Not open for further replies.

Alexandre

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
But did you replace the RPG_Core.js and such? Because if you did, there should be no problems.
I have replaced all the basic plugins used in my project by the updated plugins I found in the NewData file from the rpgmaker mv steam folder. They are not the good ones?

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I downloaded all of the latest plugins (from the zip on your website), and when I went into battle test, I got a "Cannot read property 'width' of undefined" error. I then replaced the 1.25e version with the 1.25b version and it started working again (didn't try 1.25c or 1.25d). I was using frontview.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheGamedawg

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have a quick question.  When I add the Damage Core Plugin to my game, it seems to play with some of the formulas I've already put in.  I was testing with the normal attack.  And an attack that was doing 20 damage prior to adding the plugin is now doing upwards of 120.  This isn't a variance problem because I have that set very low.  I find this kind of odd.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
I already tried that and many other variations to no avail. And you didn't specify how one could sync the buffs/debuffs to personal turns so there's that too. 

Change that to false.

Change your guard state to Turn Start.

That's ALL you have to do. 

* ============================================================================ * Automatic State Removal Conditions * ============================================================================ * * By default, RPG Maker MV's battle system has automatic state removal under * three different conditions: none, action end, turn end. * * None and Turn End are working as intended. However, Action End, however, had * the states removed at the start of the battler's action rather than the end. * This is changed and updated to occur only at the end of a battler's action. * * Two more automatic conditions are now added: Action Start and Turn Start. * These can be added and implemented using the following notetags: * * State Notetags: * <Action Start: x> * <Action Start: x to y> * This will cause this state to update its turns remaining at the start of * an action. x is the number of turns it will last. If you use x to y, upon * applying the state, the state will be removed a random number of turns * from x to y. * * <Turn Start: x> * <Turn Start: x to y> * This will cause the state to update its turns remaining at the start of a * battle turn. x is the number of turns it will last. If you use x to y, * upon applying the state, the state will be removed a random number of * turns from x to y.Every single bit of detail was specified right there in the help file. You just choose to ignore it. I -STRONGLY- recommend you read through everything if you intend to use my plugins. All the options are there for you to customize. If you don't read through it, it just goes to show that I've only wasted my time in writing out this documentation.

I have replaced all the basic plugins used in my project by the updated plugins I found in the NewData file from the rpgmaker mv steam folder. They are not the good ones?
I cannot answer that. I can't look into your computer and find out for you.

And to prove it, I just created a new project with ONLY the plugin in it and guess what? It's working. The problem is not from my end.

It's working for me and I cannot say why it isn't working for you. Go see the General MV Support forum since you cannot update your files properly.

I downloaded all of the latest plugins (from the zip on your website), and when I went into battle test, I got a "Cannot read property 'width' of undefined" error. I then replaced the 1.25e version with the 1.25b version and it started working again (didn't try 1.25c or 1.25d). I was using frontview.
If you're getting an error, make sure you have all the plugins you're using updated.

If you still get the error, can you press F8 to open up the debug console.

From there, click the Console tab.

Then, can you copy and paste all the error messages you see here?

I have a quick question.  When I add the Damage Core Plugin to my game, it seems to play with some of the formulas I've already put in.  I was testing with the normal attack.  And an attack that was doing 20 damage prior to adding the plugin is now doing upwards of 120.  This isn't a variance problem because I have that set very low.  I find this kind of odd.

The Damage Core does not modify the existing formulas of your skills. If you have other plugins that modify damage formulas, this will conflict.

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
If you're getting an error, make sure you have all the plugins you're using updated.

If you still get the error, can you press F8 to open up the debug console.

From there, click the Console tab.

Then, can you copy and paste all the error messages you see here?
I downloaded the zip from your website right before I tested them, and I also double checked - the listed version numbers are the latest according to your changelog page.

I narrowed it down to Battle Engine Core 1.25e and Battle Status Window 1.02a being used together (without using any other plugins, only these two).

