RMVXA Yggdrasil Chronicles: A Tale of Cindrivia

Discussion in 'Completed Games' started by JamesRyan, Feb 28, 2017.

1. granny steph

granny steph Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Have found the stone egg and given it to the tree. Cant find the next stage about a mask. Can you help me please.

I have been playing for hours now. Fantastic game.

JamesRyan likes this.
  2. granny steph

First Language:
    english
    Sorted it just now. Lovely face!

JamesRyan likes this.
  3. JamesRyan

JamesRyan Game Designer Veteran

First Language:
    Vietnamese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you for enjoying the game :cutesmile: I'm glad you have solved the problem :cutesmile: If you need assistance, just feel free to ask :cutesmile:

4. granny steph

First Language:
    english
    Well I am now stuck in two parts.
    I am looking for the town Herbe Stoppe but cant find it. Can you help please.

My second problem is that I am needing to find Ashley around an abandoned ruin. Have tried going north but they keep saying it is a restricted area in the town in the sky. Where is the abandoned ruin please. I am lost!

5. JamesRyan

First Language:
    Vietnamese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    So you have reached Vierna Skyland. I bet you once got yourself to Herbst Steppe before.
    - Herbst Steppe is not a city, it is the place where you found the Red Giantwood before (Through Cindalia West Gate).
    - She is hiding somewhere behind the Exorcist Group HQ and behind a big tree near the cliff to the Northeast of the Skyland.

6. granny steph

First Language:
    english
    You are a star...thank you.

7. JamesRyan

First Language:
    Vietnamese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You are welcome :cutesmile: And you have almost reached the end of the story :cutesmile: I just want to mention that there are some more quests after credits :cutesmile:

8. granny steph

First Language:
    english
    I shall be sorry to finish this game.

But...I am stuck again in the black tower. Have got 3 scrolls and a broken necklace in my key items. What do I do with them and the glowing spheres?

9. JamesRyan

First Language:
    Vietnamese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You might want to break that Broken Necklace for something else. It should be appeared in your Menu/Breakdown :)

10. Tonko

Tonko Club penguin pro player Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I am unable to see the screenshots and some other pictures for some reason :/ Maybe it's just me, but you should check just in case.

11. JamesRyan

First Language:
    Vietnamese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Sorry it is Photobucket who is responsible for this. I will fix it soon. Thank you for that.

Tonko likes this.
  12. JamesRyan

First Language:
    Vietnamese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Tonko I get the screenshots fixed. Hope they are shown to you this time.

13. TheoAllen

TheoAllen Self-proclaimed jack of all trades Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    This game is kinda teasing me, and how I could miss it. Part of the reason is my name being mentioned
    As for your first game, it looks polished and I like your mapping style. A minimum yet solid style mapping
    You did a good job making me judge book by its cover. Shame, it's quite big (more than a GB ) for me to try. I'd have to try better connection to download this.

JamesRyan likes this.
  14. JamesRyan

First Language:
    Vietnamese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks for your interest in this game, @TheoAllen :cutesmile: It took me one year and a half to complete it, yet I wasn't satisfied :blink: I hope you will enjoy it :cutesmile: I'm also working on its sequel in MV and hope to release it in 2018 :cutesmile:
    P/s: I also used some of your awesome scripts in my game, and what I loved most was the Multiple Animations one :D

15. TheoAllen

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I somehow managed to download this, I'm not sure if you're still updating this, and before I go into the real game, let me put my cents here.

After extracted the game, I noticed there are so many music from
    Love live
    I know by looking at your avatar itself you are also a man of culture. But even so I didn't even go as far as putting em inside the game. Now I wonder how you gonna use it.

And I went into the title screen, curious of clicking the credit option. Just to found out I have no control to get me back at title screen. That resort me a F12 (hard reset). I thought it was going to crash, but everything was alright. So I started a new game

On the new game, you rub me a wall of text telling me yggdrassil and stuff. But I don't really care about it (yet), then I found out there is no way I could speed up the 'intro' after frantically button mashing everything. So I had no choice but to wait. Strangely, I noticed that some kind of window appears on the bottom right corner, some sort of time window appeared out of nowhere. I didn't have a screenshot, but after the "intro" ends, this evil popup appear

[​IMG]

:/ alright, the first time that got me thinking it would probably F12 reset I did, but I'm not sure. So I restarted the game from game.exe over again (and wait for the unskipable intro). Now I went into the real game. I will edit this post once I have more thought about it

EDIT
    Don't you think this kinda breaking the fourth wall?
    [​IMG]

Also, in the description says 500 HP recover, but no HP recover in item info. Not sure which to trust
    [​IMG]
    I know these might be technical difficulty as I know not all people could edit script. Just pointing out tho.

