave it in <Learn Cost Eval>. However, Cost Eval only takes effect AFTER the paying the cost which means it will have to work retroactively for the next step meaning it will always be unsynched.

ryosonic

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
chinese
Primarily Uses
So does this make it so once you learn skill 1, skill 2 is available to be learned and if you learn skill 2 you will forget skill 1 and it won't be available to be learned again. Also skill 3 will become available after you learned skill 2?
Yes.Actually,it means using one skill to replace previous skill,making it like upgrading your skills if the replaced skill is lower level.

If you wanna next skill that need one skill with 3 levels,try this.

<Learn Show Eval>

if (user.isLearnedSkill(3)||user.isLearnedSkill(4)||user.isLearnedSkill(5)){

if (!user.isLearnedSkill(6)&&!user.isLearnedSkill(7)&&!user.isLearnedSkill(8)){

value = true;

} else {

value = false;

}

} else {

value = false;

}

</Learn Show Eval>

6\7\8 means skill 2 with level 1\2\3 3\4\5 means skill 1 with level 1\2\3

maybe it's the correct way to use Skill Learn System as Skill Tree?

:D

Drackomordain

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
I'm having a heck of a time getting sideview animated enemies to work.  

I have no idea what to do, I've disabled all other plugins except Yanflys.  If I disable the Animated Sideview Enemies mobs are fine, but if I try to use the Animated Enemies, it wont show them, if I try to use the Animated Sideview enimies, it crashes  ;_;

I get the following with the crash - 

TypeError: Cannot read property 'height' of undefined

at Sprite_Enemy.updateSVStateSprite (file:///G:/RPG_MV_Games/Test%20-%2012-15-2015/js/plugins/YEP_X_AnimatedSVEnemies.js:1343:34)

at Sprite_Enemy.updateStateSprite (file:///G:/RPG_MV_Games/Test%20-%2012-15-2015/js/plugins/YEP_X_AnimatedSVEnemies.js:1336:12)

at Sprite_Enemy.update (file:///G:/RPG_MV_Games/Test%20-%2012-15-2015/js/rpg_sprites.js:951:14)

at Sprite_Enemy.update (file:///G:/RPG_MV_Games/Test%20-%2012-15-2015/js/plugins/YEP_BattleEngineCore.js:2552:36)

at Sprite_Enemy.update (file:///G:/RPG_MV_Games/Test%20-%2012-15-2015/js/plugins/YEP_X_AnimatedSVEnemies.js:1327:36)

at file:///G:/RPG_MV_Games/Test%20-%2012-15-2015/js/rpg_core.js:3290:19

at Array.forEach (native)

at Sprite.update (file:///G:/RPG_MV_Games/Test%20-%2012-15-2015/js/rpg_core.js:3288:19)

at file:///G:/RPG_MV_Games/Test%20-%2012-15-2015/js/rpg_core.js:3290:19

at Array.forEach (native)

Drackomordain

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
I believe I solved the problem, It appears I had the "More State Overlay" plugin by Hakuryo enabled and that was causing the issue, moved to above Battle Engine Core and it appears to be working...

wrigty12

Just a QAer playing with Javascript
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I see something odd about the Animated SV Enemies.

When I scale down an enemy, things like position of the actor when doing a sequence, and the HP bar for that monster both adjust to the right location, but the ANIMATION that is used for the skill acts like the monster is its original size. Is that an easy fix?

kiriseo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
You can move it there, too or leave it in <Learn Cost Eval>. However, Cost Eval only takes effect AFTER the paying the cost which means it will have to work retroactively for the next step meaning it will always be unsynched.
I see, and thanks for your patience. xD

Well, I'm only changing the JP cost and the Cost Eval comes directly before the actor's loseJp() function, so the correct cost will be payed. :D

I only have issues with displaying the correct amount when I'm switching to another actor to learn that skill.

I'll get it to work like I want it eventually :D

/EDIT:

Okay, I'm feeling really dumb right now.

I really tried too hard and couldn't see the obvsious.

Just one last question.

When I use the <Learn Custom Text> tag and insert an icon, there is a little gap between the border and the icon.

Is there a way to get rid of it, so that it looks more like the standard cost text?

SilverStarNeko

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Hello Yanfly

I have a question about the message core plugin 

is it possible that we will get some update that gives up choice to do things likes screen tilt or flash or shake while the message is still going?

