Status
Not open for further replies.

Leetstuff

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
I thought this was a feature, but as I use it, seems like a bug.

In the BattleEngineCore, the Show State Text is not working properly. It's not always showing the inflicted/removed. It's never shown in the middle of the turn (for example, due to an attack/skill). It only shows State Persists at the end of the turn.

Nik0405

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Basically letting the subclass have it's own level separate from the level of the main class correct?
Exactly. I mean it already has it's own level, but it's not getting exp and therefore not leveling. I wonder if it's possible to let both classes level separatly from one another.

Aidensmercy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
@Yanfly 

I just updated the plugin and it still gives me the same error.

Reno

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Cantonese
Hello. Thank you for all the plug-ins that you have made. They help me a lot in filling in aspects that I need, but the base system lacks. :)

However, it seems that I might have encountered an issue with the recent item synthesis plug-in. What I want to do is to make a certain equipped accessory (under armor, e.g. "MyCharacter's Secret Recipe") to serve as the recipe of several items that only the character can made (the equipment will be locked on the character in question). However, it seems that the plug-in, at least in my case, have troubles recognising item recipes in the form of armor.

First, the recipe armor is the only starting equipment of the character. Even with synthesis enabled, the synthesis option does not appear in the menu. When the recipe armour is un-equipped, the option appears in the menu. However, the recipes that the armour piece contains do not appear in the synthesis menu. The result is replicated on a new project with only the item synthesis and item core plug-in as well. The same recipe script, for example:

<Item Recipe: 2>becomes functional when it is pasted onto an item, though. As such, it seems that perhaps the plug-in have troubles recognising non-item form recipes, especially when the equipment starts up being equipped already (since it never passes through the "item" list, I suspect).

It would be very nice of you to look into this issue, and see if the problem is in the script itself or if I did something wrong in my process. Thank you very much! :)

Version of plug-ins used:

(YEP_CoreEngine: v1.11)

YEP_ItemCore: v1.17

YEP_ItemSynthesis: v1.01

Last edited by a moderator:

masterorochimaru

Villager
Reaction score
Yanfly Hello.

<Upgrade Armor Type: x> dont work,

I create <Upgrade Armor Type: 5> number of item, but dont work! i cant upgrade armor №5

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
I thought this was a feature, but as I use it, seems like a bug.

In the BattleEngineCore, the Show State Text is not working properly. It's not always showing the inflicted/removed. It's never shown in the middle of the turn (for example, due to an attack/skill). It only shows State Persists at the end of the turn.
I'm having no issues:

jqcxiLY.jpg

Are you saving before you go into playtest? Because if you change a plugin parameter and enter Test Battle without saving, no changes will be made at all.

Exactly. I mean it already has it's own level, but it's not getting exp and therefore not leveling. I wonder if it's possible to let both classes level separatly from one another.
I'll see about updating the Subclass sooner or later to accomodate that.

@Yanfly 

I just updated the plugin and it still gives me the same error.
Since I cannot reproduce the error, I'm going to ask you to do the following.

1. Download all the newest updates of the plugin.

2. Create a new project.

3. Install -only- the affected plugins. If you're using non-YEP plugins, do NOT include them.

4. Make sure they're in the right order listed on http://yanfly.moe/yep/

5. Recreate the error.

6. Upload the project online (do -not- deploy it).

7. Post the link here and I'll take a look at it.

Thanks for helping!

Hello. Thank you for all the plug-ins that you have made. They help me a lot in filling in aspects that I need, but the base system lacks. :)

However, it seems that I might have encountered an issue with the recent item synthesis plug-in. What I want to do is to make a certain equipped accessory (under armor, e.g. "MyCharacter's Secret Recipe") to serve as the recipe of several items that only the character can made (the equipment will be locked on the character in question). However, it seems that the plug-in, at least in my case, have troubles recognising item recipes in the form of armor.

First, the recipe armor is the only starting equipment of the character. Even with synthesis enabled, the synthesis option does not appear in the menu. When the recipe armour is un-equipped, the option appears in the menu. However, the recipes that the armour piece contains do not appear in the synthesis menu. The result is replicated on a new project with only the item synthesis and item core plug-in as well. The same recipe script, for example:

<Item Recipe: 2>becomes functional when it is pasted onto an item, though. As such, it seems that perhaps the plug-in have troubles recognising non-item form recipes, especially when the equipment starts up being equipped already (since it never passes through the "item" list, I suspect).

It would be very nice of you to look into this issue, and see if the problem is in the script itself or if I did something wrong in my process. Thank you very much! :)

Version of plug-ins used:

(YEP_CoreEngine: v1.11)

YEP_ItemCore: v1.17

YEP_ItemSynthesis: v1.01
Ah, that's because the plugin only recognizes the recipes within the party's inventory and not the items equipped. I'll see about making a change tonight to add in the option to include recipes from equipped items.

As for the recipes not showing up, are you doing this from a saved game and are you using Independent Items? Because if you are using a saved game file, the armor you've made was saved without having any recipes inside of it. Therefore, it won't be recognized by the synthesis shop as having a recipe.

