Finnuval

World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Been a while since I last checked in on this game but it's Still looking amazing guys!
Keep doing what you're doing xD

samkfj

Bug Powder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My bad--I thought I liked this already, I had been following a while and I guess I hadn't yet ^_^

Keep it up, bro. Love it.

Kwerty

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Here's a cutscene still for you guys. I know we've been quiet, but working hard on developing enough content to drop the demo. We're making good progress!

And here's a short in-game cutscene vid we've just completed for Beta, which i hope you enjoy.

Cheers!

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
Woah, forgot it was voiced. Pacing is really good BTW ^^

Eric_SD-RPG-Studio

Writer - Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
N/A
Amazing graphics, love the 3D-based interior, love the Oriental, Asian, traditional, ancient Japanese settings.

potatopoofer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This project is too beautiful for my eyes!

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
*let my eyes loose, unplug my analytical brain part, hold my jaw so I don't search it later.*
:eek:

Finnuval

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just a little gif showing what we've been working on this week.
looks awesome! only thing I can gripe about is the birds move a bit to fast in my opinion...like they're on hyper speeds lol Then again I'm being overly perfectionistic so yeah xD

Finnuval

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
haha no problem xD
Can't wait for the next thing you guys share on this project as it has been growing to be one of my favorites to follow on here. Quality is really up there and only improves with each posting :)

Kwerty

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It never seems like the right time but I guess now is as good a time as any to drop some content with some meat and bones on it.. an idea of the direction we're heading with the battle system & cutscenes.

Since we're still very much in Beta, you may notice some of the following in the vid;~

- frame rate drops (which we're going to be working on next by way of polishing this thing & smoothing it out.)

- some dips & peaks in sound levels (we're aware of and will be coming around to this type of thing towards release of the demo.)

Cheers!

Finnuval

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
okay that opening screen got me drooling (not a fan of the SE though).
Battle looks awesome so do the cut-scenes and art.

Now for some real nitpicking (but as I think you are aiming for very high quality it's worth noting) :

The cut-scene audio falls a tiny bit short. The quality seems a little below the rest. Not that it's bad but because the rest is such high quality it does stick out as a little lacking. My biggest problem with it is that the timing in some lines doesn't fully line-up with the scene and situation presented to the viewer/player.

Ofcourse this is just my opinion and should be taken with a considerable amount of salt XD

other then that i can only say : wow :)

Kwerty

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey man, thanks for the reply and comments.

For clarity, do you mean that the VO doesn’t synch with the facial animations? Or do you mean that the cutscenes don’t seem to follow what is happening within the battle itself? Or both?

At the end of cutscene 2, I intend to show the antagonist in a “new form”, but it means some more animation works and illustration for a new iteration of the character. Unless you mean something else, let me know!

About synchrony of voice with facial movement, it’s a tough thing indeed, we have worked so hard to get the cutscene voice and facial movement to the standard it is currently, unless we uncover another way or method of making it even closer synch, this is probably the best it’s going to get

Finnuval

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the sync-work is good and I can see there is a lot of effort put in there. That's not what I mean.
Lemme see if I can explain it :

in the beginning when you hear the line "you and your kind are already dead" and you give the visual of the sword being drawn there is a certain emotion you try to invoke however the timing between the spoken word and the visual is just a tiny bit off to get that full cinematic effect you are going for. Same when he responds after the battle "not yet"... there the line is spoken faster then the visual plays out (if that makes sense). This happens a few times ; where the visual and the spoken lines do not seem to match in speed (I guess).

Now like I said it's really nit-picky and I doubt many more ppl will even notice these things so take it with a huge helping of salt XD
I wouldn't even mention it if I you weren't already aiming for the stars here :D

EDIT: also I think the overall scene when he cuts the sword in half would benefit from having a breaking SE there as it feels a little 'empty' to me as it is now. but that's personal preference again xD

Last edited:

Kwerty

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah, so you mean for example when he says “not yet” that he should first position his sword behind himself before he speaks the words?

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
OH Sh... I forgot I was looking at a GAME!

Well, despite limitations, cinematography was good and the in-combat insert animations were great too.
I was always hoping inserting .ogv s cinematic sequences in combat rounds but was scared there would be loading screens or lags. ^^

Kwerty

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
dropping this shop design here for Izumo beach and I am updating the OP.

We're coming up to the final stretch for the demo drop. Looking forward to getting all the bugs ironed out..

Mapping wise, we're pretty much done. I got some more stuff I need to do with battle system + cinematic scenes, but i'm quite excited to say, making good progress here!

cheers!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So in my stream for the No Travel Game Jam, I mentioned we were going to do a teaching make a game from beginning to end series of streams, but it had to wait on an announcement I couldn't make yet before I could start... Keep your eyes on our twitter tonight.
Surprise extra Text Adventure session! Feel free to drop by!
I just started parallax mapping. Better results for sure, but a lot more time consuming. It's more fun than I thought though.
After a bit of away time due to virus and friends in crisis (friends get priority!) I think things have calmed enough for me to try to resume my activity everywhere. :kaoluv:(I still been working on projects though!)
After watching 'Whisper Of The Heart' I've got the song 'Country roads' stuck in my head.
Don't mind it so much as that I was singing today at my Church. :kaoswt:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Geniya_Shinta