Silenity

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You should suggest people to use this and manually remove some of their files for smaller projects ^_^

jvcscasio

Writer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
I want to stop the player from jumping when they are in the World map, is there a way to avoid or turn off jumping in certain maps?

NeoPGX

~ King of Cuteness ~
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (US)
Primarily Uses
N/A
Just wanted to tell you this @Yanfly,

Great plugins as always! I look forward to see what you have coming up this week in tomorrow's video. 

Have a wonderful day! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Lionheart_84

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
At the moment, I'll be keeping them all visible so the player has a visible representation of what can be stolen. I figured this is the best approach since the concept comes from SRPG's where you can see a unit's entire inventory at once when deciding on what to steal. However, I can add an option later down the road to give the option to hide those.

What do you mean?

2j2cc3l.png

You created the plugin to fill the TP gauge based on actions taken in battle .... (type FFX) so my question was the following ... do something like that, however, influence the filling of the Party Limit gauge ...

Create the same screen to set what type of TP mode set:

EX:
By setting "Stoic" ... "Raise TP by guarding in battle or receiving damage".
  and at this point to create:

By setting "Stoic" ... "Raise Party Limit Gauge by guarding in battle or receiving damage".

I realized that I want to say ???

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
I want to stop the player from jumping when they are in the World map, is there a way to avoid or turn off jumping in certain maps?

Are you using the button common events? If you are, you can make a conditional branch to check what map the player is on before you allow the plugin command to go through. :)

2j2cc3l.png

You created the plugin to fill the TP gauge based on actions taken in battle .... (type FFX) so my question was the following ... do something like that, however, influence the filling of the Party Limit gauge ...

Create the same screen to set what type of TP mode set:

EX:
By setting "Stoic" ... "Raise TP by guarding in battle or receiving damage".
  and at this point to create:

By setting "Stoic" ... "Raise Party Limit Gauge by guarding in battle or receiving damage".

I realized that I want to say ???

You want TP modes for how battlers gain Party Limit Gauge? Is that what you mean?

Lionheart_84

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Are you using the button common events? If you are, you can make a conditional branch to check what map the player is on before you allow the plugin command to go through. :)

You want TP modes for how battlers gain Party Limit Gauge? Is that what you mean?

Yes ... in other words ... yes !!! :D .... you can do ??? ;)

Chaos17

Dreamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Is there a way with the enemy level plugin to give less exp if the player is higher level than the monsters ?

Something like FF8.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Yes ... in other words ... yes !!! :D .... you can do ??? ;)

I can, but I won't be doing it for now. It's not something of high priority (the plugins on the plugin poll winners are). All plugins take a lot of time to make.

Is there a way with the enemy level plugin to give less exp if the player is higher level than the monsters ?

Something like FF8.

Not individually per actor if you mean. Enemy EXP, when calculated, is put into a pool first and then distributed across the party. However, you can alter the formula for the EXP to be relative to the party's average level or whichever. I included a list of those in the Lunatic Mode:

* $gameParty.lowestLevelAllMembers()
* - This will return the lowest level of all party members.
* $gameParty.lowestLevelBattleMembers()
* - This will return the lowest level of all battle members.
* $gameParty.averageLevelAllMembers()
* - This will return the average level of all party members.
* $gameParty.averageLevelBattleMembers()
* - This will return the average level of all battle members.
* $gameParty.highestLevelAllMembers()
* - This will return the highest level of all party members.
* $gameParty.highestLevelBattleMembers()
* - This will return the highest level of all battle members.

Just have it modified relative to how you wish it to be set up. :)

Chaos17

Dreamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
I guess, lunatic mode is bit above my level but thanks anyway.

I will give it a try.

Edit : I've to admit, I hope someone will make a tutorial of how to use math and formula in that lunatic mode because I'm a total noob.

4fd9f2d3.gif

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
I am having this same issue. Any way of fixing this?

