Not open for further replies.

Alexandre

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
It's working for me and I cannot say why it isn't working for you. Go see the General MV Support forum since you cannot update your files properly.
If it is nor the plugin, nor the js files, I wonder what it can be. Sideview, you win this time.

OK, sorry to make you lose your time and to call into question the stability of your wonderful library.

Continue your awesome work!

Yanfly

Developer
Reaction score
Oh, that’s ALL I had to do huh? Well Yanfly, I already tried that and many other things and the same goes for reading your help files (which I didn’t actually have to read in order for you to help out anyway) but you chose to assume that I hadn’t tried on my own and that I hadn’t read your ‘painstakingly’ written documentations.

And then you said that "I just chose to ignore it". Really? Arrogant much? Especially considering how you chose to be rude and paint me as being lazy with that jab. Well, thanks for being a jerk I guess.
Guard state is marked by an icon to show clarity.

That is the very exact thing you're were trying to do. And that was the very exact thing I explained in both the documentation and my posts. Thus leading to my assumption that you haven't tried it out and/or read the documentation.

I wanted enemy descriptions so I made a little extension script for Yanfly's Battle Engine Core. A description appears under the name of the enemy when you have selected them. You define the description like this <enemy_desc:This enemy is really strong> as a notetag

I hope to see something like this implemented in one of Yanfly's plugins someday, if not (or in the meantime), here is the extension I made:

desc.jpg

Window_Help.prototype.drawBattler = function(battler) {    var text = battler.name();    var desc = '';    var wx = 0;    var wy = (this.contents.height - this.lineHeight()) / 2;    var descX = 0;    var descY = 0;    if (battler.isEnemy() && $dataEnemies[battler.enemyId()].meta.enemy_desc) {        wy = 0;        descY = (this.contents.height - this.lineHeight());        desc = $dataEnemies[battler.enemyId()].meta.enemy_desc;        this.drawText(desc, descX, descY, this.contents.width, 'center');    }    this.drawText(text, wx, wy, this.contents.width, 'center');};
(Use it as you wish, just make sure to credit Yanfly)
Ah, nice! Though, I'll actually be using that little spot after for the Buffs & States Core (you'll soon see why next week~).

Ghost of Christmas Kloe

Ghost of a Princess Seagull
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Ah, nice! Though, I'll actually be using that little spot after for the Buffs & States Core (you'll soon see why next week~).
Oooooooh... Its so foreboding but in a good way, if that makes any sence!! (Also I color coded it! I don't know why!)

Sol Rising

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hi yanfly I'm trying to use your battle menu plugin to show the actors faces. For some reason when I use it, it only shows one face and the guages push the rest of the actors off the screen. How do I adjust the settings to show all the actors in the battle menu? There aren't any settings within the plugin itself to adjust the gauges/faces.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yanfly

Developer
Reaction score
Hi yanfly I'm trying to use your battle menu plugin to show the actors faces. For some reason when I use it, it only shows one face and the guages push the rest of the actors off the screen. How do I adjust the settings to show all the actors in the battle menu? There aren't any settings within the plugin itself to adjust the gauges/faces.
I'm not sure what you mean. Post a screenshot? There shouldn't be anything that pushes all the other actors off screen.

jvcscasio

Writer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Trying to use the plugins to make a cane that gets stronger the lower the HP with this:

<Custom Parameters>

atk = 200 + user.paramBase(2) - ( user.paramBase(0) * 0.1 ) ;

</Custom Parameters>

If this works, I may be getting better at this programming stuff...

I also tried to make an axe that increases the attack the lower the agility, using the same idea.

Sol Rising

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I'm not sure what you mean. Post a screenshot? There shouldn't be anything that pushes all the other actors off screen.

figured out the problem, seems to be compatibility issue with another battle hud plugin. Thanks

ZeitZylle

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Hello Yanfly 

(´・ω・`)

I'm really sorry to bother you but since my reply in page 59 has been ignored when you give feedback to the others, I wonder that may be I happen to be rude or anything...? If it was so I really sorry for that. I hope you'll accept my apologies. I'll try figure that out by myself.

Anyway I have another little more problem here. In my test project, Battle Status Window seem not to show a TP Guage ( the 3rd guage ) for some reason.

yep-battlestatus-bugreport.jpg

I think may be it because I set YEP Core Engine to not show TP Guage  before... I've changed my mind after that and reset TP Guage to be shown now. Everything works good but it seem that don't change in Battle Status Window too....

I've tried to look everywhere in plugin manager but didn't find the way. Could you tell me how to fix this? Did I miss something?

