ZServ

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
The title pretty much covers things.

Making a skill that kills the user, but heals their allies to full HP. Using YEP_SkillCore (Found here) to apply the KO state like so:

Code:
<Pre-Damage Eval>
user.addState(1);
</Pre-Damage Eval>

Works fine, until the YEP_BattleEngineCore (found over here) is enabled. Then, it will no longer apply the state. Other states will still be added, and as far as I can tell, the rest of the plugin works flawlessly. Just can't apply that particular state. Plugins are in the proper order, and I feel like I'm missing something simple here.

Any ideas?

Llareian

Jack of All Trades, Master of None
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I played around with this a bit and here's what I came up with. Battle Engine Core adds a feature that applies "immortal states" during an action, to allow multiple-hit skills to make all hits prior to the target dying. It applies the "immortal state" to the user as well, and applying KO state to an immortal battler does nothing. Note however that this "immortal state" is coded into the Yanfly Engine Battle Engine Core, and is NOT related to the immortal state in the database.

You need to change your skill to say this:
Code:
<Pre-Damage Eval>
user.removeImmortal();
user.addState(1);
</Pre-Damage Eval>

That utilizes the YEP script for removing the YEP "immortal state".

ZServ

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Ah! Thank you! That works splendidly. Plus the extra explanation helps me understand why this situation came up. Many thanks to you!~

Annastasija

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am having a similar issue.. is there a way tag enemies so the immortal tag doesn't apply to them ever?

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Us:
"This game is awesome! I wish there are more games like this in the future."
Also us:
"I hate how games stopped being original and start copying other successful games."
Should've done this a few days ago but...
PRI_200136808.jpg
Rest in Peace, Sir Clive Sinclair
1940 - 2021
Entrepreneur, Technologist, Father of the British Computing Industry, and protagonist of Legend of ZUN.

Without you, England's games and tech industry wouldn't be where it is.
Woof, haven't touched any game-making elements in a couple of weeks I think.
Doing a thing in MV...

R3PuRjF.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raizus