RMVXA Yggdrasil Chronicles: A Tale of Cindrivia

Discussion in 'Completed Games' started by JamesRyan, Feb 28, 2017.

1. JamesRyan

JamesRyan Game Designer Veteran

First Language:
    Vietnamese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Title2.png
    Ryan Entertainment
    This is our first project about a turn-based RPG game and the second project using RPG Maker VX Ace. Despite of lacking experience, we have tried our best to make this, to test our skills and to enjoy our passion in game development. Your supports are the motivation for us to keep on working and providing more good quality games in the future. We hope you will enjoy it.

Warning: If you play version 1.0, you must apply our Patch file (In Download section). Instructions are also there. Patches are optional for Version 1.1 (You are still highly recommended to apply latest patch for v1.1).

1. About Project
    - Game Title: Yggdrasil Chronicles - A Tale of Cindrivia
    - Genre: Free to Play, Turn-Based Action RPG
    - Engine used: RPG Maker Vx Ace
    - Platform: Windows
    - Language: English (However, English is not our first language so we might not be able to avoid some grammar mistakes. We are truly sorry for this)
    - Author: Ryan Entertainment Studio
    - Progress: Completed
    - Number of Participants: 2 (James Ryan & Forte Chaos)
    - Contact us via our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/RyanEntertainmentStudio/

2. The Story
    Yggdrasil, an immense tree that in connection to which the nine worlds exist, and Cindrivia is one of them. It was a peaceful world under the eyes of Aina The Goddess of Night until the demons came out of darkness.
    Hundred years ago, The Illuminati Order, originally formed by a demon named Lucifer, plunged the whole world of Cindrivia into chaos. With his great power, he slowly turned this living world into a dead one and fed the humans' souls to his Darkness Legion.
    However, six remarkable warrios, calling themselves Warriors of The Holy Alliance, possessed power of faith and justice, stood against The Illuminati as the last hope of this world. With the help of six Heavenly Artifacts sent down by The Goddess of Night, they were finally able to put an end to Lucifer and The Illuminaty Order. The world of Cindrivia found peach again for a while.
    And now, The Illuminati is being brough back by a dark wizard so-called Ryan The Illuminator. The existence of Cindrivia and even The Yggdrasil Tree is now in danger once again...

3. Playable Characters
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Special Game Systems
    - Active Time Battle System (ATB System): Players and monsters' actions are depended on this system to be performed during a battle. Just be patient and wait for your turns.

- Custom Stats: There are four stats that you can distribute by yourself to build your characters. They are Vitality, Strength, Dextirity and Mentality and they directly affect other parameters of your characters like MHP, MMP, ATK, DEF, MAT, MDF, AGI, LUK or even Ex and Sp-Parameters.

- Difficulty System: We provide 5 different difficulties for you to play with increase in enemies' stats for each one.

- Multiple Parties: Sometimes you have to divide your party into two smaller ones in order to complete some certain quests at the same time. Each party has its own leader and members with a shared inventory and currency.

- Teleport System: Tired of walking manually from towns to towns? Don't worry! The Teleport System is here to help you! Choose your destination and you are ready to go!

- Quest & Achievement System: Quests? Of course! As an RPG, the quests are divided into two types called main quests and side quests. Completing the main quests provide you a full understanding about story of the game while the side ones and achievements provide you handsome rewards to make your journey much easier.

- Day & Night Circle + Lighting Effect System: We do provide a day-night circle which can affect some of your actions in game and also an awesome light effect system created by Khas to enhance the visual effects of the game.

- Enemies' Levels and Classes: Enemies have their own levels and classes with certain pros and cons, just like your characters!

- Crafting and Enhancing Equipments: Defeating the monsters, collecting the materials from them to craft some unique equipments. The equipments can also be enhanced (+1, +2, etc) to provide better stats.

- Class Changing System: You can change your characters' classes into other ones when they reach the required levels. This will provide them a better bonus to their parameters and some more new skills.

- Puzzle System: This is a small part of the game but sometimes you have to solve some puzzles in order to keep moving forward.

- Minigames and Extras: There is a minigame called "Melodia" created by Moghunter. If you are tired of fighting monsters, you can find this to ease your mind by listening to the provided music and tapping your buttons along with the melodies. And about The Extras, unfortunately there is only one called "Music Room" (also created by Moghunter). Everytime you hear a new song (from battles, new maps, Melodia, etc), they are stored in this room and you can listen to them again anytime.

5. Screenshots
    9.png
    7.png
    10.png
    11.png
    1.png
    2.png
    3.png
    4.png
    5.png
    6.png

6. Known Issues
    This is our very first project about an RPG game, but we have tried so hard to do as best as possible. However, it is impossible to keep the game bug-free since we have very few testers. So currently, there is an unfixable issue which might cause the game to crash itself with a small chance. When your party gets hit by an AoE skills from the enemies, if two or more of your characters trigger their counter attacks simultaneously, you MUST do NOTHING and WAIT until all of their counter attacks are finished (even choosing command Attack, Magic, ect). We are truly sorry for this.

