Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello! So umm, I've been having some trouble setting up Counter skills. I'm looking for a script call that can list all of the Counter skills that a unit currently has. No matter what I do, it doesn't seem like my characters are gaining any of the Counter skills I give them. I've tried various notetags like <Counter Skills: x> or <Default Counter: x> and even
<Custom Counter Skills> but none of them had any effect. So I'd like to use a script call to check if my characters actually have the Counter skills I gave them. Thanks in advance!

Sword_of_Dusk

Ace Attorney
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just to make sure, you do also have Battle Engine Core installed, right? Aside from that, are the skills not showing up in the characters' skill menus, or are they just not countering when they should?

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just to make sure, you do also have Battle Engine Core installed, right?
Yes, I certainly do.

It actually turns out that the makeCounterSkills() function wasn't being invoked due to me using LeTBS (tactical battle system). So I had to add in a line to the processCounterAttack() function in LeTBS.js: entity.battler().makeCounterSkills();
...and voila! The game is now detecting the Counter skills. ^.^

Also, it seems the script call I was looking for was Game_Battler.counterSkills() where Game_Battler in my case would be BattleManagerTBS.activeBattler().

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Whoever decided that the 5th area of Xenoblade 3 had to be THAT big and be explored in the manner it does needs to be shot. My OCD cannot leave a tiny shard of the map hidden and those controls can go right on and f*** themselves. -.-

/rant off
Raggon wrote on NoPatience's profile.
:kaohi:
Anyone know of any good guides for editing the UI in RMMV?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robertini224