Not open for further replies.

Aurawhisperer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yanfly, are you planning to create a plugin to improve the use of substitute? Such as a specific actor will only and always be protected by this other character long as that character is alive?

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Hello Yanfly,

Thanks for the awesome work you provide to the RPG Maker community with these great plugins !

I wanted to know if you ever thought about putting your scripts on a public git repository ?

It would be easier for people to keep all the scripts up to date (they all would be on the same repo) and people could also do some improvement to your scripts that you would be able to integrate easily with pull-request.

Public git repo like github are also good for bug tracking.

I am a dev myself and already have some improvement on my mind (like making the Aftermath Level Up plugin shows the unlocked classes for example).

But as I am not a game maker, I only do it for the love of coding and sharing stuff for free, and thus I find it would be a waste if I couldn't share the work properly.

Thanks for your time and feel free to ask if you need a hand !

Heya~ I've actually been asked this a few times and it's not so much that I dislike a public Git Repository, but rather, some bad experiences with it in the past that I'd rather not really talk about. But I do see the pros of having a public git repository and may consider putting them up on there.

Yanfly, are you planning to create a plugin to improve the use of substitute? Such as a specific actor will only and always be protected by this other character long as that character is alive?

Eventually yes. Personally, I'm not a big fan of the way substitute works in MV currently so it'll be changed for sure~ It's just a matter of when.

Luxanna

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yanfly could it be that <Custom Apply Effect> (BuffsStatesCore) is somehow broken? Could you please check if simple codes like $gameVariables.setValue(1, 10) work for you? Because they don't work for me.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Yanfly could it be that <Custom Apply Effect> (BuffsStatesCore) is somehow broken? Could you please check if simple codes like $gameVariables.setValue(1, 10) work for you? Because they don't work for me.

I just put this in the Guard state:

<Custom Apply Effect>
console.log('apply');
</Custom Apply Effect>

Y4R6psT.jpg

I am having no problems.

Portkey89

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
First More Currencies question and compliments!  Yay!  The plugin looks gorgeous.  Love the layout within the shop menu.

I have a question about currency rates.  I saw your method for currency exchange, which I thought was a clever way to trade currencies of different types.  I was wondering if there was a way to do a dollar/cents sort of structure (how American of me).  Where 100 cents = 1 dollar, but your party member would never carry 101 cents.  They'd have 1 dollar and 1 cent upon receiving 101 cents.  I was thinking that even a parallel process to check the values and convert them wouldn't matter if you're in the shop window, because the parallel process wouldn't be running.  Might there be a way in a future version of the plugin to have that conversion occur?  Perhaps through the item notetags?  Just asking to ask!  Fantastic work as usual!

Silenity

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
First More Currencies question and compliments!  Yay!  The plugin looks gorgeous.  Love the layout within the shop menu.

I have a question about currency rates.  I saw your method for currency exchange, which I thought was a clever way to trade currencies of different types.  I was wondering if there was a way to do a dollar/cents sort of structure (how American of me).  Where 100 cents = 1 dollar, but your party member would never carry 101 cents.  They'd have 1 dollar and 1 cent upon receiving 101 cents.  I was thinking that even a parallel process to check the values and convert them wouldn't matter if you're in the shop window, because the parallel process wouldn't be running.  Might there be a way in a future version of the plugin to have that conversion occur?  Perhaps through the item notetags?  Just asking to ask!  Fantastic work as usual!

Ooh. or like the good ole Copper -> Silver -> Gold currencies.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Ah, that's more along the ways of changing how the gold is drawn.

Portkey89

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hrm, I guess you're right.  I'm cross-pollinating currency dreams here, since I'm seeing them so nicely laid out in this plugin.  Sigh.

Ghost of Christmas Kloe

The Icecream Princess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
OMG!! There is a secret organisation controlling us through lunatic mode!?! The Secret Society of Lunatic Mode ( or TSSOLM ) is intriguing... I should investigate further... Detective Kloe is on the case!!

All jokes aside, this being part of the plot would be great! A secret organisation trying to take over the world by using godlike powers known as "PLUGINS"! 

EDIT: I forgot to mention the awesomeness of the ACTUAL plugin, sorry about that, anyway It is SUPER cool! We can now have inflation in RpgMaker games... actually that sounds horrible! WHY WOULD WE DO THAT TO THE RPG ECONOMY!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

EDIT2: Also I was wondering, is there any way to cause inflation? Like [STORY STUFF HAPPENS] and now everything is more expensive in Jewels but stays the same in gold? 

