Naveed

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello!!! How do you create a skills "Jump" as the Dragoons of Final Fantasy ???

Notetag that I set ???

There is no way to do this yet with my plugins.

Um... I think it could be possible using action sequences and the Buffs and States core. I almost got it working, I just lack some specific JS codes.

What I did was create two identical skills, I'll call them Jump 1 and Jump 2 to avoid confusion. I also made a state "Jump State".

The actor uses the skill Jump 1. Using the action sequences, I set the actor to jump above the screen, set his opacity to 0, then perform finish and end the sequence there. Jump 1 also adds the state "Jump State" which gives the actor a 0% target rate and makes him not able to attack. The state lasts one turn. I then used the <custom leave effect> notetag to force the actor to execute the skill "Jump 2" upon expiry of the state (ie after one turn). The Jump 2 skill has the sequence commands to execute the rest of the skill, jumping on to the enemy, dealing damage etc.

(Jump 1 and Jump 2 would both have the name "Jump" so the player wouldn't know that they are two different skills)

The only problem is, I need to record the user's actor's id/ party index and the  target's troop index in variables so that when using the force action command, I can use the variables to accurately select the actor that used the skill and the enemy that was selected when using "Jump 1". 

I tested it and it worked, but its still very delicate and could result in flaws/ bugs in the long run, not sure. Yanfly, if you could tell me if there's anything wrong in this method, that would be of great help ^_^.

SweetieAshe

RM2k3 Old Guard
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm actually very curious about the "Passive" cost that was on Harold's skill list during the video! Is that something you can do with the plug-ins you have available now or is that something coming soon?

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Um... I think it could be possible using action sequences and the Buffs and States core. I almost got it working, I just lack some specific JS codes.

What I did was create two identical skills, I'll call them Jump 1 and Jump 2 to avoid confusion. I also made a state "Jump State".

The actor uses the skill Jump 1. Using the action sequences, I set the actor to jump above the screen, set his opacity to 0, then perform finish and end the sequence there. Jump 1 also adds the state "Jump State" which gives the actor a 0% target rate and makes him not able to attack. The state lasts one turn. I then used the <custom leave effect> notetag to force the actor to execute the skill "Jump 2" upon expiry of the state (ie after one turn). The Jump 2 skill has the sequence commands to execute the rest of the skill, jumping on to the enemy, dealing damage etc.

(Jump 1 and Jump 2 would both have the name "Jump" so the player wouldn't know that they are two different skills)

The only problem is, I need to record the user's actor's id/ party index and the  target's troop index in variables so that when using the force action command, I can use the variables to accurately select the actor that used the skill and the enemy that was selected when using "Jump 1". 

I tested it and it worked, but its still very delicate and could result in flaws/ bugs in the long run, not sure. Yanfly, if you could tell me if there's anything wrong in this method, that would be of great help ^_^.
The issue here would be if someone were to use the Battle AI Core where they bypass the targeting aspect. It'd make the jumping user targetable.

I'm actually very curious about the "Passive" cost that was on Harold's skill list during the video! Is that something you can do with the plug-ins you have available now or is that something coming soon?
It's doable using Auto Passive States. The Passive text was just something added on with Lunatic Mode from Skill Core.

Ghost of Christmas Kloe

The Icecream Princess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I want to just express my appreciation for Enhanced TP and More TP Modes quickly! They are really high in customisability and in the amount you can do with them!  I've had lots of ideas, so I wanna share them with you guys!

Also note that these can be currently done with this plugin alone, exept for the crafting stuff one, which we hav to wait a while to try!

Without further ado, Here they are:​
  • Now we have More TP Modes, You can make 20-30 different normal Tp Modes, then make 3-5 different upgrades for each, because now with space for 100, it makes that possible, so you could have “Tactician” then “Expert Tactician” then “Legendary Tactician” each with more and more Max TP and each gaining more TP per thing that gains them TP!
  • Also, since we now have more slots, and because of the amazing customisability of the plugin, you can even make TP Modes that branch out and have mixed ones like “Stoic Tactician” or “Victorious Healer” to cover all play styles and situations!
  • Finally, you can have side-quests which unlock each one, and maybe even special items that you can make (using the upcoming Yanfly Synthesis) which could gain you a TP Mode!!
These are all my main idea for uses of Enhanced TP and More TP Modes but the possibilities are endless, so, Thank you Yanfly for this amazing Plugin(s)!

