Status
Not open for further replies.

Ichida za Zeal

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I get this error when the Aftermath Level Up screen is supposed to come up. Help? ^^;;

console.png

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Yanfly, I apologize for the my issue/question taking more time than either of us expected. I am not new to code (having written extensive Ruby scripts for VXAce) so if I am doing something obviously wrong I am totally missing it.

If anyone else sees my mistake, please tell me. :)

I may not have been clear in my last post. But this solution doesn't seem to work.

attachicon.gif
16_0116_limitesUses_issue_1.PNG

The skill being used is skill:235. That note tag should be removing an extra use, asn removing 2 uses from skill:240, but neither happens.

skill:235 simply loses one use (as normal). Nothing more.

Trying this one, fails as well.

attachicon.gif
16_0116_limitesUses_issue_1b.PNG

I asked if there was a specific lunatic note tag I should be using. But after trying the most obvious (from Limited Uses), I tried the more generic (from Skill Core)... None have worked.

I didn't want to suggest making even more work for you, but this difficulty has me wondering if it wouldn't simply be easier for you to add user versions of the note tags that already alter uses for targets of the action?

Again, thanks for your time. I know it's at a premium.
I just tried this and it works:

<Custom Execution>user.paySkillLimitedUseCost(236, 1);</Custom Execution>From what I understood before, I didn't know if you wanted to make it raise the limited uses remaining or to spend them. If you're to spend them, the value needs to be positive.

I get this error when the Aftermath Level Up screen is supposed to come up. Help? ^^;;

Update your Victory Aftermath.

Last edited by a moderator:

Roguedeus

It's never too late to procrastinate...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I just tried this and it works:

<Custom Execution>user.paySkillLimitedUseCost(236, 1);</Custom Execution>From what I understood before, I didn't know if you wanted to make it raise the limited uses remaining or to spend them. If you're to spend them, the value needs to be positive.
That's what it was... I REALLY really hate my brain sometimes. It always seems to be the simplest mistakes that cost me the most time.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
That's what it was... I REALLY really hate my brain sometimes. It always seems to be the simplest mistakes that cost me the most time.
Haha, no worries about. Sometimes, we're so used to thinking of complex mechanics that we overlook the simplest of things. I do it often, too. :)

jvcscasio

Writer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
I only wish there was a way to hide the number of recipes... is there?

Aidensmercy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Hey Yanfly, I get this error when i use the aftermath level up plugin.

don't know what to do with it.

VggICnV.png

Roguedeus

It's never too late to procrastinate...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Haha, no worries about. Sometimes, we're so used to thinking of complex mechanics that we overlook the simplest of things. I do it often, too. :)

Here is my final solution for anyone looking to do similar.

It is added as a note tag to all skills that belong to the group. All lose uses if any one in the group is used.

<Custom Execution>var uses = 2; //Number removed//Array of skill types to qualifyfunction checkID(id) { var n = [52,62,33,43,14,24,71,81]; for(var i = 0; i < n.length; ++i) { if(n === id) { return true; } }}//Remove cost from all skills of qualified typefor (var i = 0; i < user.skills().length; ++i) { var skill = user.skills(); if (!skill) continue; if (item.id === skill.id){ user.paySkillLimitedUseCost(skill.id, uses - 1); continue; } if (checkID(skill.stypeId) === true) { user.paySkillLimitedUseCost(skill.id, uses); }}</Custom Execution>This seems to work fine so far. But use at your own risk. :)

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
I did, and now the error happens AFTER the new Aftermath Level Up screens. Same error.
Since I cannot reproduce the error, I'm going to ask you to do the following.

1. Download all the newest updates of the plugin.

2. Create a new project.

3. Install -only- the affected plugins. If you're using non-YEP plugins, do NOT include them.

4. Make sure they're in the right order listed on http://yanfly.moe/yep/

5. Recreate the error.

6. Upload the project online (do -not- deploy it).

7. Post the link here and I'll take a look at it.

Thanks for helping!

