Status
Not open for further replies.

nihnoz

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Yanfly, one thing I've noticed: The <Info Text Bottom> tags from Item Core are GREAT for displaying information on equipment traits like hit rate, element rate, speed boosts, or weird note-tag properties, but there's no simple way to make them show up on the equip scene as far as I can tell. It makes displaying equipment traits with the Info Text Bottom tag kind of a wash, since it's not easily accessible from the equipment scene. Most players wouldn't think to put their cursor over equipment in the item menus, either, I don't think.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
I'm having trouble with the animation part of the skills.

When creating an animation, sometimes I forget or don't know a step in that particular animation that ruins the attack effects.

What part of the attack do you guys change for battle animation (Like, action setup or target action) for an attack to make it unique and fun, without touching on the damage, times of the action etc. (I want to remove hub, focus on characters and move them without retyping everything the system programs).

Edit: Using the buff core, the passive states (that I want to show inbattle) appear as NaN in the place of a number of turns, is there a way to change this to, like, an infinite symbol or just hide it?
Animations as in the action sequences? For that, there's actually an entire thread dedicated to make them unique and such :D

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/46691-pre-made-yanflys-action-sequence-sharing-and-discussions/

As for the passive states, are you using my Auto Passive States? Because I don't see them having any turns shown up at all.

Yanfly, one thing I've noticed: The <Info Text Bottom> tags from Item Core are GREAT for displaying information on equipment traits like hit rate, element rate, speed boosts, or weird note-tag properties, but there's no simple way to make them show up on the equip scene as far as I can tell. It makes displaying equipment traits with the Info Text Bottom tag kind of a wash, since it's not easily accessible from the equipment scene. Most players wouldn't think to put their cursor over equipment in the item menus, either, I don't think.
I'm thinking about making an extension plugin for people who use both the Item Core and Equip Core to tab windows in showing the Item Info Window and the Item Parameter Window. Just gotta get around to it with what little time I have. x_x

jvcscasio

Writer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Animations as in the action sequences? For that, there's actually an entire thread dedicated to make them unique and such :D

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/46691-pre-made-yanflys-action-sequence-sharing-and-discussions/

As for the passive states, are you using my Auto Passive States? Because I don't see them having any turns shown up at all.

I'm thinking about making an extension plugin for people who use both the Item Core and Equip Core to tab windows in showing the Item Info Window and the Item Parameter Window. Just gotta get around to it with what little time I have. x_x
Thanks for the link.

Here's it.

Screen Shot 2015-12-28 at 1.29.35 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-12-28 at 1.29.15 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-12-28 at 1.30.41 PM.png

The problem seems to be giving it an auto-removal timing.

Removing it would make the NaN disappear. But I want to create items that can turn normal states into passive states, like the lunk enchantment here. (some attacks give the lucky state for a time while the enchantment gives it permanently)

Last edited by a moderator:

sheeeeeeets

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
I have yet to delve deep into the newest RPGMaker, but I did make the purchase.  I just want to thank you in advance for all the hard work you put into this Yanfly.  You are such a great contributor, and I wish you the best man.  Fun browsing your plugins to see what your coming out with next, so I can see what will/won't fit in my game.

Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

Rexxon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
WooHoo! A new week, and a brand new plug-in voting poll!

I hope everyone had a great holiday weekend. :D

As always, I choose all the plug-in's, because they are ALL really good. But as I order this week, I can only say that I highly wish we could get some of these REALLY sooner, because some of those new entries are REALLY wanted and good!

The order of the poll for me is:  Item Synthesis, Multiple Currencies, Steal & Snatch, Aftermath Level Up, Random Skill Effects, Skill Cost Gold, Party-Limit Gauge, Absorption Barrier, Item Durability,  Event Chase Stealth,  Battle Face Reactions,  Button Common Events.

A HUGE thank-you to Yanfly and all of his fellow RPG Maker programmers for everything they do for the community. I am sure we are all grateful for these wonderful scripts and resources. Have fun voting, everyone, and thank you for your time!

Silenity

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Wooh!

