RMMV YEP_QuestJournal: I got an error while using the yep plugin

noboru

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnam
Primarily Uses
Other
Hi everybody I'm a new member and I'm a newbie I am learning how to create a game on the RPG Maker MV platform and I used the Yep Plugin to create a quest for the NPC and when installing and using I got an error like this (sorry my English is not good)Untitled.png

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
either plugin is in the wrong order, or your setup is wrong.
make sure this is correct, otherwise, show the quest you made,
the event on the npc and the plugin datalist, so we can help you further.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1) "syntax error" is basically the cpmputer's way to say that you mistyped, and since it is in getting quest data it means that you did something wrong when you placed the quest data into the plugin.
so a screenshot of your first quest entry would also help

2) please move your project to a different folderpath and remove all spaces from the foldernams.
see that %20 in the lower part of the error trace? The browser replaces all spaces with %20 because it can't handle spaces even in error messages, and those will cause problems in deployment until you remove them.

noboru

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnam
Primarily Uses
Other

Attachments

• 3.png
    3.png
    133.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 4.png
    4.png
    87.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 5.png
    5.png
    120.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 6.png
    6.png
    80.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 7.png
    7.png
    83.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 8.png
    8.png
    112.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 10.png
    10.png
    459.8 KB · Views: 6
  • s9.png
    s9.png
    86.2 KB · Views: 4

noboru

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnam
Primarily Uses
Other
1) "syntax error" is basically the cpmputer's way to say that you mistyped, and since it is in getting quest data it means that you did something wrong when you placed the quest data into the plugin.
so a screenshot of your first quest entry would also help

2) please move your project to a different folderpath and remove all spaces from the foldernams.
see that %20 in the lower part of the error trace? The browser replaces all spaces with %20 because it can't handle spaces even in error messages, and those will cause problems in deployment until you remove them.
I have left as default of the plugin and I follow the tutorial post.
https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/inde...al-with-yanfly-yep_questjournal-plugin.88948/

Attachments

• 2.png
    2.png
    194.3 KB · Views: 6

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Screenshot 10 indicates you're able to run the game, it looks like an in-game screenshot.

So when exactly does the error happen?

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
on the event 5 page 2 = conplete instead of complete. ((image 8.png)

also, it's highly recommended to have YEP plugin on top of the list than below
other plugins.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That line that's throwing the error is trying to look at the description of the quest. Is it possible that you don't have that set up correctly for the quest? Can you just confirm what version of the plugin you're using? I'm looking at v1.02 which is shown on line 15.

noboru

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnam
Primarily Uses
Other
the game I can run normally but I have added the yep plugin to assign to the quest NPC. But when I finished the task and reviewed the completed task, an error occurred

Attachments

• bug.png
    bug.png
    338.9 KB · Views: 2

noboru

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnam
Primarily Uses
Other
That line that's throwing the error is trying to look at the description of the quest. Is it possible that you don't have that set up correctly for the quest? Can you just confirm what version of the plugin you're using? I'm looking at v1.02 which is shown on line 15.
I downloaded it on the homepage of YEP, can you help me set up the task properly. I was really confused and didn't know how to set it up properly

noboru

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnam
Primarily Uses
Other
on the event 5 page 2 = conplete instead of complete. ((image 8.png)

also, it's highly recommended to have YEP plugin on top of the list than below
other plugins.
thanks for reminding me, i moved yep to the top and fixed "complete"

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
does it also stop the error when changing?

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Since the error is after you complete the quest, focus on the commands that happen then. You have it completing the first objective and then displaying objective 2 and description entry 2.

Have you actually added a second objective and description entry? The default quest template in the plugin does have two objectives, but only one description (which is exactly what Shaz asked you before, but you didn't answer).

Last edited:

noboru

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnam
Primarily Uses
Other
Since the error is after you complete the quest, focus on the commands that happen then. You have it completing the first objective and then displaying objective 2 and description entry 2.

Have you actually added a second objective and description entry? The default quest template in the plugin does have two objectives, but only one description (which is exactly what Shaz asked you before, but you didn't answer).
thanks
I will try

noboru

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnam
Primarily Uses
Other
does it also stop the error when changing?
I installed the task NPC and I finished the task set by the NPC, then I went to the task completed, and the above error occurred

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Redesigning characters after such a long time feels great. Makes me excited to work on an old game again.
Phone menu to replace main menu WIP:
It's been that long since I wrote a plugin, it took me 4 attempts to realize it's != rather than #. In a 40-line plugin, 20 of those lines being documentation!
Disk Check Plugin - Running on Linux:
RMMV-Game-Mint.png
workin on some graphics for my game. was originally planning on doing a cartoony style for the town but I might stick with this instead

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bubyro3