Reaction score
First Language
English (US)
Primarily Uses
N/A

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
I figured it out, looks like an issue that occurs when the enemy you are facing is a SV_actor instead of the standard static battler image. When the enemy is a static image the HP displays normally. So for this sample project I included the animated enemies plugin.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/9nzitb3t4kppd9b/Project1.7z

If you scale your sprite 500% times, the gauge is going to be 500% times larger, too. This is expected and working properly and NOT an issue with my plugin.

C42yCzO.jpg

I'm also going to ask of you to refrain from needlessly posting what you deem to be bugs without considering or properly checking your own plugin settings first. This has happened multiple times with you already and I've spent more time on faux "bug" reports than I would have liked. Otherwise, I will have to start refusing support given to you.

NeoPGX

~ King of Cuteness ~
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (US)
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm also going to ask of you to refrain from needlessly posting what you deem to be bugs without considering or properly checking your own plugin settings first. This has happened multiple times with you already and I've spent more time on faux "bug" reports than I would have liked. Otherwise, I will have to start refusing support given to you.

Here's the thing tho, the gauge didn't actually scale like that until I updated battle core engine. if the width of the battler was greater than the specified minimum width of the HP Bar, the  HP bar itself scaled to the battlers width, not beyond that. Again this was before I updated the Battle Core Engine plugin. I was using 1.06 before last night.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
You're out of luck then. I ran a console.log for both the width of the sprite and the width of the gauge. Both have the same matching value. I suggest you don't use the plugin then if it's not to your exact liking.

NeoPGX

~ King of Cuteness ~
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (US)
Primarily Uses
N/A
You're out of luck then. I ran a console.log for both the width of the sprite and the width of the gauge. Both have the same matching value. I suggest you don't use the plugin then if it's not to your exact liking.

If that's the case then the gauge shouldn't be scaling beyond the screen or more importantly beyond the width of the battler itself.

Am I right? But if you went into the little battle scene I made on the map. you'd notice it's doing exactly that.

Also I would like to point out another thing I noticed just now.

For SV_actors if I use  

<Sideview Width: x>

<Sideview Height: x>

For some reason the size of the sv_actor doesn't change all BUT the width of the gauge does change.

EDIT: I tried using <Scale Sprite: 500%> on a static battler image and it did not give the same problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks!

Now Yanfly I apologize if this sounds like a stupid question.

But I notice you have both allow and restrict region settings in your Region Restrictions plugin, what exactly would be the point of having both set in the first place? 

EDIT: Earlier I was having an issue with escape_fix.js  not working, and as it turned out, the reason why is because Battle Core was outdated, so I updated that fixing the issue and now the the HP bar for the enemy stretches horizontally all the way across the screen. I use your plugin for the enemy HP bar assuming other such plugins exist that is.

Having the region allow is really really helpful if you're doing parallax mapping. Using Region Allow, lets your characters walk on the image.

Region restrict is helpful for regular mapping i think, as you can set up invisible walls, keep events from going places they shouldn't be, and so on and so forth. It's much easier than randomly going into the database and switching the passibility of tiles every time you find something you dont want people walking on :)

Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The Battle Engine Core enables an "immortal" status on actors while attacking to show the full brunt of a multiple hit attack instead of stopping midway. I'll get that checked out though.

The synthesis option is already inside the plugin within one of the latest updates:

* ============================================================================
* Plugin Commands
* ============================================================================
* The following are Plugin Commands you may use with events.
* Plugin Command:
* OpenSynthesis Opens up the Synthesis Scene from the field.
* ShowSynthesis Shows the Synthesis command from the main menu.
* HideSynthesis Hides the Synthesis command from the main menu.
* EnableSynthesis Enables the Synthesis command from the main menu.
* DisableSynthesis Disables the Synthesis command from the main menu.
* For those who wish to make the player synthesize only specific recipes, you
* can use the following command.
* OpenSynthesis Item 15 Recipe
* - or -
* OpenSynthesis Weapon 20 Recipe
* - or -
* OpenSynthesis Armor 30 Recipe
* This will make the synthesis menu, when opened up, only allow the recipes of
* the Item 15, Weapon 20, or Armor 30 without needing it and not showing the
* recipes of any recipe items within the player's inventory.

As for the sound, no, there's no option that alters that midgame.

AWESOME! Thanks!

Sorry, it can get pretty confusing scrolling through the plugins as they are so complex. I just totally missed that entire aspect.

As for the sound, do you have any plans to implement that? I love the system, I just think that would be a nice addition.
The only ACTUAL thing that seems kind of like a bug is.... The Actor Ready sound effect doesn't play anymore, I DID set it to a custom sound, do you think I could be doing something wrong when inputting the name of the file into the plugin? (if i'm too bad at being descriptive, let me know, and I can try and get a few example screenshots/videos put together.

