Status
Not open for further replies.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
If you follow these instructions, you won't have to manually merge it unless you've made edits to the code:

If you did make edits to the code, it's better for you to create a separate plugin for that.

And I don't know what you mean by move up diagonally instead of just backwards. That does not occur for me at all.

@Yanfly: The tests I ran were from a fresh project so you should easily be able to reproduce them. That's why I made that post anyway. But I have the data and js folders here if you want them: http://www.mediafire.com/download/7i5kud547a0d3m4/Test+Project.rar

To reproduce the bug, fight a troop and set all 4 members to level 1. Use the Formation command, exit and then try to use it again. It should still be usable regardless of what you did.

Then set everyone's level to 30 and fight the same troop. If you use the command, then this time it will be grayed out.

All 4 plugins were active during testing.

Have you checked the order of the plugins to match this:

http://yanfly.moe/yep/

I HIGHLY recommend you place them in the order listed. There's a proper sequence to them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cinnamon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I made edits to the code way way back for some custom game stuff. ^_^ But it's just tiny things, nothing that could actually change the behavior of your code, otherwise I wouldn't bother you with it. I know how to debug my own stuff. I know it's not ideal but then I didn't expect plugins to need so many updates...

ANYWAY

About the diagonal movement, in other words: where can I change the behavior enemies have when taking damage? Where is that handled specifically? I'm having trouble locating the system's native movements.

e.g. before updating Battle Core, when an enemy would be damaged, it would move: x-50

Now it moves x-50 y-50

Actually, this is not a bug, it's an incompatibility with another plugin. So if you can point me in the right direction (i.e. which functions) I will fix it myself.

Thanks! :)

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Search for stepFlinch. As for compatibility issues with other plugins, I'm afraid I don't support that. My time's already limited enough as is so I can't provide ample support for other creators.

Cinnamon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Search for stepFlinch. As for compatibility issues with other plugins, I'm afraid I don't support that. My time's already limited enough as is so I can't provide ample support for other creators.
No need to repeat that. :p I was just asking where YOU handle it, so I can fix it myself.

Thanks, will look at stepFlinch.

Vegnarus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Have you checked the order of the plugins to match this:

http://yanfly.moe/yep/

I HIGHLY recommend you place them in the order listed. There's a proper sequence to them.
Okay I gave it a whirl and that seems to be what caused the weird behavior. The order was fine except for the the Party System which goes nuts if it's placed before the add-on. Alright, I'm glad we got this resolved! :)

I'd add a short note with every update just to remind people about the order issues and avoid this sort of bugs.

Roguedeus

It's never too late to procrastinate...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
The rubberband limits are calculated at the start of battle. Any AGI buffs made mid-battle do not affect the speed of the lower AGI units.
Thanks again Yanfly, I appreciate you're time. But I think I might not have explained the issue adequately. So I've made a demo of the issue.

http://1drv.ms/1Gta39y (OneDrive public folder)

There is an event with two possible battles. Each battle is the same enemy, with identical stats. Only one of them will cast a buff on itself that doubles its AGI.

You'll notice that even after buffing itself, the difference in speed between the actor and the enemy does not change. Even though (after the buff) the enemy should have a 200 AGI and the actor should have an effective AGI of only 50 (factoring battle start rubberbanding)

You will notice that I have used custom settings for all the ATB gauges. (Not sure if they are causing the issue)

But that's not all... Oddly, in the demo, the Initial Speed parameter doesn't seem to work at all and I can't seem to figure out why. It might be something simple that I am just not seeing. But all the settings are identical to my main build, and the initial speed works fine in it. I am at a total loss as to why its not working in the demo. Especially since its using only your plugins, all up to date from your blogs latest package.

Again. I really appreciate your time because I realize the effort you've put into your plugins. I am sorry I'm taking up so much of it with this issue.

I wouldn't be if I could imagine a way to fix it.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Thanks again Yanfly, I appreciate you're time. But I think I might not have explained the issue adequately. So I've made a demo of the issue.

http://1drv.ms/1Gta39y (OneDrive public folder)

There is an event with two possible battles. Each battle is the same enemy, with identical stats. Only one of them will cast a buff on itself that doubles its AGI.

