Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuronokun

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Hello. Thank you for all your usefull plugins.
I have a bug with the ItemCore. I will try to explain this as good as i can.
The game doesn’t keep all the changes i made mid game in the actor’s database.
For example, I play my game one hour, i save. I decide to add a new actor in the data base. (I create Dany in an empty slot. 12).
I continue the game and when i wanna add Dany in the party, he doesn”t appear but i have a new character in my party with no face and no name and no sprite.
When i start the game from the beginning i can add Dany and he appears as i created him.
I only have CoreEngine and ItemCore. When i desactivate ItemCore it works.
I use the last version of ItemCore.
I hope i’m clear in my description.
Thank you in advance for your help.

Fernyfer775

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@Kuronokun: That's actually a default with the engine, and has nothing to do with the plugins. Typically making changes within the database (altering things that exist is fine, it's mostly when adding new entries) and loading up an old save file will cause all sorts of issues, so the only way to remedy it (at least to my knowledge) is to start a new save file to test-play with.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Hey Yanfly!

Loving the mejai soulstealer.

I was wondering if there is a way to make it "stuck" on you unless you have X amount of glory.

For example. To take off the mejais from your character, you need 10 glory at least.

Is it feasible with your plugins?
You mean like if it doesn't have 10 glory, you get nothing?

Myst Desdemona

The Snark Knight
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English/Swedish
That's not possible within the scope of the engine. All items are always unequippable currently.
That's too bad.

Does the item keep the stacks if you un-equip it? Or do you have to farm them back up again?

SilverStarNeko

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
agi = user.paramBase(6) * 0.10; 

about that shouldn't it be 

agi = user.paramBase(6) * 1.10;

because in the first the agility will be 10% of the agility while it is supposed to be up by 10% or am I wrong? 

Riff

Eorzean
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

about that shouldn't it be

agi = user.paramBase(6) * 1.10;

because in the first the agility will be 10% of the agility while it is supposed to be up by 10% or am I wrong?

This one is correct, because this piece of equipment increases the user's agi by 10% of the user base agi.

The formula calculates the stats granted by the piece of equipment, not as a trait to the user.

Hope that clarifies the confusion. :)

Vegnarus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
I spotted another bug Yanfly. The state icons don't follow an enemy's floating pattern, they follow its breathing pattern and in many cases it looks way off.

EDIT: Oh and if a character is in critical after the battle finishes, Victory Aftermath will use the crisis color to draw the level. I forgot about this one.

Last edited by a moderator:

SilverStarNeko

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english

This one is correct, because this piece of equipment increases the user's agi by 10% of the user base agi.

The formula calculates the stats granted by the piece of equipment, not as a trait to the user.

Hope that clarifies the confusion. :)
I see

Yes that was clear and easy 

sorry for the trouble ^^

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
I spotted another bug Yanfly. The state icons don't follow an enemy's floating pattern, they follow its breathing pattern and in many cases it looks way off.

EDIT: Oh and if a character is in critical after the battle finishes, Victory Aftermath will use the crisis color to draw the level. I forgot about this one.
Thanks, I'll get that fixed~

wrigty12

Just a QAer playing with Javascript
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'll have to try and see.

This gap was added there through the default source code. You'll have to modify that if you want to get rid of it.

Eventually yes.

I'm not going to make more changes to visual aspects for now. As it stands, my time is extremely limited and I'd like to focus on mechanical plugins to get games working and on the way to finishing before adding more features here. So I'll decline on this for now.
In regards to the Animation and enemy scaling that I mentioned yesterday, if you meant to fix it with the update you made to the Battle Core yesterday, it did not fix the problem.

If you didn't attempt to fix it, then ignore this mention.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Yes, I was working on fixing it. However, things weren't as smooth as I expected.

I'll be looking into it tonight when I finish work. Please be patient.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Swap Enemies

Features and How to Use

This plugin allows you to have an enemy be a basic randomizing swap dummy for other enemies. Insert enemy ID's of other enemies inside of the swap notetag and those enemies will take place of the swap monster at the start of a battle.

Plugin: http://yanfly.moe/2015/12/17/yep-45-swap-enemies/

Instructions

Introduction

This plugin allows you to have an enemy be a basic randomizing swap dummy for other enemies. Insert enemy ID’s of other enemies inside of the swap notetag and those enemies will take place of the swap monster at the start of a battle.

Notetags

The purpose of swap enemies is to make it easier to swap out enemies for a random enemy inside of a particular pool of enemies. Use the following notetags to utilize this plugin:

Enemy Notetag:
<Swap: x, x, x>
<Swap: x to y>
Changes this enemy into a swap dummy. Replace x with the ID’s of the other enemies you would like to randomly spawn in its place. Insert multiples of this tag if you wish to add more randomized enemies to the pool.