7. Credits
    Director
    James Ryan

Story Writers
    James Ryan
    Chaos

Game Designers
    James Ryan
    Chaos

Graphics Designers
    Enterbrain
    James Ryan
    Chaos
    Yoh
    Neko Hime
    iKuro
    Gravity (Ragnarok Online)
    Nexon (Maple Story Online)
    Neople (DFO)
    Kaduki
    Rainbow Jello
    Kalez
    Schnecke
    Soruve
    Celianna
    Wild Arms
    Zanyzora
    Hanzo Kimura
    Mack
    Davias
    Smithygen
    Inquisitor
    Chaos Portal
    CLOSET
    RPG Maker Source
    Nicubill
    Pandamaru
    Broneal
    Ameba
    UndergroundJin
    Soramani
    Liubov Vadimovna "Luba" Nel

Sound Designers
    Enterbrain
    Gravity (Ragnarok Online)

Aya Uchida (https://aya-uchida.net/)
    Lantis
    Squaresoft - Square Enix
    Nobuo Uematsu

Programmers
    James Ryan
    Chaos

Script Writers
    Victor Sant
    Hime (Tsukihime)
    Moghunter
    V.M of D.T
    DiamondPlatinum3
    Casper Gaming
    Coelocanth
    Yanfly
    Soulpour777
    Neon Black
    Yami
    William Couillard
    Dekita
    Mr.Bubble
    Selchar
    Fomar0153
    Galv
    Kellessdee
    TheoAllen
    Khas
    Adiktuzmiko
    Kread-Ex
    Modern Algebra
    Enelvon
    Niclas "XaiL" Thornqvist
    IceDragon
    AuronAD
    Ventwig
    Raizen
    Bgillisp
    KilloZapit

QA Tester
    James Ryan
    Neko Hime
    Nguyen "watafaka" Duc
    Quyen Nguyen

8. Download Links
    We have divided our game into two types: "Installer" and "Installer Free". However, the Installer version may have a little problem, so we have temporarily removed it.
    - Itch.io (v1.1 with patches): Yggdrasil Chronicles - A Tale of Cindrivia
    - Installer Free version (v1.1 - Most stable): YggdrasilChroniclesInstallerFree

- Latest Patch 04/26/2017 (Both v1.0 and 1.1 is required): Latest Patch (04/26/2017) (Paste it to your Patches folder inside your game folder. Eg: Yggdrasil Chronicles - A Tale of Cindrivia/Patches/). If there are any existed patch files there, delete them all and apply the latest patch.

Thank you so much for playing the game!

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
  2. mal007

mal007 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVX
    Am absolutely loving your game but am stuck in the bandits handout with the password for the door. I have the A, B & C bars & put them on the table but can get no further. Please put me out of my misery & give me a clue!! Will still keep trying as I can't wait to get further. Great game!

3. JamesRyan

First Language:
    Vietnamese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you so much for playing the game. I'm really glad that you enjoy it.

And about that part of the game, the table surrounded by 12 wooden columns makes it look like a clock, right? Just put all three A, B and C stones on the table and see what they give you (H = Hours & M = Minutes). Remember to take a note of each result from each stone then convert them into M and you will have your answer.

4. mal007

mal007 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVX
    Thanks for answering so quickly but I am still stuck! I entered the answer

Please tell me where I am going wrong! Still loving the game though!!

5. JamesRyan

First Language:
    Vietnamese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Let's get in more detail :D
    As a clock, the top column is marked as 12 Hour = 0 Hour. They will be treated as 0 Hour.
    A = Column No.3 (H) + Column No.8 (M) = 3 (H) + 40 (M) = 3x60 (M) + 40 (M) = 180 + 40 = 220 (M)
    B = Column No.7 (H) + Column No.1 (M) = 7 (H) + 05 (M) = 7x60 (M) + 05 (M) = 420 + 05 = 425 (M)
    C = Column No.11 (H) + Column No.0 (Or No.12) (M) = 11 (H) + 05 (M) = 11x60 (M) + 00 (M) = 660 + 00 = 660 (M)
    So here we have our answer: A + B + C = 220 + 425 + 660 = 1305 (M)

At first it's a bit complicated, but once you find out how it works, you can deal with it easily :D

6. mal007

mal007 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVX

Thanks so much for your help, can't wait to move forward!

7. JamesRyan

First Language:
    Vietnamese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You are welcome :D
    I hope you will enjoy it till the very end :D

8. mal007

mal007 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVX
    Hi, I am stuck again!! I can't find a way into the Grand Mages office
    I have the following

Broken necklace & 3 Quarter spell scrolls

Also can't get past the vines in the lighthouse or light the flame

Any help greatly appreciated. Btw, am still enjoying the game!