------------

EDIT : Solved! OK. I really missed something. It was the system option.  I'm terribly sorry about making this fuss m(_ _)m

Yanfly

Developer
Reaction score
Trying to use the plugins to make a cane that gets stronger the lower the HP with this:

<Custom Parameters>

</Custom Parameters>

If this works, I may be getting better at this programming stuff...

I also tried to make an axe that increases the attack the lower the agility, using the same idea.
Are you making it so it's strictly based off the current HP of the battler? paramBase(2) is the base ATK of the battler while paramBase(0) is the base MaxHP of the battler. :o

Hello Yanfly 

(´・ω・`)

I'm really sorry to bother you but since my reply in page 59 has been ignored when you give feedback to the others, I wonder that may be I happen to be rude or anything...? If it was so I really sorry for that. I hope you'll accept my apologies. I'll try figure that out by myself.

Anyway I have another little more problem here. In my test project, Battle Status Window seem not to show a TP Guage ( the 3rd guage ) for some reason.

yep-battlestatus-bugreport.jpg

I think may be it because I set YEP Core Engine to not show TP Guage  before... I've changed my mind after that and reset TP Guage to be shown now. Everything works good but it seem that don't change in Battle Status Window too....

I've tried to look everywhere in plugin manager but didn't find the way. Could you tell me how to fix this? Did I miss something?

------------

EDIT : Solved! OK. I really missed something. It was the system option.  I'm terribly sorry about making this fuss m(_ _)m
Ah woops! Sometimes I tend to miss things because of the huge number of replies. ;A; Sorry about that. And haha, it's alright. I honestly think there should be more clarity for the things in the system tab. At the time being, it feels like a huge melting pot of options thrown inside it. :/

jvcscasio

Writer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Ok, so,

<Custom Parameters>

</Custom Parameters>

didn't work the way I wanted because user.paramBase(0) is the base HP, not the current in battle HP (for what I understand). Is there a command in the plugin to use the HP left ingame and not the base stat?

(that's the same problem with the agility one, as items that change agility have no effect on the attack value)

EDIT: I was so focused on testing that I didn't notice Yanfly's question right above this post. Anyways, I noticed the problem with the MaxHP != actual HP

kiriseo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Ok, so,

<Custom Parameters>

</Custom Parameters>

didn't work the way I wanted because user.paramBase(0) is the base HP, not the current in battle HP (for what I understand). Is there a command in the plugin to use the HP left ingame and not the base stat?

(that's the same problem with the agility one, as items that change agility have no effect on the attack value)

EDIT: I was so focused on testing that I didn't notice Yanfly's question right above this post. Anyways, I noticed the problem with the MaxHP != actual HP
Why don't you use the already defined property for this?

user.hpThis should give you the current HP.

Or does this somehow conflict with the plugin?

jvcscasio

Writer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Why don't you use the already defined property for this?

user.hpThis should give you the current HP.

Or does this somehow conflict with the plugin?
I didn't use because I didn't know  ;_;

I searched on the documents for the commands I could use, but I guess I'm not good at finding things, anyways, thanks a lot!

EDIT: But still not working...

RangeError: Maximum call stack size exceeded

at Array.map (native)

at Game_Actor.equips (file:///C:/Users/Usuario/Documents/Games/Spaghetti/js/rpg_objects.js:3585:25)

at Game_Actor.equips (file:///C:/Users/Usuario/Documents/Games/Spaghetti/js/plugins/YEP_EquipCore.js:399:43)

at Game_Actor.paramPlus (file:///C:/Users/Usuario/Documents/Games/Spaghetti/js/rpg_objects.js:3835:23)

at Game_Actor.paramPlus (file:///C:/Users/Usuario/Documents/Games/Spaghetti/js/plugins/YEP_EquipCore.js:433:47)

at Game_Actor.Game_BattlerBase.param (file:///C:/Users/Usuario/Documents/Games/Spaghetti/js/rpg_objects.js:2439:48)

at Game_Actor.Object.defineProperties.atk.get (file:///C:/Users/Usuario/Documents/Games/Spaghetti/js/rpg_objects.js:2125:42)

at Game_Actor.eval (eval at <anonymous> (file:///C:/Users/Usuario/Documents/Games/Spaghetti/js/plugins/YEP_EquipCore.js:477:14), <anonymous>:1:17)

at Game_Actor.evalParamPlus (file:///C:/Users/Usuario/Documents/Games/Spaghetti/js/plugins/YEP_EquipCore.js:477:5)

at Game_Actor.paramPlus (file:///C:/Users/Usuario/Documents/Games/Spaghetti/js/plugins/YEP_EquipCore.js:439:21)
I would need a library for these commands, user.hp works, but I'm trying to guess which works for agility, attack and so on...