<Swap>
Slime
Hornet
Bat
Wisp>
</Swap>
If you wish to use names instead, you can construct your notetags in the above format. Enemies with matching names will be added to the random swap pool for the swap dummy. If you have multiple enemies in the database with the same name, priority will be given to the enemy with the highest ID.

Happy RPG Making!

Vegnarus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Damn, this one was a woozy. Yanfly, I was trying to figure out a weird bug which I glossed over from a while ago since I wasn't sure if it was working as it should or whether it was consistently caused by something specific or not.

If you press cancel while the party system is active you can select Formation and change the party. But if you cancel out immediately without any changes, it sometimes leaves it white and active after exiting and sometimes it doesn't. And it can remain there even if you make changes once this happens.

At first I couldn't isolate the cause but I thought that maybe the timing of the CTB or ATB systems had something to do with it. So I ran some tests and while I got mixed and random results with CTB after using various troops, I consistently got the party command to stay greyed out with CTB off.

So in short, the party command is flimsy with tick-based systems and can be used infinitely in some instances.

PS: Bug report aside, It would be nice if you could make it so that if the party snapshot is the same as when you're exiting, then the command is not used up for the turn. Do consider it if it's not too difficult to code in!  :)

wrigty12

Just a QAer playing with Javascript
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
So I'm having trouble with AutoPassiveStates.

When applying it to the Actor notebox, the <Passive State: x> tag works just fine. However, when ever I try to get a condition to apply to that state (Like <Passive Condition: HP Above 80%>) the Passive State is always applied no matter if the condition is true or not...

Did it break with some other plugin? I turned off all other plugins I have that I could and it still did the same thing.

EDIT:

NEVERMIND.

Ignore my stupidity. I was placing the condition along with the tag in the Actor box. Not the State box. Dur.

DarknessFalls

Rpg Maker Jesus - JS Dev.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I found a couple of bugs, not sure if you have done updates. But when I enable Yanfly Core Engine, and nothing else

• When I buy 99 of item X that costs 300. I then have 99 of item x.
  • When I then try and buy 99 more I can .... I have the limit of items set to 100. So in theory I should only be able to by 1 more. Accept I can buy 99 more and be charged for it, yet when I go to sell the items I only see 100 items.
So now that we found this issue, lets enable Yanfly Item Core and Yanfly Core Engine and nothing else

So lets set up the plugin, item core:

Ok , so why can I buy 99+ items and then when I go to sell I see:

This doesn't seem right ???

Yanfly Core is 1.00

Yanfly Item Core is also 1.00

Not sure if theres been updates ???

Marcio

Roadrunner for Lighnting and Strike Detonator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Check the first page.

Core is at 1.10 and Item Core at 1.16.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Damn, this one was a woozy. Yanfly, I was trying to figure out a weird bug which I glossed over from a while ago since I wasn't sure if it was working as it should or whether it was consistently caused by something specific or not.

If you press cancel while the party system is active you can select Formation and change the party. But if you cancel out immediately without any changes, it sometimes leaves it white and active after exiting and sometimes it doesn't. And it can remain there even if you make changes once this happens.

At first I couldn't isolate the cause but I thought that maybe the timing of the CTB or ATB systems had something to do with it. So I ran some tests and while I got mixed and random results with CTB after using various troops, I consistently got the party command to stay greyed out with CTB off.

So in short, the party command is flimsy with tick-based systems and can be used infinitely in some instances.

PS: Bug report aside, It would be nice if you could make it so that if the party snapshot is the same as when you're exiting, then the command is not used up for the turn. Do consider it if it's not too difficult to code in!  :)
Since I cannot reproduce the error, I'm going to ask you to do the following.

1. Download all the newest updates of the plugin.

2. Create a new project.

3. Install -only- the affected plugins.

4. Recreate the error.

5. Upload the project online (do -not- deploy it).

6. Post the link here and I'll take a look at it.

Thanks for helping!

I found a couple of bugs, not sure if you have done updates. But when I enable Yanfly Core Engine, and nothing else

• When I buy 99 of item X that costs 300. I then have 99 of item x.
  • When I then try and buy 99 more I can .... I have the limit of items set to 100. So in theory I should only be able to by 1 more. Accept I can buy 99 more and be charged for it, yet when I go to sell the items I only see 100 items.
So now that we found this issue, lets enable Yanfly Item Core and Yanfly Core Engine and nothing else

So lets set up the plugin, item core:

Ok , so why can I buy 99+ items and then when I go to sell I see:

This doesn't seem right ???