Leetstuff

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Hey YanFly, I'm trying to create a state that sometimes allows the character to move and sometimes doesn't, using your BuffsStatesCore. This is what I have so far:

<Custom Turn Start Effect>

var x = Math.floor(Math.random()*100) + 1

if (x >= 25 ) {

user.addState(15);

}

</Custom Turn Start Effect>

State 15 is simply a "Cannot Move" State that is auto-removed at turn end.

The problem I'm currently having is that, when the state is added, there's no prompt warning that the character cannot move and the enemy attacks automatically first. Right before the turn ends, the state persistence message is shown. The problem with that is the order of actions, I'd like to have the "Cannot move" state appearing before the enemy attack.

Is there a command for "Cannot Move" or force action "Wait"? That way I don't have to use another state.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Hey all, so i need help re the row formation plugin, I've done some messing myself with little luck. I've got 2 rows (a front and a back) but rather that row 2 stood directly behind row 1 I want more of a FF setup with all the actors in a line with the second row stood just back. I'm gessing if it can be done it has something to do with the row's X and Y position but I wouldn't begin to know the values for changing them

KlausAidon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@yanfly
I got really excited when I saw the Enhanced TP script, but than disappointed when it lacked a feature I REALLY need. I want to make my character's TP act kinda like energy does in World of Warcraft, where he rapidly regains TP quickly between turns. However the problem I'm having with this, is I want him to quickly regain TP OUTSIDE of battle as well, as I want to make some abilities that he can use outside of battle use up energy, limiting how much he can use them. I can preserve TP, and make him regain TP outside of battle, but the default way MV does this is kinda weird. It takes a few steps before the regain kicks in. So if I set it to recover, say, %10 of his TP, it will actually take a really long time to refill. I could speed this up by setting it to, say, %25, or %35. But than he's gaining HUGE chunks every few steps, instead of gaining a little TP every step. I'd like for him to regain, like, %5 every step he takes, but I can't quite get this to work. I was hoping your Enhanced TP system would have an option for this, but it doesn't.

OutsiderRazed

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
With the latest CTB and Battle Engine updates I'm running into a couple issues - wanted to see if anyone else had encountered these, as it might be user error :)

1) The Invocation modifiers no longer seem to be respected during the fights.  In previous versions I had a speed of <Speed: -3000> that normally would drop a character's turn order by about 2.  When I use the ability now, it reflects it on the CTB Counter (my actor moves back about 2 places) but then after confirming the command, it executes immediately.

2) One particular Troop where an enemy escapes now causes a lock in combat where it didn't before.  Process is:

a) Enemy Wizard always uses the Portal skill on Turn 2.  The portal is a User skill, so the enemy casts it on himself, and it triggers a Common Event.  The common event causes 3 other Enemies to Appear, then does a Force Action to immediately make the Wizard cast Escape on Last Target (which is himself, since he used Portal on himself previously).  Everything progresses, but then the game will not progress to the next actor's turn.

Any thoughts on either one would be much appreciated.  As I said, could just be my own setup causing issues.  Thanks in advance!

Ekanselttar

It's Finally Happening
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
I need some help with the Gab Window plugin.

Can we make a Gab Window display forever? Because I'm planning to use this as an objective reminder window.

Lionheart_84

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Attack and Guard skills do not trigger cast animations as per the code. Replace Attack and Replace Guard skills also count as attack and guard skills, so they do not trigger cast animations. This is working as intended. If you wish to make it play an animation, you'll have to do it with an action sequence using the ANIMATION X sequence.

This hasn't been implemented yet, but I can look into that in the future.