-Thanks in advance!

jonthefox

Elementary School Teacher, 2x Cancer Survivor
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
May have found a bug with the message core extension.  When the player is facing upward towards an event, everything works correctly, but when he's facing the event from the left or right, for some reason, this one random line of dialogue doesn't align correctly with the event even though it is tagged to do so.  Attached are 3 screenshots:  the one where it works correctly, the one where it doesn't work correctly, and a screenshot of the event.

Works.png

Doesnt Work.png

Event.png

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
AWESOME! Thanks!

Sorry, it can get pretty confusing scrolling through the plugins as they are so complex. I just totally missed that entire aspect.

As for the sound, do you have any plans to implement that? I love the system, I just think that would be a nice addition.
The only ACTUAL thing that seems kind of like a bug is.... The Actor Ready sound effect doesn't play anymore, I DID set it to a custom sound, do you think I could be doing something wrong when inputting the name of the file into the plugin? (if i'm too bad at being descriptive, let me know, and I can try and get a few example screenshots/videos put together.

-Thanks in advance!

If you set up a custom sound, make sure it's the right file name and an acceptable MV file type.

May have found a bug with the message core extension.  When the player is facing upward towards an event, everything works correctly, but when he's facing the event from the left or right, for some reason, this one random line of dialogue doesn't align correctly with the event even though it is tagged to do so.  Attached are 3 screenshots:  the one where it works correctly, the one where it doesn't work correctly, and a screenshot of the event.

Hidden Content

Your message window is too wide. If it were to center on the event, it would go off the screen. The plugin has an auto correction aspect to prevent the windows from going off the screen. Make your message smaller in width and it will center better. If that's not an option for you, split up your message into two parts.

NeoPGX

~ King of Cuteness ~
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (US)
Primarily Uses
N/A
OK I have a question, is it possible to make an SV_Actor enemy use a custom weapon image with the Weapon Animation plugin?

Edit: I just installed the map gold window plugin and I didn't see an option to change the background anywhere, is this possible? I wanna use dim instead of window.

Corniflex

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Hello again !

Like I said earlier, I have some idea of upgrade for your plugins I wanted to try to implement myself and here's the first one :

Aftermath Level Up : Displaying the unlocked classes.

YEP_X_AftermathLevelUp V1.01.png

(Took in 1920x1080)

Everything is toggleable and parametrable through configuration and I tried several resolutions and it work fine (as long as the columns are not too big of course).

About the code, I modified both AftermathLevelUp and VictoryAftermath. The latter is because I followed the way the skills were handled.

I also had to change a the way the character column width was calculated because I had no idea how to do it otherwise and now it's no longer the same size as the skills column.

Finally, as I am a big noob in MV Scripting, I hope I didn't put a mess in your scripts !

The next thing I'll try will be adding the "Unlocked but not learned" skills to this same screen (When used with YEP_SkillLearnSystem).

View attachment YEP_VictoryAftermath.js

View attachment YEP_X_AftermathLevelUp.js

jonthefox

Elementary School Teacher, 2x Cancer Survivor
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
If you set up a custom sound, make sure it's the right file name and an acceptable MV file type.

Your message window is too wide. If it were to center on the event, it would go off the screen. The plugin has an auto correction aspect to prevent the windows from going off the screen. Make your message smaller in width and it will center better. If that's not an option for you, split up your message into two parts.

Ah, that fixed it, thank you!   Having another problem now though.  

For some reason, the name box and message window will act like there's no room above and so show up in a randomly different spot.  I don't know why it does this, because it happens even when there is clearly plenty of space above it on the screen still.  Attached are two screenshots, one showing how the name box and message window get moved away from where they should be, and the other showing that there is clearly room on the map above the event for it to appear.

SeeEvent.png

NameBox.png

theolis-wolfpaw

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Immortality doesn't seem to work properly with Skill Core. You do stay alive but you can't select any skills, attack, or guard, though you can use items.

Plugin Name: Skill Core

Error Message: There's no actual error message

How to Replicate Bug: I was able to get this bug with a new project, with the only plugin being Skill Core. At the start of battle you just apply the default immortality state (i.e. resist the death state) to the party or enemies and when they reach 0 HP they can't do anything but use items.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page

Hello again !

Like I said earlier, I have some idea of upgrade for your plugins I wanted to try to implement myself and here's the first one :

Aftermath Level Up : Displaying the unlocked classes.

View attachment 30897

(Took in 1920x1080)

Everything is toggleable and parametrable through configuration and I tried several resolutions and it work fine (as long as the columns are not too big of course).

About the code, I modified both AftermathLevelUp and VictoryAftermath. The latter is because I followed the way the skills were handled.

I also had to change a the way the character column width was calculated because I had no idea how to do it otherwise and now it's no longer the same size as the skills column.

Finally, as I am a big noob in MV Scripting, I hope I didn't put a mess in your scripts !