EDIT2: The command now is 

<Custom Parameters>

atk = user.paramBase(2) * 2000 - user.ag;

</Custom Parameters>

To increase the attack the lower the speed.

But now the attack is always "0"

YEEART

Super Highschool Level...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yanfly, is it possible to make the text appear slower (for the sake of an example, 10 letters per second) using your message core plugin?

Thanks in advance.

kiriseo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
EDIT: But still not working...

RangeError: Maximum call stack size exceeded

at Array.map (native)

at Game_Actor.equips (file:///C:/Users/Usuario/Documents/Games/Spaghetti/js/rpg_objects.js:3585:25)

at Game_Actor.equips (file:///C:/Users/Usuario/Documents/Games/Spaghetti/js/plugins/YEP_EquipCore.js:399:43)

at Game_Actor.paramPlus (file:///C:/Users/Usuario/Documents/Games/Spaghetti/js/rpg_objects.js:3835:23)

at Game_Actor.paramPlus (file:///C:/Users/Usuario/Documents/Games/Spaghetti/js/plugins/YEP_EquipCore.js:433:47)

at Game_Actor.Game_BattlerBase.param (file:///C:/Users/Usuario/Documents/Games/Spaghetti/js/rpg_objects.js:2439:48)

at Game_Actor.Object.defineProperties.atk.get (file:///C:/Users/Usuario/Documents/Games/Spaghetti/js/rpg_objects.js:2125:42)

at Game_Actor.eval (eval at <anonymous> (file:///C:/Users/Usuario/Documents/Games/Spaghetti/js/plugins/YEP_EquipCore.js:477:14), <anonymous>:1:17)

at Game_Actor.evalParamPlus (file:///C:/Users/Usuario/Documents/Games/Spaghetti/js/plugins/YEP_EquipCore.js:477:5)

at Game_Actor.paramPlus (file:///C:/Users/Usuario/Documents/Games/Spaghetti/js/plugins/YEP_EquipCore.js:439:21)
I would need a library for these commands, user.hp works, but I'm trying to guess which works for agility, attack and so on...

EDIT2: The command now is 

atk = 200 + user.at - ( user.hp * 0.1 );

But now the attack is always "0"
I tried this formula to increase atk for ever 10 HP lost.

atk = 200 + (user.mhp - user.hp)*0.1;But I got the same error as you.

When I run it inside my browser I get the error message: "too much recursion".

This happened because of the user.mhp but I don't exactly know why.

In case of your second edit:

atk = 200 + user.at - ( user.hp * 0.1 );user.at is meant to be the attack?

Then you have to use

atk = 200 + user.atk - (user.hp * 0.1);Here's a list of all the properties.

// Hit Pointshp// Magic Pointsmp// Tactical Pointstp// Maximum Hit Pointsmhp// Maximum Magic Pointsmmp// Attack Poweratk// Defense Powerdef// Magic Attack Powermat// Magic Defense Powermdf// Agilityagi// Luckluk// Hit Ratehit// Evasion Rateeva// Critical Ratecri// Critical Evasion Ratecev// Magic Evasion Ratemev// Magic Reflection Ratemrf// Counter attack Ratecnt// Hp Regeneration Ratehrg// Mp Regeneration Ratemrg// Tp Regeneration Ratetrg// Target Ratetgr// Guard effect Rategrd// Recovery effect Raterec// Pharmacologypha// Mp Cost Ratemcr// Tp Charge Ratetcr// Physical Damage Ratepdr// Magical Damage Ratemdr// Floor Damage Ratefdr// Experience RateexrI don't know if you can use all of them with this plugin.

Black Noise

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Excuse me.

For the ATB system, is it possible to set different formulas for charging skills?

Because what I have in mind is that for Physical attacks, the charging speed is determined by the user's Dexterity (A custom stat of mine)

while the charging speed for Magical attacks are influenced by another custom stat I made.

Thanks.

jvcscasio

Writer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
I tried this formula to increase atk for ever 10 HP lost.

atk = 200 + (user.mhp - user.hp)*0.1;But I got the same error as you.

When I run it inside my browser I get the error message: "too much recursion".

This happened because of the user.mhp but I don't exactly know why.

In case of your second edit:

atk = 200 + user.at - ( user.hp * 0.1 );user.at is meant to be the attack?