9. JamesRyan

First Language:
    Vietnamese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    About the Broken Necklace
    You might want to try the Breakdown command in your Menu and look up there for a way to deal with the necklace

And about the Lighthouse
    - Break two broken barrels to get Small Logs
    - Craft them into a Pack of Logs
    - Take the Flare inside the gold bag
    - Throw the Pack of Logs into the empty fire pan
    - Light the fire pan with your Flare
    - Take the Torch in the Lighthouse and light it on the fire pan
    - Use the Burning Torch to burn the vines

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
    bigbelly likes this.
  10. mal007

mal007 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVX

Thanks for answering so quickly, there's certainly plenty there to keep me occupied!! Again, many thanks.

11. mal007

mal007 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVX
    I'm getting an error message after entering the East Corridor in the Dimensional Crack. It says "unable to find file Data\Map000.rvdata2", I don't have a data folder so am not sure what to do.

12. An Additional Pylon

An Additional Pylon Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    So the goddess you described is associated with all things nightly, but then the demons came out of darkness? It sounds as though the demons would come out of the same substance as the goddess, who supposedly ensures the world stays in one piece. Something doesn't click in here.

As for the screenshots you've provided, it's kinda nasty to show us these parts of your writing that feature explicit swear words ("fudge your mercy!"). Unless you want your game to feature a lot of graphic content and adult themes, why not just use euphemisms? "To hell with your mercy" would sound a lot more suitable for a high-fantasy RPG.

Uh... don't we have enough games that feature this edgy revenge-your-parents scenario?

13. JamesRyan

First Language:
    Vietnamese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    - Well, i'm not about to argue, but you cannot tell that Goddess of Night is the same as darkness like that. The "darkness" part i used there was referred to something "evil", not like something about the good side of the "night" (like a beautiful night sky which is calm and peaceful, right?). That's how i meant the "Night Goddess" (referred to beautiful, calm and peaceful), not like what you said :blink: But i admit that i'm not good at writing English and i did not tell you enough about how "good" the "Night" Goddess was, so i'm sorry for that :blink:

- About the screenshots, it was my bad to not show you everything about the game. Actually, i did want the contents to be adult themes on my purpose, so i put a lot of strong language inside (That screenshot is just one of many. I should have added an M ESRB into the game). About words, this is our very first project of an RPG, and English is not our first language (i wrote this in the project description with my apologies) so of course i haven't got much idea of some "flowery" words (Pardon me but i'm still learning more. It is not easy though so i'm sorry for the second time) :blink:

- "Uhm... Are we not allowed to make games with its general scenario like that?" Is that what you want to tell me? I know there are many games with the same scenario out there, so have you also told them this? If you haven't, you better go tell them. They need to know, too. I'm sorry for just being a newbie in writing story so currently i can only make some simple story like this. I'm gonna train more to be better, i promise! :cutesmile:

Finally, i felt that your words were lack of something... like some respect (i don't want to use the word "cocky"). Actually, to start a discussion, there are so many more better ways which can really make the opponent listen to you, right?

Best regards.

14. JamesRyan

First Language:
    Vietnamese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Could you please reproduce the problem step by step and provide me a screenshot of it?

EDITED: I have figured out what causes this. This is a true bug which i haven't found during our testing phase. This is my bad. I'm truly sorry for this inconvenience and thank you very for reporting. Please follow the link below to download the patch file and move it to your folder game (Yggdrasil Chronicles - A Tale of Cindrivia/Patches/).

I highly recommend you to load your save file which is at the moment before entering Dimensional Crack.

Patch link: Patch File

Please tell me if everything is okay after applying this patch. Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
  15. An Additional Pylon

An Additional Pylon Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I don't mean to offend you; I'm just pointing out some shortcomings that I personally think could be worked on to make the final product better. You've undertaken the burden of making a game, and that in itself is remarkable -- but for the time being, the details I've mentioned are what drew my attention the most in the first place, and a good impression can often make a huge difference.

16. JamesRyan

First Language:
    Vietnamese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I have just started making games not so long, and i really cherish players' feedbacks. Thank you very much for you advice. However, please find a better way to start a talk next time :) Cheers!

17. mal007

mal007 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVX

Sorry to take so long in replying, the patch worked great. I am now trying to figure out the passwords at the end of the corridors! Considering you haven't been making games for very long, I think your work is terrific.

18. JamesRyan

First Language:
    Vietnamese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I was worrying the patch could go wrong somewhere, but now i can be at ease :) And i'm really glad that you enjoy the game, but there is still so much left for me to learn to make better games. Personally, i still see a lot of things which should be improved from my first game, so if there were another game to make, i would try my best to make it better :)

19. mal007

mal007 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVX
    I hope you do make another game, I'd love to play it. I really like your puzzles, even though I got stuck on a lot of them!! Good luck for the future.

JamesRyan likes this.
  20. mal007

mal007 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVX
    Can you give a clue with the passwords for the corridors. I have been inputting the answers

6312 and 2145

plus different combinations of these & nothing seems to work. Thanks in advance.