Hey Yanfly, I get this error when i use the aftermath level up plugin.

don't know what to do with it.

VggICnV.png
Please update your Victory Aftermath plugin.

Marcus Giltan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hello again, Yanfly! Another noob question:

How can you increase Ex-Parameters and Sp-Parameters using the Item Upgrade Slots plugin? Like for example, an upgrade scroll will increase evasion by 20% when applied to an armor.

Thanks again and sorry for the inconvenience. 

jvcscasio

Writer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
@Yanfly, can I ask for a small thing?

Can we have "or" choices for multiple currencies? Like, buy using 5000 gold OR 3 ruby jewels....

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Hello again, Yanfly! Another noob question:

How can you increase Ex-Parameters and Sp-Parameters using the Item Upgrade Slots plugin? Like for example, an upgrade scroll will increase evasion by 20% when applied to an armor.

Thanks again and sorry for the inconvenience. 
Ex and Sp parameters can't be natively increased as they're rates determined by traits. You'd have to use this method and create a state with traits that modify the affected ex or sp parameters.

@Yanfly, can I ask for a small thing?

Can we have "or" choices for multiple currencies? Like, buy using 5000 gold OR 3 ruby jewels....
Yes~

Xenthar

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
@Yanfly.

Is it possible with the party system plugin, to force the player to have a full party?

While not locking or forcing specific actors.

Porcelain

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I want to change the gradient bars in the Core Engine to draw their gradients down/up instead of left/right, and I'm pretty sure that the solution is editing something in this block of code:

Window_Base.prototype.drawGauge = function(dx, dy, dw, rate, color1, color2) { var color3 = this.gaugeBackColor(); var fillW = Math.floor(dw * rate).clamp(0, dw); var gaugeH = this.gaugeHeight(); var gaugeY = dy + this.lineHeight() - gaugeH - 2; if (eval(Yanfly.Param.GaugeOutline)) { color3.paintOpacity = this.translucentOpacity(); this.contents.fillRect(dx, gaugeY - 1, dw, gaugeH, color3); fillW = Math.max(fillW - 2, 0); gaugeH -= 2; dx += 1; } else { var fillW = Math.floor(dw * rate); var gaugeY = dy + this.lineHeight() - gaugeH - 2; this.contents.fillRect(dx, gaugeY, dw, gaugeH, color3); } this.contents.gradientFillRect(dx, gaugeY, fillW, gaugeH, color1, color2);};
But I don't know exactly which part of it. I'd really appreciate it if you could help me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Marcus Giltan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Ex and Sp parameters can't be natively increased as they're rates determined by traits. You'd have to use this method and create a state with traits that modify the affected ex or sp parameters.
*facepalm... I can't believe I overlooked that video. Thank you, Yanfly. Your plugins are amazing! :D

Nik0405

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
I dont know if someone already asked this question, but it is possible to let the actors subclass, from the subclass plugin, gain exp and lvlup just like the normal class?

NeoPGX

~ King of Cuteness ~
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (US)
Primarily Uses
N/A
I dont know if someone already asked this question, but it is possible to let the actors subclass, from the subclass plugin, gain exp and lvlup just like the normal class?
Basically letting the subclass have it's own level separate from the level of the main class correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Finished reworking the design of my Itch.io page <3 Back to making plugins.
I kind of want make a map that's just giant version of the player that's they're running around on. Either by stringing together multiple maps or just by shrinking the player sprite for those maps. Actually that might make a fun reveal... The player's on a normal looking map, but then as realization dawns on them it zooms out to show a much larger map that's a giant version of the player. :LZSexcite:
Do you like to practice level design? I do hahahaha! It's not from a specific game, it's just some tests...Fase 1.png
I really need a better indicator of where you can jump up and down though I feel... otherwise I like how this turned out for the first part of the first dungeon of the game.
@Shaz needs to make a website for his plugins. (it can be done easily for free with google sites.) I can't find a database of them anywhere!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ocarina654