Yanfly Core is 1.00

Yanfly Item Core is also 1.00

Not sure if theres been updates ???
Please bookmark this page: http://yanfly.moe/yep/changelog/

estriole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesian
can i request a change in your Message Core plugin?

this

Window_Message.prototype.convertEscapeCharacters = function(text) {    text = Window_Base.prototype.convertEscapeCharacters.call(this, text);        text = this.convertNameBox(text);        text = this.convertMessageCharacters(text);    return text;};Window_Message.prototype.convertNameBox = function(text) {        text = text.replace(/\x1bN\<(.*?)\>/gi, function() {                return Yanfly.nameWindow.refresh(arguments[1], 1);        }, this);        text = text.replace(/\x1bN1\<(.*?)\>/gi, function() {                return Yanfly.nameWindow.refresh(arguments[1], 1);        }, this);        text = text.replace(/\x1bN2\<(.*?)\>/gi, function() {                return Yanfly.nameWindow.refresh(arguments[1], 2);        }, this);        text = text.replace(/\x1bN3\<(.*?)\>/gi, function() {                return Yanfly.nameWindow.refresh(arguments[1], 3);        }, this);        text = text.replace(/\x1bNC\<(.*?)\>/gi, function() {                return Yanfly.nameWindow.refresh(arguments[1], 3);        }, this);        text = text.replace(/\x1bN4\<(.*?)\>/gi, function() {                return Yanfly.nameWindow.refresh(arguments[1], 4);        }, this);        text = text.replace(/\x1bN5\<(.*?)\>/gi, function() {                return Yanfly.nameWindow.refresh(arguments[1], 5);        }, this);        text = text.replace(/\x1bNR\<(.*?)\>/gi, function() {                return Yanfly.nameWindow.refresh(arguments[1], 5);        }, this);    return text;};
to this:

Window_Message.prototype.convertEscapeCharacters = function(text) {    text = this.convertNameBox(text);    text = Window_Base.prototype.convertEscapeCharacters.call(this, text);    text = this.convertMessageCharacters(text);    return text;  };  Window_Message.prototype.convertNameBox = function(text) {    text = text.replace(/\\N\<(.*?)\>/gi, function() {        return Yanfly.nameWindow.refresh(arguments[1], 1);    }, this);    text = text.replace(/\\N1\<(.*?)\>/gi, function() {        return Yanfly.nameWindow.refresh(arguments[1], 1);    }, this);    text = text.replace(/\\N2\<(.*?)\>/gi, function() {        return Yanfly.nameWindow.refresh(arguments[1], 2);    }, this);    text = text.replace(/\\N3\<(.*?)\>/gi, function() {        return Yanfly.nameWindow.refresh(arguments[1], 3);    }, this);    text = text.replace(/\\NC\<(.*?)\>/gi, function() {        return Yanfly.nameWindow.refresh(arguments[1], 3);    }, this);    text = text.replace(/\\N4\<(.*?)\>/gi, function() {        return Yanfly.nameWindow.refresh(arguments[1], 4);    }, this);    text = text.replace(/\\N5\<(.*?)\>/gi, function() {        return Yanfly.nameWindow.refresh(arguments[1], 5);    }, this);    text = text.replace(/\\NR\<(.*?)\>/gi, function() {        return Yanfly.nameWindow.refresh(arguments[1], 5);    }, this);    return text; };
basically make the name box text to be updated 'before' window base convert escape character executed...

to maintain the original text when passed to name box (since name box is executing convert escape character too)

i ask this because i made auto color plugin here:

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/49350-est-auto-text-color-plus/

it can color certain text... or certain escape code... to certain color.

the text you pass to Window_NameBox is already convert all \n[x] to actor x name...

so when i have this:

color actor 1 (\n[3]) to color 3

color text "Doraemon" to color 4

actor 1 name is Doraemon Zero

when using:

\n<\n[3]>

it will be auto colored only the doraemon part with color 4.

because it will become like this:

\c[3]\c[4]Doraemon\c[0] Zero\c[0]

the step why it become like that is like this

because by window base convert escape character... it transform:

\n<\n[3]>

to:

\n<\c[3]Doraemon Zero\c[0]>

then that text passed to name box and because it contain Doraemon Text... it transform to:

\n<\c[3]\c[4]Doraemon\c[0] Zero\c[0]>

this is not happening in message box... just in name box...

with above changes... it fix that behaviour. i could add that code as patch in my plugin... but since it's overwritting... it mean that when there's a change in your plugin... i will have to redo the patch... if it's ok for you... could you implement those change. :D

sorry if above is not clear enough >.<. it's quite hard to explain this.

edit: for now i updated my plugin to include those overwrite code as patch but with plugin parameter to turn it on/off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I made some sideview closets for MV!
You can find them in my MV resource thread.
People1.png & SF_People1.png added!!!!

Adventurer:
"Why your body looks like a bird?"

Stranger:
"Because I'm harpy"

Adventurer:
"Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof"

*Both dancing to Pharrell Williams song*
Stream will be live shortly with a make-up session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
negociant