You'll notice that even after buffing itself, the difference in speed between the actor and the enemy does not change. Even though (after the buff) the enemy should have a 200 AGI and the actor should have an effective AGI of only 50 (factoring battle start rubberbanding)

You will notice that I have used custom settings for all the ATB gauges. (Not sure if they are causing the issue)

But that's not all... Oddly, in the demo, the Initial Speed parameter doesn't seem to work at all and I can't seem to figure out why. It might be something simple that I am just not seeing. But all the settings are identical to my main build, and the initial speed works fine in it. I am at a total loss as to why its not working in the demo. Especially since its using only your plugins, all up to date from your blogs latest package.

Again. I really appreciate your time because I realize the effort you've put into your plugins. I am sorry I'm taking up so much of it with this issue.

I wouldn't be if I could imagine a way to fix it.
Your agility buff gives 100% AGI. That means it's remaining at the exact default speed. You'll need to set it to 101% or more to have any kind of speed increase.

In any case, I figure it'll be easier if I type out the way rubberbanding works in the way it's defined:

-----------------

Battle Starts

-----------------

Rubberband Limits Defined

- Highest AGI: 100 for Bat

- Lowest AGI: 20 for Harold

- Rubberband Limits 50 and 150.

Bat casts 200% AGI on itself.

It is now 200 AGI. However, rubberband prevents it from going past 150 so it increases at 150 speed.

Rubberband limit has already been defined. Even if the Bat is hasted and has 200 AGI, this does not change the limit of 50.

Harold remains at 20 AGI and still increases at a speed of 50 AGI even though the Bat is increasing at 150 AGI.

-----------------

Roguedeus

It's never too late to procrastinate...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Sorry that 100% rate buff was an oversight typo done in haste... One I didn't notice because the result was what I expected. /facepalm

In my primary build, the state in question is 200% and was a passive state... I realize now THAT was the problem. ;)

I failed to realize that a passive state would be factored into the rubberbanding.

When I made the demo, I made it a usable state as a way of trying to eliminate it as an explination, but my typo (100% Rate buff... :D ) made it seem to do the same thing.

your reply here, made me go back to my primary build, and change the buff from a passive to an activated ability. And BINGO!! That was the problem. All is right with the world again.

Sorry for wasting your time.

By the way... The demo's rubberbanding was 0.5 and 4 (not 1.5)... The full buff of 200% should have applied. allowing the bat to act at 4 times for ever 1 action of the actors.

It does when I fixed the cause.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Gab Window

Features and How to Use

Sometimes there’s random jibber jabber that does not warrant a message box. The Gab Window fulfills that jibber jabber by placing such text outside of the message window box and at the corner of the screen. The gab text will appear briefly and then disappear, not showing up again until the gab text is updated with something else.

Plugin: http://yanfly.moe/2015/12/18/yep-46-gab-window/

Instructions

Introduction

Sometimes there’s random jibber jabber that does not warrant a message box. The Gab Window fulfills that jibber jabber by placing such text outside of the message window box and at the corner of the screen. The gab text will appear briefly and then disappear, not showing up again until the gab text is updated with something else.

New to the MV version is the ability to play sounds for your Gab Window in addition to queueing multiple gabs together to have them form a conversation of sorts. When queued up, the currently playing gab will continue showing until it fades out before loading up the next gab.

Instructions

Using the Gab Window is quite simple. By default, it can be used in either the map scene or the battle scene. To call upon it, you will to use a few Plugin Commands to set up what you wish for the Gab Window to display.

Plugin Commands:

— Setup Commands —

GabText text
This will set the gab window to type out the above text. Text codes can be used for the Gab Window.

GabFaceName filename
If you wish to display a face graphic, use this plugin command to have it* display a face from the filename.

GabFaceIndex x
Used in combination with the above plugin command to define which index the face will use.

GabSpriteName filename
If you wish to display a particular character sprite, use this plugin command to have it display a sprite from the filename.

GabSpriteIndex x
Used in combination with the above plugin command to define which index the sprite will use.

GabActor x
GabActorFace x
This will display actor x’s face graphic where x is the actor’s ID.

GabActorSprite x
This will display actor x’s sprite graphic where x is the actor’s ID.

GabSound filename
This will play a sound from the SE folder under that particular filename.