Last edited by a moderator:

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
OMG!! There is a secret organisation controlling us through lunatic mode!?! The Secret Society of Lunatic Mode ( or TSSOLM ) is intriguing... I should investigate further... Detective Kloe is on the case!!

All jokes aside, this being part of the plot would be great! A secret organisation trying to take over the world by using godlike powers known as "PLUGINS"! 

EDIT: I forgot to mention the awesomeness of the ACTUAL plugin, sorry about that, anyway It is SUPER cool! We can now have inflation in RpgMaker games... actually that sounds horrible! WHY WOULD WE DO THAT TO THE RPG ECONOMY!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

EDIT2: Also I was wondering, is there any way to cause inflation? Like [STORY STUFF HAPPENS] and now everything is more expensive in Jewels but stays the same in gold? 

In the shop event, you can manually modify the price of gold there if you want to adjust gold. Otherwise, you can make proxies of the said items and sell them via the proxies instead of the main item, too. :)

jvcscasio

Writer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Is the only way of making enemies "drop" variables is through events?

Okay, now I have to go and star making proxies for all my currencies (dollar, reais, yens and euros)...

Lotawork!

YvetteJene

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hi, Yanfly! I know that the last vote had "skill cost gold" at the lowest rank, but will you still be making it in the future? If so, will the new multiple currency plugin work with that? I have recently tried the "skill cost item" plugin to make multiple manas for different spells-- I feel that it would be simpler to use currency instead for a lot of other reasons. Would this be possible? Thank you !

Edit: Oh, similarly, would a variable currency work with skills as well?

Last edited by a moderator:

jvcscasio

Writer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese

About edit2, you can do what I did. I set four variables as world coins. And you can only have them buy trading gold for them at a exchange house. In the exchange house I have a "tax" variable, that is taken from the player (separated from the value of the currency) so to have an inflation, I would increase the value of the "tax" variable and so, everytime the character has to exchange his hard earned gold for money, he loses more...

I know it's different from what you thought, but it's something...

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Is the only way of making enemies "drop" variables is through events?

Okay, now I have to go and star making proxies for all my currencies (dollar, reais, yens and euros)...

Lotawork!

I can probably make that as an extension plugin for enemy drops in the future. :)

Hi, Yanfly! I know that the last vote had "skill cost gold" at the lowest rank, but will you still be making it in the future? If so, will the new multiple currency plugin work with that? I have recently tried the "skill cost item" plugin to make multiple manas for different spells-- I feel that it would be simpler to use currency instead for a lot of other reasons. Would this be possible? Thank you !

Edit: Oh, similarly, would a variable currency work with skills as well?

Item Costs are already doable from the Skill Cost Items plugin so that bit would be doable. The Skill Cost Gold plugin has yet to be a winner though... And Variable Costs would have to be a separate plugin, too, unless you'd be okay doing a lot of Lunatic Mode.

About edit2, you can do what I did. I set four variables as world coins. And you can only have them buy trading gold for them at a exchange house. In the exchange house I have a "tax" variable, that is taken from the player (separated from the value of the currency) so to have an inflation, I would increase the value of the "tax" variable and so, everytime the character has to exchange his hard earned gold for money, he loses more...

I know it's different from what you thought, but it's something...

That's actually a pretty awesome idea. Haha.

jvcscasio

Writer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
I can probably make that as an extension plugin for enemy drops in the future. :)

I found a way, making enemies, instead of gold, drop "boxes of money" that contain the money (an item that when opened, gives some money)

Lowell

The Walking Atelier
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Trying to get TP Modes to start with 50% of the bar filled, but I keep getting gradient errors when I use a.maxTp * 0.5 or if I divide by 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

That moment when I am listening to another instructor teach and I am thinking…I have been doing this for almost 30 years…I know this material…I teach this material…and you are confusing the crap out of me…let alone the students. What the actual $&@#! are you talking about? :eek:
Help me make a choice. Which one makes more sense?
A. Range style 1.pngDiamond shape
B.Range style 2.png Square shape
I created a skill that can only be used if there are enemies within the player's range. When the player's range is 2, which one do you think is more appropriate to describe the range area?
Just once I would like to see some innocent person stumble upon a body in a crime show and instead of scream they sigh and just say, "Found another one."
Can we get like a RPGM VXA Pro edition with all the limits gone!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xSeggy