Professional Internal Screamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi all!

Just looking for some help with figuring this one out. I've seen some stuff around for calling Yanfly's Battle Equip scene with HIME's Battle Commands [ https://himeworks.com/files/rmmv/scripts/HIME_BattleCommandChangeEquip.js ], and was wondering if there was anything going that called the ActorPartySwitch extension?

Normally it'd be okay, but it causes issues with Olivia's OTB System when you switch out via the default Formation party menu, but apparently Party Switch is compatible?

If anyone knows how this can be done, that would be incredible.

Cheers!

- Catog

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Try to close the accessible team command menu in the parameters of OTB

Catog

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Try to close the accessible team command menu in the parameters of OTB

Hey, sorry, I think there might be a bit of a language barrier. Which one do you mean?

Capture.PNG

Catog

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry, my English is not very good. I think it should be the Enable Party Window? =false
Actor Party Switch can be used

That's all good!

The problem is more making that option appear in the Actor's commands.

Because HIME's BattleCommands will only show commands you tell it to, and by default only accesses Skills, Skill Types, Items, and Guard (the default commands), there's no way I can tell it to show the "Switch" option. At least from what I can see.

So if someone knowledgeable in js is able to show me how to reappropriate the Change_Equip compatibility snippet above with the ActorPartySwitch by the same programmer (Yanfly), that would be amazing <3

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's all good!

The problem is more making that option appear in the Actor's commands.

Because HIME's BattleCommands will only show commands you tell it to, and by default only accesses Skills, Skill Types, Items, and Guard (the default commands), there's no way I can tell it to show the "Switch" option. At least from what I can see.

So if someone knowledgeable in js is able to show me how to reappropriate the Change_Equip compatibility snippet above with the ActorPartySwitch by the same programmer (Yanfly), that would be amazing <3
My reading only relies on Google Translate, so I can't understand everything.
I think, do you want to use Yanfly's Actor Party Switch and Change Battle Equip together with Olivian's OTB system?
I tried it and couldn't.
If you want to use OTB, switch players, and switch weapons in combat, you can use Orion’s Weapon Swap, which is compatible with all three.
If it is Yanfly's Change Battle Equip, it will not work.
I don’t understand the code, but I think it’s OTB’s mandatory opening option that makes the window call conflict. This should require rewriting the source code

Catog

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My reading only relies on Google Translate, so I can't understand everything.
I think, do you want to use Yanfly's Actor Party Switch and Change Battle Equip together with Olivian's OTB system?
I tried it and couldn't.
If you want to use OTB, switch players, and switch weapons in combat, you can use Orion’s Weapon Swap, which is compatible with all three.
If it is Yanfly's Change Battle Equip, it will not work.
I don’t understand the code, but I think it’s OTB’s mandatory opening option that makes the window call conflict. This should require rewriting the source code

Battle_Equip is just an example of a custom plugin being used with HIME's Battle Commands, which is the main part.

In short: I want to have a battle command notetag ( eg: <battlecommand: switch>) that will allow me to access Yanfly's Actor Party Switch menu, which is compatible with the OTB system.

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Battle_Equip is just an example of a custom plugin being used with HIME's Battle Commands, which is the main part.

In short: I want to have a battle command notetag ( eg: <battlecommand: switch>) that will allow me to access Yanfly's Actor Party Switch menu, which is compatible with the OTB system.
I think I should understand what you mean?
Maybe you just don't show it in the member command menu, then you need to be in the Actor Party Switch plug-in parameters.
show command=true.
This will make every member have this command.

Maybe you want to use this command at some point? Then you can try to use the plugin command of ActorPartySwitch.

Maybe you want only a certain member to own this command?
I have not used the HIME_ActorBattleCommands plugin.
You can use the plug-in command to hide the Actor Party Switch command, and try to add HIME's plug-in notes yourself.

Last edited:

Catog

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Maybe you want only a certain member to own this command?
I have not used the HIME_ActorBattleCommands plugin.
You can use the plug-in command to hide the Actor Party Switch command, and try to add HIME's plug-in notes yourself.

That's sorta the whole reason I made this post: how would I use HIME's plugin to make it show up in the first place?

I do appreciate you're trying to help, but it's kind of hard to articulate when the primary script is one you don't know :/

Catog

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Bump! Please, this would be such a huge help!

dwiseman57

Merchant Prince Digital
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I am also looking for an answer to this. I want to use HIME_ActorBattleCommands plugin to show Olivia's Weapon Swap command

Kingkoala

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey Guys,

A simple solution I found is to just place the Party Switch plugin below Himes and then use Yanfly's plugin commands to show and hide the Switch command as it isn't auto hidden from Himes due to the override in load order.

I don't know if there is another way, because there is an actual extension out there on the Himes page for Equip Swap so it can specially call that command.

Other option would be to find a different plugin to manage the commands menu.

This did lead me to another issue in side view.
Where after I switch a party member, all my actor battlers are repositioning to the back end of the screen instead of where they were.
Not sure which plugin is controlling this but there is no basic anchoring in the Party Swap plugin of where swapped allies should move to when coming into the battle.

* I feel this has to due with a conflict of YEP_Rowformation positioning and the Battle Core anchoring settings when Switching?
If someone know the answer to this would be appreciative to this thread

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Do you like to practice level design? I do hahahaha! It's not from a specific game, it's just some tests...Fase 1.png
I really need a better indicator of where you can jump up and down though I feel... otherwise I like how this turned out for the first part of the first dungeon of the game.
@Shaz needs to make a website for his plugins. (it can be done easily for free with google sites.) I can't find a database of them anywhere!
Dion2.jpg

testing #2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ocarina654