YEEART

Super Highschool Level...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A

For that, you'd have to modify the code.

Game_Battler.prototype.atbSpeedTick = function() { var value = this.agi; if (BattleManager.atbRubberband()) { var min = BattleManager.atbMinimumSpeed(); var max = BattleManager.atbMaximumSpeed(); value = value.clamp(min, max); } return value * BattleManager.tickRate();};Change the var value = bit to

Game_Battler.prototype.atbSpeedTick = function() { var value = this.agi + this.atk + this.mat + this.luk; if (BattleManager.atbRubberband()) { var min = BattleManager.atbMinimumSpeed(); var max = BattleManager.atbMaximumSpeed(); value = value.clamp(min, max); } return value * BattleManager.tickRate();};
I'm slightly baffled. Where do I edit the code? Is it via javascript or the plugin?

If it IS javascript, is it possible if you could do a personal one for me, as I do not have javascript? Thanks anyway if you aren't able to  :)

einlanzer

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
edit: wrong thread. Sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:

einlanzer

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This is awesome. My only concern with this is that Agility goes from not mattering enough in the dbs to mattering too much in this system. Is there any way to adjust the formulas to where there's a base plus partial additive for agi?  In other words, I'd like to have a range for agility between 200-500, but I don't want someone with 500 agility to get 2.5 times the number of turns as someone with 200 agility. 1.5 times would be more appropriate.

Vassim74

It's a Secret!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm unable to replicate your error at all...
Here's what it looks like in mine. I don't believe I have any plugins that would modify the item menu behavior, and I haven't modified the game's core scripts of my project. (Don't minde the background map; it's a debug room :p )

XTGLwzt.jpg

FysMDOL.jpg

sOGsSVb.jpg

THhTXqj.jpg

Q9cA4nX.jpg

(Inserting this sentence here so that the two images do not look like a combined image)

VbPlyP7.jpg

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Put a space between Slots: and 0. You have yours as Slots:0

This is awesome. My only concern with this is that Agility goes from not mattering enough in the dbs to mattering too much in this system. Is there any way to adjust the formulas to where there's a base plus partial additive for agi?  In other words, I'd like to have a range for agility between 200-500, but I don't want someone with 500 agility to get 2.5 times the number of turns as someone with 200 agility. 1.5 times would be more appropriate.

By default settings, this wouldn't happen if you have the Rubberbanding setting going on. The rubberband setting prevents slower battlers from falling behind.

I'm slightly baffled. Where do I edit the code? Is it via javascript or the plugin?

If it IS javascript, is it possible if you could do a personal one for me, as I do not have javascript? Thanks anyway if you aren't able to   :)

You can open up JS files with notepad. :)

Edit: Somehow I missed this question:

Is it possible to do lunatic damage formulas for weapons using note tags? (replacing #1 attack skill)

You sure can! Use the lunatic notetag and put this in the Attack Skill:

Code:
<damage formula>if (a.isEnemy()) {   value = a.atk * 4 - b.def * 2;} else {  var weapon = a.equips()[0]  if (!weapon) {    value = a.atk * 4 - b.def * 2;  } else if (weapon.wtypeId === 1) {    value = a.atk * 8 - b.def * 4;  } else if (weapon.wtypeId === 2) {    value = a.atk * 6 - b.def * 3;  } else {    value = a.atk * 4 - b.def * 2;  }}</damage formula>wtypeId is the weapon type ID

Make your own custom modifications to it and you're set!

Farr

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
and weapon ID = wId?

So it would be something like;

else if (weapon.wId === 1) {

value = x - y

} else if (weapon.wId === 2) {

value = z - a

}

is this right?

gokuby

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
<damage formula>if (a.isEnemy()) {

value = a.atk * 4 - b.def * 2;

} else {

var weapon = a.equips()[0]

if (!weapon) {

} else if (weapon.wtypeId === 1) {

value = a.atk * 8 - b.def * 4;

} else if (weapon.wtypeId === 2) {

value = a.atk * 6 - b.def * 3;

} else {

}

}

</damage formula>

wtypeId is the weapon type ID
That is unbelievable awesome, these damage formulas give a whole new level of depth to the game!

Just curious, was there anything like that in previous Makers, or can something like that only archieved by the Power of GreyscullJavascript?

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
and weapon ID = wId?

