You don't know me.

Discussion in 'Introductions/Farewells' started by Solistra, Aug 15, 2012.

1. Solistra

Solistra Veteran Veteran

Apparently, this forum is where all the cool kids are -- so here I am, pretentious (as always) and immensely bored.

Honestly, I don't even know what to write here... introductions aren't something that I am fond of, and they're certainly not anything that I'm used to writing, so I suppose I'll just stumble awkwardly and write whatever comes to mind before I have a chance to properly think about it. That's been a successful strategy in the past, at least (as far as I know).

So... hello. Meaningless social niceties aside, it's been an exorbitant amount of time since I was actually a part of any kind of community, and I'm not sure if I've matured or if I've just gotten older. Actually, the last time I was really involved in anything was three or four years ago at VX.net, and since then, I haven't been able to find any other community that doesn't just consistently annoy me -- so I guess, in some way, I'm hoping for more than that here. It wouldn't really make much sense for me to join otherwise.

Anyway, I really can't think of much to say here that's actually relevant, so I suppose I'll just include my regular disclaimer regarding my demeanor: in essence, I tend to come across to others as cold and harsh (I've been called "abrasive" enough times to infer that, certainly), but I'm actually pretty accepting and easy to get along with in most cases once you get to know me. Notable exception: if I really, truly don't like you, then I really, truly won't be nice to you... period. I have a tendency for being brutally honest that way.

With that said, I also have a tendency for verbosity, and tend to write at length as a result of that -- it's not by coincidence that I consider myself a writer before anything else. So of course, having mentioned that, I'm going to be completely socially awkward and cut this introduction off before I write any more of it because I like to leave you all hanging.

ShinGamix, SolarGale and Acetonide like this.
  2. TengHu

TengHu TengHu Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVX
    lol Welcome. Love your introduction. I think I remember you from VX.net. That avatar looks familiar...not sure.

So you're brutally honest? That's something I can't do. I'll be honest but I'll hold some things back.

Good to have you aboard. Welcome once again. ;)

3. crimcrim

crimcrim :d Veteran

First Language:
    English
    you use big words

sabao, EvilEagles and Archeia like this.
  4. choppa8732

choppa8732 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Welcome to the community! This is the most active one ive been to so far in the past couple months, on a side note your name sounds familiar, were you previously in another rmvx forum?

5. Solistra

Solistra Veteran Veteran

Not all of the time -- if I always said what I was thinking (or what I thought about someone), I probably wouldn't last very long much of anywhere. I've never been afraid of expressing my opinion when I think it actually matters, though, which is really more accurate, I think.

How cogent of you.

I've been on VX.net and RM Collective before. Other than that, I've mostly been around creative writing forums which continually annoy me with shoddy work coupled with the overtly egocentric authors of said works.

6. Confederacy

Confederacy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I remember you when I first joined the VX.net forums. Nice to you see back Solistra.

7. RATED-RKOFRANKLIN

RATED-RKOFRANKLIN Cardfight!! Vanguard Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hello and welcome to the forums. What's your favorite food?

8. Kaiser

Kaiser Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Finally. We require more sane people in this forum. Welcome aboard indeed and enjoy your stay here. It is a lot more active and cleaner than the VX forum.

9. choppa8732

choppa8732 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Vx.net thats where I have seen you.. you probably dont remember me, but anyhow its nice to see an old face.

10. Solistra

Solistra Veteran Veteran

I remember you, too, or at least the fact that I didn't dislike you; beyond that, my memory is somewhat hazy, as it is for most of that time. As for being back, I'm not sure if it's nice to me yet or not... I suppose we'll have to wait and see (and yes, I know you didn't ask that).

Newborns -- their bones are just so soft and pliable. (Actually, I'm a vegetarian, and I honestly couldn't tell you what my favorite food is.)

I'm amused by your usage of the word "sane." I also noticed that you have your location set to Sheol City, which just made me want to mention that I wanted to set mine to "Gehenna." Not the same thing, obviously, but still... that was kind of interesting to see.

Actually, I might still set mine to that....

11. Emzie

Emzie ಠ_ಠ Veteran

First Language:
    Filipino
    Hi Solistra, you introduction is weird, but welcome to the RMW forum! :D (Uses Evil magic at Solistra to make her more evil)

Edit:

Made a boring joke at Solistra

Me: Jeeneeus, what solistra's evilness level?Jeeneeus:It's oVER 9000!!!!!

Me:WHAT THE Frick?!*BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMM*

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2012
  12. PK8

PK8 I sense there's something in the wind... Veteran

I remember you, though I'm not sure if you remember me on the old IRC channel. Remember Punk?

Anyway, I like you already. Welcome.

13. Sander

Sander Villager Member

First Language:
    Dutch
    I beg to differ. Hi Solistra! \o.o

14. Archeia

Archeia Level 99 Demi-fiend Staff Member Developer

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    Welcome! Your introduction post made me slow down due to your...wide vocabulary.

Have a nice stay!

15. GrandmaDeb

GrandmaDeb Modern Exteriors Posted! Veteran

lol way to make a splash, dear. glad you made it over to visit with everyone. =]

16. Zeramae

Zeramae It's okay by me Member

First Language:
    English
    Out of the sea of "writers"; I can honestly say that you're one of the few who can back up this claim, and this is just from an introductory post.

I hope you find what you're looking for here at the forums.

17. Gomi Boy

Gomi Boy   Veteran

First Language:
    the truth
    I challenge you to a smug-off.

sabao and crimcrim like this.
  18. Solistra

Solistra Veteran Veteran

I vaguely remember you. For the most part, I can only remember usernames and such, not the associated personalities that went with them, though. I do recall enjoying your presence though, so that's something, at least.

All generalizations are false, including this one.

Isn't that what I normally do anyway?

Challenge accepted. (And I like your attitude already.)

GrandmaDeb likes this.
  19. SolarGale

SolarGale Learning Veteran

First Language:
    English
    We like unique and interesting people here so I'm sure you'll find people to get along with here. At the very least you sound mature and that is certainly a good thing, (imo). And there are various people who like to speak their mind here so you're definitely not the only one.

So what I mean to say is hello and welcome to the forums Solistra!

20. RyanA

RyanA Happy Cat Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Your scent is familiar :3 Welcome to Maker Web, I'm sure you'll fit right in, we have lots of interesting peoples d(>w<)b