— Display Commands —

ShowGab
Once the above settings are complete, use this Plugin Command to launch the Gab Window and display the above data. This will put the gab data into a queue which means if there’s another gab playing, this will be next in line.
*Note If multiple ShowGabs are used, they will be queued up. The current playing gab will finish playing before moving onto the next. If it so happens that the inputted Gab would have the same exact settings as a previously loaded gab within the same queue, it will not be inserted to prevent any redundancy amongst the conversation.

ForceGab
Once the above settings are complete, use this Plugin Command to clear all the other gabs in the Gab Window and display the above data.

ClearGab
This clears out the Gab Window of the current gab and any gabs queued.

Happy RPG Making!

Kyuukon

主人公
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
thanks! I was waiting for this one :D

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
The sexy plug-in hath returneth!

estriole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesian
Just make the overwrite change to your plugin. There was a specific reason I made mine in the order I had it set in.
although i dislike overwriting other people plugin... (mainly because i have to keep looking at the plugin changes and update mine everytime there's changes :D ) but i respect your decision. i will do so in mine. with plugin parameter to turn off / on the patch. i also use your message core in my project... so if i notice that change in the function i overwrite... i could update my plugin to reflect that changes..

also... if you're okay can i know the reason why you set the plugin to that order? does something like new feature we can expect coming in future... since it's basically converting escape code 2 times... just a curiosity of mine... hope it doesn't kill a cat :D . and if it's a secret christmast preset surprise... it's okay if you don't tell me :D . thank you. :D

edit: btw gab window is out... time to grab them and put it in my project... thank you very much for making such a wonderful plugin :D .

edit2: checked the gab window... it work beautifully... but some request if possible...

1) plugin command / script call to specify the position of the gab window one time next gab only.

so it feel more interactive...

2) ability to use it in any scene... for example scene item...

back in ace i write addon for your gabwindow here:

http://www.rpgmakervxace.net/topic/19494-est-yanfly-gab-window-addon/

and showing gab window in scene item (i use Hime Scene Interpreter) look really good...

at least number 1)... please :D .

Ghost of Christmas Kloe

The Icecream Princess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yanfly, I was wondering, Is it possible to run an event or common event after the current queue is finished? I wanna make a tutorial where I use this, so I can let the player fight on their own while seeing the tutorial, but cannot win the fight before it is finished. Is this possible right now? 

Portkey89

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The reason why Hime's Choice Conditions had a compatibility issue with mine was because he overwrote the "Imported" variable and erased its contents.

The "Imported" variable is the variable I use to store compatibility checks with all my plugins. -_- Though, I think Hime fixed this later.
Informative!  Thanks as usual, Yanfly!  Also - I realized I unnecessarily gendered you with "his" in my last point.  I don't know your secret identity, but I hope I'm not offending, and apologize if I am!   :)  

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score

Yanfly, I was wondering, Is it possible to run an event or common event after the current queue is finished? I wanna make a tutorial where I use this, so I can let the player fight on their own while seeing the tutorial, but cannot win the fight before it is finished. Is this possible right now? 
It's possible but not recommended. Main reason being is that the way RPG Maker MV (and VX Ace and VX and XP) handles common events is that reserving a common event actually overwrites the previous reserved common event. Though rare, it is possible for it to intrude into the middle of a cutscene or another event causing some rather odd outcomes. So for that reason, I didn't include it although it did cross my mind.

Informative!  Thanks as usual, Yanfly!  Also - I realized I unnecessarily gendered you with "his" in my last point.  I don't know your secret identity, but I hope I'm not offending, and apologize if I am!   :)
I wouldn't really say my identity's a secret. It's just that with all the people guessing my gender have a good number of both sides, I opt to not disclose it to save people the embarrassment. Otherwise, a simple search on me would actually disclose my gender rather easily, haha.

Ghost of Christmas Kloe

The Icecream Princess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It's possible but not recommended. Main reason being is that the way RPG Maker MV (and VX Ace and VX and XP) handles common events is that reserving a common event actually overwrites the previous reserved common event. Though rare, it is possible for it to intrude into the middle of a cutscene or another event causing some rather odd outcomes. So for that reason, I didn't include it although it did cross my mind
Ah ok, that makes sence...

Is it at least possible to flip a switch whenever a queue finishes like a "Queue Switch" thing? If not its ok, I just think it would help, maybe?