So it would be something like;

else if (weapon.wId === 1) {

value = x - y

} else if (weapon.wId === 2) {

value = z - a

}

is this right?
It would be just weapon.id :)

That is unbelievable awesome, these damage formulas give a whole new level of depth to the game!

Just curious, was there anything like that in previous Makers, or can something like that only archieved by the Power of GreyscullJavascript?

It was possible, but the limitations of the notebox back in the day made it near impossible to achieve because they wordwrapped. This means long code strings would have to be broken up in such a way that it'd be horrendous to work with.

TheGamedawg

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This is due to an error with the RPG Maker MV editor not updating the Actors.json files properly when changing the System tab's equipment type. I'm going to make a guess that you've changed the equipment types within the systems tab to less. Here's how you'll fix it:

1. Go to your game's database system tab. 
  2. Change your equipment types to the original 5, Weapon, Shield, Head, Body, Accessory. Click OK.
  3. Save your project.
  4. Start your game.
  5. Exit your game.
  6. Exit the editor.
  7. Open back up the editor.
  8. Go into your database's actor's tab.
  9. Remove all of the starting equipment. They will have nothing equipped.
  10. Once this is done, go back to the system tab and change it back to Weapon, Accessory, Accessory, Accessory or whatever you wanted it as.
  11. Don't go to the Actor tab yet. Instead, click OK, save your project. Start your game. Exit your game.
  12. Go back into the Database, then reassign your starting equipment.
They really need to get that bug fixed for the MV editor. :/
I'll try that and see what happens.

starcrescendo

Stargazer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
For this, I'll go ahead and link my response I made here. To cut it short, I can do it, but it'd have two results as of now: 1) rewrite the way to do it and break compatibility with other plugins made by other people or 2) don't include it and maintain compatibility with plugins made by other people. I opted for 2 until I can figure out a solution.

I came here to post this and luckily read through the posts first. It makes me sad that the way MV is coded that it makes this hard to do. I really hope all of the expert coders in this community can come up with a way to bypass this so we can have a true no-wait ATB! :) Only making this post to add to the list of people who really do desire this functionality!

EDIT:

Actually. I'm having a possible error report with the ATB system. It seems to be do to when when party character kills an enemy and the other character still has an action to do. The error reads: TypeError Cannot read property of 'startanimation' of undefined.

I have 2 characters in the party. I have the first one with an OP magic spell that kills all enemies. Then when the second character acts, she casts the default fire spell on the dead enemy location and then appears that error.

My scripts are in this order: 

CoreEngine .05

MainMenuManager 1.01

MessageCore 1.03a

BattleEngineCore 1.12a

ActSeqPack1 1.07

ActSeqPack 2 1.04

ActSeqPack3 1.01

BattleSysATB 1.02a

OrangeMoveCharacter (handles pathfinding. Outside of battle)

Edit2: Added version numbers

EDIT3: (WHEW!) I am also now attaching the console as I just learned how to do that with F8 :)

Code:
TypeError: Cannot read property 'startAnimation' of undefined    at file:///E:/Projects/Games/MoonGuardians01/js/plugins/YEP_CoreEngine.js:1594:20    at Array.forEach (native)    at Window_BattleLog.showNormalAnimation (file:///E:/Projects/Games/MoonGuardians01/js/plugins/YEP_CoreEngine.js:1593:18)    at Function.BattleManager.actionActionAnimation (file:///E:/Projects/Games/MoonGuardians01/js/plugins/YEP_BattleEngineCore.js:1816:23)    at Function.BattleManager.processActionSequence (file:///E:/Projects/Games/MoonGuardians01/js/plugins/YEP_BattleEngineCore.js:1453:16)    at Function.BattleManager.processActionSequence (file:///E:/Projects/Games/MoonGuardians01/js/plugins/YEP_X_ActSeqPack1.js:838:58)    at Function.BattleManager.processActionSequence (file:///E:/Projects/Games/MoonGuardians01/js/plugins/YEP_X_ActSeqPack2.js:542:58)    at Function.BattleManager.processActionSequence (file:///E:/Projects/Games/MoonGuardians01/js/plugins/YEP_X_ActSeqPack3.js:382:58)    at Function.BattleManager.processActionSequence (file:///E:/Projects/Games/MoonGuardians01/js/plugins/YEP_X_BattleSysATB.js:1107:57)    at Function.BattleManager.updateActionTargetList (file:///E:/Projects/Games/MoonGuardians01/js/plugins/YEP_BattleEngineCore.js:1409:15)

