Xrayliv

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey people.

So i've got these 17 music tracks done that I haven't really done anything with so I figured i'd release them as a free resource for people. You're getting a bit of content here, including 3 seperate battle (Regular, Boss, and Final Boss) that are all done with the YM2612 chip. So they have a sort of Sega Genesis vibe to them if thats something you're going for.

Full download here:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/rg2ykzfw4b6rx8k/17_Tracks_For_RPG_Maker.zip

Also here, with tracks you can actually listen to and stuff:
https://dataerase.bandcamp.com/album/music-for-rpg-maker

Terms of Use:
You can basically use these for whatever you want, just make sure to credit me (Xrayliv or Dataerase is fine). Also shoot me an email at dataerase1@gmail.com if you're looking for someone to score your game or whatever. I can do sfx too.

Last edited by a moderator:

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
not so bad but i am not a big fan of old style song I prefer violon and instrumental style~ but continue to work it is great~

djDarkX

Retro & Remastered Music Guru
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Music
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sounds like you're using a lot of preset sounds (and DAC sounds) from Sonic 3.  Interesting.  What software are you using to make these?  Deflemask, TFM, YM2612 VST or something else, perhaps?

Xrayliv

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I cheated and used a couple of soundfonts haha, so you'd be right in that sense, they're presets.

djDarkX

Retro & Remastered Music Guru
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Music
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah, that's a shame.  If you want the true experience, or as close as one can actually get to making music with the emulated sound (think VGZ format), then try either one of the programs I mentioned or the VST.  You'll get, at least, much truer authenticity for said music (check my blog link in my signature to learn more).  Good luck to you!

Xrayliv

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have VOPM but i'm not experienced enough with it to make sounds that sound okay. I agree with you on using an actual FM synthesizer (or something emulating one), you definetly have a better range of sounds to work with. I think for this experiment though, the soundfonts do the job fine.

Ed19

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Empty
Primarily Uses
N/A
Soundfonts would be nice, at very least, I have FF7, Kingdom Hearts, and FF8 Soundfonts lol. 

And that's a nice collection, this will be suitable for platforming or old-school games.

amerk

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This is really good stuff for a more retro game that falls somewhere between the 8-bit and 16-bit era. Yay for chiptunes!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just a little close up shot...
w2xZocX.jpg
finally drew the last member of "team outcast" for my game. since my game has a lot fighting game elements in it, there's bosses in teams of three like King of Fighters.
What do you guys think about Survival mechanics in games (Hunger, thirst, etc.)?
Do you find them to be an enjoyable obstacle or a bit of a nuisance?

Asking for a friend... :stickytongue:
Run Script Calls & Play Unique Sound Effects With Each Skill & Item | RPG Maker News #113

Let's continue making our game in MZ! Touchfuzzy is... still eventing... though this time we may be working on eventing some tutorial stuff for our players!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AgentWoden