There is no way to do this yet with my plugins.

Ah, I see ... ok ;)   ;)   ;)  

... and if I wanted to make an attack with thrown jump ???  :D   :D   :D

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Hey YanFly, I'm trying to create a state that sometimes allows the character to move and sometimes doesn't, using your BuffsStatesCore. This is what I have so far:

<Custom Turn Start Effect>

var x = Math.floor(Math.random()*100) + 1

if (x >= 25 ) {

user.addState(15);

}

</Custom Turn Start Effect>

State 15 is simply a "Cannot Move" State that is auto-removed at turn end.

The problem I'm currently having is that, when the state is added, there's no prompt warning that the character cannot move and the enemy attacks automatically first. Right before the turn ends, the state persistence message is shown. The problem with that is the order of actions, I'd like to have the "Cannot move" state appearing before the enemy attack.

Is there a command for "Cannot Move" or force action "Wait"? That way I don't have to use another state.
Is this supposed to mimic a paralysis effect? Because if it is, you're better off using the "Numb state" plugin that was included with the MV starter pack.

Hey all, so i need help re the row formation plugin, I've done some messing myself with little luck. I've got 2 rows (a front and a back) but rather that row 2 stood directly behind row 1 I want more of a FF setup with all the actors in a line with the second row stood just back. I'm gessing if it can be done it has something to do with the row's X and Y position but I wouldn't begin to know the values for changing them
The members in row 2 already just stand behind row 1 by default. There is nothing needed to change.

@yanfly

I got really excited when I saw the Enhanced TP script, but than disappointed when it lacked a feature I REALLY need. I want to make my character's TP act kinda like energy does in World of Warcraft, where he rapidly regains TP quickly between turns. However the problem I'm having with this, is I want him to quickly regain TP OUTSIDE of battle as well, as I want to make some abilities that he can use outside of battle use up energy, limiting how much he can use them. I can preserve TP, and make him regain TP outside of battle, but the default way MV does this is kinda weird. It takes a few steps before the regain kicks in. So if I set it to recover, say, %10 of his TP, it will actually take a really long time to refill. I could speed this up by setting it to, say, %25, or %35. But than he's gaining HUGE chunks every few steps, instead of gaining a little TP every step. I'd like for him to regain, like, %5 every step he takes, but I can't quite get this to work. I was hoping your Enhanced TP system would have an option for this, but it doesn't.
That's not what the Enhanced TP plugin does. As this thread isn't made for taking requests and is for support purposes only, I would recommend you go to the Request Forum to make this request: http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/forum/136-js-plugin-requests/

I need some help with the Gab Window plugin.

Can we make a Gab Window display forever? Because I'm planning to use this as an objective reminder window.
The Gab Window is automatically timed to end. It is not meant linger on the screen as it's made for conversation purposes.

Zakary93

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You have directional lock on your tiles. Place multiple layers on them. The allowed restrictions allow you to move into them, but the they are still bound by the rules of the non-restricted regions which means you need tiles on them, too.

If you're familiar with JavaScript, you can use the Critical Control plugin to detect which actor is attacking and play the proper common event in reference to which actor is attacking.

Yeah, for the best effect, it'd be best to have them 1 pixel above. If I remember right, Golden Sun had them on a slight slant, too.

Spells and animation graphics rules are actually unchanged by YEP. By default, they are always played on top of the battlers due to how priority rulings work for Pixi. To replicate Golden Sun's system, you'll have to be revamping the Spriteset_Battle.
Yeah, i'm not great at Javascript although I can understand it, MV's library it confuses me greatly and the documentation is not layed out as well as Ace was when i had to learn a bit of Ruby to get by with editing and writing. :( . This is not a request thread though so I will not request anyone here to write it for me. Any other ways?

Leetstuff

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Is this supposed to mimic a paralysis effect? Because if it is, you're better off using the "Numb state" plugin that was included with the MV starter pack.
It is one of the purposes. The NumbState plugin not only is too simple for what I'm intending, it's also not working with my current set of plugins (does that count as a bug report? It's definitely one of yours, since I'm only using them).