I have a character and she is loud person and I feel that just changing the font size is not enough to imply that so I would like to have screen shake if it is possible.

Lux Fortuna

Legal Eagle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I realize the first post said that this topic is for bug reports and updates, but I am not sure where else to post my question without the topic being deleted. I apologize in advance if it is in error to ask here.

I am trying to work with the action sequence pack plugin and have read through the helps/spoilers/and even the guide on yanfly's main website. I am still having a lot of difficulty creating decent action sequences for skills in combat (I want to try and create cool skills like yanfly displayed in his video). My question is if anyone knows of a place to see an example of what one of the completed skills would look like in the notes section, or if there's a place to find help on that. I am significantly better at seeing how things are supposed to be done as opposed to randomly trying to piece it together on my own. Again, if this is the wrong place to post then I apologize in advance.

Any help (from anyone) would be greatly appreciated!

Vegnarus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Yanfly, the HP Link Breathing you implemented is nice but it needs a few more things to become really good. There's a couple of ways you can go about it but I'll list them and you can tell me what you think or you can decide how you're going to modify it. An HP Link can change the following:

• Breathing Speed to slow down the enemy when it's near death
  • Breathing Rate to reduce how much they inhale near death
  • Floating Speed to show they're out of juice by floating more slowly
  • Floating Rate to reduce the height they can reach
You also need a Global Floor Rate which is the lowest rate of the original values that HP Linking can get to. A value of 0.5 for example means that the lowest rate possible is 50% of the original values set in the parameters. This is because if you have low values already and the enemies are in critical, they basically stop moving.

You can even have a fixed HP% value to set the Floor Rate at. (I think this one is the easiest and most obvious to spot for the players) For example, at 25% HP or lower, the enemies will have 0.4 times the original breathing/floating rates.

@Lux Fortuna: Hey Lux, did you check this thread here? http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/46691-pre-made-yanflys-action-sequence-sharing-and-discussions

I think it can help you get some basic sequences and ideas!

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
I see something odd about the Animated SV Enemies.

When I scale down an enemy, things like position of the actor when doing a sequence, and the HP bar for that monster both adjust to the right location, but the ANIMATION that is used for the skill acts like the monster is its original size. Is that an easy fix?
I'll have to try and see.

I see, and thanks for your patience. xD

Well, I'm only changing the JP cost and the Cost Eval comes directly before the actor's loseJp() function, so the correct cost will be payed. :D

I only have issues with displaying the correct amount when I'm switching to another actor to learn that skill.

I'll get it to work like I want it eventually :D

/EDIT:

Okay, I'm feeling really dumb right now.

I really tried too hard and couldn't see the obvsious.

Just one last question.

When I use the <Learn Custom Text> tag and insert an icon, there is a little gap between the border and the icon.

Is there a way to get rid of it, so that it looks more like the standard cost text?
This gap was added there through the default source code. You'll have to modify that if you want to get rid of it.

Hello Yanfly

I have a question about the message core plugin 

is it possible that we will get some update that gives up choice to do things likes screen tilt or flash or shake while the message is still going?

I have a character and she is loud person and I feel that just changing the font size is not enough to imply that so I would like to have screen shake if it is possible.
Eventually yes.

Yanfly, the HP Link Breathing you implemented is nice but it needs a few more things to become really good. There's a couple of ways you can go about it but I'll list them and you can tell me what you think or you can decide how you're going to modify it. An HP Link can change the following:

• Breathing Speed to slow down the enemy when it's near death
  • Breathing Rate to reduce how much they inhale near death
  • Floating Speed to show they're out of juice by floating more slowly
  • Floating Rate to reduce the height they can reach
You also need a Global Floor Rate which is the lowest rate of the original values that HP Linking can get to. A value of 0.5 for example means that the lowest rate possible is 50% of the original values set in the parameters. This is because if you have low values already and the enemies are in critical, they basically stop moving.

You can even have a fixed HP% value to set the Floor Rate at. (I think this one is the easiest and most obvious to spot for the players) For example, at 25% HP or lower, the enemies will have 0.4 times the original breathing/floating rates.

@Lux Fortuna: Hey Lux, did you check this thread here? http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/46691-pre-made-yanflys-action-sequence-sharing-and-discussions

I think it can help you get some basic sequences and ideas!
I'm not going to make more changes to visual aspects for now. As it stands, my time is extremely limited and I'd like to focus on mechanical plugins to get games working and on the way to finishing before adding more features here. So I'll decline on this for now.

