AeroFunk80

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm using Yanfly's Animated SV Enemies plugin. Both player and enemies are battle sprites. The issue I'm running into is that when the player attacks an enemy, his weapon swings above them (which I want since it looks better). However; when the enemy attacks... their swing goes behind the player. I checked the plugin parameters and cannot find a way to fix this. Any ideas on how to make the enemy swing/attack above the player, as well?

1632806831384.png
1632806874328.png

AeroFunk80

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Last question: Is a patch script something that could be requested? Or commissioned? Wanted to double-check before I asked for it. Not 100% sure what that is or if it would go against Yanfly's plugin requirements. Is that considered changing/modifying the plugin? Or would a patch script be separate and permitted? Wanted to ask before I requested it in another forum/thread.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Last question: Is a patch script something that could be requested? Or commissioned?
Yes. Yanfly's terms of use do not attempt to prohibit people from writing additional plugins.

I would avoid asking for a "patch script," as that is non-standard terminology and you might waste your first few replies on people asking clarifying questions - if something is modifying the code in MV, that's a plugin, and if you're modifying a plugin that's a plugin extension.

However, before you go that far, you need to figure out what you're modifying...I don't think this has anything to do with any plugins. If you make an enemy without any sideview graphics and position them so they overlap one of your actors, the default engine behavior is to draw the enemy on a lower layer.

So that is what you want a plugin to change. The other solution is it's very common to have attacks accompanied by an animation to emphasize the impact - that animation would get drawn on top of everything else, covering up how the two sprites overlap.

AeroFunk80

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes. Yanfly's terms of use do not attempt to prohibit people from writing additional plugins.

I would avoid asking for a "patch script," as that is non-standard terminology and you might waste your first few replies on people asking clarifying questions - if something is modifying the code in MV, that's a plugin, and if you're modifying a plugin that's a plugin extension.

However, before you go that far, you need to figure out what you're modifying...I don't think this has anything to do with any plugins. If you make an enemy without any sideview graphics and position them so they overlap one of your actors, the default engine behavior is to draw the enemy on a lower layer.

So that is what you want a plugin to change. The other solution is it's very common to have attacks accompanied by an animation to emphasize the impact - that animation would get drawn on top of everything else, covering up how the two sprites overlap.
Thank you for that explanation. Good to know. I'll mess around with the animation (goal was to use those less and have animations added to the custom sprites-mostly because I HATE making animations LOL), but I could still try it out.

Thanks again. Requesting to have this closed out.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
goal was to use those less and have animations added to the custom sprites-mostly because I HATE making animations
Well, there are a lot included in the default project. For something like this, one of the hit/slash animations might work perfectly well, even if you wanted to size it a down a bit (which is just a few clicks).

AeroFunk80

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, there are a lot included in the default project. For something like this, one of the hit/slash animations might work perfectly well, even if you wanted to size it a down a bit (which is just a few clicks).
Yeah, I'll mess around with that. Thanks :)

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I've been busy trying out different art styles for my game.

Enemies deserve some spotlight also
hackingCompressed.gif
I think I can make a text-based mini-game with almost zero art assets and with code only...just a lot of code as assets all by themselves. :kaojoy:
A video update on the progress I've been making on the cutscenes. :kaosalute:

I wonder if color LUTs is possible for RPG Maker. It would be game changer and can replace the not so good looking tint screen

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RPGThrowawaymaker