So, those two plugins gives me this error:

rpg_managers.js:1618 TypeError: Cannot read property 'width' of undefined

at Sprite_Actor.updateFrame (file:///C:/Users/someone/Documents/RPG%20Maker%20MV/project1/js/plugins/YEP_BattleEngineCore.js:2548:32)

at Sprite_Actor.Sprite_Battler.updateMain (file:///C:/Users/someone/Documents/RPG%20Maker%20MV/project1/js/rpg_sprites.js:512:14)

at Sprite_Actor.updateMain (file:///C:/Users/someone/Documents/RPG%20Maker%20MV/project1/js/rpg_sprites.js:748:41)

at Sprite_Actor.Sprite_Battler.update (file:///C:/Users/someone/Documents/RPG%20Maker%20MV/project1/js/rpg_sprites.js:493:14)

at Sprite_Actor.Sprite_Battler.update (file:///C:/Users/someone/Documents/RPG%20Maker%20MV/project1/js/plugins/YEP_BattleEngineCore.js:2298:38)

at Sprite_Actor.update (file:///C:/Users/someone/Documents/RPG%20Maker%20MV/project1/js/rpg_sprites.js:736:37)

at Sprite_Actor.update (file:///C:/Users/someone/Documents/RPG%20Maker%20MV/project1/js/plugins/YEP_BattleStatusWindow.js:270:36)

at file:///C:/Users/someone/Documents/RPG%20Maker%20MV/project1/js/rpg_core.js:3290:19

at Array.forEach (native)

at Sprite.update (file:///C:/Users/someone/Documents/RPG%20Maker%20MV/project1/js/rpg_core.js:3288:19)

If I change Battle Engine Core to 1.25b it works again.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
I downloaded the zip from your website right before I tested them, and I also double checked - the listed version numbers are the latest according to your changelog page.

I narrowed it down to Battle Engine Core 1.25e and Battle Status Window 1.02a being used together (without using any other plugins, only these two).

So, those two plugins gives me this error:

rpg_managers.js:1618 TypeError: Cannot read property 'width' of undefined

at Sprite_Actor.updateFrame (file:///C:/Users/someone/Documents/RPG%20Maker%20MV/project1/js/plugins/YEP_BattleEngineCore.js:2548:32)

at Sprite_Actor.Sprite_Battler.updateMain (file:///C:/Users/someone/Documents/RPG%20Maker%20MV/project1/js/rpg_sprites.js:512:14)

at Sprite_Actor.updateMain (file:///C:/Users/someone/Documents/RPG%20Maker%20MV/project1/js/rpg_sprites.js:748:41)

at Sprite_Actor.Sprite_Battler.update (file:///C:/Users/someone/Documents/RPG%20Maker%20MV/project1/js/rpg_sprites.js:493:14)

at Sprite_Actor.Sprite_Battler.update (file:///C:/Users/someone/Documents/RPG%20Maker%20MV/project1/js/plugins/YEP_BattleEngineCore.js:2298:38)

at Sprite_Actor.update (file:///C:/Users/someone/Documents/RPG%20Maker%20MV/project1/js/rpg_sprites.js:736:37)

at Sprite_Actor.update (file:///C:/Users/someone/Documents/RPG%20Maker%20MV/project1/js/plugins/YEP_BattleStatusWindow.js:270:36)

at file:///C:/Users/someone/Documents/RPG%20Maker%20MV/project1/js/rpg_core.js:3290:19

at Array.forEach (native)

at Sprite.update (file:///C:/Users/someone/Documents/RPG%20Maker%20MV/project1/js/rpg_core.js:3288:19)

If I change Battle Engine Core to 1.25b it works again.
Since I cannot reproduce the error, I'm going to ask you to do the following.

1. Download all the newest updates of the plugin.

2. Create a new project.

3. Install -only- the affected plugins.

4. Recreate the error.

5. Upload the project online (do -not- deploy it).

6. Post the link here and I'll take a look at it.

Thanks for helping!

