RMVXA Yggdrasil Chronicles: A Tale of Cindrivia

Discussion in 'Completed Games' started by JamesRyan, Feb 28, 2017.

1. JamesRyan

JamesRyan Game Designer Veteran

First Language:
    Vietnamese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    An old player told me that the game even ran okay on his Core 2 Duo PC with only 2GB of RAM and intergrated graphics. If your PC has good specs, it should be more than enough to run the game smoothly. There might be something else causing this problem.

2. Dana

Dana Gamer Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hi JamesRyan

I have the platinum key but not sure where to use it. I am glad I found the hidden room. My party really needs Ultimate weapons in order to continue.

Is there a strategy to defeat Lucifer? I tried to keep bleeding and poisoning him. I noticed after he casts his Supernova he is exhausted. I need at least 50 elixirs to take him down.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
  3. JamesRyan

First Language:
    Vietnamese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Well, i don't really have a specific strategy to deal with this boss. If you have skills which cause stun, try them. Try to disable the boss as much as possible. I suggest you to replace Raph with Ethan. It will be a big help :cutesmile:
    And don't mind the platinum key, this thing should have been vanished after you left the Center Hall. Maybe i forgot to remove it :headshake:

4. Dana

Dana Gamer Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hey JamesRyan

My game crashed twice when battling Serena and Ashley. I have Aiko, Lucas, Emily and Raphael. I think it was their counterattacks that caused the crash. I have the latest patch.

I checked the known issues with counterattacks from more than one party. I will wait until the counterattacks are finished before choosing the next command.

Game.rpg.jpg

Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
  5. JamesRyan

First Language:
    Vietnamese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm truly sorry for this. It was the known issue i mentioned in my first post. Unfortunately, i have no workaround for this issue. It might happen with not-a-really-small chance when too many actors counterattacking at the same time. Sometimes it works if you wait, but sometimes it still crashes even after waiting.

6. WhiteFeather

WhiteFeather Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I am still SO stuck and need more help please! I have tried all day (12 hours plus) to figure this out with the Mask and big Red wood Tree. I know the puzzle may be speaking of the moon as the eye. I have stood in front of the tree when it is dark.. no moon. I have touched the tree a thousand times with no results. Please help me solve this so I can move on....

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
  7. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA

WhiteFeather, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

This time I have merged your posts together. If you want to add something, and no one has posted after you, and it is less than 72 hours, please use the Edit button on the earlier post and add the additional info/comment/query there.

8. WhiteFeather

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    No worries, I apologize.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
  9. JamesRyan

First Language:
    Vietnamese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I have answered your question on my Itch.io page. Hope it help :D

10. WhiteFeather

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A

11. WhiteFeather

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I am currently in the Snow Halation Cave.. I keep running around and around fighting, trying to get enough energy to get the one crystal activated.. so far I have 5/10.. My husband figured out it would have to be activated to find the secret room.. Are we on track or is there something else we are missing to do? otherwise we have completed the other two activation's. All the fighting is driving us nuts, we cannot seem to explore or turn around without having to fight, fight, fight! Friendly suggestion from some "Older" players, when you program your next game allow some breathing room without so MANY monsters please... It sometimes disrupts the game total enjoyment by fighting every little inch one makes to progress forward to finding needed areas or things. We do understand that by fighting so much it helps get level increased faster and equipment needed.. but in it hinders one when in caves, buildings, and certain mazes etc. We do Love what you accomplished, and it certainly has been challenging indeed.. this is only some suggestions.
    The Gardners

JamesRyan likes this.
  12. JamesRyan

First Language:
    Vietnamese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks for your suggestions. I will make an improvement about this for the next game, which only has random encounters and can be prevented by using certain items.

About the puzzles inside the cave, there are three (Green, Purple and Red Crystals) if I remember correctly.
    - Green Crystal: There are 10 energy gems around the cave. Feed them to the Green Crystal to activate it.
    - Purple and Red Crystal: There is no choice but you have to solve it manually. These two might take a while.

Once all three puzzles are done, the secret gate will appear.

Last edited: May 20, 2019
  13. atoms

atoms Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @JamesRyan I'm downloading your game again, as I didn't think I gave it a fair chance last time I played it.

I don't want to make a promise for feedback yet, as it depends when I'm free and when I choose to play, but I do want to give quick feedback that 1.2G is quite big for a RPG Maker game.

I know a lot of mp3 music can do this, but maybe there is a way to cut it down by a lot. I think if people read 1.2G, some of them will be put off from playing the game because of the game size, it's just a suggestion that I think could help you get more people playing your next game if you are able to reduce the file size, but that is still entirely up to you.

Good luck with your current game!

14. JamesRyan

First Language:
    Vietnamese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks for the suggestions, but I hardly find a way to reduce the size. It already exceeded 2GB+ ;_;

15. WhiteFeather

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Oh Boy! the challenges sure have been really something!
    My husband and I have come to the "Hidden Room" with the Soul Keeper..
    We get him half way and he finds a way to completely heal! Have even switched teams around to with little results..
    Any suggestions on what IS the best team and what combination to use to defeat this one. It does not help when the soul keeper gets 2-3 heals in a row!
    Please any help would be appreciated.

16. JamesRyan

First Language:
    Vietnamese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    He has a skill which regenerates 4% of his max HP per turn for 3 turns. The best way to deal with this is to reduce his healing effects per turn by using poison/bleeding damage, as well as to stun him as much as possible. You can consider bringing all damage dealing characters, with only one support. Keep Lucas in your team, as he has the highest AGI points among all characters and has many poison/bleeding effects, while Ethan and Raph are good choices to burst damage.
    This boss is optional, and you can skip it. But if you beat it, the rewards will be handsome.