YEP_MessageCore Namebox not appearing

lordvalinar

Lord of the Damned
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
- I do not have any plugins before or after Yanfly's plugin suite that modify name boxes or Window_Message in the slightest (unless they're other Yanfly plugins - but are still turned off).
- Yes, all Yanfly plugins are in order (according to their order list)
- I tried using the code provided (without quotes): "\n<\c[7]\N[1]\c[0]>"
- Then I tried something simpler: "\n<test>"

No name boxes are appearing regardless of the method. Am I doing something wrong? Is it a known issue and I just can't find it? Any help would be appreciated.
NOTE: I am still getting the normal message box with text/picture/etc, ONLY the name box is not appearing with the text code.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Both of the above work fine for me.

Please show a screenshot of your event, and a screenshot of your plugin manager.

Also, play, show the message, and while the message is showing, grab a screenshot of the console (F8 to open developer tools, find Console window) just in case there are any weird errors.

lordvalinar

Lord of the Damned
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
EDIT: 02/28/2020 11:45pm - Added screenshots

Oh hey Shaz! (long time no see - on my part) ^_^

Also strangely, I setup a test area, and it works fine there... so now I'm wondering if it's because I setup a "name your own character" section in the character creation (same project) section... QInput or QNameInput could be the culprit. I'll get you the screenies asap - plugins one will take a bit.... I've a long list (most of them OFF, but pre-setup for when I turn them on one by one to test (Yanfly Suite + others)

Attachments

Last edited:

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you can get it working, I'd just start with that in an event on its own, and start adding commands and enabling plugins, one by one, until it stops working. Then you'll know there's something about your last plugin or last command added that's causing it to break.

lordvalinar

Lord of the Damned
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I am seeing no consistency here. I disabled all of my plugins, HIME's, Galv's, the ones at the top. Tested - it worked. Then re-enabled them one by one and it still working. So I am at a loss at what the issue is/was?

I didn't change anything in the events..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

so, ive been gone for too long when i log in and see that everything is where is shouldn't be. XD
Steam killing my eyes.. I forgot why I use it only when I have no other choice
Making a map, my brain went "Look, Mjölnir!" as I plotted out a sacrificial entrance.

Actually, it went, "Look, hammer. Wait, Thor's hammer!"
CG tile rendering, take 3: windows.
which section you guys think looks more accurate to the perspective? left or right?

for reference, this is what it looks like "at street level"
Okay, Animal Crossing is remarkably addictive and exceptionally calming. I've been playing it pretty exclusively... like... 6 hours a day. Been a while since I've been this engrossed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marlin