Ghost of Christmas Kloe

The Icecream Princess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I just saw the news on Yanfly.moe! Congrats Yanfly! Also, is there anywhere where we can get the sprites shown in the announcement video? They all are super cute and I can name all most of them...  From left to right we have Justice/Akashics then um... I'm not sure then Flying Dream then Yanfly the Bunny Rabbit then Archeia then Yami then I'm not sure.

Can anyone else do the sprite naming challenge!?!

EDIT: WAIT! I remembered the purple haired one! Its Rukaroa!

Prizm Daystar

Social Butt
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Honestly, I have no idea what you even did to your project for it to get so jumbled up. However, over here in my thread, I only provide support for my plugins and not RPG Maker MV itself. You need to take this issue to the MV support forums.
I have no idea, either.  I put everything in its proper place for that project and it still doesn't want to play nice with about 8 of your plugins.  However, it was a throwaway project to see if I could actually use (and learn) the plugins at all anyway, so the initial problem may have been that they were out of proper order AT FIRST.  I did rearrange them right in order to fix the problem and it didn't, so...I'll start a fresh project with everything in its order in order to replicate the issue.  If it keeps happening, I'll copy the GameFont issue over to there and see if it gets looked over in that section.

The Subclass one might be something in the database's syntax that I'm missing.  I'm still not sure that I did something wrong, but then again, I did just pop the ClassChangeCore and Subclass into their spots and expect them to simply work when I saw them...for that one, I'll need to look over the tutorial videos and help text for both of those and see if what I need to do is add to the notetags for each class.  That is a step that I didn't get to right away, because I wanted to see if the game would test run without a problem at first.

===

EDIT:  Well.  It turns out the problem really was from haphazard loading at the beginning.  I know better this time around.  Even the Subclass one didn't act up.

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Since I cannot reproduce the error, I'm going to ask you to do the following.

1. Download all the newest updates of the plugin.

2. Create a new project.

3. Install -only- the affected plugins.

4. Recreate the error.

5. Upload the project online (do -not- deploy it).

6. Post the link here and I'll take a look at it.

Thanks for helping!
I made a new project and did nothing other than install those two plugins, and it worked. But then I remembered that the actor I was using to battle test last time didn't use a sideview graphic (since I'm going to use frontview only). So I changed the sideview graphic of the actor I was using to "(None)" in the new project and was able to recreate the issue. Since this is one small change I thought you could try that before I upload. If you still aren't able to recreate it, I'll upload it.

Sera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
This is wonderful news!

I am a bit confused about the timing, though.

For example, I'm not sure if Shop Core will be released on the 25th, the 1st or the 8th.

Ghost of Christmas Kloe

The Icecream Princess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This is wonderful news!

For example, I'm not sure if Shop Core will be released on the 25th, the 1st or the 8th.
Well, I would be surprised at anything released in the 25th but maybe? Anyway, most likely near the back since It was the winner and he said Rows was soon so that only leaves two possible slots for it!

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
This is wonderful news!

Well, I would be surprised at anything released in the 25th but maybe? Anyway, most likely near the back since It was the winner and he said Rows was soon so that only leaves two possible slots for it!
The calendar will go like this:

Buffs & States Core - Dec 25th

Weapon Unleash - Dec 26th

Shop Menu Core - Jan 1st

Row Formation - Jan 2nd

Enhanced TP - Jan 8th

Limited Skill Uses - Jan 9th

Vegnarus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Change that to false.

Change your guard state to Turn Start.

[...]

That's ALL you have to do. 

Every single bit of detail was specified right there in the help file. You just choose to ignore it. I -STRONGLY- recommend you read through everything if you intend to use my plugins. All the options are there for you to customize. If you don't read through it, it just goes to show that I've only wasted my time in writing out this documentation.
Oh, that’s ALL I had to do huh? Well Yanfly, I already tried that and many other things and the same goes for reading your help files (which I didn’t actually have to read in order for you to help out anyway) but you chose to assume that I hadn’t tried on my own and that I hadn’t read your ‘painstakingly’ written documentations.