Then you have to use

atk = 200 + user.atk - (user.hp * 0.1);Here's a list of all the properties.

*snip*I don't know if you can use all of them with this plugin.
user.atk won't work, but user.at works...

Uptill now what I manage to work was on this attack that increases the less HP the user has. worked pretty well with the mage:

<Custom Parameters>

atk = user.paramBase(2) * ( 1000 / user.hp );

mat = user.paramBase(4) * ( 1000 / user.hp );

</Custom Parameters>

This way when the HP is 300, the atk is * 3, when it's 200 it's * 5 and when it's 100 it's *10. It gets as powerful as I wanted for an ultimate weapon.

Now I'll dive into the agility one, in which user.agi doesn't work either...

EDIT: Better use:

<Custom Parameters>

atk = user.paramBase(2) * ( user.paramBase(0) / user.hp );

mat = user.paramBase(4) * ( user.paramBase(0) / user.hp );

</Custom Parameters>

To ensure that a level 99 character with 4000 HP on get a lower attack just because the total HP goes over the 1000 defined before: (1000/4000 = 0.25) 

Now a character with 4000 HP gets a modifier of "1", which will be the minimum...

Ghost of Christmas Kloe

Ghost of a Princess Seagull
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Excuse me.

For the ATB system, is it possible to set different formulas for charging skills?

Because what I have in mind is that for Physical attacks, the charging speed is determined by the user's Dexterity (A custom stat of mine)

while the charging speed for Magical attacks are influenced by another custom stat I made.

Thanks.
I would like to ask a similar thing but is it possible to define a skill's charge speed e.g Flame takes 200% as long as normal to charge because it has <ATBCHARGESET: 2> in it. I dont mean it makes the current charge go up or down but makes that skill take longer/shorter, which would help to balance out skills?

Would either mine or Noise's request be possible / is already possible?

kiriseo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
user.atk won't work, but user.at works...

Uptill now what I manage to work was on this attack that increases the less HP the user has. worked pretty well with the mage:

<Custom Parameters>

atk = user.paramBase(2) * ( 1000 / user.hp );

mat = user.paramBase(4) * ( 1000 / user.hp );

</Custom Parameters>

This way when the HP is 300, the atk is * 3, when it's 200 it's * 5 and when it's 100 it's *10. It gets as powerful as I wanted for an ultimate weapon.

Now I'll dive into the agility one, in which user.agi doesn't work either...
If you use user.at it wont crash, but it doesn't work either.

I have a sword with the following tag

<Custom Parameters>atk = 200 + user.at;</Custom Parameters>And this is how the Attack of the actor looks after equipping it.

I tested it a few moments ago with the properties, and you can't use any of those except user.hp, user.mp, and user.tp here.

For the other eight parameters (MaxHp, MaxMp, Atk, Def, Mat, Mdf, Agi, Luk) you have to use user.paramBase(ID).

For agility, try user.paramBase(7).

jvcscasio

Writer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
If you use user.at it wont crash, but it doesn't work either.

I have a sword with the following tag

<Custom Parameters>atk = 200 + user.at;</Custom Parameters>And this is how the Attack of the actor looks after equipping it.

I tested it a few moments ago with the properties, and you can't use any of those except user.hp, user.mp, and user.tp here.

For the other eight parameters (MaxHp, MaxMp, Atk, Def, Mat, Mdf, Agi, Luk) you have to use user.paramBase(ID).

For agility, try user.paramBase(7).
That was the first thing I tried, the problem is, user.paramBase(7), and I tried user.paramBase(6) too, aren't taking into consideration the equippment. I have a heavy helmet that decreases the agility, and only that, for testing purposes. But it ends up making no difference into the damage. That's why i was seraching fo a different command that returned the actual agility instead of the base agility.

The command is now:

<Custom Parameters>

atk = user.paramBase(2) * ( 200 / user.paramBase(7) );

</Custom Parameters>

On level 50 the attack will always be 487 no matter if the speed is 73 or 13 (with the helmet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My first attempt at Pixel Art :blink::) (I have no idea what I'm doing but I'm doing it)
Plugin instructions: *exists*
Plugin: What did he say? *error*
I feel like it's about time I share all the result of my experiment project here. But there's a lot of it.
Me and brother have an ongoing rivalry. We constantly fight for the High Score in Galaga on our arcade cabinet. Today I take back the top with 239,000. He'll be back. (No-Fire glitch is banned)
Made Custom ENEMY Information Screen

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChrisCKC