Status
Not open for further replies.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Hey there Yanfly, I was wondering if you take in requests for your upcoming plugins.

and if you do, I have one that I would love to see made and even made a mock up picture to help explain, just in case!

I would love to see the "Alchemy" system from Secret of Evermore.

for everyone that hasn't played the game, basically the game did not have MP for magics, instead you used ingredients you found around the world to mix and match to use your magics.

here's the picture i made to kind of show what i'm talking about.

in this picture, the skill "Flame Slash" requires you to have 1 Flint and 2 Oil in your inventory to use it.

h9DfnOV.png
I don't take requests as stated in the front of the thread:

THIS THREAD WILL BE USED FOR UPDATES AND BUG REPORTS!This thread is NOT a request thread.
However, this is something I've already made before in the past, to which, I do suggest you take some time to look through my plugin library on my website or on the first post of this thread which you seemed to have skipped over. You'll find it under Skill Cost Items. If it isn't what you're looking for, I suggest you go to this forum's request section here: http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/forum/136-js-plugin-requests/

LimitedSkillUses:

I'm a bit confused... The lunatic mode suggests that it should be possible to manipulate the users limited uses but it actually applies only to targets.

* <Custom SType x Limited Uses> * value += user.level; * </Custom SType x Limited Uses> * The 'value' variable is the number of uses the user will gain for all * Limited Use skills of skill type x.
Is there no way to make an action use up limited uses of the users other actions, rather than just targets??

Specifically, I am trying to group skills so that they effectively share the same pool of uses (if one skill is used all grouped skills lose uses)

Thanks for your time!

edit:

I was trying to do this via Skill Types, as it will effect entire sets of skills. Rather than a few related ones.
That was a mistake of mine. I meant to type in "target" for the description there instead of the "user" which I was using to reference a custom type of calculation.

If you'd like for it to alter the limited costs of other skills the actor may have, you'd have to use this Lunatic mode line:

user.paySkillLimitedUseCost(skill_id, -value);

killerfer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
I'm confused. What does and what doesn't work with the "if" statement in the action sequence pack? I made a "if user.isStateAffected(x)" and it worked perfectly", but when I made a "if user.mp > x" I keep getting Type Error.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
I'm confused. What does and what doesn't work with the "if" statement in the action sequence pack? I made a "if user.isStateAffected(x)" and it worked perfectly", but when I made a "if user.mp > x" I keep getting Type Error.
Everything should be able to work with the if statement with the action sequence pack. Do post what error you're getting and your action sequence if you want me to be able to find out what's wrong with it.

Roguedeus

It's never too late to procrastinate...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
That was a mistake of mine. I meant to type in "target" for the description there instead of the "user" which I was using to reference a custom type of calculation.

If you'd like for it to alter the limited costs of other skills the actor may have, you'd have to use this Lunatic mode line:

Would calling:

user.alterLimitedUses($dataSkills[100],user);Use the the note tag of skill ID:100...

<SType x Limited Uses: +y>...to adjust the users limited uses by type?

There are a LOT of skills that would need to be adjusted using the method you pointed out. :)

edit:

Hmmm, just tried... It appears not... :D

Last edited by a moderator:

HeathRiley

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Have fun everybody!
Fantastic. This goes great with the skill cost items plugins :) can do some excellent things with those two put together and a good loot/gathering system. Desynthesis will only make it better also when we get around to it :) Any thoughts on a gathering system? Thanks for this one!

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Would calling:

user.alterLimitedUses($dataSkills[100],user);Use the the note tag of skill ID:100...

<SType x Limited Uses: +y>...to adjust the users limited uses by type?

There are a LOT of skills that would need to be adjusted using the method you pointed out. :)

edit:

Hmmm, just tried... It appears not... :D
It's strictly the skill ID. If you want to get everything of a particular skill type, you'd have to dive in further to do so:

Code:
var n = the skill type ID you want to use;var value = the amount you want to change it by;for (var i = 0; i < user.skills().length; ++i) {  var skill = user.skills()[i];  if (!skill) continue;  if (skill.stypeId === n) {    user.paySkillLimitedUseCost(skill.id, value);  }}

Aidensmercy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
I think the Yanfly's Skill Cost Items Plugin should do the trick perfectly.
Oh wow, I guess I should do a bit more research before I post hahaha, thank you for pointing out this to me.

Sorry yanfly, I must have missed that, but it turns out you already made the plugin, sorry for wasting your time.

BUT, Thank you for all these plugins! It's an amazing compilation of plugins.

Roguedeus

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
It's strictly the skill ID. If you want to get everything of a particular skill type, you'd have to dive in further to do so:

var n = the skill type ID you want to use;var value = the amount you want to change it by;for (var i = 0; i < user.skills().length; ++i) { var skill = user.skills(); if (!skill) continue; if (skill.stypeId === n) { user.paySkillLimitedUseCost(skill.id, value); }}

Thanks for the clarification.

I've been trying to use your original suggestion, and its simply not working... Is there a specific lunatic mode not tag I should be using, or will any one do?

Here is the note tag I'm using to verify utility:

<Custom Skill 235 Limited Uses>user.paySkillLimitedUseCost(235, -1);user.paySkillLimitedUseCost(240, -2);value = 0;</Custom Skill 235 Limited Uses>Skill 235 is the one being used. Trying to remove 2 total uses from it, and 2 uses from skill 240.

Neither extra use cost is deducted. Skill 235 simply loses 1 use, as normal.

Note: I have not tried to stypeId solution above yet.

killerfer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Everything should be able to work with the if statement with the action sequence pack. Do post what error you're getting and your action sequence if you want me to be able to find out what's wrong with it.
This is what I added:

if user.mp > 50 MP -5%: user, show damage rate: 150%elseendAnd this is what I get:

qNK8erp.png

I tried putting the user.mp > 50 between parenthesis, but that didn't work out either. I did manage to make a workaround to this trough the "eval: code" command, but I had to use a variable. Is this a bug in the plugin or am I typing something wrong? Because in the eval I typed the same thing and it worked.

NeoPGX

~ King of Cuteness ~
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (US)
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm not sure if you knew already but the Core Plugin is having trouble scaling Battlebacks. See the attachment for proof.

Also if it would help, I have the game running at 1920x1080 (for me anyway, I have a plugin that sets the game resolution depending on the ratio of the users desktop resolution).

scaling error.PNG

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
This is what I added:

if user.mp > 50 MP -5%: user, show damage rate: 150%elseendAnd this is what I get:

qNK8erp.png

I tried putting the user.mp > 50 between parenthesis, but that didn't work out either. I did manage to make a workaround to this trough the "eval: code" command, but I had to use a variable. Is this a bug in the plugin or am I typing something wrong? Because in the eval I typed the same thing and it worked.
Thanks I'll get this fixed tonight.

I'm not sure if you knew already but the Core Plugin is having trouble scaling Battlebacks. See the attachment for proof.

Also if it would help, I have the game running at 1920x1080 (for me anyway, I have a plugin that sets the game resolution depending on the ratio of the users desktop resolution).
Did you update the Core Engine plugin? This issue should have been fixed a long time ago and I haven't received any reports about it for a long time either.

NeoPGX

~ King of Cuteness ~
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (US)
Primarily Uses
N/A
Did you update the Core Engine plugin? This issue should have been fixed a long time ago and I haven't received any reports about it for a long time either.
Ah yes, indeed I was using an outdated plugin. The problem has now been fixed.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have a slight issue with the sideview animated battlers script.

buff-state%20test.png

As shown in this screenie, the buff/state icons appear way above the enemy battlers. I presume this is because my battles have a lot of 'dead space' above them due to the tall 'cast' animation but is there a way to manually adjust where the buff/state icons appear?

I've tried using the <Sideview Height: x> tag with values from 2 to 5000, but as far as I can tell it does nothing.

This screenshot was taken with only these plugins active

-Core Engine v1.11

-Battle Engine Core v1.28c

-Animated Sideview Enemies v1.04

Secondly, just a small question, but is there any way using your plugins to change the 'SV motion' states use? The default choices of 'normal', 'Abnormal', 'sleep' and 'dead' is highly restrictive.

wrigty12

Just a QAer playing with Javascript
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hey Yanfly,

So I know that this would involve breaking down the code a bit, but I was wondering how to completely skip the Command Window in the ItemSynthesis scene. I want the selecting cursor to automatically go to the "Craft Item" portion, starting the scene with the player selecting from the list of Items available for synthesizing. I want this because I only plan on having the player craft Items, never weapons or armor, and it would be kindof odd to keep having a window say "Craft Item" and "Finish" if they are only ever going to craft Items.

Please either quickly come up with an alternate version I could use, or just tell me which things I can change myself to get what I am looking for (I determined how to remove the window itself, and get the scene to end while cancelling on the list window, but I cant figure out how to go directly to the Craft Item list window from startup..)

Thanks!

