RMMV YEP_MessageCore: Is there a way to completely remove the font outline?

HiddenAlchemist

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there any way, through another plugin or something else, that can completely remove the font outline when using Yanfly's Message Core?

Although you can reduce the outline to 0 in plugin parameters, there is still a very faint outline there. It looks pretty bad with bitmap fonts in particular where it makes them appear blurry. Previously I got around this by also using Galv's Message Styles in tandem. However that causes issues when using Message Core to reposition the text box, so I can't really use it with that in mind.

I've tried making my own simple plugin to remove the outline, but it doesn't work when Message Core is enabled. Short of actually editing the plugin's code, I'm not sure what else to do. And I don't think the Yanfly plugin license allows them to be edited?

Has anyone then figured out a way? Thanks.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't see anything in Yanfly's terms of use that tries to prohibit you from editing the plugin you purchased.

HiddenAlchemist

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I may be conflating some things with what the terms of use allow. The official statement does however say that the codes are not open sourced and are in actuality a collaboration between multiple creators, so I would assume that also means it's not permitted to modify them.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The title of that statement is regarding porting them to MZ for distribution to other people.

The bottom of the page says "If you use the plugins in their current form, with all the credits and such attached, you can use them with edits. They will not be considered ports, but they will still be considered the original plugins."

HiddenAlchemist

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow not sure how I missed that. Thanks for the clarification.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Ugh... 4:53AM over here and I can't sleep so why not just game make.
I just love the MV feature that allows you to create your own animations!
I typically ask this on my normal social media channels, but figured there may be good replies here. Anyone got any good horror movie recommendations? I've seen a lot, but I always love getting suggestions! Bonus points if you know which service it is streaming on (in the US) - bring on the spOoooOky!
 After a few distractions (and my annual rough second week of October), I’m getting back on track with my OMGC project.
 Am I overcomplicating it? Yes. Am I going to tone it down? Almost certainly not.
 At least the dialogue stuff is almost done. I need to do the map itself, and then all that’s left is combat.
 Getting there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nspace