johnnymate12222

Johnny Mate
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello there, I would need a little modify on this plugin I'm using.

I found in this thread a modified version of Yanfly's "Event Mini Label" plugin which I'm using to show text on screen, as you would do with a textbox, except in this case you can place it anywhere and it doesn't disappear.

My question was: is it possible to modify this plugin to make it work with event note tags instead comment tags?
(this because with this script: $gameMap.event(id).event().meta["tag"] I would change the notetag therefore changing the text on the screen without having to make a new event page with a new comment tag)

Thank you very much for your time!

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Plugin Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

If you change the note tag on an event, it will only be changed while you stay on that map - if you leave the map and return, the notetag will be reloaded with the original value.

johnnymate12222

Johnny Mate
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I suppose that with original value you mean the value from the editor note box (am I right?).
I don't mean to put any value in the box, I'll just leave it blank and use the script to show the text, but I need the plugin to read the notetags to do so.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

"Today I will totally open up RPG Maker and work on my game. I have lots of ideas!"

End of day spoiler: It didn't happen.
years later and I still couldn't get over the fact that Konami killed P.T. and Silent Hills. Oh so much potential for a new modern classic horror.
Finished reworking the design of my Itch.io page <3 Back to making plugins.
I kind of want make a map that's just giant version of the player that's they're running around on. Either by stringing together multiple maps or just by shrinking the player sprite for those maps. Actually that might make a fun reveal... The player's on a normal looking map, but then as realization dawns on them it zooms out to show a much larger map that's a giant version of the player. :LZSexcite:
Do you like to practice level design? I do hahahaha! It's not from a specific game, it's just some tests...Fase 1.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thaumaturge