The next thing I'll try will be adding the "Unlocked but not learned" skills to this same screen (When used with YEP_SkillLearnSystem).

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page

View attachment 30899

View attachment 30902

Ooh, that's nice! Great work there!

Immortality doesn't seem to work properly with Skill Core. You do stay alive but you can't select any skills, attack, or guard, though you can use items.

How to Replicate Bug: I was able to get this bug with a new project, with the only plugin being Skill Core. At the start of battle you just apply the default immortality state (i.e. resist the death state) to the party or enemies and when they reach 0 HP they can't do anything but use items.

Since I cannot reproduce the error, I'm going to ask you to do the following.

1. Download all the newest updates of the plugin.
2. Create a new project.
3. Install -only- the affected plugins. If you're using non-YEP plugins, do NOT include them.
4. Make sure they're in the right order listed on http://yanfly.moe/yep/
5. Recreate the error.
6. Archive the project with WinZip or WinRAR. Do not archive it multiple times. It does not compress it further.
7. Upload the project online (do -not- deploy it) to a website like MediaFire.com or Mega.co.nz or Dropbox.
8. Post the link here and I'll take a look at it.

Thanks for helping!

Ghost of Christmas Kloe

The Icecream Princess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
OK I have a question, is it possible to make an SV_Actor enemy use a custom weapon image with the Weapon Animation plugin?

The note-tags are useable with Skills, Weapons, Armors, Classes, Actors and ENEMIES, so just add the Weapon's correct notetags to get it to work e.g

<Weapon Image: 9>

<Weapon Motion: missile> 

(This would work to add an enemy with a gun)
<Weapon Image: Greatsword1>

(Just replace for your own custom weapon)

And either works by just adding the note-tags to the enemy notetag box! Remember to always read the 

Actor, Class, Enemy, Weapon, Armor, State notetags:

bit on all the plugins

Corniflex

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Here are some other updates (and the last for now) :

This one is for View attachment YEP_SkillLearnSystem.js and give the ability to display skills you don't met the level requirement (but you still can't learn them).

YEP_SkillLearnSystem.png

I added the level requirement in the right area, so one can know what skills the class will unlock in further levels.

It's toggelable and text and icon are configurable.

I also added a configuration for choosing the sorting order of the skill list. It can be by ID, Name or Lv Requirement.

I wanted to be able to change the order ingame (with the press of a button ?) but I'm not skilled enough yet to do it.

A also updated View attachment YEP_VictoryAftermath.js : You can now toggle the showing of "Unlocked Skills" when also using YEP_SkillLearnSystem. They will be displayed in the same list as the "Learned skills". It also works with YEP_X_AftermathLevelUp.

Finally there was a bug with my update of View attachment YEP_X_AftermathLevelUp.js with the new "Unlocked Classes" window not being closed so I fixed it.

NeoPGX

~ King of Cuteness ~
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (US)
Primarily Uses
N/A
The note-tags are useable with Skills, Weapons, Armors, Classes, Actors and ENEMIES, so just add the Weapon's correct notetags to get it to work e.g

And either works by just adding the note-tags to the enemy notetag box! Remember to always read the 

bit on all the plugins

Thanks a lot! :D

theolis-wolfpaw

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English

Since I cannot reproduce the error, I'm going to ask you to do the following.

1. Download all the newest updates of the plugin.
2. Create a new project.
3. Install -only- the affected plugins. If you're using non-YEP plugins, do NOT include them.
4. Make sure they're in the right order listed on http://yanfly.moe/yep/
5. Recreate the error.
6. Archive the project with WinZip or WinRAR. Do not archive it multiple times. It does not compress it further.
7. Upload the project online (do -not- deploy it) to a website like MediaFire.com or Mega.co.nz or Dropbox.
8. Post the link here and I'll take a look at it.

Thanks for helping!

Here you go https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzQ9vFTvg938Slc5YWRuaGw2S3M/view?usp=sharing I've never shared with Google Drive, so hopefully that works. I did everything you said to; Troop 1 is set up for the test right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

And my new character is complete!... at least the design now i gotta do spriting :kaoswt:
Screenshot_20221208-134313_Autodesk SketchBook.jpg
gotta love when an update is forced when yer in the middle of making a map and ya didnt save in a half hour XD least its still in my head..nvrmind lost 2 maps ;-;
I'm on my phone at work. Don't tell my boss - oh, never mind. He just walked in.
Also, it's been a while since I posted haha!
ScreenShot_12_7_2022_8_57_56.png
part of the common event help menu I'm working on. I used Yanfly's Common Event Menu to set it up and here's a screen of once you've selected one of the options. This one explains the 6 different battle commands.
KDS
Hey guys! Iam currently updating my free digital art shop , let me know if you need anything done :) https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/kds-free-open-digital-art-shop.17097/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fiddleling