OutsiderRazed

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
With the latest CTB and Battle Engine updates I'm running into a couple issues - wanted to see if anyone else had encountered these, as it might be user error :)

1) The Invocation modifiers no longer seem to be respected during the fights.  In previous versions I had a speed of <Speed: -3000> that normally would drop a character's turn order by about 2.  When I use the ability now, it reflects it on the CTB Counter (my actor moves back about 2 places) but then after confirming the command, it executes immediately.

2) One particular Troop where an enemy escapes now causes a lock in combat where it didn't before.  Process is:

a) Enemy Wizard always uses the Portal skill on Turn 2.  The portal is a User skill, so the enemy casts it on himself, and it triggers a Common Event.  The common event causes 3 other Enemies to Appear, then does a Force Action to immediately make the Wizard cast Escape on Last Target (which is himself, since he used Portal on himself previously).  Everything progresses, but then the game will not progress to the next actor's turn.

Any thoughts on either one would be much appreciated.  As I said, could just be my own setup causing issues.  Thanks in advance!
It's actually not the CTB at all - same thing happens when I turn if off.  Seems to be the Battle Engine Core is behaving strangely with turns and when turns end etc.  Was looking for a previous version of the plugin but haven't been able to locate one yet.

By the way Yanfly, thanks for all you do.  I hesitate to even post something resembling a complaint because you have given so much incredible content.  Appreciate it!!!!

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
It's actually not the CTB at all - same thing happens when I turn if off.  Seems to be the Battle Engine Core is behaving strangely with turns and when turns end etc.  Was looking for a previous version of the plugin but haven't been able to locate one yet.

By the way Yanfly, thanks for all you do.  I hesitate to even post something resembling a complaint because you have given so much incredible content.  Appreciate it!!!!
Huh, I missed that before. Anyway:

Since I cannot reproduce the error, I'm going to ask you to do the following.

1. Download all the newest updates of the plugin.

2. Create a new project.

3. Install -only- the affected plugins. If you're using non-YEP plugins, do NOT include them.

4. Make sure they're in the right order listed on http://yanfly.moe/yep/

5. Recreate the error.

6. Upload the project online (do -not- deploy it).

7. Post the link here and I'll take a look at it.

Thanks for helping!

ArturoPP

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, Yanfly. Thanks for your great work.

Questions about Row Formations Plugin (v1.04):

1): Is the plugin supposed the require Battle Engine Core? Because the description makes it looks like it is optional, but if I don't have it, this plugin throws me the following error at startup: 

TypeError

Cannot read property 'onlyUnique' of undefined

2): What is the intended way to use "<Push Back User Row: x>" and "<Pull Forward User Row: x>"? When I write them in a skill or item. The user does not change rows. But, when I write the versions with "Target" they work (on the targets, included the user if it is a valid target).

Example 1): If I use "<Push Back User Row: 1>" and "<Push Back Target Row: 1>" on a skill with scope "1 Enemy", only the target gets pushed back.

Example 2): If I use "<Push Back Target Row: 1>" on a skill with a scope "The User", the user is pushed back because it is the target. But when using "<Push Back User Row: 1>", the user does not change row.

Both questions where tested with a newly created project with only the Row Formation v1.04 and Battle Engine Core v1.28a.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Happy Friday, y'all! I just got home from work and am sitting down with a nice cider, and I'm ready to chill and enjoy myself. Not sure if I'm gonna dive into any of my game-related projects or not tonight.... we'll see how I feel after unwinding for a bit I guess!
Just found out that mint tea made from chocolate mint tastes a bit like hot cocoa with candy cane stirred in. As I'm allergic to chocolate this makes me very happy.
It's special day for me tomorrow so time to vanish for 24 hours lol.
So Deltarune Chapter 2 is supposed to release today... if it's out already, has anyone played it? And I can't because I have a stinking Mac and not a Windows PC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coffeeandyteevee