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Extra Enemy Drops

Features and How to Use

Plugin: http://yanfly.moe/2015/12/19/yep-47-extra-enemy-drops/

By default, RPG Maker MV limits enemies to only drop up to 3 items max and at very limited drop rates. This plugin allows you to add more than 3 items at drop. In addition to having more than 3 drops, this plugin also allows you to expand the enemy drops to have conditional drops, drops that will only appear before the player if certain conditions are met.

Instructions

Introduction

By default, RPG Maker MV limits enemies to only drop up to 3 items max and at very limited drop rates. This plugin allows you to add more than 3 items at drop. In addition to having more than 3 drops, this plugin also allows you to expand the enemy drops to have conditional drops, drops that will only appear before the player if certain conditions are met.

Generic Drop – Notetags

Use the following notetags to determine extra enemy drops. These drops will drop normally without any special conditions other than having to go through and pass a random number generator.

Enemy Notetags:

<Item x: y%>
<Weapon x: y%>
<Armor x: y%>
Adds item, weapon, or armor ID of x to the enemy’s drop pool with a y% chance of dropping the item. Insert multiples of this notetag to add more drop items for the enemy drop pool.

<Enemy Drops>
Item x: y%
Weapon x: y%
Armor x: y%
</Enemy Drops>
Alternatively, using the above notetag format will allow you to group a large number of enemy drops together. Replace x with the item, weapon, or armor ID to give the item a drop rate of y%.

<Drop Potion: x%>
<Drop Short Sword: x%>
<Drop Feather Cap: x%>
If you prefer to use names instead, you can use the above format for the notetags. This will make the named item have a drop rate of x%. If you have multiple items in your database with the same name, priority will be given to the item with the highest ID in the order of item, weapons, then armors. Insert multiple multiples of this notetag to add more drop items for the enemy drop pool.

<Enemy Drops>
Potion: x%
Short Sword: x%
Feather Cap: x%
</Enemy Drops>
Alternatively, you can write your notetag like such to group together a list of named items. This will make the named item have a drop rate of x%. If you have multiple items in your database with the same name, priority will be given to the item with the highest ID in the order of item, weapons, then armors. Insert multiple multiples of this notetag to add more drop items for the enemy drop pool.

Conditional Drop – Notetags

Sometimes, you want certain conditions to be met before enemies will drop a specific item. These conditional drops would have a 0% chance otherwise. For each condition met, you can increase or decrease the drop rate. Use the below format to create a conditional drop.

Enemy Notetags:

<Conditional Item x Drop>
condition: +y%
condition: -y%
<Conditional Item x Drop>

<Conditional Weapon x Drop>
<Conditional Weapon x Drop>

<Conditional Armor x Drop>
<Conditional Armor x Drop>
The above notetags will create the conditions for item, weapon, or armor x to drop. Insert various conditions in between the notetags to produce the conditional rate increases or decreases of y% for the drop.

<Conditional Named Drop>
<Conditional Named Drop>
If you prefer to name your drop, use the above format. If database entries have matching names, priority will be given to the item with the highest ID in the order of items, weapons, then armor. Insert various conditions in between the notetags to produce the conditional rate increases or decreases for y% for the drop.

The following are various conditions you may use:

ALIVE MEMBERS EVAL
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
This checks the number of alive party members the player has when the drops are being calculated and made and runs it against an eval check.
Example: Alive Members > 1: +20%
Alive Members === 2: +25%
Alive Members <= 3: -30%

ALWAYS
This condition will always pass. This can be used as setting a base rate for the item drop.
Example: Always: +50%

item x COUNT EVAL
weapon x COUNT EVAL
armor x COUNT EVAL
named item COUNT EVAL
This checks the quantity of specific items, weapons, armors, and/or named items you have. If you choose a named item and multiple database entries share the name of that named item, priority will be given to the highest ID in the order of items, weapons, and then armor.
Example: Item 1 Count > 1: +20%
Weapon 2 Count === 2: +25%
Armor 3 Count <= 3: -30%
Potion Count >= 4: +35%

DEAD MEMBERS EVAL
This checks the number of dead party members the player has when the drops are being calculated and made and runs it against an eval check.
Example: Dead Members > 1: +20%
Dead Members === 2: +25%
Dead Members <= 3: -30%