If Item Synthesis wins I hope to see some awesome features!

Crafting is so fun idk why. >_<

Would love to see a build in break down component. To get back some materials you put in or obscure materials from breaking it down similar to FO4.

Val

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Français
Primarily Uses
Hi all 

I have a question for Yanfly or all the user of his great Yanfly ATB Active time Battle Plugins.

Can someone help me to set up a skills that take really long time to charge and release in battle? Waht notetag should I use to make it? 

Because I want to make a skills so long to cast that people can interupt it with special ability.

Can someone help me on that please :)

thank you! And continue your great work Yanfly your my hero! 

Fernyfer775

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@Val:  You change the "Speed" of the ability within the database: (-2000) for example. If you want it to take longer than that, then you add the "speed" note-tag into the skill itself...but the note-tag escapes my memory at the moment...I'm fairly certain it's within the plugin information itself.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Hi there :) So apologies if either of those questions have been asked/answered already:

1) I noticed in the tutorial video for the Buff and States core that Yanfly's enemies had the 'animation' for being silenced rather that just the icon box over their heads. Is this a plugin or notetag thing?

2) with the animated SV enemies plugin is there a way to make an enemy stop breathing/floating etc if it gets hit with a spell like paralyze for example?

Thank you

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Hi there :) So apologies if either of those questions have been asked/answered already:

1) I noticed in the tutorial video for the Buff and States core that Yanfly's enemies had the 'animation' for being silenced rather that just the icon box over their heads. Is this a plugin or notetag thing?

2) with the animated SV enemies plugin is there a way to make an enemy stop breathing/floating etc if it gets hit with a spell like paralyze for example?

Thank you
1. That's applied only for animated SV enemies since they get all the overlays that actors do. :)

2. There isn't a way yet. :(

Val

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Français
Primarily Uses
It'd be the <Speed: +x> and  <Speed: -x> notetags. :)
Bad news, I tried many notetag on my skill

<ATB Speed: -1500%>

<ATB Gauge: -9000>

<ATB Gauge: -5000%>

<Speed: -3000%>

<ATB Charge: -500%>

I tried to drop the speed of invocation -2000

Tried to turn to false the rubberbanding of the ATB and nop :( I can't have an attack that take like more then 3-4 seconds to charge.

Is there other param I should look into the ATB Plugins? Because If I try to higher the value for the charge, everything is slower. But I just want to create an attack that take like 1 minute to charge.

is this a bug? or another param I don't understand.

Thank for all your help!  

Fernyfer775

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
<Speed: -3000%> Try taking out the "%" sign maybe?

You might want to disable "rubberbanding" as well, which will make sure a player's speed stays within a certain parameter compared to other battlers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Val

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Français
Primarily Uses
I tried to the % on the Speed Notetag and I have done test with the "rubberbanding" disable as well and nop... the attack still charge in 4-5 seconds.

I don't know what wrong on my side :(

Are you able to do an attack very long to charge on your project? 

thx!

Fernyfer775

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I was using the ATB but I found the balancing for it to be far too meticulous for my liking, so I swapped back to DTB where I have much more control over the battles in my game. :X I just stalk Yanfly's plug-ins and play around with them a lot, even when I don't use them in my project!

gRaViJa

Eniko Ghosts of Grace Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There's the rubberband parameter to help balancing everything.

Also Yanfly, I for one am happy you have chosen limited skill uses as your personal choice. I'm definitely gonna use that one in my project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Happy Friday, y'all! I just got home from work and am sitting down with a nice cider, and I'm ready to chill and enjoy myself. Not sure if I'm gonna dive into any of my game-related projects or not tonight.... we'll see how I feel after unwinding for a bit I guess!
Just found out that mint tea made from chocolate mint tastes a bit like hot cocoa with candy cane stirred in. As I'm allergic to chocolate this makes me very happy.
It's special day for me tomorrow so time to vanish for 24 hours lol.
So Deltarune Chapter 2 is supposed to release today... if it's out already, has anyone played it? And I can't because I have a stinking Mac and not a Windows PC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coffeeandyteevee