Vegnarus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
@Yanfly: Okay, that's understandable. But keep these sort of ideas in a notepad or something to get back to them when your time will allow for more polishing.

@Lux Fortuna: You're welcome! That's a great thread to see how people get crazy sequences done!  :)

Portkey89

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Still wrestling with getting that weapon sprite to animate!  Downloaded the new Sideview and Action Sequence.  Turned off all other plugins again, and no such luck.  Question: where does the script reference to determine the equipped weapon sprite to use?  Does it check the Equip Weapon trait, or does it check the tag <Sideview Weapon: 27>?  I know it has to be some conflict going on, as it's animating just fine for the party using the same skill, it just won't animate for the enemy.  But if the enemy just does a normal attack, instead of using the skill the weapon sprite shows up.  Help!   :(

Lionheart_84

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
I noticed something the plugin system ATB ...

I have four actors who have different speeds and and the ATB gauge fills differently based on their speed ....

but if one of them is at level 99 and the other at level 1 the gauges ... the other 3 actors level 1, fills the same speed '...

as if they had the same speed 3 !!!

is a bug ???

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Tips & Tricks - Mejai's Soulstealer

Mejai’s Soulstealer is an item from League of Legends that increases stats based on the kill and assist count of the user while decreases stats based on the user’s deathcount. All the more, if the glory count is above 15, the user gets a 10% bonus to AGI.

Copy and Paste Code here: http://yanfly.moe/2015/12/16/tips-tricks-mejais-soulstealer/

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Still wrestling with getting that weapon sprite to animate!  Downloaded the new Sideview and Action Sequence.  Turned off all other plugins again, and no such luck.  Question: where does the script reference to determine the equipped weapon sprite to use?  Does it check the Equip Weapon trait, or does it check the tag <Sideview Weapon: 27>?  I know it has to be some conflict going on, as it's animating just fine for the party using the same skill, it just won't animate for the enemy.  But if the enemy just does a normal attack, instead of using the skill the weapon sprite shows up.  Help!   :(
Honestly, I'm not sure why this isn't working for you. :/ Try it in an empty project.

I noticed something the plugin system ATB ...

I have four actors who have different speeds and and the ATB gauge fills differently based on their speed ....

but if one of them is at level 99 and the other at level 1 the gauges ... the other 3 actors level 1, fills the same speed '...

as if they had the same speed 3 !!!

is a bug ???
Code:
 * @param ---Rubberband--- * @default * * @param Enable Rubberband * @desc This is an auto-balance mechanic for AGI. * Disable - false     Enable - true * @default true * * @param Minimum Speed * @desc If rubberbanding is enabled, what is the minimum * speed increase? This is a formula. * @default 0.5 * BattleManager.highestBaseAgi() * * @param Maximum Speed * @desc If rubberbanding is enabled, what is the maximum * speed increase? This is a formula. * @default 1.5 * BattleManager.highestBaseAgi()

Lionheart_84

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Honestly, I'm not sure why this isn't working for you. :/ Try it in an empty project.

* @param ---Rubberband--- * @default * * @param Enable Rubberband * @desc This is an auto-balance mechanic for AGI. * Disable - false Enable - true * @default true * * @param Minimum Speed * @desc If rubberbanding is enabled, what is the minimum * speed increase? This is a formula. * @default 0.5 * BattleManager.highestBaseAgi() * * @param Maximum Speed * @desc If rubberbanding is enabled, what is the maximum * speed increase? This is a formula. * @default 1.5 * BattleManager.highestBaseAgi()
Many thanks!!! :D   :D   :D

Myst Desdemona

The Snark Knight
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English/Swedish
Hey Yanfly!

Loving the mejai soulstealer.

I was wondering if there is a way to make it "stuck" on you unless you have X amount of glory.

For example. To take off the mejais from your character, you need 10 glory at least.

Is it feasible with your plugins?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Finished that egg-sitting mini-game I mentioned here a couple weeks back. Now to fix the weather system so it doesn't rain indoors while you're playing it. >.> A simple fix in itself; leave it to me to take it as an excuse to completely revamp the time/weather/lighting system from scratch.
I'm really tempting to pre order cyberpunk 2077... should I do it or not :/ I really want to play the game but don't want to take a big hit to my saving because of it
So I need to come up with quite a few action sequences.
Was stressing about this plugin earlier, but pretty happy with how its looking now! Purple makes it pop more too!! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stuart18