Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D aka "Staf00"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I'm trying to add Yanfly's AutoSave plugin to the OptionsCore plugin, but it doesn't seem to work. I copy-pasted the instructions that say what to put in each field:
JavaScript:
---------
Settings:
---------

Name:
\i[231]Autosave

Help Description:
Enables \c[4]Autosaving\c[0] for your game if ON.
You can still manually save your game.

Symbol:
autosave

Show/Hide:
show = Imported.AutosaveShowOpt;

Enable:
enabled = true;

Ext:
ext = 0;

----------
Functions:
----------

Make Option Code:
this.addCommand(name, symbol, enabled, ext);

Draw Option Code:
var rect = this.itemRectForText(index);
var statusWidth = this.statusWidth();
var titleWidth = rect.width - statusWidth;
this.resetTextColor();
this.changePaintOpacity(this.isCommandEnabled(index));
this.drawOptionsName(index);
this.drawOptionsOnOff(index);

Process OK Code:
var index = this.index();
var symbol = this.commandSymbol(index);
var value = this.getConfigValue(symbol);
this.changeValue(symbol, !value);

Cursor Right Code:
this.changeValue(symbol, true);

Cursor Left Code:
this.changeValue(symbol, false);

Default Config Code:
// Empty. Provided by this plugin.

Save Config Code:

Load Config Code:
However, it doesn't show up w/ the above code. Although it does show up when I use show = true instead of show = Imported.AutosaveShowOpt;. Also, show = Yanfly.Param.AutosaveShowOpt; seems to work as well. Unfortunately, the choices (On/Off) don't actually do anything despite being able to get it to show in the options menu. I also noticed other people had the same issue in this thread:
Too bad a solution was never posted and that thread is now closed...

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I've had problems in the past with getting things to link correctly with the OptionsCore. Come to think of it, that's actually something I need to add on my To Do list, getting some of those links to work...

In regards to your problem however, I wouldn't be much help. Just wanted to report that I've had problems with OptionsCore in general. Actually, I would never have thought of even linking the Autosave in to the menu. I thought it was its own thing that just autosaved on map entry or something. I assume you're trying to add a quick save to the menu?

Frostorm

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Actually, I would never have thought of even linking the Autosave in to the menu. I thought it was its own thing that just autosaved on map entry or something. I assume you're trying to add a quick save to the menu?
The option would be to simply enable/disable the autosave feature (in case the player doesn't want to use it). To be honest, I'm one of those that would probably turn it off lol. I save-scum quite a bit heh...
I think this might be what you are looking for.
Hmm, seems like a compatibility patch for Felski's AutoSave plugin w/ Yanfly's OptionCore. I don't mind giving Felski's a try, but the AutoSave plugin I'm using now is the Yanfly one, not Felski's (which I didn't even know existed until now lol).

Edit: For clarification...

xDRAGOONx

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My bad...I knew you were using Yanfly's autosave but I didn't fully read Felski's description :kaocry:.

I have since opened up the Auto Save plugin in visual studio and I'm checking to see if anything jumps out at me...no luck yet.

Frostorm

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My bad...I knew you were using Yanfly's autosave but I didn't fully read Felski's description :kaocry:.

I have since opened up the Auto Save plugin in visual studio and I'm checking to see if anything jumps out at me...no luck yet.
I tried forcing the autosave feature via:
$gameSystem.setAutosave(true);
$gameSystem.setAutosave(false);

However, it seems that enables/disables both the autosave on main menu open and autosave on map load features at the same time, even though I have the former turned off and the latter turned on in the plugin options. So weird how you can't separate those 2 features when using the script call...

xDRAGOONx

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hmmm...that is very interesting. These kinds of bugs always drive me crazy lol. I always assume that there must just be a slight typo somewhere in the code...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I finally added my newly updated demo back to the website! It only took like 4 weeks of work...
Where is the "world-weary sigh" comment response when you need it? I need that one more than anything, but the closest we have is "wow" or "angry".
My apologies if it's out-of-place for my goyim-lookin' ass to be the one to say it, but the mythology of "Golems" is that they were created by Rabbis to protect Jewish villages from Anti-semetic attacks.
I'm moving on from RMXP finally. I've been stuck in a difficult decision between XP and MZ, and I've given up and moved on to MZ. Overall I'm really liking it, I wish tilesets were easier to setup like XP, but it's actually not that bad!
Have you ever gone full 'Ship of Theseus' while frankenspriting? Because I just did.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cabanacatalogs