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
For the row formation, how can I add extra space between my characters so they're not right on top of each other?

NeoPGX

~ King of Cuteness ~
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (US)
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey I just realized something not too long ago. Your core engine plugin scales everything but Parallaxes, do you plan to add that in as a new feature? I kinda need such a feature. If not, I'll request a parallax scaler.

Leetstuff

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
I'm having no issues:

jqcxiLY.jpg

Are you saving before you go into playtest? Because if you change a plugin parameter and enter Test Battle without saving, no changes will be made at all.
I was saving, for some reason the plugin even crashed the game. Deleted and reinstalled, it's working perfectly now. Thanks Yanfly!

grem333

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I have the same problem as Reno.

I tried to make a weapon be the recipe for an Item (in my game “Weapons” are actually “Recipes”, as I’m making a non-fighting game). I put the in command Item Recipe: 1 (surrounded by the carroty things) in the notes of said weapon. But when I buy the “Recipe Weapon”, even though the synthesis menu says I have 1 recipe, the ability to make the recipe does not appear. I made the recipe an actual Item and not a Weapon and it worked then. Independent Items, Weapons, and Armors are not enabled in my game. All plug-ins I'm using should be up-to-date.

Thanks for your help!

bsides

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Those are equipment-based learning systems that I'll eventually be getting around to.

The passive system will be another, too.
Sorry for the old post but would this be possible to achieve via Lunatic Mode in any way? Checking if the user has the equipment x equiped then showing the hability to be used + be able to learn in skill learn, i mean.

Thanks!

Reno

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Cantonese
Ah, that's because the plugin only recognizes the recipes within the party's inventory and not the items equipped. I'll see about making a change tonight to add in the option to include recipes from equipped items.

As for the recipes not showing up, are you doing this from a saved game and are you using Independent Items? Because if you are using a saved game file, the armor you've made was saved without having any recipes inside of it. Therefore, it won't be recognized by the synthesis shop as having a recipe.
I am doing it on a test game, and the only non-independent item is the ingredient, so the recipe should be on the note area of the armor. Nevertheless, thank you for your help! :) I will try it again once the option is added. Maybe that will solve the issue as well.

Sapphu

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
absolutely wonderful scripts!

i do have a quick question guys, and forgive me if im an idiot for not understanding this despite the instructions, but I'm super confused as to why I can't seem to the change the icons for the CBT actors. All my plugins are up to date. In the actor note tags, I'm writing <CTB Icon: x>  (ex. <CTB Icon: icongloria>) , but it continues to use the default faceset. I have the appropriate images in the facesets folder, and I also tried the sv actors folder and even the folder where the system icons are located.....am I just putting the files in the wrong place? any help would be much appreciated!

Reno

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Cantonese
Hello. I have updated the relevant plug-ins as the changelog states that now ItemSynthesis can read recipes from worn equipment. However, it seems that I still have troubles getting the intended effect even with the latest update (v1.02).

Test project used for experiment, for reference. Be noted that some fields are in Chinese, but that should not cause issues when testing. If needed, I can try to blank as many of them as possible.

To experiment with the equipped recipe, the starting character (Pwora) has two starting equipment: a regular recipe, and a secret recipe, serving as recipe for "cooked meal" and "Pwora's special meal" respectively. If you activate synthesis (and get the relevant ingredient) from the collapsed NPC, the synthesis option does not appear on the menu. However, once you unequipped either of the recipe, the option appears, and it works as intended. If the recipe is equipped again, the recipe it codes for will be gone from the synthesis menu again. If both are re-equipped, the option vanishes.

It seems that the update allow recipe to be read from equipment now, but worn equipment cannot serve as recipe still. Is that working as intended? Or did something go wrong there?

Thank you for your effort. It is awesome as always, although it would be even better if you can take the time to look into my particular issue as well. :) Naturally, if others manage to find the problem (perhaps in my setting itself), please feel free to correct me as well!

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
For the row formation, how can I add extra space between my characters so they're not right on top of each other?
In the plugin parameters, within the formulas, just change the X distance to a greater number. Play around to find what result you want.

Hey I just realized something not too long ago. Your core engine plugin scales everything but Parallaxes, do you plan to add that in as a new feature? I kinda need such a feature. If not, I'll request a parallax scaler.
Parallaxes aren't meant to be scaled. This is because they're automatically repeating backgrounds.

I tried to make a weapon be the recipe for an Item (in my game “Weapons” are actually “Recipes”, as I’m making a non-fighting game). I put the in command Item Recipe: 1 (surrounded by the carroty things) in the notes of said weapon. But when I buy the “Recipe Weapon”, even though the synthesis menu says I have 1 recipe, the ability to make the recipe does not appear. I made the recipe an actual Item and not a Weapon and it worked then. Independent Items, Weapons, and Armors are not enabled in my game. All plug-ins I'm using should be up-to-date.

