phamtruong1992

Mage Art - Green Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is what i have been talking about. High resolution artwork for the win! I can feel the power of these pictures already. My body is eady to play it anytime!
But the only thing which boggles me, judging from these screenshots, is the perspective of some assets, feels kinda off. Other than that i will have to test the game out in order to give out more opinion. Nice game you have there mate.

Last edited:

Christian777

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Can´t believe you did this on RPG Maker MV... i must say CONGRATULATIONS... this gives RPG Maker a good name, because as you know its full of "generic" RTP games.

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
I found diagonal edges in there. Voluntary?

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
I had the impression the perspective lines were convergent as the piece wasn't a perfect square. It might do in some part of the world, tough. Not all peoples lives around a peer or house that must adapt to the environment.

cabfe

Cool Cat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
What I think Marquise meant is that the left and right walls are not parallel lines.
But if you look at the tatamis, they follow the same perspective, so I suppose it's the artist's choice and not a mistake.

Lilly

Joy Bringer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This game is amazing, I've never seen such a good RPG Maker game product in forever!(not really..)

It makes me want to play already!:wub

standardplayer

Keeper of Kitties
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I recognize some of the screenshots from a portion of the menu system, from a status update you had a while back......I really should have researched your game, this looks INCREDIBLE
I really like the character and scene art, I really look forward to this game coming out!!

Kwerty

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@phamtruong1992 Thanks for your comments. I've been eager to experiment with isometric angles to make things a little more "interesting" than the standard top down angles. :) hopefully overall it pays off in the end.

@Christian777 Neither can I! There is still a lot of work to do and, working with some excellent scripters, the project has worked alot on making tweaks and improvement scripts to make this project even possible. Truly, the work is with the developers, i have only asked for their excellent work :) . the most tricky thing i think we will see is "optimisations" in a finished demo. But the devs are working on it too, this is a little nerve wracking tbh.

@Lilly A demo should be coming soooooon and you'll be very welcome to test it out!!

@standardplayer thanks! kind comments keep me motivated. its been a long project getting to this stage and im looking forward to releasing the demo as soon as its ready!

If you'd like more dev updates (we post mostly here too) but also additional items on twitter @YomiNoKuni_RPG < -- is the Twitter handle.

More screenshots coming soon.

Cheers!

Finnuval

World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just dropping by to say I can't wait to see what 2020 will bring to this project :D

Work hard, but not too hard
Aim for the stars, but dont overshoot
Keep doing what you are doing, but dont stand still

And finally take all the time this project needs no matter how many of us are eager for it. It deserves it and we will still be here, drooling for it, no mattter how long it takes! XD

Or the short version : keep at it cause this project rocks! :D

Kwerty

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just dropping by to say I can't wait to see what 2020 will bring to this project :D

Work hard, but not too hard
Aim for the stars, but dont overshoot
Keep doing what you are doing, but dont stand still

And finally take all the time this project needs no matter how many of us are eager for it. It deserves it and we will still be here, drooling for it, no mattter how long it takes! XD

Or the short version : keep at it cause this project rocks! :D
Thanks Fin! You're the best! :)

Kwerty

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks @samkfj

We don't have a huge amount to show after the holiday period but you guys made me want to post something out :)

here's a map we're working on, a battlement. It's actually one of the final maps we need to complete for the demo. I'm really looking forward to being able to play the full demo from start to finish and once this map is colored and completed, we'll be able to do that and a beta demo will follow up shortly after, maybe in just a few months.

Kwerty

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
We've been working really hard on animations & voice over this week and here's a little video of where we're at so far.

standardplayer

Keeper of Kitties
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Oh my Josh, this is beautiful (which is to be expected at this point lol) Exactly the right amount of movement and animation both standing/waiting and during the attacks. It looks very satisfying to play!

Finnuval

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nothing to comment... It hits all the marks at all the right spots in all the right ways :D

Kwerty

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A little more progress on the map below. There is a lot of detail to this map so it’s going to take a while longer for us to complete it!

We've also put the finishing touches to a mini game today - will post out a video of it soon!

And here’s another screenshot, we posted out before but we’ve added some buildings to the scene :) got to say this is probably my favourite part of the game so far...

Last edited:

Finnuval

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Looking good as always :D

Two nitpicky things as far as the screen shot goes (but that's what I'm for right? Lol) :
- it misses some depth specifically between the two Mountain-peeks in the foreground.
- the shadows on the rope ladder dont really add up when you zoom in on it.

Again, really nitpicking here :) other then that though it is beautiful

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So... I work for 8 hours a day, but apparently I'm "too noisy" for people staying home all day and I need to be quiet or they will escalate things. o_O People be dumb.
Had no time to work more on my Redwood tiles yesterday and no time yet still today--But! Somehow found time to make sit health potion props.
Today I learned that George Washington was not the first president of my country, and that there were technically over a dozen presidents before him. My own ignorance astounds me, I mean it always does but the sheer scope of this revelation astounds me. I guess George Santayana really was quite astute when he said:
Currently enjoying FF7 Remake :biggrin:
Day 753: I think im just about ready to finish the planning stage of my game creation and actually start to make it :0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KyuKino