Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey everyone,

I'm creating main quests, side quests, and general learning experiences, all of which are unlocked/accessed throughout my game. I'm using Yanfly's Quest Journal plugin to organize/record all these into a log/journal on the pause screen, and I'm having trouble customizing it in a specific way.

As per the plugin parameters, I have 4 "categories", where anything can appear in: Available, Completed, Tutorials, and All Quests. There are also 3 different quest "types": Main Quest, Side Quest, and Learned.

As it is right now, all 3 quest type options appear in each of the 4 category tabs, like this:

1.png

Clicking on Available or Completed or All Quests tabs also shows the same thing as clicking on Tutorials: Main Quest subset, Side Quest subset, and Learned subset.

I'd like to restrict some of the categories to having fewer quest types / subsets (not all 3 of them in every category tab). I don't want the Available or Completed categories to have a Learned quest type option at all (because the Learned information will only be relevant to Tutorials), and I don't want the Tutorials category to have Main Quest or Side Quest subsets at all. As far as I can tell, the plugin seems to require every quest type / subset to appear in every category tab, but I'm not sure if I'm overlooking something simple. Any advice on this? Thanks!

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No, the plugin doesn't support that. You'd have to find the code for the Category window and add conditionals for what's being highlighted/selected in the Type window.

But, then, I don't even know if the entire text gets refreshed/drawn during that process or just the parenthetical numbers, so you might have to modify that code, too.

DarkPlasmaBall

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No, the plugin doesn't support that. You'd have to find the code for the Category window and add conditionals for what's being highlighted/selected in the Type window.

But, then, I don't even know if the entire text gets refreshed/drawn during that process or just the parenthetical numbers, so you might have to modify that code, too.

Gotcha, thanks! I was hoping there would be a simple solution supported by the plugin. Oh well!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Disk Check Plugin - Running on Linux:
RMMV-Game-Mint.png
workin on some graphics for my game. was originally planning on doing a cartoony style for the town but I might stick with this instead
I'm so annoyed with myself...I can't get this code to work so it looks like I'm going the plugin route for a problem I should be able to do myself :kaolivid:Great. Now I get to murder save file compatibility. Again.
Can't believe my code from four years ago is still working! Did some expansions, and...
1635194553179.png
In related news, I may have an update for my old Extra status window plugin ready. That is, once I manage to sit down and update the documentation... and the demo project... :kaoswt:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dankim633