Professional Internal Screamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi all,

For my game I'm using a mix of HIME's ActorBattleCommand/BattleCommandUseSkill and Yanfly's EquipBattleSkills. I've set up a common event with the intention of: "when a character has a skill equipped, the battle command shows, and when it's unequipped, it's hidden."

The method I'm using is this:

Unfortunately, the skills are not showing up in the list -I'm assuming because I've made some error in converting/reading the array into the variable (I'm not at all familiar with arrays). Would someone please be able to have a quick look at it and tell me what I'm getting wrong?

Thank you!

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Your issue is that you're checking an array for a flat number.

Assuming your control variable command actually saves an array into the variable, you need to check the array elements for the skill id, not the array itself.

Change your if condition to a script and put this in the box:
$gameVariables.value(24).contains(18)
This will check the array in variable 24 to see if it contains skill Id 18, and return true if it does.

Catog

Professional Internal Screamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
He's done it, the absolute madman!

That works perfectly, thank you so much :LZSjoy:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Is it necroposting if I ask for more info in my own months old thread? All the information in the thread is relevant
JRPG TextBox HTML - Part 2:
So I'm resuming work on the Shadowstar Trilogy. I've decided that it will take place between the end of G4 and the start of G5, and two of the Lost Rulers will be Twilight Sparkle and Sunset Shimmer (who is the moon princess in my AU).
Been working on some sprites, My favorite out of all of them is this guy, his name is Moss:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Emileewitt