Not open for further replies.

Lionheart_84

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Higher agility means the gauge fills up faster.

Speed modifiers for the skills affect the amount of charging needed to be done after selecting an input. Negative speed in the skill tab of the database would mean the skill requires more charging while positive speed means less charging. To make it more simple:

Firebolt - A fast spell that requires less time to charge - It would have a speed of say, +1000. When the player selects Firebolt to use, the actor's charge time would be considerably less than an actor who choose a regular attack with +0 speed modifier.

Firaga - A very slow but heavy damaging spell - It would have a speed of -1000. When the player selects Firaga to use, the actor's charge time would be considerably more than an actor who choose a regular attack with +0 speed modifier.

I set the speed in the data ... but the speed is still the same... That is to Firebolt with Firaga ...

Jenza

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
The ATB system really looks amazing!

One question, how does the system interact with conditional turn events? 

For example I want to create a tutoral system that introduces new moves each turn or so, how would that work with the ATB?

RedAkerston

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I'm getting a type error:

Cannot read 'call' of undefined.

Probably something really simple i'm missing...

But also THANKS!

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Make sure you guys have the updated Battle Engine Core to use this!

YEEART

Super Highschool Level...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
dat atb, i like it

it's agi dependant tho, isn't it?

SOC

Be your own hero
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I updated your plugin but it deleted all plugin manager stuff and is blank and not working now. :(

EDIT:

Never mind, I did something wrong. I fixed it now haha. Sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jenza

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Make sure you guys have the updated Battle Engine Core to use this!
Ah that fixed it! do you have any suggestions about my earlier post?

Also it seems that using a Force Action command the moment the battle begins seems to freeze the attack bars

Kryodo

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Hey Yanfly,

would you mind to help with the screen resolution?

When I type in my resolution which is 1920x1080, the window itself will resize but not the tiles like in

the tutorial you did.

Am I doing something wrong?

This is how it looks like:

http://i.imgur.com/7FF4Sbm.png

I would be thankful for any advice.

gRaViJa

Eniko Ghosts of Grace Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey Yanfly,

When I type in my resolution which is 1920x1080, the window itself will resize but not the tiles like in

the tutorial you did.

Changing the dimensions doesn't resize the tiles, it extends the field of view. To get rid of the black space you simply have to enlarge your map size. Also, in my opinion, 1920x1080 looks hideous for an rtp game.

Kryodo

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Thanks for the quick response and help.

And yes I know that this resolution does not look so good I just

took it for testing purpose.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Ah that fixed it! do you have any suggestions about my earlier post?

Also it seems that using a Force Action command the moment the battle begins seems to freeze the attack bars
I can't seem to replicate this. Are you able to upload your project (do not deploy) somewhere online and let me download it to see what's going on?

Hey Yanfly,

the tutorial you did.

The screen resolution change doesn't increase the size of your tiles. If you're getting the black bars, that's because your map is smaller than the screen. Increase the size of your map from 17x13 to something like 30x30 and you'll see a difference.

Fernyfer775

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
What exactly does this mean?

Math.max(5000, BattleManager.highestBaseAgi() * 100)I'm not good with scripting, but I'm trying to figure out a way to make the ATB not fill up horribly slow at level 1, but too fast at like lvl 30, and I'm using pretty low AGI numbers in my game.

What would I need to adjust to make it fairly equal fill times at level 1 and level 30 for example, while keeping AGI relatively low the whole game.

MikePjr

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The battle core is a pain in the butt.

Any script that is used to customize the windows in battle has trouble cause of the battle core.

I wanna use the battle core, but not with it messing with the enemy window like it does.

I was trying to make the enemy window stick around throughout the battle, but i just can't unless i turn your battle core off or remove it totally.

And there is a plugin here in the forums for customizing all those windows in the battles but can't cause of the same issue i'm having.

There's gotta be a way to use your battle core without it messing with the windows.

Luth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The ATB plugin is awesome (that's my favorite battle system), but would you mind creating an option to allow the maker to chose between :

-Active (Doesn't pause when selecting an ability)

-Semi-active  (Do pause when selecting an ability)

PS : I don't know if you guys played FFIX, but there was a trick to gain extra HP regen in battle : The time did pause when selecting an ability, but it DIDNT when there was an ability being used. So the poison and HP regen statuts actually dealt/healed every x seconds. Since summoning an eidolon had a very long animation, you could abuse it :)

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
What exactly does this mean?

Math.max(5000, BattleManager.highestBaseAgi() * 100)I'm not good with scripting, but I'm trying to figure out a way to make the ATB not fill up horribly slow at level 1, but too fast at like lvl 30, and I'm using pretty low AGI numbers in my game.

What would I need to adjust to make it fairly equal fill times at level 1 and level 30 for example, while keeping AGI relatively low the whole game.
The math there is to determine what's the "gauge width" your battlers need to reach before getting a turn. Basically, it will take either the highest AGI of the battle (enemies and actors) and multiply it by 100 or take 5000, whichever is largest. This means, as your battlers grow in AGI, the gauge will grow, too. To adjust it, what I can recommend is set it from 5000 to whatever is the the lowest AGI you have times 100 for the best effect.