illuminaZero

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
rpg_managers.js:1618 TypeError: Cannot read property 'call' of undefined
    at Function.BattleManager.tickRate (/js/plugins/YEP_X_BattleSysATB.js:663)
    at Function.BattleManager.updateATBTicks (/js/plugins/YEP_X_BattleSysATB.js:834)
    at Function.BattleManager.updateATBPhase (/js/plugins/YEP_X_BattleSysATB.js:828)
    at Function.BattleManager.update (/js/plugins/YEP_X_BattleSysATB.js:812)
    at Scene_Battle.updateBattleProcess (rpg_scenes.js:2050)
    at Scene_Battle.update (rpg_scenes.js:2042)
    at Function.SceneManager.updateScene (rpg_managers.js:1673)
    at Function.SceneManager.updateMain (rpg_managers.js:1641)
    at Function.SceneManager.update (rpg_managers.js:1576)

Any quick fix for this?

BattleEngineCore is turned on and set to atd

Crashes right when the fight starts.

If I use the plugin Commands to turn it off and on, it only sets it to off and does nothing.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
I came here to post this and luckily read through the posts first. It makes me sad that the way MV is coded that it makes this hard to do. I really hope all of the expert coders in this community can come up with a way to bypass this so we can have a true no-wait ATB! :) Only making this post to add to the list of people who really do desire this functionality!

EDIT:

Actually. I'm having a possible error report with the ATB system. It seems to be do to when when party character kills an enemy and the other character still has an action to do. The error reads: TypeError Cannot read property of 'startanimation' of undefined.

I have 2 characters in the party. I have the first one with an OP magic spell that kills all enemies. Then when the second character acts, she casts the default fire spell on the dead enemy location and then appears that error.

My scripts are in this order: 

CoreEngine .05

MainMenuManager 1.01

MessageCore 1.03a

BattleEngineCore 1.12a

ActSeqPack1 1.07

ActSeqPack 2 1.04

ActSeqPack3 1.01

BattleSysATB 1.02a

OrangeMoveCharacter (handles pathfinding. Outside of battle)

Edit2: Added version numbers

EDIT3: (WHEW!) I am also now attaching the console as I just learned how to do that with F8 :)

TypeError: Cannot read property 'startAnimation' of undefined at file:///E:/Projects/Games/MoonGuardians01/js/plugins/YEP_CoreEngine.js:1594:20 at Array.forEach (native) at Window_BattleLog.showNormalAnimation (file:///E:/Projects/Games/MoonGuardians01/js/plugins/YEP_CoreEngine.js:1593:18) at Function.BattleManager.actionActionAnimation (file:///E:/Projects/Games/MoonGuardians01/js/plugins/YEP_BattleEngineCore.js:1816:23) at Function.BattleManager.processActionSequence (file:///E:/Projects/Games/MoonGuardians01/js/plugins/YEP_BattleEngineCore.js:1453:16) at Function.BattleManager.processActionSequence (file:///E:/Projects/Games/MoonGuardians01/js/plugins/YEP_X_ActSeqPack1.js:838:58) at Function.BattleManager.processActionSequence (file:///E:/Projects/Games/MoonGuardians01/js/plugins/YEP_X_ActSeqPack2.js:542:58) at Function.BattleManager.processActionSequence (file:///E:/Projects/Games/MoonGuardians01/js/plugins/YEP_X_ActSeqPack3.js:382:58) at Function.BattleManager.processActionSequence (file:///E:/Projects/Games/MoonGuardians01/js/plugins/YEP_X_BattleSysATB.js:1107:57) at Function.BattleManager.updateActionTargetList (file:///E:/Projects/Games/MoonGuardians01/js/plugins/YEP_BattleEngineCore.js:1409:15)
Thanks for the catch and detailed explanation! Others have mentioned the same bug to me before, but since they didn't explain how they got it, I wasn't sure of how to replicate it. But now that I managed to do it, I managed to fix it, too!

