Pootscooter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Mandarin
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, I'm trying to get the functionality of Yanfly's Skill Mastery plugin but in the form of a Common Event. Basically, I just need it to increment the skill's use upon when this Common Event is called. This is the code I found, but I want it to dynamically reference the ID of the skill being used and the actor ID of the user:
JavaScript:
var skillId = 1;
var skillUses = $gameActors.actor(1).skillMasteryUses(skillId);
$gameActors.actor(1).setSkillMasteryUses(skillId, intSkillUses + 1);
Right now, the code above would have to be copy pasted for every skill/actor combination since the IDs are hardcoded. I'm looking for the script call to reference these 2 IDs. Ty!

zaraku

Time Keeper
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you're merely leveling a recovery skill then you can put this in an After Eval or the damage formula instead of using a common event:
JavaScript:
if (!$gameParty.inBattle()) user.setSkillMasteryUses(item.id, user.skillMasteryUses(item.id) + 1);

If it absolutely needs to be through a common event then you could change it to a recovery skill, set two gameVariables using item.id and user.actorId() in the damage formula, then use your initial code with the gameVariables.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

When you thought you'd be finished with the grid, and spend ~8-9 hours on an arrow. How is this more difficult to than player movement?

Still some bugs hiding in there, but it's nearly complete.

I'm having it strictly follow the path a user draws, because there will be booby trap and other similar mechanics where you want to avoid specific cells.
I feel like banging my head against a wall every time I want to find that post that shows all the plugin header codes. Then I think "next time I find it, I'm going to bookmark it". Then I think "wait a minute ... maybe I bookmarked it last time because it took me so long to find it". Check bookmarks, and there it is :)
... a few of my main characters standing around doing nothing lol. I mostly wanted to see them together on screen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elCodes