DEATH TURN EVAL
This will run an eval check to compare the turn number the enemy has died. This plugin requires the Battle Engine Core.
Example: Death Turn > 5: +10%
Death Turn === 5: +20%
Death Turn <= 4: +30%

EVAL code
This will run an eval check for the code you’ve inserted. If it returns true then the condition is met.
Example: Eval user.name() === ‘Bat A’: +30%

LAST STRIKE SKILL X
LAST STRIKE ITEM X
LAST STRIKE named
This checks to see if the last strike on the enemy is item x, skill x, or a named action. If a named action is used and multiple database entries share the name of the action, priority will be given to the highest ID in the order of skills then items.
Example: Last Strike Skill 40: +20%
Last Strike Item 50: -30%
Last Strike Firaga: +40%
Last Strike Ice Bomb: -50%

PARTY MEMBERS EVAL
This checks the number of party members (dead or alive) the player has when the drops are being calculated and made and runs it against an eval check.
Example: Party Members > 1: +20%
Party Members === 2: +25%
Party Members <= 3: -30%

RANDOM X%
This condition has a random x% chance to pass.
Example: Random 20%: +40%
Random 30%: -60%

TIMES ELEMENT X STRUCK EVAL
This compares the number of times the enemy has been struck by element x. You can also replace x with the name of the item.
Example: Times Element Fire Struck > 6: +10%
Times Element 3 Struck === 5: -10%
Times Element Thunder <= 4: +20%

TIMES ITEM X STRUCK EVAL
This compares the number of times the enemy has been struck by item x. You can also replace x with the name of the item.
Example: Times Item Bomb Struck > 6: +10%
Times Item 42 Struck === 5: -10%
Times Item Uni Struck <= 4: +20%

TIMES SKILL X STRUCK EVAL
This compares the number of times the enemy has been struck by skill x. You can also replace x with the name of the skill.
Example: Times Skill Firaga Struck > 6: +10%
Times Skill 40 Struck === 5: -10%
Times Skill Thundaga Struck <= 4: +20%

TIMES STATE X STRUCK EVAL
This compares the number of times the enemy has been struck by state x. You can also replace x with the name of the state.
Example: Times State 4 Struck > 6: +10%
Times State Blind Struck === 5: -10%
Times State Silence Struck <= 4: +20%

TIMES STYPE X STRUCK EVAL
This compares the number of times the enemy has been struck by skill type x. You can also replace x with the name of the skill type.
Example: Times SType 1 Struck > 6: +10%
Times SType Magic Struck === 5: -10%
Times SType Special Struck <= 4: +20%

SWITCH X ON
SWITCH X OFF
Replace X with a switch ID. If switch X is ON or OFF, the condition is met.
Example: Switch 5 ON: +10%
Switch 6 OFF: -10%

TURN EVAL
This will run an eval check to compare the number of turns the battle has gone on for until the time the drops have been made.
Example: Turn > 5: +10%
Turn === 5: +20%
Turn <= 4: +30%

VARIABLE X EVAL
Replace X with a variable ID. This will run an eval check to compare the variable’s value to see if it meets the conditions.
Example: Variable 5 > 10: +20%
Variable 6 === 11: +25%
Variable 7 <= 12: -30%

Happy RPG Making!

Pumamori

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh, sweet! Looks great. Is there a way to have an enemy drop one out of 3 possible weapons, but one of those three for sure?

(Also, thanks for the Update on the animated Battlers - that was insanely quick!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, and I'm so excited! I've been exploring MZ a little, and I just downloaded Effekseer to make new animations. I have experience in 3D animation software, so I'll be pretty good at the whole "particle" thing. My first game on MZ will be Fantasy Force--starring a griffin, a dragon, and a pegasus fighting against the Dragon of Darkness.
currently listening to Driftwood Gaming streaming some MZ dev time and it's delightful! had no idea they were this entertaining, love it
In quarantine, will be tested soon. This year is really something... special.
I was at another orientation yesterday and I realized I'll be working with an old friend! We met at the local water park a few years back and it was so nice to see her again! We had a chat, and next week when I officially start, I'll see if maybe we can trade our Zoom IDs so we can talk!
I made some sideview closets for MV!
You can find them in my MV resource thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmc1980