Your best excuses to ditch work/school tomorrow..

Status
Not open for further replies.

ei8htbit

Mega Member
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
OK Guys and Gals we're all in this together, I figure if we put our minds together we can come up with some pretty amazing excuses to take the day off tomorrow and dive face first into all the gloriousness of VX Ace. Think of it like a collective resource we can all draw from in case we need inspiration coming up with an excuse..

I've got to avoid the office tomorrow so I figured a rare and obscure-sounding fake disease might do the trick (plus if I play my cards right I may be able to parlay it into an extended long weekend)..

Here's what I've got so far:

Influenza Strain H5N1-VXA

Conditional Branch Event Syndrome

Vomit Switch A = ON

I dunno, I'm sure all of you can come up with some more realistic alternatives, I'm curious to hear what your plans are for tomorrow with the launch and if you'll be "working from home" :ph34r:

AstoXx

Subconscious Punmaster
Reaction score
First Language
Logic
Primarily Uses
I have the fortune(?) to be off school today anyway, because I'm ill. I'll just say I haven't quite healed up yet and don't want to infect anyone.

...And if that doesn't work, I'll tell them I'm shooting out of both ends.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ichi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
If I knew when the emails were going to be sent out I might drum up something, but then i'd probably just end up falling asleep with the rare opertunity to do so :D

Knightmare

Knight of the Night
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
...because I'm ill...
Sure you are -_-

As much as I want to stay home I have bills to pay and food to eat so I'll be going to work.

AstoXx

Subconscious Punmaster
Reaction score
First Language
Logic
Primarily Uses
Sure you are -_-
Just what are you implying, sir! I'll have you know I am currently suffering a period of lack-lustre health! Honestly...

As if I would be so dubious...

JumpingGinger

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm working today, I'm even in my uniform, but I don't start for another 4-5 hours. Yeah, yeah I know I get into my uniform WAY to early!

So anyway, as for sickness hmm...

I haven't done any RPG Maker scripting in the past, but I have done some coding so I'll just make it how it sounds.

I have

Variable: Chickenpocks = 0

It's not a lie then! :p

I'm not very good at the whole coding stuff though, only done, HTML, CSS, Javascript and Flash Code mainly.

Psyker

Degibeta Team
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm on vacation this week so no excuse necessary.

deilin

Ranger/Elementalist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I get up at 2 am to be at work at 6... why... coffee

I see many pots in the next few days.

As for scripting, it's mostly logical if, and, else statement looking for conditions.

The trick is figuring out the variables.

Rion Requiel

Twilight Requiem Productions
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't go to school or have a job, So my excuse is as follows...

Dear Self,

I do hope you can forgive me for not being completely swayed by a growling stomach or the constant thirst you are feeling, I am way to busy creating a video game, So give me 5 more minutes and I will grab food... and a drink... and a snack... and a energy drink.. And some other things..

-Sincerely, Your Evil Half.

:lol:

Azahoth

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I would blame it on leap year, say you were given the wrong date on a appointment you just can't miss.

AstoXx

Subconscious Punmaster
Reaction score
First Language
Logic
Primarily Uses
Wouldn't an evil half refuse to provide sustenance on the grounds that torture and the like are sort of an evil half's thing?

Rion Requiel

Twilight Requiem Productions
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nah my evil half likes making games just like my good half XD

Knightmare

Knight of the Night
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Just be honest and be all like "Hey boss I won't be coming in today, RPG Maker VX Ace is getting released and its more important than this job so have a nice day, I'll be back tomorrow."

Reynard Frost

Designer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have bills to pay so I won't be able to take time off of work. However, I'll still be able to sneak in some writing and implement the ideas when I get home.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
:( I HAVE to work tomorrow. I work for 3 different companies, and they ALL have stuff that needs to get done urgently at the moment.

The weekend will be my "me" time, I think. Then I'll be able to spend half a day here scouring through what everyone else has already discovered :D

Rexxon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Sadly, I cannot afford the hit to my wallet missing a day of work would cost me, And I work the next three days in a row.

It looks like I'll be needing to cut my already limited sleep for awhile, but it's for a good cause. :D

ei8htbit

Mega Member
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I gotta say I'm really proud of you guys, such morals, such upstanding citizens, such a sense of priorities....it's ok your secret is safe with me ;) (I know you're just writing that in case your boss creeps your profile online).

HAPPY LAUNCH DAY EVERYONE!!! :p

Asterisk

アステリ (ノ ̄ー ̄)ノ♪
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm already skipping work and playing around with VX Ace.... deadlines? What deadlines????

Jishin

Lieutenant
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have no school for the next two weeks :3

RPG MAKERUUU TIAMMUUUUU

Hesufo

Homu!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
I'm still on vacation. I start College on April 2. So, I got a good amount of time left to play around with VX Ace!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Finally adding subtitles. My demo release is really close! :kaojoy:

1653799949837.png

ngl i feel like im morbin out
I've made a lot of small changes and fixes over the past couple weeks without actually making any progress on my game...now I'm running out of things I want to change, and I'm terrified that I might have to start being productive again...the horror! D:
I made a mini devlog about the sprite animations I've been working on! You can read it by clicking here

applebuds-dreamtrotter.gif
What happens with this list, is it currently possible to buy any of these RPGMAKER at least those that are for PC?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tamin21