You can grab the fix here: http://yanfly.moe/2015/11/07/plugin-updates-round-16/#more-608

rpg_managers.js:1618 TypeError: Cannot read property 'call' of undefined

at Function.BattleManager.tickRate (/js/plugins/YEP_X_BattleSysATB.js:663)

at Function.BattleManager.updateATBTicks (/js/plugins/YEP_X_BattleSysATB.js:834)

at Function.BattleManager.updateATBPhase (/js/plugins/YEP_X_BattleSysATB.js:828)

at Function.BattleManager.update (/js/plugins/YEP_X_BattleSysATB.js:812)

at Scene_Battle.updateBattleProcess (rpg_scenes.js:2050)

at Scene_Battle.update (rpg_scenes.js:2042)

at Function.SceneManager.updateScene (rpg_managers.js:1673)

at Function.SceneManager.updateMain (rpg_managers.js:1641)

at Function.SceneManager.update (rpg_managers.js:1576)

Any quick fix for this?

BattleEngineCore is turned on and set to atd

Crashes right when the fight starts.

If I use the plugin Commands to turn it off and on, it only sets it to off and does nothing.

You're using an outdated version of Battle Engine Core without the updates. You can download the newest versions of the plugins from here:

http://yanfly.moe/2015/11/07/plugin-updates-round-16/#more-608

TheGamedawg

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This is due to an error with the RPG Maker MV editor not updating the Actors.json files properly when changing the System tab's equipment type. I'm going to make a guess that you've changed the equipment types within the systems tab to less. Here's how you'll fix it:

1. Go to your game's database system tab. 
  2. Change your equipment types to the original 5, Weapon, Shield, Head, Body, Accessory. Click OK.
  3. Save your project.
  4. Start your game.
  5. Exit your game.
  6. Exit the editor.
  7. Open back up the editor.
  8. Go into your database's actor's tab.
  9. Remove all of the starting equipment. They will have nothing equipped.
  10. Once this is done, go back to the system tab and change it back to Weapon, Accessory, Accessory, Accessory or whatever you wanted it as.
  11. Don't go to the Actor tab yet. Instead, click OK, save your project. Start your game. Exit your game.
  12. Go back into the Database, then reassign your starting equipment.
They really need to get that bug fixed for the MV editor. :/
I'm sorry but it didn't seem to of worked.  I have a few questions though.  You state that this is a bug with MV's database as a whole, and I would imagine that the MV team is working hard to iron out that kind of thing.  So even though I can't get this to work right now, what would you say the likelihood of the bug in MV being fixed and the problem resolving itself as a result.  Is the bug already reported?

And what exactly is a Actors.json?  Where is it located, and as someone who isn't too code-savy, how difficult would it be to edit it directly and fix the problem from the inside-out?

illuminaZero

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
I freakin' thought so! I don't know much Java but hoping to get my learn on with this software. I appreciate the help my friend!

Though now it seems to be working I can not see the speed gauges during a battle... either one ( 1 or 2 ). It does seem to give me my turn on time and everything, just can't see them. Tried to re-install both plug-ins and check all the others. Nothing yet... anyone else?

Sol Rising

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
i'm trying to make a duo tech skill with jay's duo tech plugin to have the 2nd actor in party move around along with the attack animation with the 1st actor. Is there a way to do this in the action sequence expansions? I only know how to move the user actor

nvm figured it out,

character x used to select ID target. Thank you.

Fernyfer775

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
EDIT: Hello Senpai Yanfly!

Is there any chance that the ItemUpgradeSlots can be modified to alter S-param and X-params?

Example: Adding a rune that will reduce the "PDR" S-Param by x%.

metronome

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (Sure!)
Primarily Uses
Thanks for the catch! I got this fixed: http://yanfly.moe/plugins/en/YEP_ItemCore.js
Hi yanfly,

thanks for the reply.

As of 1.08 Item Core fix

I find another problem with your itemcore plugin.

Let's say I want to set the number of item 25 possessed by the party into variable 100.

After your 1.08 Item Core fix, I can set it with no problem by going to event editor and go through usual stuffs (click on control variables, select "variable 100", set it to "item" 25 possessed by party).

But then I find out that if I want to do this through script call 

$gameVariables.setValue(100, $gameParty._items[25]), the V[100] will -again- always return 0.

I think your Item Core doesn't work with script call.

Another problem that I don't know if this is intended or not:

Setting number of weapons or armors on a variable you want will not work if your item core plugin is up...

and I think this is intended but I will ask anyway:

without item core plugin turned on, I can't use the equip core (etypeId undefined error).

Hate to annoy you, but could you please check on it?

Thanks as always.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Hi yanfly,

thanks for the reply.