Few minutes of playing this, I already have a lot of things to say actually

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
    JamesRyan likes this.
  16. JamesRyan

First Language:
    Vietnamese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yeah there are so many songs i put inside the game, but not really affect the game much because they are only used in a minigame (Melodia), so you can skip it and experience the rest of the game :cutesmile:

- I'm sorry for the Credits Scene because it cannot be skipped once you enter, so you have to watch till the end (actually i remove the buttons to skip it) :blush: And please avoid using F12 to restart the game (it might cause some weird bugs like you have encountered and i did not even know what caused this). Please close the game and open it again :blush: You can press F5 to speed up the game (x2), and press it again to disable it.
    - About the Yellow Potions (and all other potions such as Red, Blue and White), they do not show anything about the amount of healing because i use a damage formula to heal the target, so you can damage the undead too. You can trust and use it :D

And unfortunately, i do not think i will keep updating this game because i am too busy with the sequel on MV. However, there is another latest version that i have not updated in this post, and you can find it HERE (contain the patches so you don't have to patch it again, but there are still some grammar mistakes in conversations). I'm truly sorry for all the inconvenience you have encountered. It was my first game so there were some unavoidable problems :blush: Thank you so much for your feedbacks :D

17. TheoAllen

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Alright then, I havent gone much in this game, but I already have a thought that maybe you can consider it in your future games or so.

> First, is it necessary to put map HUD to display your actor HP on the map? I mean, you're using multiple party members and the battle is not even action. It feels like it only get in my way of enjoying the map (your map is well done, and I want to enjoy it. Especially if this is your first game). So personally it is better to just get rid of it completely

> Second, is your music minigame. Already encountered one, and that got me thinking, wth is this. Personally it feels off, like you seemed like randomly put feature in your game without, well, actual why (or am I missing something, idk). Because, you put many songs in your game which contributed a lot in your game size. And I don't think I'm gonna play it either, which mean it waste of space

> Third is the battle itself. It's not a major problem, but if you could speed up the battle system, personally it would be better. Like, an attack sequence only last not more than 2 seconds, one second might be better. I feel like I didn't get satisfying feedback doing attack to the enemy except the vanish effect on the green haired guy (who was it again?) which is cool.

> Fourth is, fake saving screen, the loading bar. As someone who know that RM saves the game instantly and does not take a blink of eye, again, it feels like you were randomly put something that looks cool. Common people might not notice it, but it personally kinda bothers me.

I don't mind the grammar since we are a fellow non-native english speaker anyway. I mostly get the point you were trying to tell in game, even though sometimes I also feel like there is something off from your writing. Although I can't really put a finger on it. So I just ignored it all together

Good luck with the sequel

p.s: if ver 1.2 is another exe with one GB size, I don't think I'm gonna download it as I was lucky enough to get fast internet to download this, but not right now

18. JamesRyan

First Language:
    Vietnamese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I did see so many problems (including some you have encountered) before starting the sequel, so i'm sure the next one will be better :D
    And about the fake loading/saving bar, i actually had a plan to add some pictures with tips & tricks and showed them to players, but my graphics designer quit during the development so i could not do it :blush: The next game might still have fake loading/saving screen, but i'm sure i will add some in-game pictures with tips & tricks for players :cutesmile:

Once again, thank you for your suggestions. It is a great help for me to develop the sequel :D

19. Poryg

Poryg Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps Veteran

First Language:
    Czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This isn't about the game itself, but could you please edit the black text on the first page? It's hard to read for us dark theme users :)

JamesRyan likes this.
  20. JamesRyan

First Language:
    Vietnamese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I don't know how to use this forum's dark theme, so could you please tell me how to do it? It should be better if i can experience the dark theme to make a better change for my first page.