The battle core is a pain in the butt.

Any script that is used to customize the windows in battle has trouble cause of the battle core.

I wanna use the battle core, but not with it messing with the enemy window like it does.

I was trying to make the enemy window stick around throughout the battle, but i just can't unless i turn your battle core off or remove it totally.

And there is a plugin here in the forums for customizing all those windows in the battles but can't cause of the same issue i'm having.

There's gotta be a way to use your battle core without it messing with the windows.

Any script that is made to customize battle windows should be placed under the Battle Core. For the most part, aside from the enemy window and the movement of the skill/item windows, none of the other window properties have been tampered with. However, if you take a look at the plugin's parameter settings, you should notice that you're able to disable each and every single one of these changes and basically revert the entire battle system to default. I strongly suggest you look at all the plugin's options before saying something like "there's gotta be a way to use your battle core without it messing with the windows".

The ATB plugin is awesome (that's my favorite battle system), but would you mind creating an option to allow the maker to chose between :

Thanks  :)

PS : I don't know if you guys played FFIX, but there was a trick to gain extra HP regen in battle : The time did pause when selecting an ability, but it DIDNT when there was an ability being used. So the poison and HP regen statuts actually dealt/healed every x seconds. Since summoning an eidolon had a very long animation, you could abuse it  :)

For this, I'll go ahead and link my response I made here. To cut it short, I can do it, but it'd have two results as of now: 1) rewrite the way to do it and break compatibility with other plugins made by other people or 2) don't include it and maintain compatibility with plugins made by other people. I opted for 2 until I can figure out a solution.

Also, that FFIX trick won't work here. :p I made sure that battle ticks won't occur while actions are taking place.

a6p

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English

PS : I don't know if you guys played FFIX, but there was a trick to gain extra HP regen in battle : The time did pause when selecting an ability, but it DIDNT when there was an ability being used. So the poison and HP regen statuts actually dealt/healed every x seconds. Since summoning an eidolon had a very long animation, you could abuse it :)
To add to that, an option where the ATB still fills during an animation, separate from active/semi-active? Kinda like FF6's system (which ff9's was based off of).

Riff

Eorzean
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello, Yanfly! Thanks for the awesome plug-ins!

For the ATB, may I suggest a way to control the charging rate of skills? Perhaps with some sort of % notetags?

Maybe <Charge_Rate: 200%> in a skill (or item?) that requires doubled charging time? And <Charge_Rate: 0%> will make the skill require no charging. :)

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Hello, Yanfly! Thanks for the awesome plug-ins!

For the ATB, may I suggest a way to control the charging rate of skills? Perhaps with some sort of % notetags?

Maybe <Charge_Rate: 200%> in a skill (or item?) that requires doubled charging time? And <Charge_Rate: 0%> will make the skill require no charging. :)
The charge rate of skills/items are done relative to the Speed stat of the skill/item. Skills with higher speeds take less time to charge while skills with less speed (under zero) take longer. There's been an update to the Battle Engine Core that lets you break past the speed limit of the editor, too.

MikePjr

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I strongly suggest you look at all the plugin's options before saying something like "there's gotta be a way to use your battle core without it messing with the windows".

What i did is not a script, it's a modification to the scenes script.

I can't wrap my brain around plugin creation.

I basically tell the enemy window not to hide.

-edit-

Okay i turned it off in your plugin, and guess what?

It still causes the game to freeze when i make my changes to show the enemy window at all times.

So, what now?

To keep the enemy list window showing at all times i basically do this.

Window_BattleEnemy.prototype.initialize = function(x, y) { this._enemies = []; var width = this.windowWidth(); var height = this.windowHeight(); Window_Selectable.prototype.initialize.call(this, x, y, width, height); this.refresh(); this.show();};Where it says this.show, it usually says this.hide.

Scene_Battle.prototype.onEnemyOk = function() { var action = BattleManager.inputtingAction(); action.setTarget(this._enemyWindow.enemyIndex()); this._enemyWindow.show(); this._skillWindow.hide(); this._itemWindow.hide(); this.selectNextCommand();};Scene_Battle.prototype.onEnemyCancel = function() { this._enemyWindow.show(); switch (this._actorCommandWindow.currentSymbol()) { case 'attack': this._actorCommandWindow.activate(); break; case 'skill': this._skillWindow.show(); this._skillWindow.activate(); break; case 'item': this._itemWindow.show(); this._itemWindow.activate(); break; }};this._enemyWindow.show(); is usually this._enemyWindow.hide();

So, with those changes in place, if i don't have your battleenginecore turned on or is not isntalled, it does EXACTLY what i want it to do man, but if i try and use your battleenginecore, the game wants to freeze and do nothing after the first round of attacks.

Again man, i turned it off in the plugins like you mentioned... So.. what in the world?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Imagine having a game broken up into a whole bunch of chapters? Like Chapter 11 should be about the party members going bankrupt.
Over 1/4th of the calendars are already out :eek: Have you already put something to a good use?
Where would you go if you're looking to hire someone on here? I'm in need of a writer to take my story concept and turn it into npcs/dialog in my game.
Evening humans! How goes the game make?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiricoMino