Pumamori

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just realised something I forgot to ask ages ago.

If you use "names" in your message system for ace, together with a dim background setting, the name box will reflect that too, however, last time I checked in the one for MV, it has the default box appearance even when the actual textbox is with a dim background, which is a bit irritating. My apologies if that was fixed/changed already.

Roguedeus

It's never too late to procrastinate...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Message Core:

There seems to be an issue when using a Show Text command with the 'Middle' location, just before calling the Input Number command.

16_0115_yanflyMessage_issue_1b.PNG

ReferenceError: messageY is not defined at Window_NumberInput.updatePlacement (file:///X:/SkyDrive/_RMMV%20Projects/Projects/Prequel%20Project/js/plugins/YEP_MessageCore.js:764:8) at Window_NumberInput.start (file:///X:/SkyDrive/_RMMV%20Projects/Projects/Prequel%20Project/js/rpg_windows.js:3972:10) at Window_Message.startInput (file:///X:/SkyDrive/_RMMV%20Projects/Projects/Prequel%20Project/js/rpg_windows.js:4442:28) at Window_Message.onEndOfText (file:///X:/SkyDrive/_RMMV%20Projects/Projects/Prequel%20Project/js/rpg_windows.js:4427:15) at Window_Message.updateMessage (file:///X:/SkyDrive/_RMMV%20Projects/Projects/Prequel%20Project/js/rpg_windows.js:4418:18) at Window_Message.update (file:///X:/SkyDrive/_RMMV%20Projects/Projects/Prequel%20Project/js/rpg_windows.js:4306:25) at file:///X:/SkyDrive/_RMMV%20Projects/Projects/Prequel%20Project/js/rpg_core.js:5726:19 at Array.forEach (native) at WindowLayer.update (file:///X:/SkyDrive/_RMMV%20Projects/Projects/Prequel%20Project/js/rpg_core.js:5724:19) at file:///X:/SkyDrive/_RMMV%20Projects/Projects/Prequel%20Project/js/rpg_scenes.js:112:19Turning Messag Core off, or moving the Show Text to 'Top' or 'Bottom' stops the error.

16_0115_yanflyMessage_issue_1.PNG

16_0115_yanflyMessage_issue_1c.PNG

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
I just realised something I forgot to ask ages ago.

If you use "names" in your message system for ace, together with a dim background setting, the name box will reflect that too, however, last time I checked in the one for MV, it has the default box appearance even when the actual textbox is with a dim background, which is a bit irritating. My apologies if that was fixed/changed already.
This was a design choice I've made due to other window backgrounds maintaining their background format while the main message window is Transparent or Dim.

tFRIUur.jpg

However, seeing as this was asked more than once, I'll include this as a feature in the future. Not for the main Message Core (since that plugin's already bloated enough), but for the Extended Message Options coming in the future assuming it makes it to the winner list (which it most likely will since it's in #2).

Message Core:

There seems to be an issue when using a Show Text command with the 'Middle' location, just before calling the Input Number command.

attachicon.gif
16_0115_yanflyMessage_issue_1b.PNG

ReferenceError: messageY is not defined at Window_NumberInput.updatePlacement (file:///X:/SkyDrive/_RMMV%20Projects/Projects/Prequel%20Project/js/plugins/YEP_MessageCore.js:764:8) at Window_NumberInput.start (file:///X:/SkyDrive/_RMMV%20Projects/Projects/Prequel%20Project/js/rpg_windows.js:3972:10) at Window_Message.startInput (file:///X:/SkyDrive/_RMMV%20Projects/Projects/Prequel%20Project/js/rpg_windows.js:4442:28) at Window_Message.onEndOfText (file:///X:/SkyDrive/_RMMV%20Projects/Projects/Prequel%20Project/js/rpg_windows.js:4427:15) at Window_Message.updateMessage (file:///X:/SkyDrive/_RMMV%20Projects/Projects/Prequel%20Project/js/rpg_windows.js:4418:18) at Window_Message.update (file:///X:/SkyDrive/_RMMV%20Projects/Projects/Prequel%20Project/js/rpg_windows.js:4306:25) at file:///X:/SkyDrive/_RMMV%20Projects/Projects/Prequel%20Project/js/rpg_core.js:5726:19 at Array.forEach (native) at WindowLayer.update (file:///X:/SkyDrive/_RMMV%20Projects/Projects/Prequel%20Project/js/rpg_core.js:5724:19) at file:///X:/SkyDrive/_RMMV%20Projects/Projects/Prequel%20Project/js/rpg_scenes.js:112:19Turning Messag Core off, or moving the Show Text to 'Top' or 'Bottom' stops the error.

attachicon.gif
16_0115_yanflyMessage_issue_1.PNG

attachicon.gif
16_0115_yanflyMessage_issue_1c.PNG
Thanks! I'll get that fixed by tonight.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Item Synthesis

Features and How to Use

Item synthesis is now a pretty common aspect of most RPG's where the player can craft their own items after acquiring recipes. This plugin enables your players to be able to do that after acquiring the said recipes. Recipes can come in the form of items, weapons, and/or armors and transcribed in them are what items, weapons, and/or armors they can make. These items can be made from the main menu and/or synthesis locations!

Plugin and Instructions: http://yanfly.moe/2016/01/15/yep-58-item-synthesis/

Have fun everybody!

Iliketea

Tea lover
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Cool plugin ^^ 

Will it be possible to make different crafting categories in the future ? Like Blacksmith, Cooking, alchemy etc? 

