World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Loving it xD
Got it in one but i expect it Will be harder and faster as you play more? Looking great as always though.

JP92717

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'll have to give this game a playthrough once it's complete! Looking forward to it =)
I'm thinking of being a beta tester also if still looking for one.

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
The thumbnail made me wonder if there were bells, then molds for statues then playing the video, I can say this is REALLY great! ^^

EuphemiaArtoria

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
This game is gorgeous! Absolutely the best looking and most original graphics I've seen in an RMMV game. The overworld environments look so professionally done and lush, and the range of animation for the in-battle models is stunning.

In the FAQ you say you're hoping to post a demo in 3-6 months, but I don't know if that's 3-6 months from now or from your last update or what. When do you think a demo would be available?

One thing that struck me as a little odd watching the videos - there are more elements translated directly into English than I expected. e.g. in at least one cutscene they say "masterless samurai" instead of "ronin", there are a load of techniques called "one cut" etc. where you could say "ichimonji". This game seems directed at an audience who adore Japanese culture and samurai stuff, so I think you have a lot of room to be bold and use Japanese language elements and know your audience will understand a lot of them by context (or in the case of the moves, get the hang of them). Sekiro got away with just tons and tons of Japanese language dumped straight into the English version of the game so I think you could do the same if you wanted. But it is a fine line to walk between sounding authentic and pretentious (i.e. "All according to keikaku") so I understand if you prefer it this way.

Also, uh, not to be a total weeb, but in one of the cutscenes one of the characters pronounces "daimyo" as "day-myo". It's more like "die-myo".

Kwerty

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This game is gorgeous! Absolutely the best looking and most original graphics I've seen in an RMMV game. The overworld environments look so professionally done and lush, and the range of animation for the in-battle models is stunning.

In the FAQ you say you're hoping to post a demo in 3-6 months, but I don't know if that's 3-6 months from now or from your last update or what. When do you think a demo would be available?

One thing that struck me as a little odd watching the videos - there are more elements translated directly into English than I expected. e.g. in at least one cutscene they say "masterless samurai" instead of "ronin", there are a load of techniques called "one cut" etc. where you could say "ichimonji". This game seems directed at an audience who adore Japanese culture and samurai stuff, so I think you have a lot of room to be bold and use Japanese language elements and know your audience will understand a lot of them by context (or in the case of the moves, get the hang of them). Sekiro got away with just tons and tons of Japanese language dumped straight into the English version of the game so I think you could do the same if you wanted. But it is a fine line to walk between sounding authentic and pretentious (i.e. "All according to keikaku") so I understand if you prefer it this way.

Also, uh, not to be a total weeb, but in one of the cutscenes one of the characters pronounces "daimyo" as "day-myo". It's more like "die-myo".

Thanks for the feedback!

- Yep - 3-6 months from now we 'should' be able to bring in some betas for testing :) I just want to get things as polished as possible before i do it (currently I'm able to bring enough bugs and edits to keep the team busy, but when I'm done and need more help for bug hunting and improvements, I'll post the link to beta demo)

- I see what you're saying about using the terminology. I really like the idea around renaming the techniques (We'll definitely introduce that) Likewise in the cutscene, we'll re-record these changes for 'Ronin' + 'Day-myo', thanks for the heads up on those suggestions.

Thanks for checking out the project! @EuphemiaArtoria

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My kitty still young (3-4 months), I think I could teach her some funny tricks... like: "Play dead-ly good music for my games"
Here's a quality DPS class idea: The Beekeeper, who uses the "Bees!!" skill to attack and poison enemies.
Please don't create long, boring cutscenes in which characters do nothing but stand around talking.
What if I took a lesson from Half Minute Hero? Let the player get dumb powerful each area, but reset them down to just slightly stronger than before for the next map?
Been averaging 2-3 hours sleep for almost a month now. Starting to space out all the time ^^;

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Azer