Fatalys93

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Is it possible to modify the GabWindow's plugin and add an option Map/Battle X location?

kv0aU0O.jpg

9TsriUw.png

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Victory Aftermath >> Aftermath Level Up

Features and How to Use

This plugin is an extension plugin for the Victory Aftermath plugin. This adds a level up section to the Victory Aftermath sequence to show the individual parameter changes the actor has acquired in addition to skills that the actor may have learned. This segment will be omitted if there are no actors to level up or if the game has the segment disabled. When there are multiple actors leveling up, the Victory Aftermath will cycle through each of the actors.

Plugin and Instructions: http://yanfly.moe/2016/01/16/yep-59-aftermath-level-up/

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
I have a slight issue with the sideview animated battlers script.

buff-state%20test.png

As shown in this screenie, the buff/state icons appear way above the enemy battlers. I presume this is because my battles have a lot of 'dead space' above them due to the tall 'cast' animation but is there a way to manually adjust where the buff/state icons appear?

I've tried using the <Sideview Height: x> tag with values from 2 to 5000, but as far as I can tell it does nothing.

This screenshot was taken with only these plugins active

-Core Engine v1.11

-Battle Engine Core v1.28c

-Animated Sideview Enemies v1.04

Secondly, just a small question, but is there any way using your plugins to change the 'SV motion' states use? The default choices of 'normal', 'Abnormal', 'sleep' and 'dead' is highly restrictive.
Ah, I just fixed the issue with the state icons last night. Give it an update and see if it fixes it. :)

As for the SV motion that states use, unfortunately, the way it's handled by the MV source code restricts it just those four (which is stupid in my opinion). I'll make an update in the future which will allow modification of that.

Hey Yanfly,

So I know that this would involve breaking down the code a bit, but I was wondering how to completely skip the Command Window in the ItemSynthesis scene. I want the selecting cursor to automatically go to the "Craft Item" portion, starting the scene with the player selecting from the list of Items available for synthesizing. I want this because I only plan on having the player craft Items, never weapons or armor, and it would be kindof odd to keep having a window say "Craft Item" and "Finish" if they are only ever going to craft Items.

Please either quickly come up with an alternate version I could use, or just tell me which things I can change myself to get what I am looking for (I determined how to remove the window itself, and get the scene to end while cancelling on the list window, but I cant figure out how to go directly to the Craft Item list window from startup..)

Thanks!
That you'll to do a custom modification for.

Is it possible to modify the GabWindow's plugin and add an option Map/Battle X location?

kv0aU0O.jpg

9TsriUw.png
There's no method currently to modify the X position of the Gab Window.

wrigty12

Just a QAer playing with Javascript
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
That you'll to do a custom modification for.
Yeah, I figured that. Could you just point me at what controls where the selection gets placed initially in order to place it in the item list instead? I'm not good with selectables, etc yet..

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Ah, I just fixed the issue with the state icons last night. Give it an update and see if it fixes it. :)
Seriously, you're a mind ready, that's twice now :p

So far all's good, my knights all look nice and proud with their newly positioned states  :D

I look forward to the future where we can change state SV motions at will BD

Roguedeus

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yanfly, I apologize for the my issue/question taking more time than either of us expected. I am not new to code (having written extensive Ruby scripts for VXAce) so if I am doing something obviously wrong I am totally missing it.

If anyone else sees my mistake, please tell me. :)

I may not have been clear in my last post. But this solution doesn't seem to work.

16_0116_limitesUses_issue_1.PNG

The skill being used is skill:235. That note tag should be removing an extra use, asn removing 2 uses from skill:240, but neither happens.
skill:235 simply loses one use (as normal). Nothing more.

var n = the skill type ID you want to use;var value = the amount you want to change it by;for (var i = 0; i < user.skills().length; ++i) { var skill = user.skills(); if (!skill) continue; if (skill.stypeId === n) { user.paySkillLimitedUseCost(skill.id, value); }}

Trying this one, fails as well.

16_0116_limitesUses_issue_1b.PNG

I asked if there was a specific lunatic note tag I should be using. But after trying the most obvious (from Limited Uses), I tried the more generic (from Skill Core)... None have worked.

I didn't want to suggest making even more work for you, but this difficulty has me wondering if it wouldn't simply be easier for you to add user versions of the note tags that already alter uses for targets of the action?

Again, thanks for your time. I know it's at a premium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I really need a better indicator of where you can jump up and down though I feel... otherwise I like how this turned out for the first part of the first dungeon of the game.
@Shaz needs to make a website for his plugins. (it can be done easily for free with google sites.) I can't find a database of them anywhere!
Got fired from my job because they found someone more "Professional" and "Better" then me so I had more time to work on a tower defense prototype for a friend, I will upload tutorials on how to make it yourself once it's finished.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bingbong