Thanks for your help!
Strange, this was fixed in the newest 1.02 update. Did you download that yet?

i do have a quick question guys, and forgive me if im an idiot for not understanding this despite the instructions, but I'm super confused as to why I can't seem to the change the icons for the CBT actors. All my plugins are up to date. In the actor note tags, I'm writing <CTB Icon: x>  (ex. <CTB Icon: icongloria>) , but it continues to use the default faceset. I have the appropriate images in the facesets folder, and I also tried the sv actors folder and even the folder where the system icons are located.....am I just putting the files in the wrong place? any help would be much appreciated!
The icons have to be indexes in the IconSet image from the System folder. The icons have to be a part of the icon sheet.

Hello. I have updated the relevant plug-ins as the changelog states that now ItemSynthesis can read recipes from worn equipment. However, it seems that I still have troubles getting the intended effect even with the latest update (v1.02).

Test project used for experiment, for reference. Be noted that some fields are in Chinese, but that should not cause issues when testing. If needed, I can try to blank as many of them as possible.

To experiment with the equipped recipe, the starting character (Pwora) has two starting equipment: a regular recipe, and a secret recipe, serving as recipe for "cooked meal" and "Pwora's special meal" respectively. If you activate synthesis (and get the relevant ingredient) from the collapsed NPC, the synthesis option does not appear on the menu. However, once you unequipped either of the recipe, the option appears, and it works as intended. If the recipe is equipped again, the recipe it codes for will be gone from the synthesis menu again. If both are re-equipped, the option vanishes.

It seems that the update allow recipe to be read from equipment now, but worn equipment cannot serve as recipe still. Is that working as intended? Or did something go wrong there?

Thank you for your effort. It is awesome as always, although it would be even better if you can take the time to look into my particular issue as well. :) Naturally, if others manage to find the problem (perhaps in my setting itself), please feel free to correct me as well!
The plugin should be able to read recipes from the worn equipment. However, you must turn the options on in the plugin parameters for the 1.02 version. :)

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
In the plugin parameters, within the formulas, just change the X distance to a greater number. Play around to find what result you want.

Parallaxes aren't meant to be scaled. This is because they're automatically repeating backgrounds.

Thanks for your help!
Strange, this was fixed in the newest 1.02 update. Did you download that yet?

The icons have to be indexes in the IconSet image from the System folder. The icons have to be a part of the icon sheet.

The plugin should be able to read recipes from the worn equipment. However, you must turn the options on in the plugin parameters for the 1.02 version. :)

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
The plugin poll results for round 10 are out~ Happy Monday, everybody!

Sapphu

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
I'm so excited!! These sound like wonderful future additions. :) thank you guys so much for all your hard work~

NeoPGX

~ King of Cuteness ~
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (US)
Primarily Uses
N/A

Yes but what about parallaxes like Ocean1 and Ocean2? Those seem to be more for horizontal repeating as opposed to vertical and if someone were to set their game's resolution to say... 1920x1080p or have a plugin that selects the resolution of the game based on the aspect ratio of users desktop resolution it wouldn't work too well for those particular parallaxes. Now for one's like BlueSky, those wouldn't be a problem because it's designed to tile perfectly, otherwise you'd notice some kind of line and that would not look good in a game.

Even if the user were to set their parallax not to loop one way or the other (or not at all), you would still see it trying to loop in high resolutions. Of course the developer could edit the image file themselves but for those like me where the resolution is auto determined by resolution through a plugin, that would not work very well. 

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Yes but what about parallaxes like Ocean1 and Ocean2? Those seem to be more for horizontal repeating as opposed to vertical and if someone were to set their game's resolution to say... 1920x1080p or have a plugin that selects the resolution of the game based on the aspect ratio of users desktop resolution it wouldn't work too well for those particular parallaxes. Now for one's like BlueSky, those wouldn't be a problem because it's designed to tile perfectly, otherwise you'd notice some kind of line and that would not look good in a game.

Even if the user were to set their parallax not to loop one way or the other (or not at all), you would still see it trying to loop in high resolutions. Of course the developer could edit the image file themselves but for those like me where the resolution is auto determined by resolution through a plugin, that would not work very well. 

Considering the functionalities of the parallaxes, enabling stretching will cause more frustration than help to more users. The Core Engine will not have the option to stretch the parallaxes. If you would like to stretch out your Parallaxes, I strongly recommend you use an image editing software to do it. There are plenty of free ones out there: http://www.gimp.org/ as an example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

and_remember_tomorrow_on_the_plus_side.jpg

After countless hours, I finally solved the mystery of the missing puzzle pieces, but also created the mystery of the space trees... Progress? :kaoswt:
I am playing Momodora today and OMG this game is hard! o.o
Really happy to see people from Brazil doing an amazing game :3
Just noticed... I'm now called a Veteran not just Member...
Effervesce Fallacy™ - PV - C'est La Vie, for the best viewing experience, run the EXE, and adjust the audio via Options. The footsteps sounds are once again, barely audible. :frown: The PV only sounds as intended, if BGM Volume is set to 20%, or 40%, depending on your audio hardware.

Stream will be live shortly with some Gex 3! Tonight, I get revenge on the Buccaneer Program! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
netispalsu