And then you said that "I just chose to ignore it". Really? Arrogant much? Especially considering how you chose to be rude and paint me as being lazy with that jab. Well, thanks for being a jerk I guess.

Ghost of Christmas Kloe

The Icecream Princess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Oh, that’s ALL I had to do huh? Well Yanfly, I already tried that and many other things and the same goes for reading your help files (which I didn’t actually have to read in order for you to help out anyway) but you chose to assume that I hadn’t tried on my own and that I hadn’t read your ‘painstakingly’ written documentations.

And then you said that "I just chose to ignore it". Really? Arrogant much? Especially considering how you chose to be rude and paint me as being lazy with that jab. Well, thanks for being a jerk I guess.
Hey!! Be nice! Everyone should all be nice! If its not nice, just dont say it ok!  :(  

Being a mean person doesn't help anyone, ok?! I'm sure it's no-ones fault and no-one was trying to be mean, so just relax and have a nice day!  :)

kiriseo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German

Erm... didn't you accuse Yanfly to not, what was it again?

And you didn't specify how one could sync the buffs/debuffs to personal turns so there's that too. 
That's all written in the ‘painstakingly’ documentation, which you claim you have been reading!

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I wanted enemy descriptions so I made a little extension script for Yanfly's Battle Engine Core. A description appears under the name of the enemy when you have selected them. You define the description like this <enemy_desc:This enemy is really strong> as a notetag

I hope to see something like this implemented in one of Yanfly's plugins someday, if not (or in the meantime), here is the extension I made:

desc.jpg

Window_Help.prototype.drawBattler = function(battler) {    var text = battler.name();    var desc = '';    var wx = 0;    var wy = (this.contents.height - this.lineHeight()) / 2;    var descX = 0;    var descY = 0;    if (battler.isEnemy() && $dataEnemies[battler.enemyId()].meta.enemy_desc) {        wy = 0;        descY = (this.contents.height - this.lineHeight());        desc = $dataEnemies[battler.enemyId()].meta.enemy_desc;        this.drawText(desc, descX, descY, this.contents.width, 'center');    }    this.drawText(text, wx, wy, this.contents.width, 'center');};
(Use it as you wish, just make sure to credit Yanfly)

Riff

Eorzean
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I apologise for butting in, but i think Yanfly is as frustrated as you are in not able to reproduce what you are not able to achieve, especially he/she spent extra time taking screenshot to show you the possible parameters that you might have easily missed. And to be fair, a lot of the 'errors' reported are due to the same reasons - using older version of the plugins, wrong order of plugins and/or missed similar parameters, using conflicting non-YEPs that Yanfly dont support and worst of them all - people not reading the long-written help file.

I'll try to be more useful and see if i have the same issue as you later when i get onto my computer. As far as I can recall, I havent encountered any problems with when my states turn count tick. As for now, i hope you find your solution soon. :)

Ghost of Christmas Kloe

The Icecream Princess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I wanted enemy descriptions so I made a little extension script for Yanfly's Battle Engine Core. A description appears under the name of the enemy when you have selected them. You define the description like this <enemy_desc:This enemy is really strong> as a notetag

I hope to see something like this implemented in one of Yanfly's plugins someday, if not (or in the meantime), here is the extension I made:
This is super cool! This should totally be a thing! Great job LolAccount!  BD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Finished that egg-sitting mini-game I mentioned here a couple weeks back. Now to fix the weather system so it doesn't rain indoors while you're playing it. >.> A simple fix in itself; leave it to me to take it as an excuse to completely revamp the time/weather/lighting system from scratch.
I'm really tempting to pre order cyberpunk 2077... should I do it or not :/ I really want to play the game but don't want to take a big hit to my saving because of it
So I need to come up with quite a few action sequences.
Was stressing about this plugin earlier, but pretty happy with how its looking now! Purple makes it pop more too!! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ssven10k