PathosFear

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey, having this issue where having ItemCore enabled adds the starting gear from actor ID's 0003 and 0005 into the starting inventory, even though they are not in the party when the game starts. No gear or otherwise is added. Just the starting weapons. I know this because I tried selecting "none" from starter weapons on these actors (took a lot of trial and error to figure out where the items were coming from), and the items stopped appearing.

Is this some setting I am missing? Or some odd bug/conflict with something else? Anyone else experienced it?

Is there a solution? I don't like the thought of keeping a bugged add-on. Who knows what else it will conjure up further on xD

The plugins I use are select stuff from Yanfly, AltMenuScreen, a keyboard and a game pad control bind menu script, the animated SV battler script, and some other misc stuff that don't touch inventory management at all.

Thanks!

MuteDay

Mutation Engine
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
best way is to call $gameParty.initAllItems(); from a event that plays at start up it is how i fixed it

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Have you updated your plug-in? This is a known bug with the version that was released with the launch of MV, but has since been fixed.

PathosFear

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
N/A
Have you updated your plug-in? This is a known bug with the version that was released with the launch of MV, but has since been fixed.
I have the latest versions. Downloaded the latest "all scripts and updates since release" package from yanfly.moe

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Now did you properly install them? You have to deactivate the old plug in, then save, then add the plug in back in. Otherwise, it stays on the new version.

If that is not it, and this happens on a new project with only Yanfly plug-ins installed, you should let Yanfly know about it on their thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you should also configure the plugin correctly.

That bug was introduced because the item core also contains a setting about equipment that can never be lost - so please check the plugin if all settings are in the way you need them.

Also, you need to start a new game - old savefiles may contain data from previous plugin versions.

PathosFear

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
N/A
Now did you properly install them? You have to deactivate the old plug in, then save, then add the plug in back in. Otherwise, it stays on the new version.

If that is not it, and this happens on a new project with only Yanfly plug-ins installed, you should let Yanfly know about it on their thread.
Wait, so i have to delete the plugins from the script window, save, and then add them in again? That will lose all the settings i made for the mods -.-

I just copy pasted them over the old .js files and restarted MV. That don't work?

you should also configure the plugin correctly.

That bug was introduced because the item core also contains a setting about equipment that can never be lost - so please check the plugin if all settings are in the way you need them.

Also, you need to start a new game - old savefiles may contain data from previous plugin versions.
What setting would introduce this? I cant find a setting about that.

Also, it is a new game :)

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Yep, afraid so. The reason is until you do that, the old plug-in is referenced and used by your project. Only by deleting it and then adding in the new one can you update it properly.

PathosFear

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yep, afraid so. The reason is until you do that, the old plug-in is referenced and used by your project. Only by deleting it and then adding in the new one can you update it properly.
... That can't be true. I've updated other plugins, namely the AnimatedSVBattler from Rexal without deleting the plugin and adding it again, yet still getting the new functionality from the plugin as well as bug fixes. Are Yanfly's plugins special? :S

EDIT: In any event, it didn't work. I deleted it, saved, turned of MV, started it again, and added the script again. The items still magically appear in my inventory for no bloody reason xD

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You're getting lucky if it works without the delete command, as the official directions (as far as I know...Andar, maybe you can correct me on this?) are to delete then add them in. Best to just do that every time.

Now if you have done this with all plug-ins and it still happens, the next step is to disable plug-ins one by one and see if it goes away. Try disabling all non-Yanlfy plug-ins first, if it goes away its a compatibility issue with their plug ins and another. If not, let Yanfly know as it is a bug with their plug-in directly.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
then you either have another plugin conflicting, or a forgotten event that really add the items.

Can you give a screenshot of your plugin manager for us to check which other plugins might affect this?

Otherwise you'll probably have to upload the data somewhere so that someone else can check on your project to find the bug.

PathosFear

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
N/A
then you either have another plugin conflicting, or a forgotten event that really add the items.

Can you give a screenshot of your plugin manager for us to check which other plugins might affect this?

Otherwise you'll probably have to upload the data somewhere so that someone else can check on your project to find the bug.
I have tried disabling other plugins. Only disabling YEP_ItemCore makes the items not appear. And no, it's not an event. For two reasons: If it was, disabling ItemCore would not make them not appear. Secondly, it wouldn't be adding specific actor ID's starting items, and even so, removing their starting items wouldn't affect the Change Items command. So no, it's not an event :)

After updating all the yanfly plugins ill try disabling everything and see if that helps.

PathosFear

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
N/A
And here's the plugin screens you wanted :)

PluginManager1.png

PluginManager2.png

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Can you post screenshots of the starting equipment your actors have.

Then, post what your data/Actors.json show? I have a feeling it's MV not updating the database properly again.

PathosFear

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
N/A
Can you post screenshots of the starting equipment your actors have.

Then, post what your data/Actors.json show? I have a feeling it's MV not updating the database properly again.
Sure thing boss.

Couldn't upload the Actors.json but i copy pasted the contents into a .txt instead and uploaded that :)

So, in short, a cestus and a wooden staff always end up in my inventory. Unless it's a symptom of a much larger problem i guess i could just event the item out of existence. It's just that I am worried it could lead the worse complications down the line :)

ActorID0003.png

ActorID0005.png

Actorsjson.txt

Attachments

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
I'm seeing these equips for the actors you didn't post screenshots of (don't know why you didn't):

"equips":[37,37,0,61,0]

"equips":[13,6,0,0,0]

"equips":[19,46,0,1,0]

Are any of those equipment ID's the "mysterious" items you're getting?

PathosFear

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm seeing these equips for the actors you didn't post screenshots of (don't know why you didn't):

"equips":[37,37,0,61,0]

"equips":[13,6,0,0,0]

"equips":[19,46,0,1,0]

Are any of those equipment ID's the "mysterious" items you're getting?
I didn't post screenshots of the other actors because it isn't their weapons that appear in my inventory :) It's Silt's and Morticia's weapons that show up: A cestus and a Wood Staff.

If I set those to "none" the items no longer appears in my inventory.

So no, neither of the ID's you mention show up in my inventory, just the ID's 0007 and 0049. Super weird. Disabled all other addons other than yours, and the problem persist.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Can you recreate this problem on an empty project, upload it online (don't deploy it), and link it?

PathosFear

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
N/A
OK. Now I am even more confused.

Made a new project. Added all scripts in the same order, same versions.

And the items from actor ID 0003 and 0005 does not turn up in my inventory.

I have no events in my main project that deal with items at all. I just start the game and they are there... I don't even...

Is there some way to, i dont know, "reset" the plugin list? People said it's a common issue from an older version of ItemCore, right? I have used the plugin since release, but I have updated it... But it seems the bug from the older version is still there somehow. Or my project is corrupted or something. Still, if I turn off ItemCore the items aren't there. I

Sadly I don't have a way to host a game, so I can't upload it :/

ItemCore version is 1.14

EDIT: This project is converted from a VX Ace project. Could there be some issues there?

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure there's no problems with using the VX Ace converter. Hmmm...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I was at another orientation yesterday and I realized I'll be working with an old friend! We met at the local water park a few years back and it was so nice to see her again! We had a chat, and next week when I officially start, I'll see if maybe we can trade our Zoom IDs so we can talk!
I made some sideview closets for MV!
You can find them in my MV resource thread.
People1.png & SF_People1.png added!!!!

Adventurer:
"Why your body looks like a bird?"

Stranger:
"Because I'm harpy"

Adventurer:
"Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof"

*Both dancing to Pharrell Williams song*

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member