Fernyfer775

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Woooo, synthesis! Thanks, yet again Yanfly! Can't wait to waste countless hours playing with this one! ^_^

Ilan14

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Hi, Yanfly! That Synthesis plugin looks pretty good! But just one question:

Would it be possible to make an option to mask some items and not-mask others?

Fernyfer775

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@IIan14: I'm assuming you could use the "rename" option to unmask them by just naming them what the item you're crafting actually is. Refer to about 10:30ish in the video.

Ilan14

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
@IIan14: I'm assuming you could use the "rename" option to unmask them by just naming them what the item you're crafting actually is. Refer to about 10:30ish in the video.

Oh yeah! I guess I could do that! XD

Thanks!

Val

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Français
Primarily Uses
Hi Yanfly

I want to know if it's a bug or normal behaviour. (It's about your Job Point Plugins)

I try to create an item that give 100 JP point when player use it. So I put the Notetag in my item <JP Gain:100>

But When I used the item on the player, no JP are added to his pool.

Is this a bug? or the items could only use in Battle? 

thank you in advance for your great support :)  

Leetstuff

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Hey Yanfly, is there a way to keep the State Messages in the BattleEngineCore? The battle seems too fast and sometimes is hard to understand when the character gets inflicted or recovers from a state. Hime's State Changes animation helps, but it would be nice to have it said on the battle log. Thanks!

Alkorri

Proofreading Penguin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thank you so much for your Item Synthesis plugin, Yanfly! This is exciting.

Question: Is there any way to see how crafting a particular Weapon or Armour will affect the party members' stats, before you craft it? 

beenbaba

Slowly getting there
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@Val use <Target JP Gain: 100> instead

@Leetstuff there is a parameter in Battle Engine Core called Show state text, currently its set to false, if you change this to true does it give you what you need?

Luxanna

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Crafting an Item costs more than specified for some reason.

I used gold: 10 and it behaves like I wrote gold: 100.

I saw the same behavior in your video. Somewhere around minute 7:30 you craft a potion. There it's saying that it's costing 50 gold to craft but you are losing more than 1000 gold.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Cool plugin ^^ 

Will it be possible to make different crafting categories in the future ? Like Blacksmith, Cooking, alchemy etc? 
Yes, in the future I'll add categories for that.

Thank you so much for your Item Synthesis plugin, Yanfly! This is exciting.

Question: Is there any way to see how crafting a particular Weapon or Armour will affect the party members' stats, before you craft it? 
I'll add that in for a future extension plugin. The synth plugin is pretty big as is.

Crafting an Item costs more than specified for some reason.

I used gold: 10 and it behaves like I wrote gold: 100.

I saw the same behavior in your video. Somewhere around minute 7:30 you craft a potion. There it's saying that it's costing 50 gold to craft but you are losing more than 1000 gold.
Huh, I'll go check that out.

Aidensmercy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Hey there Yanfly, I was wondering if you take in requests for your upcoming plugins.

and if you do, I have one that I would love to see made and even made a mock up picture to help explain, just in case!

I would love to see the "Alchemy" system from Secret of Evermore.

for everyone that hasn't played the game, basically the game did not have MP for magics, instead you used ingredients you found around the world to mix and match to use your magics.

here's the picture i made to kind of show what i'm talking about.

in this picture, the skill "Flame Slash" requires you to have 1 Flint and 2 Oil in your inventory to use it.

h9DfnOV.png

Roguedeus

It's never too late to procrastinate...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
LimitedSkillUses:
I'm a bit confused... The lunatic mode suggests that it should be possible to manipulate the users limited uses but it actually applies only to targets.

* <Custom SType x Limited Uses> * value += user.level; * </Custom SType x Limited Uses> * The 'value' variable is the number of uses the user will gain for all * Limited Use skills of skill type x. 
Is there no way to make an action use up limited uses of the users other actions, rather than just targets??

Specifically, I am trying to group skills so that they effectively share the same pool of uses (if one skill is used all grouped skills lose uses)

Thanks for your time!

edit:

I was trying to do this via Skill Types, as it will effect entire sets of skills. Rather than a few related ones.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ilan14

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Hey there Yanfly, I was wondering if you take in requests for your upcoming plugins.

and if you do, I have one that I would love to see made and even made a mock up picture to help explain, just in case!

I would love to see the "Alchemy" system from Secret of Evermore.

for everyone that hasn't played the game, basically the game did not have MP for magics, instead you used ingredients you found around the world to mix and match to use your magics.

here's the picture i made to kind of show what i'm talking about.

in this picture, the skill "Flame Slash" requires you to have 1 Flint and 2 Oil in your inventory to use it.

h9DfnOV.png
I think the Yanfly's Skill Cost Items Plugin should do the trick perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

and_remember_tomorrow_on_the_plus_side.jpg

After countless hours, I finally solved the mystery of the missing puzzle pieces, but also created the mystery of the space trees... Progress? :kaoswt:
I am playing Momodora today and OMG this game is hard! o.o
Really happy to see people from Brazil doing an amazing game :3
Just noticed... I'm now called a Veteran not just Member...
Effervesce Fallacy™ - PV - C'est La Vie, for the best viewing experience, run the EXE, and adjust the audio via Options. The footsteps sounds are once again, barely audible. :frown: The PV only sounds as intended, if BGM Volume is set to 20%, or 40%, depending on your audio hardware.

Stream will be live shortly with some Gex 3! Tonight, I get revenge on the Buccaneer Program! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
netispalsu