Your ambition with RPG Maker

When you are using RPG Maker what is your primary motivation for using it?

• I'm just making it for hobby

• I want for my game to be successful and popular

• I'm just learning game design with it

• I prototype my games with it

Results are only viewable after voting.

HankB

Actual size
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have achieved my goal in RPG Maker many years ago, I have satisfied my curiosity

I gotta ask, what do you mean by that? What was your goal, and how did you achieve it? If you don't mind my asking.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I gotta ask, what do you mean by that? What was your goal, and how did you achieve it? If you don't mind my asking.
Sure.
I started RPG Maker in 2009 (RMVX). Since then, I have dreamt to have my very own battle system. I started to learn how to write a script for VXAce in 2013. With the countless script I wrote, I gained knowledge and finally build my very own battle system, then finished it in 2015 (as well as a complete game).

Now that I know how long and how much effort to do that. I realized that I mostly wanted to do that out of curiosity. I have no goal beyond that.

ered_luin

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Croatian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Woow! Thank you all for this detailed explanations and reasons you shared on this thread. :LZSproud:

It is really interesting to read it.

teleshock_p

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Messing around with RPGMaker is just a fun hobby for me as well.

Basically, I wanted to learn how to draw pixel art and it seemed more fun to implement the stuff I'd draw into something functional.

Trying to shape some ideas into something real and playable is quite challenging, but also a pretty neat experience!

EmeraldSword

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Definitely a hobby, but if I ever manage to get a complete game out there and people enjoy it, that's always a plus. xD

KazukiT

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
RPG Maker is a form of expression and video games have always played a role in my life. It fulfills my need to create worlds, characters and stories while being able to interact with them. I mainly do it as a hobby but I would like to make some money from my projects.

So that is why for my bigger games I plan to use a publisher. After all the years of self-promoting my art because I kind of suck at it. Besides, I might as well get help from someone who knows what they are doing. I don't have anything against self-publishing but has never born any fruit for me. (Sorry if its part feels like a rant XP)

Drake616

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It's just a spare time playing around and relaxing type of thing for me, I wouldn't mind them blowing up eventually if I ever finish them of course.

kaukusaki

Awesome Programmer Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It's actually my job (game designer) lolol. I always wanted to make game ever since tsr gold box games were hip (showing my age here lol). I always played rpg's and if it had a level editor i tinkered. When the maker series came out on consoles i kept tooling. I pretty much revolved my life around games making.
I started using the makers primarily to show it's possible to make a commercial game with it and not just as an RDK (rapid dev kit). After 15 years in the biz it's finally paying off :D

Gabrelik

Almighty Maker of Sandwiches
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
RPG Maker began, for me, a very long time ago. What began as nostalgia grew into a great love of gamdev and this community. The forums were almost like a second home, and I came to enjoy interacting with everyone in various ways. I now see the engine as a means to establish a foothold in an industry that drives my passion. I'm putting my all into this current project, and with the support of this wonderful community, I hope to see it flourish into something amazing. I'll always be a diehard Maker fan. :)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Finally got my website fixed and the security sorted so it's been a productive day. Can I go to sleep now? I mean... I don't need to work right?
It's always a good idea to refresh yourself on what your plugins do. I'm working on a map with opening walls, and I was about to tear my hair out over how much image editing and hand-constructing of autotiles I'd have to do, when I looked again and saw @Shaz 's Tile Changer could copy areas from another map.
"sorry it took me so long to respond" - can we please agree not to say that anymore unless it actually took a long time?! (Like 36hrs at least) I mean, I'm running out of funny responses here xD
Ugh... 4:53AM over here and I can't sleep so why not just game make.
I just love the MV feature that allows you to create your own animations!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sardin