Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Background:
I am utilizing YEP_SkillCore & YEP_EnhancedTP plugins to streamline my skill system using different TP modes unlocked when actors reach certain levels.

Ideally, depending on which TP mode an actor has equipped would determine which of their learned skills are visible. I assume there is a way to do it by adding a code within the note tag of said skills calling on a certain TP mode, but I do not know how to code the desired effect:

JavaScript:
<Custom Show Eval>
  if CODE {
    visible = true;
  } else {
    visible = false;
  }
</Custom Show Eval>

Community assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited:

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I assume there is a way to do it by adding a code within the note tag of said skills calling on a certain TP mode, but I do not know how to code the desired effect:
The bottom section of the Enhanced TP Mode documentation actually gives you the relevant script calls.

Code:
<Custom Show Eval>
visible=user.tpMode()==x;
</Custom Show Eval>

where x is the mode that will make the skill show up.

Guy_Fightmaster

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The bottom section of the Enhanced TP Mode documentation actually gives you the relevant script calls.

Code:
<Custom Show Eval>
</Custom Show Eval>

I will let you know once I have a chance to test it, thanks!

Guy_Fightmaster

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Code:
<Custom Show Eval>
</Custom Show Eval>

Turan, it worked. Thank you! SOLVED.

Guy_Fightmaster

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Spoke too soon. You can still see the skill when I switch to a different TP mode.

JavaScript:
<Custom Show Eval>
visible=user.tpMode()==10-level;
</Custom Show Eval>

I also tried this:

Code:
<Custom Show Eval>
visible=user.tpMode()==1;
</Custom Show Eval>

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Spoke too soon. You can still see the skill when I switch to a different TP mode.
How is that first one supposed to work? "level" by itself is a variable not declared in that notetag, so that would return undefined.

If you mean user.level, why would that have an inverse relationship to the TP mode? It seems like that would quickly get into negative values.

I also tried this:
That one should work if you're certain of what their TP mode is. You're saying you switch to a mode that's not #1 and the skill still shows up?

Guy_Fightmaster

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How is that first one supposed to work? "level" by itself is a variable not declared in that notetag, so that would return undefined.

If you mean user.level, why would that have an inverse relationship to the TP mode? It seems like that would quickly get into negative values.

That one should work if you're certain of what their TP mode is. You're saying you switch to a mode that's not #1 and the skill still shows up?
The TP mode is named "10-level". Should I safely rename it to "10 Level" so it does not disrupt the code?

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Names are irrelevant, that function is going to return a number - TP mode 1, 2, 3, etc.

Exactly the way they're designated in the plugin parameters.

Guy_Fightmaster

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Names are irrelevant, that function is going to return a number - TP mode 1, 2, 3, etc.

Exactly the way they're designated in the plugin parameters.
When I use the original recommended script, I cannot see the starting skill in TP mode 1. It shows up invisible. Code below.

JavaScript:
<Custom Show Eval>
visible=user.tpMode()==1;
</Custom Show Eval>

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I got it. If you look at the documentation for Enhanced TP, the tpMode() function is returning the mode itself, some kind of data structure.

tpModeId() will return the ID.

Guy_Fightmaster

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I got it. If you look at the documentation for Enhanced TP, the tpMode() function is returning the mode itself, some kind of data structure.

tpModeId() will return the ID.
Okay, now it works. Thank you.

Edit:
Adding the script in case anyone needs this in the future.

JavaScript:
<Custom Show Eval>
visible=user.tpModeId()==1;
</Custom Show Eval>

Last edited:

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Hi sweethearts! :kaoluv: Check out my review of @EntangledPear's totally oldskool The Stuff Fairy Tales Are Made Of!
When you spend all day at work distracted by things you want to work on or try in your project and then by the time you get home, you are too mentally tired to concentrate so you just browse the forum instead and think of more things you won’t get to work on for a while.
Time to write some enemy behaviors, here's the stream link for those interested.

Call of duty 1&2 had an interesting cheat prevention method. Between levels the game unloads and reloads the engine dll. If you ever employ this method, make sure to include at least an md5 hash check. Otherwise I can just edit that dll and implant cheats into it.
Hi-Fi Rush is one of the coolest games I've seen in a while. I don't have a way to play it so I watched a friend and wow... I really wish I had a powerful enough computer for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peridon