This should already have been fixed in the latest update.

Edit : I've to admit, I hope someone will make a tutorial of how to use math and formula in that lunatic mode because I'm a total noob.

4fd9f2d3.gif

This is current formula in the plugin parameters:

base * (1 + (level - 1) * rate) + (flat * (level - 1))

Alter it to something like this: 

base * (1 + (level - 1 - Math.max(0, $gameParty.highestLevelBattleMembers() - level)) * rate) + (flat * (level - 1 - Math.max(0, $gameParty.highestLevelBattleMembers() - level)))

It's not a perfect formula, but you should modify it a bit to see what fits your needs.

Aidensmercy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
I just now downloaded the plugin.

It seems to happen to me only at the beginning scene.

when i go to any other menu though, the gauge dissapears, whether it's supposed to or not, I don't mind that, just the beginning part, where it says the enemy's appear.

ta3SyDR.png

rFphgDY.png

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Position either the gauge higher or move the message box elsewhere. If that's not a choice, then I suggest you disable it.

I cannot provide make a fix for every single possible combination out there. If this is something you cannot accommodate, I suggest you don't use this plugin then.

Aidensmercy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
ok, i had the plugin at the very bottim of my list, and it was overlapping like that, now i moved it up, still having an issue, but it's when i have it above YEP_SkillCore, it doesnt show up at all. I put it right below it, and it's still having the overlapping issue.

Is there maybe just a way to stop that enemy emerging window from showing?

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
ok, i had the plugin at the very bottim of my list, and it was overlapping like that, now i moved it up, still having an issue, but it's when i have it above YEP_SkillCore, it doesnt show up at all. I put it right below it, and it's still having the overlapping issue.

Is there maybe just a way to stop that enemy emerging window from showing?

The Battle Engine Core already prevents that.

Aidensmercy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
ah, well i suppose that could be an problem, for me then, your battle core plugin is not compatible with alot of the plugins that I am using, so i cant use it.

but i have found a solution to my problem at any rate, using Galv's message background plugin, it puts the messages above the party limit gauge and bar, plus it looks neat, so it's a win.

Great plugin by the way, Very happy I can use it!

and thanks for the quick reply's and the help.

Feldherren

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Back in RPG Maker VX Ace I wrote a plugin that essentially let you turn actors (or enemies) into weapons or other equipment. Is it possible to directly alter the parameters of individual equipment items with just the Item Core script, or do we need to write an entire new script based on it to be able to dynamically alter parameters, traits and other details during play?

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Back in RPG Maker VX Ace I wrote a plugin that essentially let you turn actors (or enemies) into weapons or other equipment. Is it possible to directly alter the parameters of individual equipment items with just the Item Core script, or do we need to write an entire new script based on it to be able to dynamically alter parameters, traits and other details during play?

None of my plugins are able to do that currently. That's an entirely different gameplay mechanic and since it's so specialized, you may as well recreate it in MV for yourself just like you did from Ace.

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I know it's a lot to ask and I'm kind of annoy (well really annoying,) but I think that you should:

-Find someone who is good at understand Javascript to help answer questions for you.

-I still don't know why your plugins are missing a separate board. It will help keep your questions organized.

Crimson Dragon Inc.

Crimson Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
party limit gauge @_@ oh the amazing oppertunities you get from that.... but..... do i have to make whole party moves to use it or can i have skills that run off the gauge (was thinking of like a synergy or force gauge for certain skills.....)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Hope he recovers fast :|
Looks like it's functional:
It's a common thing to forget eating &drinking while you are working concentrated, right?
If I had discovered RPG-Maker before moving together with my girlfriend, I'd have died of dehydration a long time ago.
Ami
trying to change my picture & got screwed up...
I've been busy working on my next music pack, and I've also been busy composing some personal compositions. Depending on the type of mood and setting, sometimes I just really love the sound of music created in lofi mono. It has its charm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petsterr