As of 1.08 Item Core fix

I find another problem with your itemcore plugin.

Let's say I want to set the number of item 25 possessed by the party into variable 100.

After your 1.08 Item Core fix, I can set it with no problem by going to event editor and go through usual stuffs (click on control variables, select "variable 100", set it to "item" 25 possessed by party).

But then I find out that if I want to do this through script call 

$gameVariables.setValue(100, $gameParty._items[25]), the V[100] will -again- always return 0.

I think your Item Core doesn't work with script call.

Another problem that I don't know if this is intended or not:

Setting number of weapons or armors on a variable you want will not work if your item core plugin is up...

and I think this is intended but I will ask anyway:

without item core plugin turned on, I can't use the equip core (etypeId undefined error).

Hate to annoy you, but could you please check on it?

Thanks as always.
When you set a variable directly like that from the raw data, it will not retrieve anything but specifically item 25. To which, if you're using independent items for the item category, it will yield nothing because independent items have their own specific item ID's. Use $gameVariables.setValue(100, $gameParty.numIndependentItems($dataItems[25])) instead.

I'm sorry but it didn't seem to of worked.  I have a few questions though.  You state that this is a bug with MV's database as a whole, and I would imagine that the MV team is working hard to iron out that kind of thing.  So even though I can't get this to work right now, what would you say the likelihood of the bug in MV being fixed and the problem resolving itself as a result.  Is the bug already reported?

And what exactly is a Actors.json?  Where is it located, and as someone who isn't too code-savy, how difficult would it be to edit it directly and fix the problem from the inside-out?

Go to your data folder within the game project and look for Actors.json there. Post what you see there into here and I'll tell you if it's unupdated data or not. 

RyanBram

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi Ryan:

1. Go to the plugin's parameters. Under the 'Initial Speed' setting, type in the formula of how you want the ATB gauge to be filled up randomly.

2. Go to the plugin's parameters. Under Charge Gauge, replace it with 0.

3. For active ATB, I'll link to this again: http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/48860-yep-yanfly-engine-plugins-newest-battle-system-atb-plugin-count-24/page-6#entry491855
Dear, Yanfly.

Thanks for answering my questions. I tried your solution and these are the result:

• I use the following formula for random initial gauge
    Math.floor((Math.random() * 2500) + 1)The result is only the first random battle will affected with above formula. The next random battle will start the ATB gauge from zero again. Also I cannot find a way to make ATB gauge to start in fully 100% in "upper hand" condition ;
  • If I replace charge gauge with 0, the character will behave randomly and not following my action sequences 2. The solution is I use 1 for plugin parameter.
  • Okay, I understand the problem. But is there a way to skip the actor action which ATB gauge is already full and let the ATB gauge flow again until the next actor ATB gauge is full and take action with him by skipping previous actor. (I hope my words is not complicated to understand, sorry :D  ).
Thank you for your attention.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Dear, Yanfly.

Thanks for answering my questions. I tried your solution and these are the result:

• I use the following formula for random initial gauge
    Math.floor((Math.random() * 2500) + 1)The result is only the first random battle will affected with above formula. The next random battle will start the ATB gauge from zero again. Also I cannot find a way to make ATB gauge to start in fully 100% in "upper hand" condition ;
  • If I replace charge gauge with 0, the character will behave randomly and not following my action sequences 2. The solution is I use 1 for plugin parameter.
  • Okay, I understand the problem. But is there a way to skip the actor action which ATB gauge is already full and let the ATB gauge flow again until the next actor ATB gauge is full and take action with him by skipping previous actor. (I hope my words is not complicated to understand, sorry :D  ).
Thank you for your attention.
There was a small update this morning that should fix that issue. :)

http://yanfly.moe/plugins/en/YEP_X_BattleSysATB.js

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Here's Azrael sprite with the fire weapon, hope it came out good.
A13774F4-298B-4F4D-B639-E6921E49FCC2.jpeg
Art test for a victory title screen change
illuminatigirl.png
Illuminati may be just a cover-up for the actual secret society of Illuminaughty. :kaojoy:
Got distracted... again. So now I'm on project.... 5? 6? I can't even remember off the top of my head how many plugins I have in the works. Though I blame the latest two on a coding youtuber I watch occasionally. He codes in C++ but walks through the process well enough that it inspires me to do similar things for JS plugins. So... blame him for my lack of activity. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
besosama